Ashara 1441 - Colombo

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
UnhappyBohra

Re: Ashara Venue Announced

Unread post by UnhappyBohra » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:55 pm

think wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:28 pm just a word of caution. This is a buddhist country and they hate muslims. No international conference or seminar ever can happen in this country, for the simple reason that there is always fighting going on between the two factions. that is Tamil and Sengalese.
A religious person will do what he is told no matter what is right, whereas a spiritual person will do what is right no matter what he is told.
Not sure what you are talking about...Ashara was held in Sri Lanka a few times during Burhanuddin Moula's zamaan. I was present and it was a great experience. Sinhalese businesses benefited a lot from all the money spent by Bohras - from the lowliest tuk-tuk driver to the big hotel owners and people were feeling very friendly towards us as a result.

Post bombing, sentiment towards Muslims may have soured but my guess is that people will still welcome the economic activity.

momeenbhai

Unread post by momeenbhai » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:38 pm

By Ilhaam of Imam they have created PR pdf.
Attachments
PR Brief Ashara 12.08.pdf
(2.94 MiB) Downloaded 454 times

momeenbhai

Unread post by momeenbhai » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:44 pm

Omg I cant believe this. So now we dont even have Imam Hussain as the main theme of Muharram.

According to above document this Muharram is all about PR for srilanka and making it great again.

Theme name they have chose is #webelieve in srilanka.

Wtf?

Wowowowowow

momeenbhai

Unread post by momeenbhai » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:02 pm

Believe it or not I saw this coming few years back. Dont be surprise when bohra muharram will be a music concert just like agha khanis does in Muharram every year.

I am repeatedly stating bohra dai follows exact step of agha khan since ages.

Moiz_Dhaanu

Unread post by Moiz_Dhaanu » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:45 pm

wonder what is needed to be kept secret... 8)
Attachments
ashaea.png

momeenbhai

Unread post by momeenbhai » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:44 am

Clearly, this forum is monitored by mufy and taher PR teams.

alivasan

Unread post by alivasan » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:21 am

[facebookpost]
Yasmeen Habib posted in Dawoodi Bohra Platform with Hasnain Balidiwala and 3 others
Ab to khake shifa bhi mola imam hussain ki naa rahi

[facebookpost]
Attachments
FB_IMG_1566540956503.jpg

juzer esmail

Unread post by juzer esmail » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:09 am

momeenbhai wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:02 pm Believe it or not I saw this coming few years back. Dont be surprise when bohra muharram will be a music concert just like agha khanis does in Muharram every year.

Bhai what do the Aga khanis do in Moharram?

alivasan

Unread post by alivasan » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:28 am

[DELETED]

momeenbhai

Unread post by momeenbhai » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:23 am

juzer esmail wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:09 am
momeenbhai wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:02 pm Believe it or not I saw this coming few years back. Dont be surprise when bohra muharram will be a music concert just like agha khanis does in Muharram every year.

hi

Since I am following all the bohra events from last many years, I have acknowledged that bohra dai tends to follow agha khan policies.

Agha khan started taking over all the properties in his name so did the bohra dai
Agha khan started abolishing Quran studies, so did the bohra dai and then banned Quran reading with understanding
Agha khan started claiming himself a god on earth, bohra dai doing same.

some years back aghakhanis had proposed music concert in London, I hope bohras dont follow it.

it seems there is a quite resemblance in their way of operating and controlling masses.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:29 am

Agha khan started abolishing Quran studies, so did the bohra dai and then banned Quran reading with understanding
Please stop false stories
As a matter of fact, under Current Aga Khan, he has asked his followers to start reading Namaz, Do Fasts and read Quran. Every event arranged by Aga Khanis start with recitation of Quran.

momeenbhai

Unread post by momeenbhai » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:01 am

SBM wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:29 am
Please stop false stories
As a matter of fact, under Current Aga Khan, he has asked his followers to start reading Namaz, Do Fasts and read Quran. Every event arranged by Aga Khanis start with recitation of Quran.
last time I checked they had nothing of that thing, but if they coming back to Islam then its good for them.

think_for_yourself

Unread post by think_for_yourself » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:37 am

momeenbhai wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:23 am
juzer esmail wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:09 am
hi

Since I am following all the bohra events from last many years, I have acknowledged that bohra dai tends to follow agha khan policies.

Agha khan started taking over all the properties in his name so did the bohra dai

some years back aghakhanis had proposed music concert in London, I hope bohras dont follow it.

it seems there is a quite resemblance in their way of operating and controlling masses.
What you know about Bohras, I can flick away in a milli second with my two fingers. You come here looking for scraps of information and increasingly people hesitate to share with you. What you THINK you know is a whole bunch of baseless, out of context titbits made inaccurately whole by your imagination and imaginary corroborating stories from non existent aunties and a possibly imaginary/unfortunate wife!!

momeenbhai

Unread post by momeenbhai » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:24 am

think_for_yourself wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:37 am
momeenbhai wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:23 am

hi

What you know about Bohras, I can flick away in a milli second with my two fingers. You come here looking for scraps of information and increasingly people hesitate to share with you. What you THINK you know is a whole bunch of baseless, out of context titbits made inaccurately whole by your imagination and imaginary corroborating stories from non existent aunties and a possibly imaginary/unfortunate wife!!
not sure about my wife frustration, but your language does sound like you are a frustrated dude with no life ambition left whatsoever :lol:

any ways feel free to educate us with your tremendous knowledge about bohras. :wink: :lol:

think_for_yourself

Unread post by think_for_yourself » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:34 pm

