to reformists about rida

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
like_minded

Re: to reformists about rida

Unread post by like_minded » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:48 am

Zack, I guess ive already answered on the topic of rida, please check.

As I have already said, and i am saying again, appearances have no significance (rida, topi, dhadi, saaya, kurta)

Shahu

Unread post by Shahu » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:37 pm

Beard and Hijab are not ordained in the Qur'an. Abu Jahl, Abi Lahab, Waleed bin Muhgeerah, ‘Aas bin Waael, ‘Agabah bin Mu’eet, ‘Atbah bin Waleed - the Prophet's (S) dire enemies, and all other Arabs sported a beard, and hence, it is not a SUNNAH of the Prophet. Or, it is as much a Sunnah of Abu Jahl! Hindah bint 'Atbah and all Arab women of her time used Hijab, a reflection of the Arab culture. Beard and Hijab are ordained in the Bible.

North Africa is known for its Tribe (Tuareg)that have the Muslim men wearing "Hijab" instead of women. Here the tradition has the Hijab in reverse. If wearing Hijab is the exclusive sign of a pious and righteous Muslim woman, Mother Teresa must be the first woman to be counted. In
brief, Hijab is a traditional dress and has nothing to do with Islam or religion. In certain areas of the world, men are the ones who wear the Hijab while in others the women do.

COVER YOUR BOSOMS:

24:31 Here God orders the women to cover their bosoms whenever they dress up. But before quoting 24:31, let us review some crucial words that are always mentioned with this topic, namely "Hijab" and "Khimaar".

THE WORD HIJAB IN THE QUR'AN:

Hijab is the term used by many Muslim women to describe their head cover that may or may not include covering their face except their eyes, and sometimes also covering one eye. The Arabic word Hijab can be translated into veil or yashmak. Other meanings for the word Hijab include screen,cover(ing), mantle, curtain, drapes, partition, division, divider etc.

Can we find the word "Hijab" in the Qur'an? The word "Hijab" appears in the Qur'an seven times, five of them as "Hijab" and twice as "Hijaban". See 7:46, 33:53, 38:32, 41:5, 42:51, 17:45 & 19:17. None of these "Hijab" words are used in the Qur'an in reference to what the traditional Muslims call today as the dress code for the Muslim woman. Hijab in the Qur'an has nothing to do with the Muslim Women dress code.

Mixing religion with tradition is a form of idol-worship, because not knowing (or not trying to find out) what God asked you to do in His Book,
the Qur'an, is a sign of disregarding God and His Message. When tradition supersedes God's Commandment, the true religion (Deen) takes a second place. God never accepts to be second, God has to be always the First and to Him there is no second.

THE WORD KHIMAAR IN THE QUR'AN:

"Khimaar" is an Arabic word that can be found in the Qur'an 24:31. Dress Code For Women can be found in 24:31. Some Muslims quote verse 31 of Surah 24 as containing the Hijab, or head cover by pointing to the word, khomoorehenna, (from Khimaar),forgetting that God already used the word Hijab, several times in the Qur'an. Those blessed by God can see that the use of the word "Khimaar" in this verse is not for "Hijab" or for head cover. Those who quote this verse usually add (Head cover or veil) after the word Khomoorehenna, and usually between ( ), because it is their addition to the verse, not God's. Here is 24:31,

"And tell the believing women to subdue their eyes, and maintain their chastity. They shall not reveal any parts of their bodies, except that which is necessary. They shall cover their chests, with their Khimaar and shall not relax this code in the presence of other than their husbands, their fathers, the fathers of their husbands, their sons, the sons of their husbands, their brothers, the sons of their brothers, the sons of their sisters, other women, the male servants or employees whose sexual drive has been nullified, or the children who have not reached puberty. They shall not strike their feet when they walk in order to shake and reveal certain details of their bodies. All of you shall repent to God, O you
believers, so that you may succeed."

Most of the translators, obviously influenced by Hadith (fabrications)translate the word as VEIL and thus mislead people to believe that this verse is advocating the covering of the head.

In 24:31, God is asking the women to use their cover (khimaar, being a dress, a coat, a shawl, a shirt, a blouse, a tie, a scarf . . . etc.) to cover their bosoms, not their heads or their hair. If God willed to order the women to cover their heads or their hair, He would have simply said, "Cover your hair." God is neither vague nor forgetful! God does not run out of words. He does not wait for a scholar to put the correct words for Him!

The Arabic word for Chest (Jayb) is in the verse 24:31, but the Arabic words for Head (Ra’s) or Hair (Sha'r) are NOT in the verse. The commandment in the verse is clear - Cover your chest or bosoms, but also the fabrication of the scholars and most of the translators is clear by claiming-cover your head or hair.

The last part of the verse 24:31 translates as, "They shall not strike their feet when they walk in order to shake and reveal certain details of their bodies. The details of the body can be revealed or not revealed by the dress you wear, not by your head cover. The word Zeenatahunna in this verse refers to the woman's body parts (beauty) and not to ornaments and
decorations as some people interpret it or translate it. At the end of the verse, God tells the women not to strike with their feet to show their Zeenat. You do not need to strike your feet to show your ornaments but the way you strike your feet while walking can expose or shake certain parts of the body that do not need to be emphasized.

