what happens when you die

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
kabeer19922001

Re: what happens when you die

Unread post by kabeer19922001 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:14 am

Dear Humsafar

One of your few posts that I agree completely with.

Regards

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:45 am

Br. ProFrog Salams.These people are making it so hard for you its a pity.

I feel I need to bring it down a notch.Lets suppose you die.This is whats going to happen.

First of all your loved ones wiil be very sad.They will go to your Amil Saheb and get your safai chithy.Here again they will be more sad because the raza wiil cost them too much.Amil Saheb will be also upset,because know he cannot attend the shadi jamman.But the salam will cover the loss.After that people will talk about you as a jannati because the dal chawal tasted pretty good on the third.

Now it depends on how many people you have helped in your life with your jaan and mal,you will get your rewards.I have only one request of you,if you get there before me save some good looking hooris for me,I dont want second hand ones.I also dont like antiques.

So brother keep doing the right thing.Ask yourself am I really doing what ALLAH has asked me to do.Then you will be fine.Please dont forget you yourself has to do the right thing.Dont let somebody else do it for you.I mean namaz,zakat khairat and you know the rest.

By the way Asgarali writes good books and they have been published.Read one,unless you know other Bohra scholars go for that, too.

Salams

profrog

Unread post by profrog » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:18 am

to seeker my question was what happens to the person who has died and not the living left behind ,does the so called good books written by ajger answer this question,what the living do is their own bussiness

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:40 am

Br.You will need to read one,Insha-Allah Khuda will give you that chance.Sorry I cant understand why a person like you will ever need to know about what what Asgharali writes.See our folks Aqa moula and co.,has so much litrature printed on all the subjects you need not look elsewhere.

We have libraries,just pick up some books.Better yet borrow one.I am sure you are around wise people like yourself.

salams

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:16 am

Br. Humsafar
AS
Nice post.

Br. Kalim;

You wrote
Your point of the Prophet's words and action not having the same status as the Quran is quite surprising. Then why follow the hadith in the first place? Why defend the hadith and Sharia with the same vigor as the Quran?
Yes, Prophet was not infallible in every aspect of life. For example he advised date farmers to plant date saplings in certain way and crop failed and he admitted that he was not expert in date farming ( I can research and find exact narration but I hope you will not quibble about it at this time). So here his intension was good but not correct.
Another example;

Anas bin Malek reported:
The prophet prohibited us from drinking in standing position (Related by Muslim)

If this Hadith had same status as commands of Qur’an then 80% of Muslim Ummah will sit every time they drank water (I assume 20% do not subscribe to this Hadith). Muslim majority countries will require water fountains accessible only in sitting positions.

Author M.U. Kazi comments underneath this Hadith in his book ‘A treasury of Ahadith’: “Most of Scholars agree that it is not unlawful to drink in standing position, but rather it is against Islamic etiquette and the expected norms of a Muslim Society.â€

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:17 pm

Froggy
Let us hear what Aqa MOula says about what happens after YOU DIE
Let us see if you can entertain us a little.
and again remember what Shezada in NY said, no abuse and respect for other's views
I have not heard anything about that FARMAN from you or Piggy. Why donot you follow that FARMAN

kalim

Unread post by kalim » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:10 pm

First, I do not accept that all myths have equal value. Unfortunately some myths lead people into behaving in an unacceptable manner. For example, once one accepts that the myth that the da'i is infallible then violence against dissidents becomes morally acceptable. Second, the foundation of the Ismaili/Bohras faith is actually the Imamat. The concept of Imamat is central. There is a complete and elaborate mytho-history which places the various prophets as one among the long unending chain of Imams since the beginning of time. Further, some of the prophets are also Imams, like Mohammad but not Jesus. Now I am not claiming that such a history is true, but simply that it exists and that it is considered true by the Ismailis/Bohras.

Obviously the da'i is a human being and in practice can succumb to worldly greed and a desire for power and wealth. If that was not possible then the Progressive movement would not need to exist. The point I was trying to make is that one can not use precedents of the da'is during the time of the Imams to conclude that the duats at the time of satr can be reprimanded as some duats were at the time of the Imams. But as Humsafar correctly points out this is only a matter of principle: in practice of course we know that the da'i and his administration can become extremely greedy and even adopt violence. In such a situation there is a need to curb his power and to help the oppressed followers.

Dear MF: I do not accept any of your silly examples. Neither will any Bohra. Instead of saying that the Prophet made a mistake we simply reject such foolish hadith and narrations as false and fabricated. The Sunnis have always had a reason to portray that the prophet was not infallible: for if the prophet was not infallible, how can anyone else claim such a position? Do you also see the ridiculousness of the hadith you mentioned? Do you seriously think that there is a deity who would be bothered whether you drink water standing or sitting? Then we have some "scholar" making ponderous statements about this. Does this seem to you any different than the current recommendation of the da'i to change toilet bowls?

