Dr. Zakir Naik says "Yazid may Allah be pleased wit

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Saifuddin

Dr. Zakir Naik says "Yazid may Allah be pleased wit

Unread post by Saifuddin » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:08 am

In one of th "Peace TV conference" that has been taking place in Mumbai , India over the last couple of weeks, Dr Zakir Naik refers to Yazid as "May Allah be pleased with him". He further goes on to say Karbala was a political war.

The spread of such misinformation should be a wake up call for us all - we should unite our resources, use them wisely to improve our media to spread the truth.

Hussain_KSA

Re: Dr. Zakir Naik says "Yazid may Allah be pleased wit

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:57 am

Brother Saif,

Salamalaikum,

Not only Dr. Zakir Naik but all the sunni preachers or shcolars take the war of Karbala as political or civil war. Only Shias and some sects have the other version. They even qoute hadiths to prove that Yazid will go to paradise.

Alislam

Unread post by Alislam » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:33 am

Zakir Naik is on Payroll of Sordid (Saudi) Arabia.
He always try to justify saudi in his speeches.

Many, so called scholars that appear on Peace TV or QTV are saudi alligned.

Zakir Naik, who calls himself an scholar, should go and read what Prophet of Islam have mentioned about Hussain (AS) and before calling Kerbala to be a political war and praise yezid, should atleast know that majority of sunnis even have utmost reverance for Hussain (AS) and every juma prayer in a sunni mosque, the immam takes the name of Hasan and Hussain in the qutba.

Zakir Naik's sister married a shia and he is known to be a hater of shias.

Zeal

Unread post by Zeal » Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:08 pm

There is no doubt his speech and words stands on strong pillars of research and data and important is he himself has found out all of it.

what you & I have is only the aamil's version of riwayat.

The kind of study he has done and the knowledge which comes out as a result on other topics of Islam makes a lot of sense to a lot of people around the globe(you can witness that on peace tv)

Moreover the people who tell us yazid was a cruel person and deserves only laanat and hell fire also tells us some of the most unacceptable things in the world like haqiqi kaaba , bolta quran etc

Think and decide for yourself.

Nobigotry

Unread post by Nobigotry » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:37 pm

I have never respected this medical doctor who took to Quranic studies as almost an afterthought. Anyone who has bothered to read my posts will have noted the contempt with which I have made references to his "scholarly" works. Anyone who is interested can find out how dismissive Hindu experts have been of Naik's "novel" and ingenious interpretations of the Ved and Puraan. And it is interesting that the entire board of the IRF which operates Peace TV has the surname Naik - they obviously have not heard of good corporate governance! I think it was the sardarji who said India needed more Nasbandhi and less Deobandi - how true.

Nobigotry

Unread post by Nobigotry » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:53 pm

The aficionados of Dr Naik like Zeal might want to read the comments on this page:

http://hawkeyeindia.wordpress.com/2006/ ... -or-is-it/

I don't think we need to add anymore to what has already been said - no wonder Muslims in India are in such a sorry state

tahir

Unread post by tahir » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:10 am

I have always wanted to get my hands on scholarly and objective commentaries on Islamic personalities like Ali, Yazeed, Hussain etc. Our reverence or otherwise for them depends on which sect we are born and brought up in. If I was born in Sri Lanka, I would be worshipping Ravan while in India he is a demon.

That said, Dr Zakir Naik is NOT the person I would listen to.

Alislam

Unread post by Alislam » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:16 am

Zeal,

It is not only the bohri version that yezid was cruel, the whole of shias and majority of sunnis also believe the same.

Read any of the important sunni books or hear their general lectures during the moharram or talk to aalims.

If yezid was right then hussain has to be wrong, as both cannot be right at the same time.

The miniscule people who praise yezid, even do not say that hussain was wrong.

They are quite aware of hussain's personality and various sayings of prophet regarding hussain.

