Dai in Quran

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
porus

Dai in Quran

Unread post by porus » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:58 pm

<p dir="rtl"><span dir="ltr">
<font face="VERDANA,ARIAL, HELVETICA" color="#000000" size="5">طس
تِلْكَ آيَاتُ الْقُرْآنِ وَكِتَابٍ مُّبِين</font></span><font face="VERDANA,ARIAL, HELVETICA" color="#000000" size="2"><span dir="ltr">ٍ</span>
</font></p>
<p dir="ltr"><font face="VERDANA,ARIAL, HELVETICA">This is the first ayat of
Sura An-Naml (Surat 27).</font></p>
<p dir="ltr"><font face="VERDANA,ARIAL, HELVETICA">Ta, Seen. Those (Ta Seen) are
the signs of the Quran and (of) the clear book.</font></p>
<p dir="ltr"><font face="VERDANA,ARIAL, HELVETICA">Ta, Seen refers to Sayedna
Tahir Saifuddin, Ta for Tahir, and Seen for Saifuddin.</font></p>
<p dir="ltr"><font face="VERDANA,ARIAL, HELVETICA">Also,  Sayedna Tahir
Saifuddin was born on 27 Zilqad 1305 (Hijri). The day of his birth is the same
as the number of the sura.</font></p>
<p dir="ltr"><font face="VERDANA,ARIAL, HELVETICA">Also, Sayedna Taher Saifuddin
died on 19 Rajab 1385 (Hijri). The day of his death is also the number of Juz' (Sipara)
in which Sura An-Naml appears.</font></p>
<p dir="ltr"><font face="VERDANA,ARIAL, HELVETICA">So many isharaat in the Quran
for our beloved Dai! Those who have no faith will merely call this coincidence.
They will abide in the fire, eternal.</font></p>
<p dir="ltr"> </p>
<p dir="ltr"><font face="VERDANA,ARIAL, HELVETICA"> </font></p>
<p dir="ltr"> </p>
<p dir="ltr"> </p>

anajmi

Re: Dai in Quran

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:23 pm

porus,

I was almost convinced of your interpretation but then I started thinking. Ta Seen cannot be Syedna Tahir Saifuddin. It would have to Seen Ta Seen. But since it is only Ta Seen it represents only Tahir Saifuddin, it tells me that Syedna is not the correct title for Tahir Saifuddin.

I think the correct title for him should be TaSeen. All bohras should refer to him as TaSeen Tahir Saifuddin.

Or, Tahir Saifuddin the Ant, or TaSeen Tahir Saifuddin the leader of the Ants.

porus

Unread post by porus » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:46 pm

anajmi,

You think I am being funny, don't you? Not a bit. Here is another mention of our beloved Dai in the Quran.
<style>
< !--
div.arabic
{ font-family:"traditional arabic","Arabic Transparent","simplified arabic";
font-weight:normal;
font-size: 24pt;direction: rtl; unicode-bidi: normal; }
-->
</style>

<p><font face="VERDANA,ARIAL, HELVETICA" color="#000000" size="5">يَا أَيُّهَاالنَّاسُ قَدْ جَاءكُم بُرْهَانٌ مِّن رَّبِّكُمْ وَأَنزَلْنَا إِلَيْكُمْ نُورًامُّبِينًا</font></p>
<p><font face="VERDANA,ARIAL, HELVETICA">The 174th ayat of Sura An-Nisaa (4) states:</font></p>
<p><font face="VERDANA,ARIAL, HELVETICA">"O Mankind. Burhan has come to you from your Lord, for we have sent down to you a clear light."</font></p>
<p><font face="VERDANA,ARIAL, HELVETICA">Here, Quran explicitly names our current Dai and calls him 'clear light', that is the guiding light towards our deen. Further proof that the ayat refers to Sayedna is that the month in which he was born, Rabi 2, is the 4th month of the year and An-Nisaa is the 4th Sura in the Quran. Coincidence? No, no!</font></p>

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:56 pm

porus,

I think you have finally convinced me. Infact if you subtract 122 from 174 (which is the number of the ayah that you refer to) we get 52 which is the number of this current Dai. I am still trying to figure out where I got the 122 from, but I assure you, it is no coincidence.

And the reason why the current Burhan is mentioned in Surah An-Nisaa is the devoted bohra women who like to kiss the Burhan's thigh.

porus

Unread post by porus » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:08 pm

anajmi,

You are catching on fast. To continue your education, here is another Quranic reference to the Dai.