Do you seriously think that the picture you have of Imam Hakim from those anti-Fatimid histories bears any resemblance to the actual man? Many recent histories have been written about Imam Hakim using genuine Ismaili documents which were carefully preserved in the private libraries of the Bohras. Also, I would be rather glad to meet Imam Hakim and his duat. Can you even imagine the extraordinary mind and intelligence of his da'i Sayedna Hamiduddin Kirmani?

Anyway, personally, as you may have already guessed, I do not subscribe to religious myths of any sort. My attraction to Ismaili philosophy is due to cultural reasons and not because I think they are true. I consider all myths to be false and have always advocated a more rational approach to ethics and morality. I do not care if you think the hadith are true or that if the Bohras believe that the da'i is god as long as it remains a personal view and does not cause you to do harm to others.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:51 pm

Br.MF Assalamoalaikum.

Your posts are boring and hold no water in the Shia community.You need to take the show to Afghanitan and saudi.Some place where people will find it interesting.Here its like playing flute to the bull.Your approach is very dry.

Sometimes this van comes to my house selling meats(steaks).I dont ever buy any,but to let him know I am not interested I simply say I am vegetarian.I think when I say to you we shias are vegetarians(wink,wink).You know what I mean.

We bring Ahlebait in our discussions,unfortunately you dont.Besides your relegion is too closed minded.The show has only couple of tricts.Only works on a 2 year old child.Again as I say we are vegetarians.

salams

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:08 pm

Br.,Profrog I am sorry I misunderstood.So I will go again.When you leave this world.You will appear in this big fair ground.There you will need to find the tent marked dawoodi Bohras.Your prerequisite will be to know the name of your Imam.In your case it could be more than two.If you dont see people smiling and welcoming you just claim you cant read,or left your glasses.

Find another tent, where people look happy.Say you belong to the group.By the way loose your topi,and Saya.I know all this because thats about all I was taught in the Bohri madrassa.Hope I cleared everything here.

Salams

profrog

Unread post by profrog » Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:44 am

seeker please answer my question which is what is going to happen to the progs when you die, we bohras already know whats going to happen to us we do now need you people to tell us.please tell me that you are depending on someone or something to take care of you when you are in the grave all alone with snakes and insects for company like you have nowwhen you are alive

profrog

Unread post by profrog » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:00 am

do not try and avoid this by abuses(omadonkey style) or by quoting funny and unknown islamic scholars (MF) TRY AND REPLY on who the progs depend on,and please do not reply god because majority of you do not believe in god

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:09 am

Br., profrog,I am sorry your name makes me laugh.I know I shouldnt because Aqa Moula give out most of the names.Maybe he gave you this one,so again I am sorry.

When progs die we just burry them in the ground.No one ever came back up to tell us what goes on down there.You are not going there,so why worry.I heard when you will die someone will hold your hand and take you to jannat.So I guess no hole in the ground for you.

Oh insects and snakes.what else is down in there.I guess it will be allright.I dont know how to prepare them.Any good receipes.They say snake taste like fish.I like fish,I will be okay.

profrog

Unread post by profrog » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:16 am

what then makes you different from animals, your life has no meaning you live like animals,eat like animals,and die like animals and then you are burried like animals with no purpose of having lived a life.it should be my name that makes you laugh but the whole purpose of you being born in this world should make you laugh and( maybe if you have them )your parents cry

profrog

Unread post by profrog » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:29 am

the above comment by seeker just shows how the progs have been misled by their beliefs and how confused they are that in the end they believe in nothing and not even in the mercy of allah which even any illitrate muslim would not deny,this should not make you laugh but weep

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:25 am

Br., profrog.Your writing style changed,read the start of the topic,now read the the last reply.According to your belief its a moujiza.The same one Kothar performs everyday.You guys should print them.So many people of this world would be impressed.Maybe,they will all become bohras.Go ahead dont feel shy,or you want me write them out here.I bet you will deny them.

I replied to what will happen to me,so be fair tell me what will happen to you.Or too chicken to admit,Go ahead,we all need the same information that you so desired.You must know somebody that came back from the grave,to tell you the secrets of Qabar.

Look into Bohras crystal ball.Tell us the fairy tales,you feed the moumineen.

Why do you care how I die and what will it prove.All I know is you believe Moula will hold your hand and take you to Jannat.Remember the Chicago joke Jannat tamara bap ne chei.

Hey,the stocks are down Moula an co. is going to loose big.Get your check books out.I have seen it happen many times before.When stocks are down,they come back with strange demands.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:21 am

Br.,Profrog what did kothar teach you about after death?I have heard all the lenghty waiz's. I know the out pouring of Knowledge.If can give give us any time and dates we will be glad to check it out.

