Progressive thinkers in hiding ...n why!!!!!

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
makberi

Progressive thinkers in hiding ...n why!!!!!

Unread post by makberi » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:52 am

There are many of us who feel our community needs to change for good...but have to keep their opinions to themselves...n live as hypocrites...due to many reasons....my reason being my parents....i love n respect my parents the most in this world...they have been with me thru thick n thin.....being frm a conservative family, my parents hope that i shall continue in those lines....so to keep them happy...i have to keep my views to myself....another others like me out here.....

Gulf

Re: Progressive thinkers in hiding ...n why!!!!!

Unread post by Gulf » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:29 am

Your parents is your truth. hence,
you have to follow the truth.

makberi

Unread post by makberi » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:33 am

If the Prophet Muhammad wud have followed his parents we wudnt have had Islam

like_minded

Unread post by like_minded » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:04 am

Bro makberi,

There are many who face the same problem, In my case, I am suffering silently at home, I am forced to do things which doesnt suit my nature. The more they push me, the more I dislike being part of this community.

The grip of tyrant is so hard on this community that it will surely take sometime before the shackles are broken. But considering the present scenario, where fairy tales and lies are the order of the day, Liberation seems a far fetched dream.

makberi

Unread post by makberi » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:11 am

Yeah to be honest with u i dont really care wat others in the community do...i mean i wudnt care if others are spending their time n money behind the syedna.....but its just that all this crap is forced on u....if u dont follow u r looked as if ur a criminal or cheat....while ur only fault is to that u dare to question n think differently!!!!!

like_minded

Unread post by like_minded » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:22 am

I agree with you. Kothar does not want people who think differently, because otherwise their business would be affected.

The hype about all events is to attract maximum crowd and take them for a trip, People who fall for it, will become more rigid and uncompromising and because greed and fear which is already present makes them narrow-minded and selfish.

makberi

Unread post by makberi » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:04 am

The ppl r in the false impression that living a righteous life means doin wat the syedna sys....i.e. keeping a beard, goin to all majlises n darees, making contributions as due, following everythin the syedna says...u do all this n ur a righteous person....ur goin to heaven......ur winners in both deen n duniya.....but wat abt helping the poor, not telling lies, honesty, pursuing knowledge, hard work etc...all these things r not imp....thus by making things as simple as 1,2 and 3...the syedna promises a short cut to heaven....

like_minded

Unread post by like_minded » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:41 am

You are right, good virtues are never given importance, because they dont want people to be rigteous in the true sense.,If one is righteous then all the drama about Deen will vanish thus again putting their business at risk.

They want people to be dishonest, greedy, exploitative, selfish, no compassion for poor, narrow-minded and ignorant because with all these negatives, people cannot escape their own conscience and to find solutions they go to these thugs who inturn exploit them and amass wealth.

JC

Unread post by JC » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:33 pm

I fully agree with Bros makberi and like-minded.

Yes, we are doing things which we hate, but for one reason or other, we have to do that.

Bohraism is a sham, a cult and burhan and kotharis are thieves and thugs - BUT, the bohra sheep is enjoying this slavery, so nobody can get them freedom, they will have to do this for themselves!!

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:33 pm

i wouldnt say that they are enjoying their slavery...but what they do enjoy is their comfort zone which revolves around the masjid/markaz. the regular meeting of fellow bohras, exchanging gossip and lighthearted banter, the delicious jamans followed by the trip for chai or coffee with friends, catching up on the happenings and juicy gossip...

this is very comforting for most bohras esp. in foreign countries, where meeting people from yr community, culture and common thoughts, lends a charm of its own. this is precisely what our crafty kothar exploits and the implied threat of expelling you from this comfort zone, is so terifying to the ordinary folk.

for those educated enough or adaptable enough to be able to mix with other communities, it really doesnt matter whether they attend each and every majlis, jaman or such crap. they make their token face showing from time to time and are happier not be part of this mindless mob.

aftabm

Unread post by aftabm » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:07 am

I fully agree with you Makberi and AlZulfiqar that there are lot of reformists in closet. Thier reasons are justified enough, social stigma attached makes it very difficult for them to come out in open.