<p><font face="VERDANA,ARIAL, HELVETICA" color="#000000" size="5">يَا قَوْمَنَاأَجِيبُوا دَاعِيَ اللَّهِ وَآمِنُوا بِهِ يَغْفِرْ لَكُم مِّن ذُنُوبِكُمْ
وَيُجِرْكُم مِّنْ عَذَابٍ أَلِيم</font></p>

The Dai of Allah is mentioned in ayat 46:3, which, in translation states:

"O our people, respond to Dai of Allah, and believe in him. He will forgive you your sins, and deliver you from a painful punishment."

Here Quran commands us to believe in the Dai, who will forgive us our sins and protect us from nasty punishments that await the unbelievers in hell.

Ignorant people will interpret "He" in the second sentence as referring to Allah. But is clear to the wise that "He' refers to the Dai, who is the Dai of Allah. So it is right that we call on the Dai to forgive our sins. It is he who will come to our graves at the time of our death to lead us to the kingdom of heaven

porus

Unread post by porus » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:11 pm

That is ayat 46:31. Sorry.

porus

Unread post by porus » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:21 pm

<p>And what about 46:32?</p>
<font face="VERDANA,ARIAL, HELVETICA" color="#000000" size="2">
<div class="arabic">
<font size="5">وَمَن لَّا يُجِبْ دَاعِيَ اللَّهِ فَلَيْسَ بِمُعْجِزٍ فِيالْأَرْضِ وَلَيْسَ لَهُ مِن دُونِهِ أَولِيَاء أُوْلَئِكَ فِي ضَلَالٍ مُّبِينٍ</font>
</div>
</font>
<p>And whoever does not respond to the Dai of Allah, he will not have sanctity
on earth, nor will he have protectors beside him (the Dai). They are clearly in
error.</p>

</body>

</html>

porus

Unread post by porus » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:41 pm

That should read:

And whoever does not respond to the Dai of Allah, he will not have sanctuary on earth, nor will he have protectors beside him (the Dai). They are clearly in error.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:24 pm

Dai and Burhan... Burhan and Dai... Dai Burhan!!! O my God!! I have been in grave error. Thank you porus, for opening my eyes. Pig, Frog, Gulf, please, I need your help. Let me know where the Dai thigh is on display next and when, I need to smooch it. I don't care if I have to sell myself for the thigh, but I will get it.

Average Bohra

Unread post by Average Bohra » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:11 am

Not so quick Anajmi, I still question the possibly misplaced parenthesis in Porus’ translation .

Porus,

“nor will he have protectors beside him (the Dai)” is distinct from “nor will he have protectors beside him, the Dai”. Either Dai will not have protectors or the rest of us wont. However, just in case it is the latter I am picking out colors of the Shaikh topi and checking prices for the privilege. Hopefully, they are offering them in colors beside red and green. I personally look better in Taupe even if it costs more.

Shahu

Unread post by Shahu » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:42 am

The reason of Muslims downfall is depicted in Quran as follows:

"And the Messenger will say: O my Lord! These are my people, the ones who have disabled and made this Qur'an of no account." [(25:30). MAHJUR = They immobilized it like villagers who bind a cow by tying her front foot to her horn]

This ill treatment of the Divine Message and filling the consequent void with conjecture is THE cause of their downfall, and that of the Muslims in general, on a Global scale.

Any nation that stays with or implements this Divine Writ in letter and spirit can make the world a paradise on earth. The early Islamic history is a great testimonial to this claim but we will explore this point a little further.

Here is meaning of those verses keeping big picture of Allah's book. You can not just choose and pick ayat out of context. This is what every sect is doing to justify their cause. This is what making Quran a MAHJUR. I have included ayats before and after to understand what sura is about and what quran is talking about. This book is for all human and not just for one sect.

27:1 T.S. Toor-e-Sina, Mount Sinai. (The initiation of Revelation to Moses, and now), These are Messages of the Qur'an, the Book clear in itself and clearly showing the Truth.

27:9 "O Moses! It is I, Allah, the Almighty, the Wise."

Sura Nisaa talks about women. The Qur'an is the foremost guardian of women's rights.

4:173 Allah will give rewards and add of His Bounty on those who attain belief and contribute to the society. On the other hand, His Law of Requital will dispense an awful doom to those who were scornful and proud. And they will find no one besides Allah, to protect or help them.

4:174 O Humankind! There has come to you a Convincing Proof from your Lord, and We have sent unto you a profound Beacon of Light.