Accepting orders from anybody but God means idol-worship. That is how serious the matter of Hijab/Khimaar is. Women who wear Hijab because
they think God ordered it are committing idol-worship, as God did not order it, the scholars did. These women have found for them another god than the One who revealed the Qur'an, complete, perfect and fully detailed. Idolworship is the only unforgivable sin, if maintained till death. (4:48)

Shahu

Unread post by Shahu » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:44 pm

Here is a picture of Taureg men wearing hijab!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Tuareg_1907.jpg

Here is entry in wikipedia about them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuareg

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:08 pm

shahu,
Accepting orders from anybody but God means idol-worship.
YUSUFALI: Say: "Obey Allah and His Messenger": But if they turn back, Allah loveth not those who reject Faith.

YUSUFALI: "'(I have come to you), to attest the Law which was before me. And to make lawful to you part of what was (Before) forbidden to you; I have come to you with a Sign from your Lord. So fear Allah, and obey me.

YUSUFALI: And obey Allah and the Messenger; that ye may obtain mercy.

YUSUFALI: Those are limits set by Allah: those who obey Allah and His Messenger will be admitted to Gardens with rivers flowing beneath, to abide therein (for ever) and that will be the supreme achievement.

shahu,

Did you translate hadith as "fabrications" or are you saying that all hadith are fabrications? If you are, kindly produce your proof or know, that you are no better than the yahood of Mecca.

porus

Unread post by porus » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:15 pm

Originally posted by Shahu:
Beard and Hijab are not ordained in the Qur'an. Abu Jahl, Abi Lahab, Waleed bin Muhgeerah, ‘Aas bin Waael, ‘Agabah bin Mu’eet, ‘Atbah bin Waleed - the Prophet's (S) dire enemies, and all other Arabs sported a beard, and hence, it is not a SUNNAH of the Prophet. Or, it is as much a Sunnah of Abu Jahl! Hindah bint 'Atbah and all Arab women of her time used Hijab, a reflection of the Arab culture. Beard and Hijab are ordained in the Bible.
That must count as a nail in the coffin for the Bohra obsession with hairy faces. Does anyone know if Muawiya, Yazid and Shimr had beards? If so, Bohras must start shaving now, lest they be counted among these shayateen. ;)

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:28 pm

Both Aurangzeb and Shivaji had long beards.
They were enemy of each other.
Most of Saudi kings are clean shaved. Hajar Imam Karim Agakhan is clean shaved. All the heads of Mamlakate-Pakistan were and are cleaned saved.
Most Rajput Hindus and Maratha Hindus beside Sikhs feel pride in keeping beard.
So it is rightly said "Beard is Islam but Islam is not in beard."

tahir

Unread post by tahir » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:43 pm

Syedna Burhanuddin is also clean shaved. I am not talking about the face... ;)

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:25 pm

If we are to follow shahu's logic, then we will have to reject Hazrat Isa and Hazrat Musa as prophets because the jews and the christians follow them. Similarly we will have to reject every prophet before prophet Muhammed.

Taking this crazy logic a bit further, since the prophet's enemies were Arabs, the prophet was his own enemy because the prophet had a beard and he was an Arab.

JC

Unread post by JC » Tue May 01, 2007 1:54 pm

well said Tahir...!!!!!!! however who cares now??!! is there any Bu Sahiba?? well then there will be preference of beard or no beard their!! or Burhan has my liking or type??!!!! Yeah man ppl like me also donot like big beards there!!!

Look at the Pig Shahzadas, those fat a******, look at their lanatee faces!!!! different types of beards!!!

Gulf

Unread post by Gulf » Tue May 01, 2007 2:02 pm

Look at the Pig Shahzadas, those fat a******, look at their lanatee faces!!!! different types of beards!!!
No shezada is FAT, you may have seen asghar ali's son.. in your mosque only at your dominated area (((all of them are FAT due to consuming PORK a lot))) :D

JC

Unread post by JC » Tue May 01, 2007 2:59 pm

Gulf

I donot care about Asghar Ali or his sons and I donot care what they eat. They are free to do what they want.

I want to talk about Burhan, Shahzadas and Kotharis who run our lives, who are sitting as royals and ruling family. They impact me, so I will talk of them.

And no shahzada is fat, go check again. They are fat-skinned and their bank balances are fat. They may not be fat coz of eating PORK as who eats his own brethren!!!!

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Tue May 01, 2007 5:45 pm

No shezada is FAT, you may have seen asghar ali's son.. in your mosque only at your dominated area (((all of them are FAT due to consuming PORK a lot))) [Big Grin]

Gulf, you mean to say that the PRO PIG was consumed
by Asgharali's son Please can you send you condolences to the PRO-PIG's family as you guys killed him. :D