Muharram the holy month marking a new year

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.

Gursevak

Re: Muharram the holy month marking a new year

Unread post by Gursevak » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:45 pm

Another thing I would like to dwell on at this point would sure be that it is incumbent on all Muslims to love the Ahl al-Bayt -- the members of the Prophet’s household -- as ordered in the 23rd verse of the 42nd chapter of the Quran. Therefore, lamenting the martyred members of the Prophet’s blessed family is not in the monopoly of a certain sect of Islam.

Alislam

Unread post by Alislam » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:43 am

MF, "Caught on the wrong foot".. hahahaha

Alislam

Unread post by Alislam » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:49 am

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

"it is incumbent on all Muslims to love the Ahl al-Bayt -- the members of the Prophet’s household -- as ordered in the 23rd verse of the 42nd chapter of the Quran."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is the reason why durood only includes Prophet household only and not all the sahabas.

Not all, so called sahaba, were true to prophet and his mission.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:07 pm

Br Alisalam
AS
MF, "Caught on the wrong foot".. hahahaha
From Funk & Wagnells

La-ment = v.t. To feel or express Sorrow; mourn; grieve,-n 1. expression of grief; lamentation. 2 A plaintive song or melody

No where it says to beat yourself silly, Eat food and make merry.

You need to pay attention and listen to WAAZ

Alislam

Unread post by Alislam » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:22 pm

ws MF,

I was talking with reference to the Ayat of love for Ahlebait and i quoted that in the next post to make it easy for you.

so pls reply with reference to the context.

Gursevak

Unread post by Gursevak » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:09 am

so pls reply with reference to the context
He is a wahhabi remember - context, what context?

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:16 pm

Br. Alisalam
AS

I do not know any Muslim who does not love and respect Ahl al-Bayt. Prophet was asked how one should show love and respect for Ahl al-Bayt
. His reply was to offer 'Darood', which we offer at the end of our prayer cycle when we say "Allahhumma Salle----- Allahhumma Bariq--".

Loving Ahl al-Bayt does not mean worshipping.

Alislam

Unread post by Alislam » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:27 pm

"Loving Ahl al-Bayt does not mean worshipping"

--- Stop this stereo rheoteric.

You'll never understand, in whatever words this allegation is refuted or do not want to understand.

wahabbis need to have something to keep their ilk together and discredit those who value prophet and his Ahlebait.

porus

Unread post by porus » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:23 pm

MF provided the link to 42:23 in the best tradition of a fitnati to highlight the contribution of Maududi, the ahl-e-bayt hating Wahhabi. He is now being disowned even by Wahhabis.

Please supplement the above link by this one which provides additional Sunni, not Wahhabi, sources for the tafseer of the ayat.

http://www.al-islam.org/organizations/A ... 00288.html

Also, see the camparison of the Ibn Kathir and Tabatabai tafseers of the ayat here:

http://www.al-islam.org/organizations/A ... 00288.html

porus

Unread post by porus » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:24 pm

Correction:

Also, see the camparison of the Ibn Kathir and Tabatabai tafseers of the ayat here:

http://almizan.org/new/article14.asp

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:46 pm

Porus

Link I provided was Shia answer to Maudidi's explaination of Ayah.

There are no authentic Ahl-e-Bait left in this world to seek help or interpret Qur'an and Sunnah.

12 vers Imam is Gaib
One faction of Ismaili Imam is hiding and his Dais are making 'Majah'
Other Ismaili Imam is getting jollies out of breeding horses.

I am not trying to do anything. I have read enough on this subject of Imamat.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:53 pm

Ibn 'Arabi (Allama Muhyiddin Ibn 'Arabi) in his "Tafsir al Quran
al Karim" Vol.2, pp. 432-433 explains. When Rasul Allah (Salallahu Alayhi
wa Aalihi wasallam) was asked:
'Ya Rasul Allah, which of your relatives are these making Waajib upon us
to love them,
He replied, "Ali and Fatema and al Hasan and al Husayn and children
of both these."

Shaykh Muhammad Ali Taha al Ddart in his "Tafsir al Quran al Karim
wa al A'arabuhu wa Bayanuhu" Vol.13 pp71-75, quotes other Sunni source from
al Tirmidhi confirming the validity of his explanation citing the event of
al Ghadir.

In the end, it is Only Allah Subhanahu wa ta 'aala who knows the Best.
'Ya Rasul Allah, which of your relatives are these making Waajib upon us
to love them,
He replied, "Ali and Fatema and al Hasan and al Husayn and children
of both these."

Now Porus;

If you introduce to me authentic descdent of Ali RA and Fatema RA, I will go and kiss his feet (Even though it is Shirk).

I do not know one Sunni Muslim who does not love Ahl-e-Bait.