4:175 Allah will admit into His Grace those who believe in Him and hold fast to His Commands, and facilitate for them the Straight Road to Him.

Who is Dai? The Messenger of Allah’s Divine Law. The Divine Law of Requital is unchangeable, unavoidable and completely impartial for all individuals and all nations. Read Ayat 46:9

Dai is not one who says do serve me. Instead he shows way how to serve Allah, and in return he does not ask for reward. Since reward is from Allah alone.

Requital in fact stands for Just Recompense ('JAZA'), and not for chastisement. Simply put, the Law of Requital is, "As you sow, so shall you reap." Our actions carry along with them their built-in logical consequences. Hence, as the Qur'an frequently reminds, we begin to make our hell or paradise with our own hands right in this world.

46:7 But when Our Clear Messages are conveyed to them, the rejecters say of the Truth as soon as it reaches them, “This is obviously a magical lie.” (‘Sihr’ = Magic = Lie = Delusion = Spellbinding eloquence = Amazing = Incredible = Surprising).

46:9 Say, "I am not the first of the Messengers, and I cannot predict what will encounter me and encounter you. I do but follow what is revealed unto me, and I am but a plain Warner."

46:30 They said, “O Our people! Behold, We have heard a Scripture that has been revealed after Moses, confirming the Divine Origin of what came before it. It guides to the Truth and to a Straight Road."

46:31 "O Our people! Respond to the one who invites to Allah and believe in Him. He will absolve your fault of trailing behind and guard you against an awful suffering.”

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:17 am

Who is Dai? The Messenger of Allah’s Divine Law. The Divine Law of Requital is unchangeable, unavoidable and completely impartial for all individuals and all nations. Read Ayat 46:9

Dai is not one who says do serve me. Instead he shows way how to serve Allah, and in return he does not ask for reward. Since reward is from Allah alone.
Agreed, so that means that the current Dai is not the real Dai cause he asks for money for pretty much every religious activities that you can think of, and if one cannot pay, one is either unable to perform desired activity or one is punished in lieu of the payment.

Besides, since you seem to know about the quran, it should be easy for you to figure out that the Dai referred to in porus' posts is the prophet Muhammed (saw) and not your current corrupt 52nd Dai Burhanuddin.

Gulf

Unread post by Gulf » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:23 am

All of true bohras,
Do NoT argue with these idiots FIRST they will drag us into their level and then beat us with their stupid experience whatever they have taught from their MOLA AsgharBHai (cbuh).

tahir

Unread post by tahir » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:57 am

Originally posted by porus:

And whoever does not respond to the Dai of Allah, he will not have sanctuary on earth, nor will he have protectors beside him (the Dai). They are clearly in error.
I finally got this elusive Taweel. The Antelopes, Elephants and Wild Buffaloes of Africa do not respond to the dai firing at them from a distance. They simply die. That is why they don't get a sanctuary on earth inspite of living in demarcated wild life sanctuaries.

like_minded

Unread post by like_minded » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:29 am

ha ha ha ha!!!!! good one!!

JC

Unread post by JC » Tue May 01, 2007 1:59 pm

good one Tahir.

This Dai is joker, sham!!! All Muslims are idiots that do not see Dai in Quarn.

But Orthodogs how come Dai is in Quran if he himself is Bolta Quran?? If he is the Haqeeqi Kabba why to worry about anything??!!

Bohras are an example of herd with a sheppard. They need a Master. Like sheep, Master is God. I pity these bohras.

JC

Unread post by JC » Tue May 01, 2007 1:59 pm

good one Tahir.

This Dai is joker, sham!!! All Muslims are idiots that do not see Dai in Quarn.

But Orthodogs how come Dai is in Quran if he himself is Bolta Quran?? If he is the Haqeeqi Kabba why to worry about anything??!!

Bohras are an example of herd with a sheppard. They need a Master. Like sheep, Master is God. I pity these bohras.

humane

Unread post by humane » Tue May 01, 2007 5:51 pm

Here are questions for PORUS.
1. Define the term DAEE. Who gave that definition? Was it given by Quran, Rasul, Ali?

2. TOI and SEEN for Syedna Taher Saifuddin which you mention may be for any other name such as Taha Sirajuddin with the astronomical similarities of the coincidenses which you mention as there are hundreds of Islamic DAEES on the earth with these resemblances. Have you tried to find it out?

3. Why the name Burhan can't be for Burhanuddin Rabbani, one the Afghan presidents known for his modrerate view of Islam?

