Sayedna in ICU

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Humsafar

Re: Sayedna in ICU

Unread post by Humsafar » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:10 am

Fatwa Banker wrote:The only major issue is that several Bohri children born in the last two weeks remain unnamed.
AB, your sarcasm is devilishly delicious. :D

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:00 pm

Right: This is totally false. He became sick due to his chronic medical condition. This is ridiculeous. I do not think, spreading such stories will do anyone any good, but to tarnish the image of our whole community as psychos.

So please refrain from using such hearsay, and if you can, advise the ones who are spreading such stories not to do that, if they are really sincere to community.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:55 pm

The following mail is being circulated within bohras nowadays :-

SADA REHJO BAQI SALAMAT EA MAULA HAZARO WARAS EM DUA CHE HAMARI

Baad Salam

Aqa Moula T.U.S In The Live 23mi Raat Na Wasila Ma Em Farmayu Ke

'Apni dua no asr Moula TUS mehsus kari rahya che ane ej doa Moula T.U.S ni quwaat banse" Inshallah.

Chalo Apan Sagla Moula TUS na haq ma zyada dua karye
Moula TUS na haq ma dua karwu apna par wajib che Farz Che

Please keep on forwarding this email to mumineen all over the world hence more doa is done for our bawa mushfiq

SADA REHJO BAQI SALAMAT EH MOULA
HAZARO WARAS EM DUA CHE HAMARI

AMEEN AMEEN

GreatBarrier

Unread post by GreatBarrier » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:18 pm

Right wrote: Their was Kadambosi Baithak at Saifee Mahal, and Moula had presided the baithak. A lady came for kadambosi. When Moula saw that lady he was shocked. He asked the Shehzadas standing near him, that who allowed her to come in. He told them to being a bottle. Sayedna Saheb put his finger on the forehead of that ladt and then put the finger in bottle and told to close it immediately. The lady then ran away. Some people ran after to catch her but she was vanished. It was then told shaitan has come in some form near Moula, and if he would not have put him in the bottle , then it would have create a lot of trouble to the public. Moula instructed to dig a very deep hole and put the bottle in it. After this incident Moula became ill. He has taken all the "balas" of mumineen on him.
I cannot believe the stupidity...this implies we are some pagan tribe from Gujarat which believes in mythology, legends, witch craft and fairy tales. I really hope this is not sanctioned by Kothar and if the public realises what stupidity goes on in our thought process we would become a laughing stock. Kothar if they have intelligence should control this roumour mills and follow the strict Islamic principles and provide very transparent and factual information.

To the point never has Islam or Our Prophet ever claimed they have phyisically engaged and encountred Shaitan- Iblis, if one concludes from our scriptures Iblis is far too powerful for a human to control, and by any chance if it was so easy we would many of our noble Prophets would have sorted Iblis out by now rather then wait until 2009 ! Let us not go overboard with hysteria.

Let us pray to Allah and wish Moula good health and quick recovery, he is the leader of 1million strong community, but also realise he is mortal and as a human of 98 yrs old is aging, recovery is not in the same league as a younger person and Allah will determine his destiny and leave it to Him, it would be unrealistic to expect if Allah will listen to us if He already has a plan, whatever plan that is.

Let me draw your attention to Imam Husain also on his last moments inquired what is Allah's wish.

Fatwa Banker

Unread post by Fatwa Banker » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:16 pm

GreatBarrier wrote:follow the strict Islamic principles and provide very transparent and factual information.
If it is factual information and transparency you are after, then religion is the wrong business for you GB, especially "Islamic Principles". Find a new hobby, or sit back and enjoy the ride.... if you are of the opinion that Islamic principles provide transparency and factual information, the Kothar is looking for a few good men just like you.

Right

Unread post by Right » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:42 am

accountability wrote:Right: This is totally false. He became sick due to his chronic medical condition. This is ridiculeous. I do not think, spreading such stories will do anyone any good, but to tarnish the image of our whole community as psychos.

So please refrain from using such hearsay, and if you can, advise the ones who are spreading such stories not to do that, if they are really sincere to community.

When the person told me this story I could not stop laughing.I explained him that the ill health is due to age and limiting factors, as he is also a human being, but he was not ready to listen. He said that Moula has saved us, and has taken all the evils on him. There was no scope for argument in it.
I posted here not to spread this fictious story, but to prove that Bohras IQ level is below zero.
We are boasting that we are big businessmen, professionals, and we are using the modern gadgets like computers & internet etc. to modernise our community, but are thinking is like we are living in some old centuries.

