SYEDNA SAHEB'S 95TH BIRTHDAY

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
accountability

SYEDNA SAHEB'S 95TH BIRTHDAY

Unread post by accountability » Fri May 19, 2006 12:50 pm

As it is our pleasure to celebrate the birthday of our spritual leader. As the birthday celebration were as usual long, some times touching the limits of extravagance. This year Bawa saheb has opted to let London be the festive city. I do not have the numerical figures of mumins living in London and entire england.

A farman by Qaid Johar Bhaisaheb was on line, which required every mumin of north america to attend the festivity in london in person.

Also a cumulative Ziafat is arranged from North American mumineen. I was wondering how and when was it arranged.

No of people have gone to attend, I donot know how many of them are the participants of Ziafat. As it requires an amount of $1300 for one person and for husband and wife $1600.

It is said that many of the people who went are given qardan hasna.

Of course it is desirable to attend any thing in person. But the cost and time effectiveness of such an excercise should also be considered.

Our religious activities have already touched limits in exhibition and ultra spending. So has the financial consequences for the common bohra. Our religious managers should also take into account the difficulties and hardships faced by the common person. Instead of adopting an ultra exhibitionist style, religion may be better served by sticking to simplistic and real spirit of the religion.

Zeal

Re: SYEDNA SAHEB'S 95TH BIRTHDAY

Unread post by Zeal » Fri May 19, 2006 1:38 pm

According to me , its a sheer waste of money and time.
The people who are responsible behind this senseless effort will be answerable to Allah on the day of judgement.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Fri May 19, 2006 2:16 pm

Br. Accountability & Zeal
AS

Come on brother,

Don't you want Sawaab of Hajj and If you do Duaa or Repent in person then your Maulana will grant it or forgive your Gunnah..

Wow what a deal! Worth spending $1300 and you get twofer for $1600.

And you forgot all about 9500 Tasbih Chanting your Maula's name! I am sure millins of Bohras will spend night and day chanting "YA Muhammad Burhanuddin".

Have a good Milad-ud-Burhan

Wasalaam

pro_pig

Unread post by pro_pig » Sat May 20, 2006 12:58 am

r u guys jealous. bec u cannot celebrate your maula ;) aliasgar eng like that way ;)

Final Destination

Unread post by Final Destination » Sat May 20, 2006 4:23 pm

I just happen to hear the Engg.'s interview. Leave alone his birthday which hardly anyone must be knowing but I guess would anyone know when he dies??
He doesnt seem to have any logic in his speech for the claims he is making against H.H.
It looks more as a personal war than anything else.
My sincere advise to progs is you guys better concentrate on the lawbreakers,fanatics and corrupt white clad popes of bohra!

Final Destination

Unread post by Final Destination » Sat May 20, 2006 4:26 pm

Can anyone tell me when is A.A Engg birthday?

tahir

Unread post by tahir » Sat May 20, 2006 7:21 pm

30th February Hijri

Carl

Unread post by Carl » Sat May 20, 2006 8:02 pm

B'day is a celebration of life.
Irrespective of any age.
How does one celebrate one's b'day?
Dai has given enuf. Infact more than enuf.
Hope he had a good enuf celebration.
Obviously, all us stupids, made sure of that.
For his own pleasing.
And his ego.
But living here is only now.
For death only is the new found cause for a better life.
Above, I have said, is not for our Dai, but for u and me.
Life is fleeting.
B'days come and go, enjoyable, and only adds up
our age. Not sad; for all experiences of this year only matter or probably should matter.
Every life that we live is, hopefully a threshold, for a better life going forward.
Aging is assumed to be barrier, understood probably as of all experiences to passo on and mayeven to with-hold.
Aging? No one is old. And old is nothing but having lived. Only thing is if having lived to become this old, was it fruitful living for you and me.
Doesn't matter. For it is your life you are living like myself.
So the crux? Age is in number of earth years having lived. Fine. Have you lived 'fine' for your good and others good? Yes, obviously, for is not that we were given birth for?

Zeal

Unread post by Zeal » Mon May 22, 2006 10:18 am

Pro_pig and Final destination,

On the occasion of the milad of 52nd dai, do you really want to know what happens,

It was zohr namaaz time and people were busy doing the kadambosi of sayedna.