Or is it just stupid garble that goes on.I have some tapes of waiz,no one can believe the message or the messenger.Is it because you guys have no disire to learn or you are just there for food.Dont say ibadat.All the long suras that I use to hear are not recited any any namaz.They just keep getting stingy with the namaz itself.

Unless you count the two rakats for Moula Tahir Saifuddin,which has become more important than any other sunnat.

Tell all the muslims how dumb the bohris are as far as religion is concerned.All you talk about is moujizas of syedna.

I will discus the so called tahjeeb in the bohra religion,against what i learned in my schools,to show you how stupid and disturbing our practices are where islam is concerned.

shabir

Unread post by shabir » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:19 am

each and every human is a shell of circumstances and belongs to that particular enviroment.our actions our speeches our manners all are a product of circumstances and events we go through during our journey in life.the only important thing is adhere to what you have been given in your natural enviroment without pointing to others.if now the jews say that they have a right defend themselves could be direct reactions produced by speeches made by irans president and also by hamas leaders who say that they dont recognize nor accept israel.now the point is whether the jews are right are wrong is not important to them.they only recognize one thing and that is the state of israel should exist.so similarly if the progressive have certain belief than definately they are right in their own way but what amazes me is that why should they tell others that they are wrong.yes there are people who literally live in the mosques and the jamat khanas pray there, eat there attend all the majlis and yet still oppose to pay the sabils which are funds used for upkeepping these places.like here in the city i live a mr.x is always there in the fuctions and is a regular namazi and he was telling me why should he pay.so i told him that since this is your unofficial house you should pay double.if we mumineen believe that AQA MOULA will be there to lead us and when he says that it must be be since me who is 50 and above have witnessed that he is there with me when ever i have asked help from him.how he does it he knows.who are these people like s.insaf and taher to tell us the other way. and profrog why crack your head to find out what will happen to others after they die.we are on our own while in life or in the grave.nobody can crack that shell in which we are cacooned and there is no escape from it.even a mad person claims that he is right while outsiders laugh on him and his actions but in that mad person's mind what he imagines and thinks is what actually is true for him.

tahir

Unread post by tahir » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:27 pm

Kaka Shabir,
May I request you to speak for yourself instead of proclaiming 'we' momineen. Say 'I' not 'we'! Over 90% of dawoodi bohras are sick of mulla burhanuddin's tyrrany but do not open up due to fear and unwillingly keep pretending to be followers. This board is for them. You are welcome to have your own beliefs but then you should not drag your feet between the majority of bohras and mulla burhanuddin. Keep your beliefs personal. To give you an idea - just count the number of people on this board who do not share your beliefs and who does. Does this give you an idea that you are in minority among bohras?

You have made it apparent on more than one occasions that you are not in touch with bohras masses and bohra affairs and that is why keep blowing the naive 'everything is fine with kothar' pipe. I know of many people who worship Osama BIn Laden and believe that everything he does is right. If they were you, they'd just fight with everyone who calls him terrorists. Isn't it?

WYP

Unread post by WYP » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:41 pm

Originally posted by tahir:
Kaka Shabir,
May I request you to speak for yourself instead of proclaiming 'we' momineen. Say 'I' not 'we'! Over 90% of dawoodi bohras are sick of mulla burhanuddin's tyrrany but do not open up due to fear and unwillingly keep pretending to be followers. This board is for them. You are welcome to have your own beliefs but then you should not drag your feet between the majority of bohras and mulla burhanuddin. Keep your beliefs personal. To give you an idea - just count the number of people on this board who do not share your beliefs and who does. Does this give you an idea that you are in minority among bohras?

You have made it apparent on more than one occasions that you are not in touch with bohras masses and bohra affairs and that is why keep blowing the naive 'everything is fine with kothar' pipe. I know of many people who worship Osama BIn Laden and believe that everything he does is right. If they were you, they'd just fight with everyone who calls him terrorists. Isn't it?

WYP

Unread post by WYP » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:50 pm

Kaka Shabir,

LOL @ 90% bohras. I am sure they all came to you and privately owned up to being "fearful of mulla burhanuddin's tyranny".

Yes, on this board shabir is a minority among all the Reformist Bohras, Wahabi activists, Aga Khan followers and Atheists born into Bohra families. There are at best 4-5 Orthodox bohras that post here regularly.

tahir

Unread post by tahir » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:09 pm

Welcome back Want Your Phook...
I am now rest assured those 90% don't whisper to you that they like smooching wrinkled thighs.. ;)

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:19 am

Questions for you WYP:

Tahir's take of 90% against is wrong. What percentage do you think, seeing eye to eye with syenda saheb, and his son's administration.

why are syedna saheb's son(s) called shehzada. What are their merits.