Zeal

Unread post by Zeal » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:16 am

Aliislam, nobigotory,
You seem to have missed my point,
I am not advocating that yazid was not cruel or he didnt kill Hussain alai-his-salam.

I havent listened to this particular speech from Dr Zakir Naik (if you have please forward the link)where he says yazid is a good person etc,

What am I saying is if you listen to his other talks most of it are good and proves simple points to ignorant people.
He is a scholar of comparative religion and so invites other non-islamic scholars to have debates
which I have seen goes pretty well in favour of him.
what you are trying here is just catch one negative and put water on the all the rest positive talks.

Islam needs his kind of scholars today and not people like kothar sheikhs who does not even know what Islam stands for.
I think the link which you have forwarded has most of the non-believers comments.
Do you expect non-believers to speak good about a person delivering prophecies of Islam?

Are you one similar?

Alislam

Unread post by Alislam » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:49 am

Br.Zeal,

It is exactly my point.

How can a scholar of comparitive studies go so wrong on the important episode of Islam.

If he cannot understand the basic message of right and wrong then it is quite obvious that he is just interested in showing the good things of Islam, as a business.

Try and call him for giving a lecture and see how much he charges.

He was invited by one of the prof. in mumbai for a guest lecture and the amount he quoted to deliver the lecture was quite big.

Sajid Zafar

Unread post by Sajid Zafar » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:20 am

Saifuddin Bhai:

Dr. Zakir is not the first nor he will be last who has justified Yazid.

Mollana Mohammad Ali Johar confined the essence Kerbala in the following:

Katle Husain Asal May Merge Yazid Tha
Islam Zinda Hota Hey Her Kerbala Key Bad

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:47 am

To add: also from mohammed ali johar

shah ast hussain padshah ast hussain
deen ast hussain, deen panah ast hussain
sar dad na dad dar daste yazid
haqqa ke binai la ilah ast hussain

porus

Unread post by porus » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:56 am

Originally posted by accountability:
To add: also from mohammed ali johar

shah ast hussain padshah ast hussain
deen ast hussain, deen panah ast hussain
sar dad na dad dar daste yazid
haqqa ke binai la ilah ast hussain
Actually, the qitaa is from Moinuddin Chisti.

humble_servant_us

Unread post by humble_servant_us » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:13 am

I had heard most of his previous talks and I did like it.

When we hear Zakir naik saying allah(swt) be pleased with yazid makes us infer that yazid was a good man. Now this means whom he fought was Bad, because two goods do not fight. Ask yourself based on historical research is this a correct statement.

Now the point is Zakir naik is well known scholar and his talks are heard by a large number of people by both believers and non-believers, so its his high responsibility to be careful in his speech and one wrong statement could do lot of harm. Making a statement indirectly favouring Yazid is purely against the Quran and principle of Islam of not condemning injustice.

I. Husain(as) and yazid's fight was similitude to the fight of Musa(as) and Firaun and i am sure zakir naik would never talk good about Firaun.

Either Zakir Naik has made a mistake or he believes in what he said. Its difficult to believe he made a mistake looking at his previous oratory skills, so probably he believes Yazid as good. On this ground his any future speeches puts him in a microscopic examination.

Also to add I was reading a book by Maulana Abul kalam on I. Husain(as) and after reading the book it looked he was trying to protect Yazid. A serious thought should be given as what one gains in supporting yazid and running away from the leader of paradise.

Comparing Zakir naik with Kothar is comparing oranges to apples and has no significance.

Zeal

Unread post by Zeal » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:39 am

Kothar is neither oranges nor apples,

They are the people who are addicted to infer laanat on who ever goes against them or their policies.

People like Zakir naik are the ones who have conditioned themselves to say peace be on everyone they possibly can.

Its a matter of akhlaq a bit like maulana Ali and imam hussain, who used to forgive their enemies too and pray for them

humble_servant_us

Unread post by humble_servant_us » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:33 pm

Do you think a heinous crime of killing the prophet(pbuh)'s grandson be forgiven?