4. Why only two DAEES have been mentioned and not the DAEES like Syedna Zoeb, Syedna Hatim, Syedna Idris whose literary contributions are far greater than any others' contributions.

5. Why no mention of Syedna Kutbuddin Shaheed, for he was a shaheed?

6. Astronomy and mathematics in finding the truth, to my knowledge, started after the influence of the Greek philosophy during Banu Abbas' period. As Sura Falak clearly condemns those involved in witchcrafts and secret arts to justify their claims. As astronomy and mathematics,to find religious truth specially in Islam, which is clearly a monothiestic religion, is not less than witchcrafts and secret arts.

7. Why DAEE AL LAH for Syedna? DAEE AL LAH is only prophet. And DAEE AL LAH of AZZAMAAN can only be IMAM of AZZAMAAN and not others. All 52 DAEES were or are his or their representatives.

porus

Unread post by porus » Tue May 01, 2007 7:02 pm

humane,

This is getting a bit silly, isnt'it? Next, you will ask where are the names of all the 124,00 prophets in the Quran. And you will say why the name Muhammad in the Quran cannot refer to the current Dai rather than Rasulullah himself?

You must understand that only the most important dais are mentioned in the Quran. And as we all know, the current Dai and his father are the most important Dais ever.

In the old days, during the time of prophets, the latter were called the Dais and appointed by God. Now, God has retired and the appointment of the Dais is in the hands of the infallible Dais themselves. They are no ordinary human beings. They are endowed with divine powers of isma.

(By the way Dai is the one issues Daawat, an invitation. Dai of Allah is the one who invites you the deen of Allah. The current Dai is Sayedna Muhammad Burhanuddin, and only him.)

Actually, all the Dais and all the Prophets are mentioned in the Quran. They will be revealed only to Bohras as the time becomes ripe.

I did not just dream up the connection of those ayats with the Dais. I have personally heard them mentioned by Amils in their bayaans. Which means, they have the sanction of the highest levels in Daawat.

You can't use astronomy and math to seek truth? That is news to me. You totally negate the entire Fatimid philosophy by saying that. You will need to prove that they are the same as witchcraft. By the way, astrology and numerolgy are valid in Bohraism. Remember, Quran swaers by the stars too.

As far as Qutbuddin Shaeed is concerned, his martyrdom was prophecied by Rasulullah himself. You can read all about it here:

https://ssl29.securedata.net/chicagojam ... asp?CID=10

If the above link doesn't work, this is what it says:

"Syedna Qutbuddin Shaheed (R.A.)
*Syedna Qutbuddin Shaheed (R.A). is the 32nd Dai-ul-Mutlaq *Wilaadat was 30th Zilqad, 985H/ 1578 AD. *Shahaadat was 27th Jamadil Ukhra, 1056H/ 1646 AD. *Reign lasted 1 year, 8 months, 18 days *Rasulillah (S.A.) prophesied the martyrdom of Syedna Qutbuddin Shaheed (R.A.). When he was still an infant, his father, Syedna Dawood bin Qutubshah (R.A.) also prophesied his shahaadat. *In Ahmedabhad in 1056 Hijri, sacrifices were made and persecution endured in order to shield the faith. Rather than submit to dushman such as Aurangzeb, Qasim Aandhlo and Abdul Ghavii (l.a.), Syedna Qutbuddin Shaheed (R.A.) declared that he followed the tenets of Islam. As a result, he was martyred. *Dushman claimed that Syedna Qutbuddin was executed under the charge of being a “raafzi”, or one who has deviated from the path of Islam. Syedna Qutbuddin refuted this claim by saying that he was far from being a raafzi. In fact, he was the essence of the Sunnah and he would choose martyrdom over admittance to such a charge. "

;)

humane

Unread post by humane » Tue May 01, 2007 9:05 pm

Alavis say : Shaheed e azam , Daee al almutlaq, Syedna Ali Shamusuddin was the martyr for whom the prophet had prophesied. Remember he was killed by Dawoodi Bohras at the instigation of the then our Daee.

Now my question: Was Syedna Kutbuddin prophesied or Syedhum Ali Shamsuddin prophesied? They also say that when time is ripe all their Daees names will be shown to the people in the quran.

We also say the same. They also say the same.

Hence, we have three options: Either both of us are wrong or we are wrong and they are correct or they are wrong and we are correct.

Therefore we both are fooling our masses or either of us is fooling its own masses.

Now who is to be trusted?