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:45 am

42 Dawoodi Bohras from Sidhpir went on foot-march on 21-03-2009 evening from Sidhpur to Delmal to reach Hasan Peer Saheb's Dargah to pray for fast recovery and long life of ailing Sayedna. 72 Dawoodi Bohras went on foot-march from Udaipur to Galiakot Fakhruddin Shahid's Dargah.
According to a news item in "Gujarat Today' Gujarati Daily when its reporter Mahesh Bhanu asked the marcher "Jo tamara Hasan Peer Sab tatha tem ni shifarish thi khuda tamari dua kabool karto hoi to Hasan Peer Saheb no darjo tamara Sayedna Saheb thi vadhi ne chhe ke nahi? (If Hasan Peer Saheb or through his recomendation God hears your prayers then is the status of Hasan Saheb not superior to your Sayedna?) - The Bohras beat him up and snatched his camera.

makberi

Unread post by makberi » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:09 am

something interesting i came across....
http://www.mumbaimirror.com/index.aspx? ... 20655c86f2

bohras are signing petitions demanding the reporter to apologize

mutmaeen

Unread post by mutmaeen » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:52 am

the fact that syedna [tos] himself takes the mannat of hasan peer saheb and does sajada and his ziyarat makes syednas stance on syedi hasan peer shaheeds rutba amply clear

SAJJAD

Unread post by SAJJAD » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:26 am

Ever since burhanuddin’s recent illness that has led to his hospitalization, the kothar and bohras are in a frenzy of performing all kinds of weird rituals (i.e. goat slaughtering) aimed at increasing the longevity of the old man’s life. Burhanuddin has lived a long life thus far and has earned all sorts of luxuries paid for and subsidized by the gullible community.
Some how Bohris believe that slaughtering innocent goats all over the world will magically save burhanuddin! How insidious!
Many fanatics from Pune and other cities have been seen walking all the way to Mumbai and other dargahs by foot to burhanuddin father’s tomb in Bhindi Bazaar. I think bohris are trying to copy the Arab Shias and Iranians (they walk to Karbala from Baghdad and Najaf Al-Ashraf during Muharram, Ashura and Chehlum). But that sacred walk is dedicated for Imam Hussein (A.S.). Bohri’s would be out of their minds to possibly even dare to compare burhanuddin with Imam Hussein (A.S.). Based on what is presently occurring Bohras have already lost their minds and more are sure to follow rank in file!
On top of this, the Kothar has imposed on all bohris to fast (roza) for three days and make darees in their homes and participate in other ridiculous rituals for this old man so he can be “assured” to live until the day of Qayamat. Maybe Bohris should consider becoming Hindus – they already worship burhanuddin as if he is an idol or god of some sort. That’s food for thought - at the thaal of course, while chewing on char mithas/char kharas!
On a serious note, all these Hindu-type ceremonies in aim of prolonging burhanuddin’s life are a waste of time and millions of dollars. But wait, it doesn’t end here!! To add to the disgust and mockery of the Muslim world, Bohras are required to celebrate for forty days burhanuddin’s birthday and pay hefty salaams all in hopes to continue a “crafted” un-Islamic innovation.

mutmaeen

Unread post by mutmaeen » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:07 am

slaughtering goats is called zabihat done either with a niyyat of salawat aur sadaqah and its not a weird practice as per islamic norms

slaughtering goats-walking to dargahs of auliyas with the mannat for long life ur dai can never by classified as hindu practices....unless one is blinded by antipathy

do hindus do rituals for prolonging life? they believe in acheiving moksha[salvation]as soon as possible by coming out of the cycle of life and death

there is no diktat to do rozas-its merely a guidline-a request-u can go through it on malumaaat

just because u dont believe in what others believe does not mean that u alone r right and all of them r wrong

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:59 am

walking to dargahs of auliyas with the mannat for long life ur dai can never by classified as hindu practices....unless one is blinded by antipathy
Any backup from Sunnah?

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:27 am

Which Sunnah? I have seen Ahle sunnat wal jamat members walking barefeet to many dargahs, and also taking mannat and sacrificing animals. There is nothing unislamic about going to dargahs and sacrificing animals.

like_minded

Unread post by like_minded » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:39 am

slaughtering goats is called zabihat done either with a niyyat of salawat aur sadaqah and its not a weird practice as per islamic norms

slaughtering goats-walking to dargahs of auliyas with the mannat for long life ur dai can never by classified as hindu practices....unless one is blinded by antipathy

do hindus do rituals for prolonging life? they believe in acheiving moksha[salvation]as soon as possible by coming out of the cycle of life and death

there is no diktat to do rozas-its merely a guidline-a request-u can go through it on malumaaat

just because u dont believe in what others believe does not mean that u alone r right and all of them r wrong

Mutmaeen

You sound like a typical pin-headed bohri fanatic, by justifying such criminal/primitive acts, you prove the point that you have nothing left in your tiny head.