Gursevak

Unread post by Gursevak » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:06 pm

authentic descdent
Pray tell us what an unauthentic descendant is. Just outline your lineage and we will know the meaning hehehe.

You are willing to commit shirk but condemn others - had ibn wahhab bin alive he would have kissed your ***

porus

Unread post by porus » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:05 pm

Originally posted by Muslim First:

There are no authentic Ahl-e-Bait left in this world to seek help or interpret Qur'an and Sunnah.
Shia, like others, had schisms in the past. However, the last Imam they are all agreed upon is Imam Jafar al-Sadiq. You will find, however, that, while they emphasize different aspects, there is no fundamental disagreement among them about Quran and Sunna as they have come down to us from Prophet through these Imams. You could start by studying what they say.

Neither you nor I have read enough about Imamat.

I agree that the Sunni revere ahl-e-bayt. However, it is prophet's prayer that Allah is "not a friend of those who befriend the enemies of ahl-e-bayt". Prophet had Wahhabis in mind when he made that prayer.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:51 am

I agree that the Sunni revere ahl-e-bayt. However,it is prophet's prayer that Allah is "not a friend of those who befriend the enemies of ahl-e-bayt" Prophet had Wahhabis in mind when he made that prayer.
Thank you for admitting that " Sunni revere ahl-e-bayt".

it is prophet's prayer that Allah is "not a friend of those who befriend the enemies of ahl-e-bayt"

Woh are these enemies?

Those sunnis who believe in strict "Tauhid", are they enemies of Ahl-E-Bait?

What is best way to display fraindship and love to "ahl-e-bayt"?

Wasalaam

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:54 am

Correction

Who are these enemies?

Those Sunnis who believe in strict "Tauhid", are they enemies of ahl-e-bayt?

What is best way to display friendship and love to "ahl-e-bayt"?

turbocanuck

Unread post by turbocanuck » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:06 pm

[QB]Correction

Who are these enemies?

What is best way to display friendship and love to "ahl e bayt?"
stopping to bomb and kill fellow muslims would be a start ;)

porus

Unread post by porus » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:34 pm

it is prophet's prayer that Allah is "not a friend of those who befriend the enemies of ahl-e-bayt"

Woh are these enemies?
Let us start with those who fought against Ali. Ayesha and Muawiyah. Those who murdered Husain: Yazid, Shimr, Ubaidullah bin Ziyad, Amr bin Saad. (By the way, Ayesha is not part of Ahl-e-bayt).

Today, they are Wahhabis, Deobandis, Taleban and others who revere Wahhabis. (They falsely call themselves Muwahiddun. They do not know Tawhid.)

They hate any expression of love for Ahl-e-bayt, like saying Ya Ali Madad, holding procession for Husain during Muharram, building mazaars over the graves of Ahl-e-bayt and their descendants. They bomb Shia masjids and Muharram gatherings.

They say 'radiullah anhu' when they mention Yazid, the devil on whose orders the Kaabaas razed to the ground.

Shall I go on?

porus

Unread post by porus » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:37 pm

Correction:

They say 'radiullah anhu' when they mention Yazid, the devil on whose orders the Kaabaa wass razed to the ground.

muhammad khan

Unread post by muhammad khan » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:57 pm

Dear MF,

I strongly believe that you are a very good Muslim. 3171 posts shows the love you have for Allah subhanatallah and his last prophet (peace be upon him).

What you are doing is what we Shia call Ibadat. You are in sreach of Truth. You are ready to turn every stone to learn that truth. That is what I call True Muslim Sprit.

I pray that one day you will find the Light and when you will find it you will not have any doubts. Like you I am in search of truth. Truth which I find might be very different that the Truth which you will find. But I a sure both of our truths will be from the same Allah. () Please Read This Islamic Stroy

muhammad khan

Unread post by muhammad khan » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:58 pm

Like Elephant in the dark we all might be correct.
Rumi's Stroy

muhammad khan

Unread post by muhammad khan » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:02 pm

Dear MF,

No one has problem with the simplicity of Saudis (Wahabies). I not only respect but love the simplicity of Wahabies. The Problem is their rigidity.

No one gets hurt when wahabbies says - They know the Truth

Very very few people have Problem when wahabbies say - Their truth is the only Truth

A Few people have problem when wahabbies say - Their truth is the only Truth and all others are WRONG.

