Bohra Center Inaugurated in Eastern Province of Saudi Ar

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Hussain_KSA

Bohra Center Inaugurated in Eastern Province of Saudi Ar

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:45 am

The huge two storey bohra center constructed with the cost of approximately 2 million Saudi Riyals (22 Million Indian Rupees) was inaugurated yesterday 12th of April 2008 by son of Syedna Burhanuddin Mr. Qusai Vajeehuddin in Azizia locality. This is the first center in Saudi Arabia outside Makkah and Madina for Bohras. Due to system in Saudi Arabia it on the name of Yemeni Saudi Bohra.

Four new Mulla titles were sold on this occassaion. The total bohra community consisted of 350 person and out of that 25 peoples are Mulla.

Total cost of the construction was contributed by local bohras only. However, representative of Kothar came to inaugurate and distribute barkaat according to the weight of hefty salam envelops.

The function concluded at 12.45 am and number of bohra came from Riyadh city (444 Km) to attend the function.

Mabrook to Gulf, Propig, Profrog, True Momin, Abde Syedna and company.

Gulf

Re: Bohra Center Inaugurated in Eastern Province of Saudi Ar

Unread post by Gulf » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:54 am

Thank you Hussain I appreciate you for this post.

by the way do you know Mr. Idrees Malvasiwala (Shaikh) residing in dammam and origin from dahod (Gujarat) ?

Again thanks

Hussain_KSA

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:03 am

I am based in Jeddah/Makkah. I know some other peoples in Dammam. But I don't know him personally. However, If you need his contact details I can get it for you.

Gulf

Unread post by Gulf » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:50 am

I dont know exactly in which city of KSA he is residing but most probably in dammam.

Mr. Idrees Malvasiwala
Sr. Sales Engineer
Watan: Dahod (Gujarat)

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:14 am

Br. Hussain
Salaam
That is a welcome change from Saudi Authorities but is this designated as Mosque or just as Center where you can limit admission. Would this center be used as RABAT during Hajj and Umrah?
In any case Kuwaities Salafis can learn something from Saudis.
Might be Bush can now claim that Saudis do allow freedom of religion ;)

Hussain_KSA

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:13 pm

Brother Oma,

Eastern Province cities like Dammam, Jubail, Khobar,Qateef, Abquaiq and Hafarl Batin has considerable Shia Population. Specially Qateef and Syhat has 95% Shia population. Dammam has 3 Shia mosque and one can hear azaan every day. Bahrain is also adjoining to Dammam. These are the reason that a Lenient policy has been adopted in these region. Every Ashoora there is a complete mock or drama like events are arranged in Qateef like war, burning of tents etc. Qateef has a intresting history in Saudi Arbia. If you go through it you will come to know that qateef people has taken away Hajr - e Aswad from the Mecca and it was with them for many years and even they tried to buit a Kaba in that region to woo the pilgrims for hajj. It was in the period of Saleem or Taher Qarmati.

Hussain_KSA

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:15 pm

Originally posted by Gulf:
I dont know exactly in which city of KSA he is residing but most probably in dammam.

Mr. Idrees Malvasiwala
Sr. Sales Engineer
Brother Gulf

You are right. He is in Dammam and he was the main contributor in construction of Markaz. You can reach him on his mobile NO. 00966-503162063.

regards

Gulf

Unread post by Gulf » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:38 pm

Originally posted by Hussain_KSA:
Originally posted by Gulf:

Mr. Idrees Malvasiwala
Sr. Sales Engineer
Brother Gulf

You are right. He is in Dammam and he was the main contributor in construction of Markaz. You can reach him on his mobile NO. 00966-503162063.

regards
Many Thanks :)

Hussain_KSA

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:50 pm

Brother Oma,

Further to my post about the eastern city, Dammam, Qateef, Al Ahsa and stealing of black stone from kaba, it is said that Taher Qarmati personally lead the attack on Kaba and took the Stone with him.

In Qateef there is still some Archeological remains of the place where they buil the kaba and place the black stone.

It would be a news for most of the readers that the hajr e aswad was away from the kaba for more than 29 years.

Qarmati's history is dated back to Ismaili Nizari rulers whole empire was in bahrain, qatar and some part of UAE.

There is number of sites in Arabic language regarding the history of qarmati but for the english readers this link will be a sort of help

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qarmatians

Best regards