Dawoodi Bohra in media 2017

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Shams
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:08 pm

Re: Dawoodi Bohra in media 2017

#211

Unread post by Shams » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:41 pm

UnhappyBohra wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:03 am
Scroll.in article about the latest diktats...ummm sorry advisories... 8)
https://scroll.in/article/861702/using- ... ew-diktats
I would ask them to book an appointment to visit my house to see what toilet I use and what food I eat, with a reminder to bring harpic, brush, dishwasher soap and sponge to clean my toilets and dishes thereafter.



UnhappyBohra
Posts: 492
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:23 pm

Re: Dawoodi Bohra in media 2017

#212

Unread post by UnhappyBohra » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:21 am

https://mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com/mum ... 186961.cms

Seat Reservations 😀 Muffi is making the community a laughing stock



dal-chaval-palidu
Posts: 418
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:46 am

Re: Dawoodi Bohra in media 2017

#213

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:00 pm

UnhappyBohra wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:21 am
https://mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com/mum ... 186961.cms

Seat Reservations 😀 Muffi is making the community a laughing stock
I wonder if this earns them (MS BS and Kothar) brownie points with the hardline (BJP, RSS like) groups in India. They may see it as standing up for Indian culture vs. western influence and may like it.



Shams
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:08 pm

Re: Dawoodi Bohra in media 2017

#214

Unread post by Shams » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:32 pm

The sad part about this whole tatti deal is that if enough sheep bleat louder than usual, they will back off a bit and come back with another equally ridiculous farmaan. Unlike actual mafia, these ones dont actually have the conviction to follow through on their words. They bend and twist according to what suits them most at that point of time.




SBM
Posts: 6142
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 4:01 am

Re: Dawoodi Bohra in media 2017

#216

Unread post by SBM » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:53 pm

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinio ... 55118.html
Dawoodi Bohra women describe experiencing cutting at age seven, usually by medical professionals. Some have recounted traumatic memories of the procedure, of being pinned down on tables, feeling pain between their legs and feeling pain when passing urine for days after.



dal-chaval-palidu
Posts: 418
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:46 am

Re: Dawoodi Bohra in media 2017

#217

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:58 pm

https://mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com/mum ... 234656.cms

http://indianexpress.com/article/cities ... ed-venues/

Many other newspapers (like the paper Hindu, for example) are carrying this news in Mumbai. How big (# of people impacted) is this a problem for the people? I am trying to get a sense of it.




bohrabhai
Posts: 401
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:16 am

Re: Dawoodi Bohra in media 2017

#219

Unread post by bohrabhai » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:34 am

News
Attachments
Screenshot_20171228-165817.png
News



objectiveobserver53
Posts: 281
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:29 pm

Re: Dawoodi Bohra in media 2017

#220

Unread post by objectiveobserver53 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:17 am

STF generating lot of positive comments. This is the kind of leadership we need - one focusing on inter-faith harmony, not one focused on toilets!!

https://www.facebook.com/DalaiLama/phot ... 031532616/




ajamali
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:51 am

Re: Dawoodi Bohra in media 2017

#222

Unread post by ajamali » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:46 pm

objectiveobserver53 wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:17 am
STF generating lot of positive comments. This is the kind of leadership we need - one focusing on inter-faith harmony, not one focused on toilets!!

https://www.facebook.com/DalaiLama/phot ... 031532616/
Refreshing to see a religious leader engage in interfaith dialog and discuss harmonious co-existence. Especially refreshing after Pottygate videos! Hats off to Fatemi Dawat for going high when MS goes low.
WhatsApp Image 2017-12-28 at 10.12.42 AM.jpeg



ajamali
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:51 am

Re: Dawoodi Bohra in media 2017

#223

Unread post by ajamali » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:03 pm

Looks like the Dalai Lama got on pretty well with STF :) Check out the coverage they are giving the Taqreeb conference on their website:

https://www.dalailama.com/pictures/inte ... -new-delhi



Crater Lake
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:46 pm

Re: Dawoodi Bohra in media 2017

#224

Unread post by Crater Lake » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:01 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdPmNilnQag/