Finally it was announced that people can pray zohr namaaz on their own if they wish(one can imagine how many would pray individually ?), bcoz there will be no congregational prayers.

What an ironical and pathetic condition ?
There is no namaaz happenning in the Masjid despite the fact that the dai (of the prophet) the biggest spiritual leader is present there.

Instead people are busy kissing hands and feet ...for what ????

Dai ...claimed to be one of the successors of the prophet Muhammed and Vasi Maulana Ali ....who never missed even their prayer times , forget about the prayer itself.

Shame shame shame ...on these fools !!!!!!!!

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Mon May 22, 2006 12:45 pm

zeal: Did it actually happen. syedna saheb was in london england. I am wondering, at whose behest, it was announced. can you be more elobrate.

Humsafar

Unread post by Humsafar » Mon May 22, 2006 12:56 pm

He doesnt seem to have any logic in his speech for the claims he is making against H.H.
It looks more as a personal war than anything else.
FD,

Can you please explain your statement above? It would help if you gave examples where you can show the lack of "logic in his speech against H.H." and give instances which indicate that "it looks more as a personal war than anything else."

I'm asking you this in all earnestness, because I really did not see any of this in the interview and would really like to know what made you draw the conclusions that you do. Please help me see the light.

Zeal

Unread post by Zeal » Mon May 22, 2006 1:09 pm

Accountability,

It actually happened , I have witnessed it.
I prayed my zohr in the mawaid (jamaat khana) of London masjid.

First time it happened with me that I couldnt pray with imaam despite being in masjid

In the actual masjid and sehen , they wont even allow anyone without a kadambosi pass.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Mon May 22, 2006 4:51 pm

From Maalumaat.com

Aqa Maula TUS delivers Waaz Mubarak to worldwide Bilad e Imaniyah on 95th Milad e Maimoon

Aqa Maula TUS gave sharaf of deedar and waaz Mubarak to all Bilad imaniyah worldwide through Live satellite vide relay from London, on the occasion of the 95 Milad e Maimoon of Aqa Maula TUS. Mumineen had started gathering at the masjid from 7 am in the morning. Masjid doors opened at 9am. Aqa Maula TUS arrived at approx. 11 am in a procession, on a Miyana carried by Shahzada sahebs and Qasre Aali grand children of Huzurala TUS. The masarraat of Milad could be seen on the Chehra mubarak of Aqa Maula TUS upon entering the masjid. Aqa maula TUS was jalwanuma on the bethak. Qasida Mubaraka tilawat was done followed by Sharbat ceremony done by Shz Aliwaqar Shz Ammar bs Jamaluddin Saheb followed by wadhaawanu by Shz. Aliwaqar Qaed Joher bs Ezzuddin Saheb. Aqa maula TUS waaz mubarak heard by thousands of mumineen worldwide, included a lot of Doa mubarak for Mumineen. Maula TUS gave Mumineen the khitaab of 'Biradar / Bhaiyo'. With ref. to Khidmat, Maula TUS yeh farmaayu, ke khidmat no haq su chhe ke ' Haq to ye hai ke haq ada na huwa'. Aqa maula TUS said that wajebaat aapwa si ghanu ziyada barakat thai chhe. Aqa Maula TUS yeh Europe ane North America ne Mumineen ne Faize Burhani Schemes ma ghani rakam inaayat farmaawi. After Waaz Mubarak, Maula TUS departed for gurfat. Zohr Asr namaz was led by Syedi Mazoon saheb. At 5 pm, bairao wadhawaanu function was held where numerous bairao got sharaf of wadhaawanu.

So Bhagwan_of-Ollu-Bohras is only interested in drinking Sharbat, Having his AArti done and kissing of his feet. Then he goes into GUFFA and has his feet kissed by ladies. Zuhr ges by and he does not pray. What a religion.

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Mon May 22, 2006 8:27 pm

MF: By now you would have found that I am quiet critcal of this exhibitionsit style adopted by them. But your comments below is quiet hurting as well as insulting to one million people. syedna saheb usually leads namaz, there may be some physical problem, which due to ultra secretive manners adopted by his immediate family was not announced. Anyways, i would suggest that your criticism should not lose good manners and ethical boundries.

