Question of Namaaz

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.

Question of Namaaz

Unread post by Guest » Mon Apr 02, 2001 11:07 pm

Salaams to all<p>I have a simply question, which is related to Namaaz, or Salat which ever you prefer. I have heard that the orthodox Bohra's have been asked to read two rakaats of Namaaz on the 51st Dai, and 2 rakaats on the 52nd Dai. <p>1) Does anyone know what the Niyaat is?? <br>2) I assume there is nothing wrong with offering prayers on someones who is dead, but what about on a person that is still alive?<p>One of the reason I would be against offering such prayers, I would rather offer prayers on all the Dai's and the Imams rather than just the last two!<p>Any answers/thoughts?<p>Allah Hafeez.<br>London Bohra

Re: Question of Namaaz

Unread post by Guest » Thu Apr 05, 2001 2:43 pm

Salaamu alaikum,<p>I don't think you should offer prayers to any human being. Our obligation for prayers is to Allah alone. I do not know of any instance where the Prophet (S) asked us to offer prayers to or for him. Correct me if I am wrong.<p>We make dua to Allah to bless the Prophet (S) and his household, but thats still a dua to Allah, and the Imams (AS) are included in that dua.<br>

Re: Question of Namaaz

Unread post by Guest » Fri Apr 06, 2001 1:58 pm

Prayers are offered to Allah (swt) for Salawaat on the Dai's and Imaams of the past and prayers are offered (again to Allah) as a prelude to DOA and TAWASSUL to keep our Dai amongst us till the day of Qiyamat (ameen). Look for the Niyats in your Behori hafti. <br>