Two men exuding true inner peace and joy! If the comments on FB and Instagram are anything to go by, the picture seems to have moved the tens of thousands of Dalai Lama followers - some to tears :)



SBM
Posts: 6142
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 4:01 am

Re: Dawoodi Bohra in media 2017

#225

Unread post by SBM » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:12 pm

Before we go Gaga on Dalai Lama one should not forget about his followers killing Rohingya Muslims and not a beep from Dalai Lama, wonder why STF did not bring that with Dalai Lama.



ajamali
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:51 am

Re: Dawoodi Bohra in media 2017

#226

Unread post by ajamali » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:16 pm

SBM wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:12 pm
Before we go Gaga on Dalai Lama one should not forget about his followers killing Rohingya Muslims and not a beep from Dalai Lama, wonder why STF did not bring that with Dalai Lama.
Burmese Buddhists are not followers of the Dalai Lama - only Tibetan Buddhists are. Perhaps that is why STF did not complain to him about the people he has no influence over :roll:

The Dalai Lama is a vocal ambassador for his people against their Chinese oppressors. He taken on the powerful Chinese government and has the super powers of the world on the side of his people. He preaches the message of love not hate. There is much to be admired.



dal-chaval-palidu
Posts: 418
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:46 am

Re: Dawoodi Bohra in media 2017

#227

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:37 pm

I am happy that FD folks did this inter-faith gathering, and also I am happy that they honored the Dalai Lama. He has been a good religious leader with a lot of good things to his credit.

However, the observation that SBM makes is a valid one, and I was was also going to point that out. Look, may be the Burmese Buddhists may not "follow" him, and I don't know whom they follow. However, the Dalai Lama carries a lot of weight, and his words matter. And he has NOT said a word about the Rohingya Muslims killings and the more than 600,000 people who have fled to Bangladesh - the folks that the UN called the most persecuted group in the world.

So the observation is completely valid and proper. In fact, he should say a few words, as it may make a difference to the plight of the Rohingya muslims. I hope that privately they encouraged him about the same.

Brother Ajamali, if the Burmese Buddhists don't "follow" him, as you say, then he has even less constraints, if any. Hence from a purely humanitarian point of view, he should speak up for them (just as Pope Francis did).



Crater Lake
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:46 pm

Re: Dawoodi Bohra in media 2017

#228

Unread post by Crater Lake » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:35 am

ajamali wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:16 pm
SBM wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:12 pm
Before we go Gaga on Dalai Lama one should not forget about his followers killing Rohingya Muslims and not a beep from Dalai Lama, wonder why STF did not bring that with Dalai Lama.
Burmese Buddhists are not followers of the Dalai Lama - only Tibetan Buddhists are. Perhaps that is why STF did not complain to him about the people he has no influence over :roll:

The Dalai Lama is a vocal ambassador for his people against their Chinese oppressors. He taken on the powerful Chinese government and has the super powers of the world on the side of his people. He preaches the message of love not hate. There is much to be admired.
We do not know that STF did not bring up the Rohingyas in his conversation with the Dalai Lama.



dal-chaval-palidu
Posts: 418
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:46 am

Re: Dawoodi Bohra in media 2017

#229

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:32 am

ajamali wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:03 pm
Looks like the Dalai Lama got on pretty well with STF :) Check out the coverage they are giving the Taqreeb conference on their website:

https://www.dalailama.com/pictures/inte ... -new-delhi
Who is the person in the Bohra topi next to STF on the stage?



hello52
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:14 am

Re: Dawoodi Bohra in media 2017

#230

Unread post by hello52 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:02 am

ajamali wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:46 pm
objectiveobserver53 wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:17 am
STF generating lot of positive comments. This is the kind of leadership we need - one focusing on inter-faith harmony, not one focused on toilets!!

