Famous HUSSEIN ARTIST is he Bohra

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
WiseBohra

Famous HUSSEIN ARTIST is he Bohra

Unread post by WiseBohra » Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:50 pm

dear brother and sister
To you all Holy month of ramazan mubarak and to kothari wish you holy ramazan mubarak.
can anyone put insight into the world renowed artist Hussein is he Dawoodi Bohra or aliyah bohra.can anyone know his life history and is he neutral or he is closet progressive or kothari don't want to know hussin the artist.
his art work is very popular in west if he is dawoodi bohra wouldn't be nice through his painting he can express the atrocities committed by Kothar by full blessing of mr Mohammed burhannuddin and his cronies.
why kothar is very scared of bohras who are scientist painter writer and other intelectual personality.
why kothar gives NKD and other title to thugs and cronies and rich Bohras while poor no class third class citizen.
i think Mr mohammed burhanuddin and kothar is alien invader from outer space in disguise in SAYA and first they have already taken mind control of Bohra community slowly they are influencing world leaders some one should tell NASA!!!

wasalaam

kapisch

Re: Famous HUSSEIN ARTIST is he Bohra

Unread post by kapisch » Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:12 pm

Maqbool Fida Hussein is neither Dawoodi nor Aliya Bohra. He is a Sulaymani Bohra. The Dai of the Sulaymani Bohras resides in the Najran province in Saudi Arabia (Najran was previously part of Yemen). The majority of Sulaymanis (they are called Ismailis in Arabia) are Arabs of the Banu Yam tribe and number about 1 million. About 100,000 of the Sulaymanis are of Indian origin and reside mainly in India. They speak Urdu and have discarded most of the rituals that are perpetuated by the Dawoodi and other Bohra sects. Most Bohra famous personalities in India are Sulaymani Bohras like Badruddin Tyebji, Asaf A.A. Fyzee, Chief Justice Ahmadi, M.F. Hussein, etc.

mbohra

Unread post by mbohra » Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:02 pm

There are quite a number of very prosperous and Orthodox Sulaimani Bohras living in South Africa (one of the notables being the Late Ahmed Deedat -a self taught missionary, an orator/debator and an author of many Islamic books. Apparently they call us, the Dawoodi Bohras, "Rafdhi Bohras" - I presume the same expletive which was used for us from the days of the tyrant Mogul Emperor Aurangzeb and Abdul G(Qavi! who martyred Syedna Qutbuddin Shaheed Saheb. I guess the Sulaimani Bohras were Shias at one time but then they broke away again and now professe the Sunni doctrine.

Can anyone translate the word "rafdhi". I conjecture it probably means the ones who have strayed away from the faith!!

mbohra

Unread post by mbohra » Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:06 pm

And may I add, these South African Sulaimani Bohras speak Gujrati, much akin to the way we the Dawoodi Bohras speak Gujrati (not so-called Lisane Dawat), somewhat like how the Parsee speak Gujrati.

Alislam

Unread post by Alislam » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:29 am

Justice A.M. Ahmadi is a dawoodi bohra and not Sulaimani.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:51 am

BRothers

AS

Late comedian Johnny Walker, was he a Dawoodi Bohra?

Zia

Unread post by Zia » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:18 am

I am not sure but johnny walker was suppose to be a Aliyah bohra.Justice Ahmadi is a dawoodi bohra for sure.Reg. sulemanibohras,they follow shia doctrine but they don't beleive in matam.

Sajid Zafar

Unread post by Sajid Zafar » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:09 pm

Some notable Dawoodi Bohrahs in Pakistan include Justice Fakhruddin G. Ibrahim (ex-governor sindh and member of sindh high court) and Zakir Husain (ex-goverer, west pakistan during Gen. Ayub's tennure).

Renounced artist Faizi Rahim and Begum Attiyah Faizi were Sulamani Bohras. Small number of Sulaimani Bohras still live in Pakistan.