Does the killer deserve mercy?

I do not support Kothar's way of infering lanat on anyone, but surely for yazid I pray to Allah(Swt) to cut HIS(swt) mercy from him.

Well there is no doubt about the best of Imam Ali(as)'s akhlaq for forgiveness but Haven't you not read about his strictness in justice.

By the way why are you comparing zakir naik with Kothar. If ZN has made a mistake accept it, rather than justifying him with (mis)deeds of Kothar.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:19 pm

Do you think a heinous crime of killing the prophet(pbuh)'s grandson be forgiven?
Look brother, this crime happened some 1300+ years ago. Lot blood and ink has been spilled after that discussing and arguing about it. There is nothing you are I can do about Yazid.
There is nothing in Islam (Qur'an & Sunnah) which requres a Muslim to dwelve on this problem.

You are not going to be a bad Muslim if you do not remember Karballa everyday. You may gain some good guidence if you remember also.

Wasalaam

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:28 pm

I sent the following email to questions@irf.net

Hi,

I recently heard that in a lecture Dr. Naik referred to Yazid with the common suffix of - may Allah be pleased with him. I am not sure what Yazid has done for Allah to be pleased with him, but can you please clarify if that is indeed what Dr. Naik says when he refers to Yazid?

Thanks

www.irf.net is the official web site for Dr. Naik's organization. If you care, send him an email. If a lot of us do, he will clarify his position.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:46 pm

i have added my question as well.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:48 pm

post yr questions on the following link:

questions@irf.net

Sajid Zafar

Unread post by Sajid Zafar » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:57 pm

Two significant events took place during Yazid’s period. The first event was the “Event of Kerbala” and much has been said about it.

The second event was the “Event of Hirrah”. In order to gain control of Medina (second most revered city for all Muslims after Mecca) and over throw self declared Khalifa Abdullah Bin Zubair and his supports [Abdullah Bin Zubair was the grandson of Hazrat Abu-Bakr, son of Abdur Rehman Bin Auf and Bibi Asma (daughter of Hazard Abu-Bakr)]. Yazid’s Christian Army (Syria were under Byzantine Empire and had deep rooted Christian heritage before coming under Muslim enclave and was the power base of Mawiah) attacked Medina with vengeance and brutally killed and suppressed supporters of Abdullah Bin Zubair. According to historians, more than one thousand Muslim women of Medina got pregnant after rape by Yazid’s Christian Army.

Now how come people like Dr. Naik can say that May Allah be pleased with Yazid. It shows his ignorance and somewhat prejudice (with the prophet’s family) if he says so.

For MF

Yes. Absolutely it is important to remember “Events of Kerbala” as it teaches us right from wrong and conveys the message of Islam. It is important to convey this message to our children and future generations. Though this doesn’t mean chest beating and usual rhetoric’s by Syedna and by many Shia Zakereens.

porus

Unread post by porus » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:16 pm

Zakir Naik, the Wahhabi/Deobandi scumbag, clearly says "Yazid, Radiallhu anhu" in the audio from the Mumbai Peace Conference. This is available here:

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php ... t&id=28549

The entire series of videos from the conference is also available on Youtube.

Alislam

Unread post by Alislam » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:52 pm

Br.MF

There is nothing in Islam (Qur'an & Sunnah) which requres a Muslim to dwelve on this problem.

The basis of Quran and sunnah is to show the right path.

If we do not understand the difference between right and wrong, then we have not understood the essence of Quran and sunnah.

Hushing away the event by saying, it happened centuries ago and we cannot do anything about it now is not a right approach, i think.

There will always be a clash between right and wrong and there will be a hussain (SA) and yezid in every age.

Pl. remember that saying durood on Muhammad (SA) and his Ahl is compulsory for a muslim and hussain (SA) is an integral part of his Ahl.

Alislam

Unread post by Alislam » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:53 pm

Br.MF

The basis of Quran and sunnah is to show the right path.