https://www.facebook.com/DalaiLama/phot ... 031532616/
Refreshing to see a religious leader engage in interfaith dialog and discuss harmonious co-existence. Especially refreshing after Pottygate videos! Hats off to Fatemi Dawat for going high when MS goes low.
WhatsApp Image 2017-12-28 at 10.12.42 AM.jpeg
See this Ahmadi guy wearing topi in his entire life he never wore that for any functions and that to which is catching for a function at JNU .
GUESS WHAT MAY BE HE HAS BEEN Given high post as all post are vacant



hello52
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:14 am

Re: Dawoodi Bohra in media 2017

#231

Unread post by hello52 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:15 am

And i am unable to decide how SmS is going low .
By ani ding by sharia is going low , to make people use indian toilet is going low . In australia the goverment is converting western toilets to indian type as it's health department has already suggested see
https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&sourc ... Jzn7Dpfq_c

Even china is concentrating on toilets .
Even our prime minister is doing that . All are going low and you people by using western toilet are going high.
You are making fool of urself .
And indian toilets are benificial for health .
You can google it . Whats wrong in that . May be there way of approach is wrong but not the intension behind it .



ajamali
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:51 am

Re: Dawoodi Bohra in media 2017

#232

Unread post by ajamali » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:27 am

hello52 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:15 am
And i am unable to decide how SmS is going low .
By ani ding by sharia is going low , to make people use indian toilet is going low . In australia the goverment is converting western toilets to indian type as it's health department has already suggested see
https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&sourc ... Jzn7Dpfq_c

Even china is concentrating on toilets .
Even our prime minister is doing that . All are going low and you people by using western toilet are going high.
You are making fool of urself .
And indian toilets are benificial for health .
You can google it . Whats wrong in that . May be there way of approach is wrong but not the intension behind it .
Absolutely nothing wrong with the Indian toilet. Prefer it over a western one myself. So I use a squatty potty. Have done so for years. However my spouse prefers the western one and the squatty potty makes it easy for us to use the one we like. The point is that these are personal decisions and the religious leader does not need to conduct surveys and carry on wrecker attacks on people’s toilets and use high pressure tactics to get them to convert their toilets. This does not pass the smell test for a well intentioned message. This is no way to “guide” a people. It is a way to harass a people. It is intrusive and uncalled for.

It is the dialogue in the community that has become low. Not just the potty!



Crater Lake
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:46 pm

Re: Dawoodi Bohra in media 2017

#233

Unread post by Crater Lake » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:40 am

^^ MS is unable to deal with pressing and complex problems of the day - such as interfaith harmony. So he reduces the dialogue in the community to that of defecation and marriage venues. That is the kind of stuff that he can deal with.

Hello52 you cannot vindicate MS by saying the campaign was carried on badly. The man at the top is responsible (in this case more so - because they mimic his anger) for the actions of his administration.



byculla
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:40 am

Re: Dawoodi Bohra in media 2017

#234

Unread post by byculla » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:25 am

hello52 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:15 am
And i am unable to decide how SmS is going low .
By ani ding by sharia is going low , to make people use indian toilet is going low . In australia the goverment is converting western toilets to indian type as it's health department has already suggested see
https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&sourc ... Jzn7Dpfq_c

Even china is concentrating on toilets .
Even our prime minister is doing that . All are going low and you people by using western toilet are going high.
You are making fool of urself .
And indian toilets are benificial for health .
You can google it . Whats wrong in that . May be there way of approach is wrong but not the intension behind it .
By the way, in Australia, they installed some indian toilets for completely different reason - it appears their diverse population did not know how to use western toilets and caused a mess.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/east ... 5c45899f05

(quoting from above link - “What they would do is put their feet on either side of the toilet seat and quite often miss,” he said.

“It wasn’t good for other staff who came along afterwards and would have to complain repeatedly about the state of the toilets.”)

Likewise, Indian prime minister is addressing a different problem - that of toilet availability and usage especially to women - NOT of converting western to Indian. (That too he didn't do anything new - there were movements to address these issues for past 30 years through Sulabh sauchalaya and other initiatives by previous governments and NGOs.)



objectiveobserver53
Posts: 281
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:29 pm

Re: Dawoodi Bohra in media 2017

#235

Unread post by objectiveobserver53 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:43 am

And here we go again... instead of talking about living peacefully and harmoniously, we are talking about potties. This is the way a fake leader deflects the conversation away from important issues.