But would it not worth coming out for the benefit of whole society?? I guess, things are now not as bad as they were previously. Kotharis cant outrightly throw you out of the fold. I agree that there would be repercussions and in some cases, it might turn bit uglier. But at the same time, it will also build pressure on clergy.

your thoughts awaited.....

like_minded

Unread post by like_minded » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:35 am

Amerge

I agree with you, Its high time to unite and fight to throw out the opressors.

There has to be a movement which is strong and not afraid of the consequenses, Closed door opposition is not going to help the community on the whole.

I guess we are treated as barking dogs, who just bark, we have to show the hierarchy that we can bite too.

truebohra

Unread post by truebohra » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:14 am

ok, u want to know the answer of the topic head.
its like this bcoz ur COWARDS. and plz also remenmber BARKING DOGS NEVER BITE.

like_minded

Unread post by like_minded » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:20 am

Originally posted by truebohra:
Atleast we bark, think of your position, they throw bones at you, you happily accept it and wag your tail!!

truebohra

Unread post by truebohra » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:24 am

At least u have accepted ur are Dogs and are Actually Barking Dogs. So Keep it up. Happy Barking Doggy's.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:36 am

TRUEBOHRA
But it is your KOTHARI Friends who name themselves
as PIG,FROG,BIRDIE
And by the way where is my SWEETIE PIE GULF
Since nobody knows who you are and Gulf was so occupied by my Gender, I know that Gulf is not HE
so to all please respect Gulf by calling her SIS and not Brother Gulf
AND SINCE GULF HAS REFUSED TO TELL US WHY HE WOULD NOT CONDEMN SYEDNA AND KOTHAR FOR THEIR DEALING WITH NARENDRA MODI AND BAL THACKREY, I AM CONVINCED THAT GULF IS A SISSY.

JC

Unread post by JC » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:50 pm

I do agree that we should come out of the closet, and i know there are many, who think and observe, but decide to keep quiet. We all know the reasons - the social pressures, family, if married, in-laws, friends, business connections may be ...... and lot more - and as it has been rightly put 'comfort zone' - yes, people go to chit chat, meet, talk, gossip and eat good food. I for one try to avoid going, but if a must, go, pray alone though in their jamat (with sahib-e-raza imam..!!), keep reciting astughfeerullah when they talk SHIRK, but, yes, at jaman, i chat chat and eat food, why not??!!! And I try to sow the seeds, i make small points, small questions, innocent questions, so that those who are not thinking should think. Put something on table (read thal), let others keep on guessing. If anyone else comes up with differing opinion or argument on any issue, I fully support. We can atleast do that. And I know kids of today ask questions and i have heard ppl saying that their kids ask lots of questions, so there is a hope. The end is not near, by not very far, wait for a decade or so, the coming up generation has guts and they will speak up. Let burhan die, ghanu jewo maula ghanu jewo, pachi tu jahanum nee aag ma jalvanu chay.......

We may be dogs, barking, and not biting - but orthos are dogs and donkeys. they are being humuiliated by kotharis and they just donot do or say anything.

Dhobee ka kuta, ghar ka, na ghat ka ........
Burhan is dhobee, people are like dogs, and they will neither be of this world, nor hereafter!!

makberi

Unread post by makberi » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:21 am

Originally posted by truebohra:
i think the biggest coward is one who is scared to face the truth....one who dares to question n think beyond wat is told to him is highly courageous....i pray that Allah gives more bohris this courage......
Y more open minded bohris who feel the need for reform dont cme is becuz they r disillusioned with the community...a few days back sme ppl were talkin abt the cars owned by syedna..n they felt pride in the fact that syedna owned a rolls royce.....is this the shahnat of syedna.....is this wat we wud look in our spiritual leader...maybe the thinkin of the speakers is very shallow.....but wudnt it be better if the car was sold n the money used for charity????its when i think of these things i feel disillusioned with the community....Bro True Bohra ur thoughts......

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:49 am

Br. Makberry
Why should it matter what kind of car syedna owns,the fact is he doesnt have a driving license.Where would he go even if he had license.These people are better off the road.They have limited life.The only enjoyment in their life is food.Bhukee quttee.