If we do not understand the difference between right and wrong, then we have not understood the essence of Quran and sunnah.

Hushing away the event by saying, it happened centuries ago and we cannot do anything about it now is not a right approach, i think.

There will always be a clash between right and wrong and there will be a hussain (SA) and yezid in every age.

Pl. remember that saying durood on Muhammad (SA) and his Ahl is compulsory for a muslim and hussain (SA) is an integral part of his Ahl.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:54 pm

Yes. Absolutely it is important to remember “Events of Kerbala” as it teaches us right from wrong and conveys the message of Islam. It is important to convey this message to our children and future generations. Though this doesn’t mean chest beating and usual rhetoric’s by Syedna and by many Shia Zakereens.
There are many historical lessons including events of Karbala for us to remember and learn from it but to be wrapped up in it and shed tears every day come on now?

[QUOTET]here will always be a clash between right and wrong and there will be a hussain (SA) and yezid in every age.
[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.
Agreed.

BTW I was taught that Prophets are (SA). Prophet Muhammad (SAWA) and Sahabas and other pious people are (RA). And this is norm in Sunni world.

It also indicate that Shias have elevated 4 of panjetan Paak to prophethood. And this is really the deffernce between majority and minority in Islam. N. Ismailis have made them God.

Wasalaam

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:24 am

porous

my apologiis.

humble_servant_us

Unread post by humble_servant_us » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:52 am

BTW I was taught that Prophets are (SA). Prophet Muhammad (SAWA) and Sahabas and other pious people are (RA). And this is norm in Sunni world.
It this theory is agreed , then also Al-husain(as) is included as surely he was a pious person.
It also indicate that Shias have elevated 4 of panjetan Paak to prophethood. And this is really the deffernce between majority and minority in Islam. N. Ismailis have made them God.
No shias believe panjetan pak(as) as prophet. This is a open lie attributed to shias. They are their Imams(leaders) after the prophet(pbuh). Please study shia islam to understand their beliefs, do not go by heresay.
ook brother, this crime happened some 1300+ years ago. Lot blood and ink has been spilled after that discussing and arguing about it.
Quran has lot of stories of various prophets(pbut) and their rivals (Musa(as) and Firaun, Ibrahim(as) and Namrood etc). Why so old stories are their in Quran. What is their significance. What will we gain from them. Well they are warnings and examples to mankind for guidance. On that same lines Karbala is an event which clearly distinguishes right and wrong.

The History of this great event is a school for the seekers of the truth. We can learn a great deal from the supreme sacrifice and the courage of Imam Husain(a.s). We are still living under similar conditions now as before.Corruption is still prevalent in our world, and tyrants, like Yazeed, are no rarity in Muslims and non-Muslim countries, but we don't have men like Imam
Husain(a.s). Yazid who represents greed, hypocrisy, jealosy, injustice, lust,power and all the evil vices still exists and what we need is to fight against this yazidiat.

Kerbala is not an act confined to a place or time. Its meanings are inexhaustible. When we see the impact of Karbala on the minds of men , how it
has inspired them, then we see from age to age , its meaning has been in accordance with the needs of the age . Imam Jaffer Sadiq(a.s ) said "Everyday is Ashura and Every place is Karbala"

Alislam

Unread post by Alislam » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:00 am

Br. Humble_Servant_us.

Nice reply to MF.
People like him are well aware of what shias believe, but they are just interested in creating fitnat by attributing lies.

When they have no justification, they throw the usual rheoteric.

MF, if you read your own authentic books, you'll find what prophet had said about hussain and also about some of his sahabas.

Not all sahabas were good and shias only object to calling all sahabas as RA.

Talha zubair, Muawiya and even yezid got the "RA" due to people of your understanding.

Hozefa

Unread post by Hozefa » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:56 am

Friends,
Herewith I have attached audio link of this coward Zakir (may Allah Subhanu be displeased upon him and send him to the fire of JAHANNAM.. Aameen)

Audio File