SBM
Posts: 6142
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 4:01 am

Re: Dawoodi Bohra in media 2017

#236

Unread post by SBM » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:41 am

We do not know that STF did not bring up the Rohingyas in his conversation with the Dalai Lama.
Sister Crater Lake
Can you find out thru your sources if he did bring up this issue with Dalai Lama because if he did, it will show his leadership to stand up to atrocities on Muslim Ummah.



Ozdundee
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 6:57 am

Re: Dawoodi Bohra in media 2017

#237

Unread post by Ozdundee » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:13 am

SBM wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:41 am
We do not know that STF did not bring up the Rohingyas in his conversation with the Dalai Lama.
Sister Crater Lake
Can you find out thru your sources if he did bring up this issue with Dalai Lama because if he did, it will show his leadership to stand up to atrocities on Muslim Ummah.
Sir, Dalai Lama is head of Tibetan Buddhist he would have no influence over Myanmar Buddhists.

I believe Bangladesh and Malayasia would have most leverage. The issue is beyond US influence also.

The sad part is Modi has sided with the Myanmar government. Which puts Dalai Lama not able to shift sides so as not to upset Indian govt who hosts him. Very complex game of thrones...while human lives are being destroyed.



Crater Lake
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:46 pm

Re: Dawoodi Bohra in media 2017

#238

Unread post by Crater Lake » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:43 am

SBM wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:41 am
We do not know that STF did not bring up the Rohingyas in his conversation with the Dalai Lama.
Sister Crater Lake
Can you find out thru your sources if he did bring up this issue with Dalai Lama because if he did, it will show his leadership to stand up to atrocities on Muslim Ummah.
Bro SBM, I trust that now the dialog has begun important issues WILL be discussed at the appropriate time. From my "sources" what I do know is that STF cares deeply about the displacement of all human beings be they Muslims or others. He is a man of compassion, that much is evident and he plays the long game in order to do good. A marathoner vs. a sprinter so to speak....It may not satisfy some of us who are impatient...but that is his prerogative as a leader.



dal-chaval-palidu
Posts: 418
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:46 am

Re: Dawoodi Bohra in media 2017

#239

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:56 am

dal-chaval-palidu wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:37 pm
I am happy that FD folks did this inter-faith gathering, and also I am happy that they honored the Dalai Lama. He has been a good religious leader with a lot of good things to his credit.

However, the observation that SBM makes is a valid one, and I was was also going to point that out. Look, may be the Burmese Buddhists may not "follow" him, and I don't know whom they follow. However, the Dalai Lama carries a lot of weight, and his words matter. And he has NOT said a word about the Rohingya Muslims killings and the more than 600,000 people who have fled to Bangladesh - the folks that the UN called the most persecuted group in the world.

So the observation is completely valid and proper. In fact, he should say a few words, as it may make a difference to the plight of the Rohingya muslims. I hope that privately they encouraged him about the same.

Brother Ajamali, if the Burmese Buddhists don't "follow" him, as you say, then he has even less constraints, if any. Hence from a purely humanitarian point of view, he should speak up for them (just as Pope Francis did).
I want to stand corrected. I said above that the Dalai Lama has not said a word. That is not accurate, and I want to correct that error. Below is a link where he spoke out about it. There may have been other times too.

https://www.lionsroar.com/dalai-lama-co ... n-myanmar/



Bohra spring
Posts: 1233
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:37 am

Re: Dawoodi Bohra in media 2017

#240

Unread post by Bohra spring » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:15 pm

Can FD explain why Dalai Lama deserved one more award on top of countless awards DL has already achieved. This award is minute to the Nobel peace prize.

What transparency was used and who were the shortlist of contenders.

We're there any major religious community represented like Deobandi or RSS.