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Mon May 22, 2006 8:31 pm

Zeal: How many people do you think were there for qadambosi. I dont know what is no of families in england or london.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Mon May 22, 2006 10:28 pm

This is nothing but money gathering.
quote from the Waaz Mubarak (from Maalumat.com)

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Aqa maula TUS said that wajebaat aapwa si ghanu ziyada barakat thai chhe
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Kaka Akela

Unread post by Kaka Akela » Mon May 22, 2006 11:35 pm

I have heard that more than a 1000 people were gone to London from USA for the jameat ziafat. each family paid either $1200 or $1600. If we assume 1100 went at the average price of $1400, then the kotharis collected close to $1,540,000. Does anyone think if all that money went to His Holiness???
The head of jameat (Shk. ZK) and Qaid Johar (the instigator of this shrade)probably pocketed atleast the 50% of this amount, from the rest they paid Najwa for ziafat and all other asundry expenses. With this easy way of making money we can be sure that this sharade will be institutionalized on a yearly basis (it will be called yatra of the lambs).
They have found one more way to fleece the dummies who are innocent and good at heart.

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Tue May 23, 2006 12:00 am

kaka: I dont think that many people went, from toronto they had an input of around 100 or so.

Toronto is also the biggest jamat in north america. But you are right, the numbers are big. and no accounting.

Kaka, I think it is our cumulative fault, our own lack of self esteem, that we let bunch of loosers and looters take control of our destiny. I was called upon to go, but i said I cannot. I did not say, I dont have money, or I have work problems. I simply said no, without giving any explaination, they did not force me, as i am not to be forced, and with me arguing they did not want others to astray. so start saying no, and everything will be alright.

Zeal

Unread post by Zeal » Tue May 23, 2006 8:47 am

Accountability ,
I stayed there for around 4 hours, and could see approx 400 -500 people including men , women and children.

pro_pig

Unread post by pro_pig » Tue May 23, 2006 12:26 pm

zeal do u went to london? and if u went for what purpose can u explain me pls.

Zeal

Unread post by Zeal » Tue May 23, 2006 12:45 pm

Pro_pig,

I live in London from last 15 years.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Tue May 23, 2006 12:47 pm

Br. Zeal & AC
AS
Br. AC wrote;
think it is our cumulative fault, our own lack of self esteem, that we let bunch of loosers and looters take control of our destiny
No it is not self esteem it is failure to learn true Islam, despite the education, failure to understand Quran and Sunnah of our Prophet.

Here are some pointers.

Importance of Salah

Buraydah reported that Prophet said;

The difference between them [That is the disbelievers] and us [that is the believers] is [performance of] Salah. Whoever abandons it has disbelieved. (in Ahmed, Ibn Majah, Muslim. an-Nasai and at-Timidhi)

Ibn Masud reported;

Once I asked the Prophet SAW which action Allah loves most. He replied, "Prayer at its [proper] times." Then "Goodness to Parents" then "Jihad in the way of Allah"
(In Bukhari and Muslim)

Importance of Congregational Salah;

Abu Hurayarh related that the prophet said;

By him in whose hand my soul is, I have often thought to ask for fuel to be collected, to have the Adhan called and to appoint someone to lead the prayer so that I could go to those who abstained from congregational prayers and set fire to their houses before their eyes. (In Bukhari and Muslim)

Abu Darda related that the Prophet Said;

If there are three people in a village or even in desert, and they do not pray together, the devil will surely overcome them. So always offer prayers in congregation, for wolf only injures a solitary sheep. (in Abu Dawud, Ahmed and an-Nasai)

Prohibitions in a Masjid

Hasan al-Basri reported that the Prophet said;

A time will come when conversation of people in the Masjid will center around worldly affairs. You must not sit with such people, for Allah has nothing to do with them. (In al-Bayhaqui)

Amr bin Shuayb related on the authority of his father and grandfather;

The prophet forbade buying, selling, seeking lost property, and reciting poetry in the Mosque.
(in Abu Dawud and at-Tirmidhi)

Dear brother Zeal it is your duty to pray Namaaz on time and in Jamaat when time pf prayer comes regardless of any farmaans of mortals. Bedouins in Prophets time when in desert did not run to Prophet to ask for RAZA to lead prayers. Allah has asked Muslims to pray in Jamaat when ever possible. It was your duty to gather willing Muslim, proclaim Adhan and ask most learned person to lead the prayer.