Most of the people have objection when wahabbies say - Their truth is the only Truth and others are wrong and "it is their duty to forces others by all means (including murders and rapes) to follow the wahabie's truth"

muhammad khan

Unread post by muhammad khan » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:09 pm

12 vers Imam is Gaib
One faction of Ismaili Imam is hiding and his Dais are making 'Majah'
Other Ismaili Imam is getting jollies out of breeding horses.
Prophet Muhammad (SAAW) reported to have taught the following:

“Even if two men are left alive on the planet earth, one of them will essentially be Hujat (Imam) of Allah upon the other. And in such case Imam will die later than the other person (who is not Hujat) so that the ordinary person cannot complain Allah of being left without Hujat (guide)“ Asool-e-Kafi volume # 2

This does not mean there will not be more than one Imam (guide). This means at least there will be one Imam. So there is a good chance that All these 3 might be correct.

muhammad khan

Unread post by muhammad khan » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:18 pm

If one starts learning from the point where he thinks whatever he knows is correct and others are wrong, then it is tough to learn. If one needs to learn he needs to go with open mind and with “Intellectual Humility” (recognizing that what they do not know will always be greater than what they know)

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:36 pm

Br. Khan
AS

Myself and one another person are only 2 left on this earth. How do I tell who is Hujjat among the 2?

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:14 pm

Br. Porus
AS
Lets take Ayesha RA

She had differences with Ali RA. It was after famous necklace incident. She carried the grudge and ended with fighting Ali RA, Battle which she lost. Ali RA was very kind to her, returned her to Medina where she spent rest of her life quietly. Now if Ali RA forgave her, then why should I worry about this history?

What I understand is After Prophet SAW there were 4 groups

Shai of Ali
Shai of Muwayah
Kwaraj and
People who did not want to get involved with the politics

The last was largest group like today’s silent majority.

Now I have no problem with Shia of Ali so long as they do not worship Ahl-e-bait.
I do not know any Shia of Muwaya left or not.
Kwaraj are extinct. And last group is still the largets.

More later

porus

Unread post by porus » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:04 am

MF,

Do not mistake Ali’s chivalry towards Ayesha as an act of forgiveness. It is not for Ali to forgive. Prophet has prayed to Allah to be an enemy to those who are enemies of Ali. And Prophet’s prayer has been answered. That is a fundamental belief all Muslims.

And when Ali confronted Aisha at the conclusion of the Battle of the Camel, he said these words to her. “O Humeira of Iram. You wanted to kill me just like you killed Uthman ibn Affan.” In these words Ali alluded to Ayesha’s fate to be like the fate of Iram which Allah destroyed because its people disobeyed his messenger. And he squarely laid before her the accusation for her part in Uthman’s killing and then blaming it on Ali.

Haven’t you heard how Ali behaved with his enemies? Not out of personal animosity but only to do Allah’s bidding. He stopped short of slaying a combatant when he spat on Ali. When asked why he spared him, Ali said he was overcome by anger and would not have followed Allah’s wish but his own weakness for vengeance if he had killed him.

After Ibn Muljim struck Ali a fatal blow in the masjid at Kufa, the first thought Ali had was to make sure his assailant was treated comfortably and he asked his children to give him milk to drink.

This is what Prophet said at Ghadeer Khum, and it is in many Sunni hadiths as well:

man kuntu mawla-hu, fa aliyyun mawla-hu
wa man kuntu waliyyu-hu, fa hadha aliyyun waliyyu-hu wa ameeru-hu
allahumma wali man walaa-hu, wa aadi man aadaa-hu
wa nasru man nasra-hu
wa-khdhul man khadha la-hu
wa-adiri al-haqqa ma’a-hu haythu daara

Translation:

To whom I am mawla, so Ali is his mawla
And to whom I am wali, then this ali is his wali and his ameer
O Allah, love those who love him, and be an enemy to those who are his enemies
And help those who help him
And desert those who desert him
And send truth with him wherever he goes.

You should care about what Prophet said about Ayesha and dissociate from her completely. Remember, she is the one with whom Allah is displeased. That is according to Prophet. Read his sermon above again.

Thousands of shia of Muawaiyah are extant. They are Wahhabis. They are also modern day Khwarij. Dig Internet to find out how Wahhabis had been prophesied by Prophet.

You need to learn history of Islam a bit more.

muhammad khan

Unread post by muhammad khan » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:15 pm

Br. Khan
AS

Myself and one another person are only 2 left on this earth. How do I tell who is Hujjat among the 2?
Based on the Hadith and the simple logic.
If you are not Imam then definitely he (the other guy) is the Imam.

But if you say, "How would you trust that hadith?" then you will have that intuition in your heart plus you will see the signs, that the other person is Imam for you, who will guide you towards Allah.

And its only Allah who can give show you that signs and give you intuitions.

If you don't have intuitions for the above 3 Imams then I think there are two possibilities

1. Your Imam is not among those 3

or

2. You will see the sign and you will have intuitions about them in future.

There is a possibility that you will find some other Imam. But that will not make my Imam False for me.

"Struggle is the meaning of life. Defeat or victory is in the hands of God. But struggle itself is Man's duty and should be his joy." -Aga Khan