Second point:

Mufaddal Bhaisaheb's son's name is Taha Saifuddin. Who knows tomorrow he comes to Daeeship? At that time people of his period will say his (Tahabhaisaheb's) name TOI and SEEN is mentioned in QURAN and not of Syedna Taher Saifuddin's.

So see there are many interpretations and hence you can't hang on one.

porus

Unread post by porus » Tue May 01, 2007 9:13 pm

Only we, the dawoodi bohras are correct. Others can go hang!

Ta Seen refers to Sayedna Tahhir Saifuddin as of now. When the time comes to change it to mean Taha Saifuddin, the Dai will let us know. Have faith, man!

Humsafar

Unread post by Humsafar » Wed May 02, 2007 12:44 pm

Porus,

When you started this topic with a provocative title I knew you were up to no good. I was waiting to see if any of the orthos would take a shine to it - but none did, as expected. None of them has the calibre or the knowledge to look beyond the Dai. The Quran is not a part of their "islamic" consciousness.

All in all, it was a good bait but it failed to catch the salmon. All you got was the regular tuna.

humane

Unread post by humane » Wed May 02, 2007 6:29 pm

PORUS,

Isn't it possible that when Syedna Tahir Saifuddin was born, the father Syedna must have looked at the juz of Quran and named him Tahir and given him the laqab of Saifuddin to suit the situation in Quran.

The same applies for Syedna Burhanuddin, his father Syedna must have done that and gave him laqab Burhanuddin.

The history is full of evidences that whenever numerology,astronomy,astrology got crept in the basics of religion that spoiled the real spirit of the religion and people left the real path and got superstitious. The same is happening in the Bohras. Though I believe this is a natural process and one can't stop it yet what is very shocking that the very people who claim to be torchbearers of the religion throw religion in such a nefarious trap. I mean why Fatimi Imams allowed those things to get into Islam.

Was the aim to divert from the very essence of Islam to justify life of QASAR(palace)?

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Wed May 02, 2007 6:35 pm

why Fatimi Imams allowed those things to get into Islam.
Bacause they were bunch of devients.

porus

Unread post by porus » Wed May 02, 2007 9:13 pm

humane,

Please, please. I wrote all that in a 'tongue-in-cheek' manner. As Humsafar correctly pointed out, it was an unsuccessful bait for the Dai-worshippers. Consider it a jest.

I do not think that it was the Fatemi Imams who introduced astrology and numerology in religion. You will not find any reference to it in their authentic books. Astrology and Numerolgy are superstitions that have been around for a long time nd they predate Islam.

However, astronomy and math has been used very constructively in the philosophy of the Fatimid period. Later Fatimids were patrons of philosophy and art. They did not author all the books themselves as, I am sure, you are well aware of it.

By the way, Islam is full of superstitions, like God, Angels, Jinns and the Last Day. If you are not superstitious, you cannot be a Muslim.

Muslim First,

Like Gulf and pro-pig, you have descended to the level of the gutter. You are now nothing but a heckler, as Humsafar described these guys.

I would also ask Tahir and JC to refrain from bad-mouthing the Dai. It is so so juvenile.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu May 03, 2007 10:57 am

Br. Purus

Sorry, truth hurts.

Wasalaam

porus

Unread post by porus » Thu May 03, 2007 11:29 am

Muslim First,

What is truth?

Your idiocy seems to have broken bounds. Keep it in check.

You allege that Bohras believe that Muhammad was an accidental Prophet; that they believe Jibrail erred in delivering message to Muhammad rather thah Ali!

Now you imply that the Fatimid Imams introduced astrology and numerology into Islam!

How low can you get?

Truth does not hurt anybody. You have no truth. Your Islam is a delusion composed of empty rituals and efforts to create fitnat so that two sets of delusions, the Shia and the Sunni versions of Islam, cannot co-exist.

It is your false allegations, and then hiding when called upon to produce evidence, that hurts YOU, not anybody else.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu May 03, 2007 7:43 pm

Now you imply that the Fatimid Imams introduced astrology and numerology into Islam!
Show me where I said that.

porus

Unread post by porus » Thu May 03, 2007 8:31 pm

Originally posted by Muslim First:
Show me where I said that.
In your response to humane when you said that Fatimid Imams allowed these things because they were deviants.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Fri May 04, 2007 12:35 pm

If they were not deviant then Bohras and Khojas would not be worshipping Imams, dead people, Panjtan Paak etc. etc.

They deviated from teachings of Rasul Allah and sawed the seed of worship of others beside Allah SWT.

Wasalaam