I remember a interfaith function in Wayland, MA Mosque. Then Cardinal Law was present and Zuhr prayer time came. Function was interrupted, it was announced that prayer time has come and Muslims will break for 10 minutes. It was heart worming to see that Cardinal Law stood in back row and Bowed and kneeled with Muslims. Other guests were impressed.

Br AC your lame excuse of Maulan’s health does not hold water. When Prophet was sick in last days he dragged himself out when he heard the Adhan supported by Hz. Ali and other Sahaba. He came in when Hz. Abu Bakr was leading prayer, set down next to him and prayed.(I am not sure he took over leading of prayers or prayed with Imam. If Maulana is sick he should have prayed sitting or even with signaling with the fingers, He had enough energy to deliver the Waaz whose main message was give me more money and kiss my feet (Khidmat).

Brothers take heart in what I wrote. You are responsible only to Allah SWT.

Do your prayers give your charity and Allah will guide to straight path.

Wasalaam

Muslim

Unread post by Muslim » Tue May 23, 2006 5:45 pm

MF,

Very interesting "pointers"... Now go learn some hadith about abusing people, or do they not exist in your bigoted mindset?

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Tue May 23, 2006 10:56 pm

brother MF;
This is the difference between a mindset muslim and a broadminded muslim. I would have readily apologized for the mistake. First I would never call anyone Ullu or anything else. Besides you know in america and europe Owls are sign of wisdom not stupidity.

syedna saheb is a buzrug leader, whatever the differences we have with the administration, I believe that he adheres to sharia more than any other religious leader does. If you want I can give you examples of pakistani religious leaders, quote their scandals, which are in abundance.

Having said that, sharia also allows people to ensalve, keep concibines, bear children from them, cut hands for petty thievery, chop off neck of a murderer (murder the murderer). Asks raped woman to produce four male witness, who saw the penetration.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue May 23, 2006 11:50 pm

accty,

So a broadminded muslim is one who disregards the shariah, right?

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue May 23, 2006 11:56 pm

Here is another piece of shariah. A person who doubts even a single ayah (and I mean the quranic ayah) is automatically a kafir.

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Wed May 24, 2006 12:06 am

anajmi how are you. How was your day. it is a bit chilly in toronto.

my friend, it is not a question of regard or disregard. I just quoted what sharia says. or you may negate it. let me put this way.
does sharia allow to keep slaves.
does sharia allow to keep concibines (kaneez)
does sharia command to cut off hands for thievery
does sharia asks raped woman to produce four male witness, who saw the penetration.
does sharia command that a murderer be murdered.

if answers are yes, then it is sharia.
if answers are categorical no, then i shall repent.

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Wed May 24, 2006 12:09 am

i am not doubting any quranic ayah. where did you get this impression.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed May 24, 2006 12:28 am

Yes. Shariah allows for each one of those.

Shariah also does not allow you to steal.
Shariah does not allow you to commit rape.
Shariah does not allow you to commit murder.

Shariah suggests that you free slaves and marry them. Shariah also says that marrying a muslim slave is better than marrying a free kafir.

Murdering a murderer is a command of Allah. Nothing wrong with it. Murdering an innocent is what is not allowed.

One other thing you might want to focus on. Playing with shariah, like you are doing, is also not allowed.

Second, how many muslims do you know that have slaves? How many muslims do you know that have concubines and have had kids through them? How many canadians do you know that have had kids out of wedlock?

True muslims know how to follow the shariah in the best possible way. You are too stupid to figure that out.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed May 24, 2006 12:42 am

accty,

You've raised doubts about Jesus Christ being a muslim. That would be a pretty big doubt I would say. That also means that you doubt if Musa (as) was a muslim, or any prophet before him was a muslim, when we have sahih hadith claiming that when the prophet (as) on his mystical journey went to Jerusalem, every prophet prayed namaz behind him.