I am not a “dude” and you are wrong about everything else too.

momeenbhai

Unread post by momeenbhai » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:45 pm

think_for_yourself wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:34 pm I am not a “dude” and you are wrong about everything else too.
I was actually going to call you aunty but then I thought let's not take a chance....any ways good luck :!:

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:31 am

Crater Lake wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:19 am
alivasan wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:52 am
Dear Admin..what post is this..? just mentions " by Hanuman". please refrain from posting such silly posts.we talk and praise Ahlebait here no ram, ravan and hanuman. i guess there is another splinter group from bohras following hindu gods..
I don’t know about splinter groups among Bohras but there is definitely one retarded member on this forum with no sense of humor, who loves to talk to himself and has 41 names..... and who is probably still looking for more information on that free flight....
Let me correct you, its 61, not 41

momeenbhai

Unread post by momeenbhai » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:02 pm

Please see the language used for a momeen who wants to visit Muharram site. :roll:

got it on whatsapp
Attachments
2019-08-29_23-10_WhatsApp Image 2019-08-29 at.jpg

momeenbhai

Unread post by momeenbhai » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:05 pm

So basically Sri Lankan gov dont want too many people at this moment when they have just gone through a big blast killing hundereds.

so now why the hell muffy is hell bent to make sri lanka his muharram venue where momeenin cant even come without any restriction?

WTH is going on?

momeenbhai

Unread post by momeenbhai » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:41 pm

Huge change in the menu, no 52 different dishes on pehli raat night now, simple food as usual. this is a great step towards uniformity.

Good step

Moiz_Dhaanu

Unread post by Moiz_Dhaanu » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:34 pm

Mumineen ni jamaat @chennai ...ohbat majlis are showing the benefits :twisted:

Attachments
VID-20190831-WA0006.mp4
(4.86 MiB) Downloaded 580 times

MohammedG

Unread post by MohammedG » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:03 am

Heard from people in Chennai that his health is not good at all.

Unable to lead imamat namaaz. Cannot sit on takht in usual manner, needs to be lifted in and out.

juzer esmail

Unread post by juzer esmail » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:25 am

Yes.When SMS came they put like a curtain..A sheet..for people not to see how he is sitting
Then when he was comfortable only they showed him again sitting on takht

think

Re: Ashara 1441 - Colombo

Unread post by think » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:57 pm

is this video clip of sri Lanka 2019, Ashara tamasha

momeenbhai

Unread post by momeenbhai » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:58 am

So yesterday muffy talk about

1) dont be greedy
2) dont be angry
3) dont be proud

rest you can understand better about how contradictory is that :lol:

its fun to listen to lying idiots.

think

Unread post by think » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:01 pm

Today's vaaz on different types of stones and their healing powers. No where in the quraan have I read about it. It may have been in some hadees , but I hope bohras do not take it seriously and stop taking their prescription medicines' for what ever ailment they are suffering from.
Would not be at all surprised, if fanatic bohras go about wearing necklaces of different stones around their neck like Sai baba thinking they would be healed since their moula said wearing stones will heal them.

salim

Unread post by salim » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:33 pm

It looks like you are upset with the music and you are upset with how "you think" we (nizaris) commemorate Muharram.

Muharram is a month of sadness for us aga khanis. Usually, any marriages, music concerts, parties do not take place in the month of Muharram. Muharram is a month of contemplation for us. We may not do any chest-beating mattam parade as some other Shias do, but we are in spirit with all those Shias or Sunnis who follow different customs and traditions of remembering the tragic event. There is no music concert in Muharram.

Like many Muslim societies, Music is a part of the Ismaili culture too. I do understand that in some part of the world Music and Muslim don't go together. But if you look at the cultural heritage of Islam, music plays an important role. One of the most prominent and influential theologians and jurists of Sunni Islam (Al-Ghazali) once said - "whoever says that all music is forbidden, let him also claim that the songs of birds are prohibited as well"

dal-chaval-palidu

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:56 pm

salim wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:33 pm

It looks like you are upset with the music and you are upset with how "you think" we (nizaris) commemorate Muharram.

Muharram is a month of sadness for us aga khanis. Usually, any marriages, music concerts, parties do not take place in the month of Muharram. Muharram is a month of contemplation for us. We may not do any chest-beating mattam parade as some other Shias do, but we are in spirit with all those Shias or Sunnis who follow different customs and traditions of remembering the tragic event. There is no music concert in Muharram.

Like many Muslim societies, Music is a part of the Ismaili culture too. I do understand that in some part of the world Music and Muslim don't go together. But if you look at the cultural heritage of Islam, music plays an important role. One of the most prominent and influential theologians and jurists of Sunni Islam (Al-Ghazali) once said - "whoever says that all music is forbidden, let him also claim that the songs of birds are prohibited as well"
Good civil way to answer, Br. Salim. Thanks also for informing us.

MohammedG

Unread post by MohammedG » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:07 pm

Leader of Lofty Stature is so unwell that he could not risk doing any live relay broadcast this year?

Due to his difficulty breathing, he cannot last for a full length waaz and he cannot lead namaaz either.

objectiveobserver53

Unread post by objectiveobserver53 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:00 pm

MohammedG wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:07 pm Leader of Lofty Stature is so unwell that he could not risk doing any live relay broadcast this year?

Due to his difficulty breathing, he cannot last for a full length waaz and he cannot lead namaaz either.
I bet he feels like an iron fist rammed into his chest and deflated his lungs quite a bit. I imagine the velvet glove did not do much to cushion the blow.