Some honest questions

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
HJK

Some honest questions

Unread post by HJK » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:10 am

Hi everyone
I am writing for the first time.
I have been reading this forum since long now,
Honestly i am enclined towards Fatemi Dawat and STF, but there are some questions which need to be answered before i get there completely. I request the fatemi dawat folks here to help me out.

objectiveobserver53

Re: Some honest questions

Unread post by objectiveobserver53 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:25 pm

You will get authoritative answers from Moulana’s brothers. I would suggest that you seek them out. If my experience is anything to go by, your biggest challenge will not be the lack of convincing arguments from Fatemi Dawat but rather it will be the fear of social boycott in the hearts of your loved ones. That fear will hold you back, as it seems to have done so far!

HJK

Unread post by HJK » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:13 pm

It definitely is not social boycott. I Feel there are alot of inside people from fd here. I am rather not comfortable to go to the shz at the moment. The questions are simple. Probably you can get me some answers?

HJK

Unread post by HJK » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:15 pm

The only thing that has held me back is some questions. In the 21st century living with the fear of social boycott is stupid according to me. I have not seen such people though, but people who are hiding in the pretext of social boycott are just wanting a reason to not come.

objectiveobserver53

Unread post by objectiveobserver53 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:34 pm

HJK wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:15 pm The only thing that has held me back is some questions. In the 21st century living with the fear of social boycott is stupid according to me. I have not seen such people though, but people who are hiding in the pretext of social boycott are just wanting a reason to not come.
What is it about Fatemi Dawat that makes you “inclined towards Fatemi Dawat?” Also, the consequences of social Boycott are very real. Those who are openly with Fatemi Dawat have horror stories about close family members who will not talk to them anymore because they themselves are threatened with boycott if they keep connections with their FD relatives. For you to dismiss social boycott as something without real impact makes me believe that you are somewhat removed from reality.
Most of the people here who are in misaq of STF ( with exception of CL and TFY) attend Fatemi Dawat events in secret as there is someone in their family who will not let them make their affiliation public for fear of being boycotted. So they can hardly be considered “insiders.” If you were someone who is truly after the truth, you would not fear reaching out to the right people in Fatemi Dawat with your questions.

UnhappyBohra

Unread post by UnhappyBohra » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:25 pm

Wow! That’s quite a preamble to asking a question. Why don’t you just ask your questions HJK and if someone is so inclined, they will answer, if not, you know where to go.

dal-chaval-palidu

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:24 am

UnhappyBohra wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:25 pm Wow! That’s quite a preamble to asking a question. Why don’t you just ask your questions HJK and if someone is so inclined, they will answer, if not, you know where to go.
+1

Just ask here in the open forum, and may be some others also have the same question, and it can help them too.

And I hope that somebody will answer here.