How should a dai live a life. How many palaces are enouhg for propagation of fatimid dawat.

pro_pig

Unread post by pro_pig » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:15 am

tahir,
Over 90% of dawoodi bohras are sick of mulla burhanuddin's tyrrany but do not open up due to fear and unwillingly keep pretending to be followers. This board is for them
r u trying to be bohra or pro dawoodi bohra

shabir

Unread post by shabir » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:00 am

tahirbhai who cares what you think.

this post was for profrog who is just coming here to waste his time.

shabir

Unread post by shabir » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:20 am

and when i say 'we the mumineen' i mean the 10% who has solid and and unshakable love and beliefs in AQA MOULA.who cares what the other 90% hypocrites believe or what they do.yes they are afraid to speak out if there is anything to speak out but since they want to have their feet in the "milk as well as in the dahi" they dont speak.its the same for all the progressives who do not want to write actual names in this forum.cowardice and hypocracy are issues of this forum.the faithful remain.MOULANA HUSSEIN had just 73 people to support him but he went through.those 73 were staunch believers in his fight and gave shahadat.Now there are millions who cry over their shahadats and I dont mean just we the mumineen.if 10% are true mumineen we are happy with the figure.like they say in pushto "the more cows there are the more dung there is".

tahir

Unread post by tahir » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:14 am

Yes acc'ty the figure was quoted in a fit of emotions but I can assure you it is not bloated. I live in the bohra heartland in India, in a town with a very important ziyarat and where almost every bohra (from India) comes atleast once in his lifetime. I am not only deep rooted in the community but have close links with kothar.

In our joint family my uncle is a Sheikh NKD and keeps hosting darees, ziyafats etc. on a weekly basis. It is visited by all the prominent kotharis of the town including the city Aamil and occasionally by a visiting Shehzada. The present Sayedna has stayed in our house twice during his reign and innumerable times during his fathers reign. My late grand father (also a sheikh) accompanied him in many of his hunting trips in the forests of India. The walls of our house is 'adored' by rare pictures of young burhanuddin with corpses of Bisons and a Tiger.

When I speak about bohras, I know what I am speaking unlike most of the orthos on the board who may not be actually very close to the bohra masses and speak purely on blind beliefs and subsequent repulsion to any voices of reforms. These neo converts are taken by the cherubic mask of the devil.

tahir

Unread post by tahir » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:20 am

And BTW Kaka Shabir,
You again failed to justify dawat through Quran as I asked you in the thread you started on nahajul balagh. Now do you get an idea that your parroting of Allah Subhanahu and 73 accomplice of hussain ect. are so hollow and devoid of subatance? You are fixated on words without knowing their spirit. That is why the current state of bohras is so devoid of spiritualism. I am sure, spiritualism for you is pure parroting.

If you really believe in the deeds of hussain you would be the first one to question the deeds of mulla burhanuddin.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:52 am

Here is some insight into what your Agakhani Ismaili think what happens to them after they die.

LIFE AFTER DEATH

Wasalaam

WYP

Unread post by WYP » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:17 pm

Welcome back Want Your Phook...
I am now rest assured those 90% don't whisper to you that they like smooching wrinkled thighs.. ;)
You can rest assured thinking whatever you like. I am not the one making unsubstantiated claims and making up childish names.

WYP

Unread post by WYP » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:48 pm

Originally posted by accountability:
Questions for you WYP:

Tahir's take of 90% against is wrong. What percentage do you think, seeing eye to eye with syenda saheb, and his son's administration..
I do not know. I have not conducted a survey. How does it matter?
why are syedna saheb's son(s) called shehzada. What are their merits.
They are sons of a Dai. Those who respect them call them Shahzada. If you don't like that, don't do it.
How should a dai live a life. How many palaces are enouhg for propagation of fatimid dawat.
The Dai should live his life as he sees fit. If the Dai thinks that he requires a palace in every country, so be it. If he thinks that a small hut is enough, so be it. As per my faith, the Dai has complete authority to do as he pleases. That is my faith. You may agree or disagree.

Bottomline is this, personally I do not care whether there is one follower or one million followers. I have faith that my Dai is leading me on the Siraat-e-Mustaqeem. The distractions and temptations to stray from this path are many, but like many here like to say, I have my blinders on. I may occasionally stray a little, but my Dai is there to guide me back. Some of those distractions may be corruption in the jamaat administration, may even involve amils and the Dai's family members, Allah Ta'ala will judge them in His court. My resolve and my faith remains unshaken by these distractions.

For more questions, please ask Tahir bhai. He should have intimate knowledge about everything that happens in the bohra world.