A man as old as syedna is bound to die one day, why can't you jerks accept this reality?? Do you seriously think by indulging in such ridiculous rituals, you are gonna save him from the inevitable??? If yes, you should be ashamed of yourself!!

mutmaeen

Unread post by mutmaeen » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:46 am

like minded

though u r bereft of civilisation-just concentrate on a point by point debate

slaughtering a goat is a perfectly islamic practice and so is walking to a dargah

if i want to do it for prolonging the life of someone i revere it shouldnt concern u much-coz its upto an individual as to what he believes his faith is and how he wants to practice it

i have as much a right to love as u have a right to hate
but u need civility to comprehend this-get it injected from somewhere

Masoom Sehrai

Unread post by Masoom Sehrai » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:46 am

I see lots of mumineens are going on foot to various Dargahs like Hassan Peer, Raudat u Tahera in Bombay and Burhanpur Dargah etc etc.to pray for the health of Syedna Burhanuddin Saheb.
I am wondering as to why no body has gone to "the House of Allah" i.e. Kaaba tullah in Saudi Arabia and to the Holy Madina tul Mukarrama in Saudi Arabia to pray for the shifa of Syedna Burhanuddin.....just wondering !.

voice

Unread post by voice » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:07 pm

Alhamdolillah for pointing out the real difference between followers of Tawheed and Shirk. Firstly followers of HisHoliless are chanting praise of him by subscribing attributes of Allah swt to him and now when he is ill they are again searching for various Ilahas who never hear in graves, surah Fa`tir- verse22.

There is no harm in asking Allah`s help for him but lets learn lesson and ask for everything from Allah swt only. Two rakats of Salatul Hajat is sufficient if offered with ikhlas in comparision to all this walking and crawling and missing obligatory prayers.

May Allah swt guide all of us and lets unite on roots of Islam where there is no difference amongs any of the sects.

wassalam
voice of friend

Hussain_KSA

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:54 am

Dear Masoom,

Bohras residing in different cities of Saudi Arabia has been asked to perform Umra and rut-Jaga in Makkah and Madina. They are doing according to their convenience.

Brother Voice.

Well said. I hope and pray if every one thinks like that.

Regards

like_minded

Unread post by like_minded » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:46 am

like minded

though u r bereft of civilisation-just concentrate on a point by point debate

slaughtering a goat is a perfectly islamic practice and so is walking to a dargah

if i want to do it for prolonging the life of someone i revere it shouldnt concern u much-coz its upto an individual as to what he believes his faith is and how he wants to practice it

i have as much a right to love as u have a right to hate
but u need civility to comprehend this-get it injected from somewhere
Mutmaeen

Just for a moment, leave aside the so-called Islamic practices, and think rationally.... about slaughtering goats, do you think it is justified?? Slaughtering goats/camels to save the 97 year old Syedna??

And talking about Islamic practices.... well, followers of syedna practice everything which is contrary to islamic practices, so, don't bring up this issue in future.. because you will have no answers.

voice

Unread post by voice » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:13 pm

Allah ne Haq aur Baatil ke farq ko
dudh aur paani ki tarah saaf kar diya,
kal tak jo Dua bechne ki dukan chala rahe thein
unhein hi Dua`on ka grahak bana diya.

Humsafar

Unread post by Humsafar » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:20 pm

That's very nice, voice!!

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:25 pm

Till very recently, the people of Mumbai have been seeing scores of Hindus walking from far flung suburbs to Prabhadevi on tuesdays for a darshan at siddhi vinayak temple but now bohras have joined the bandwagon by walking to raudat tahera. Its ones own aqida and hence its would be inappropriate to comment on the matter. However I fail to understand as to why bohras (especially in Bhendi bazaar) were instructed to remove the lightings and other decorations from outside their respective flats which were installed as a mark of celebration on the event of 'Imam uz zaman sagirah', the reason being that no celebrations should take place due to the ill health of Burhanudin saab. Does it mean that the health of a ghulam is of much greater concern then his master i.e. imam uz zaman's salgirah (Burhanudin saab calls himself 'imam uz zaman no ghulam') ?

mutmaeen

Unread post by mutmaeen » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:35 am

lm

the point being raised was abt about goat slaugter being islamic or not and i comented on that thats it

if slaughtering animals was against civilisation rasul e khuda [saw] wouldnt have done so

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:01 am

Letter from Dawoodi Bohra community, Pune condemning Manoj Nair’s article
Published by DBNet Editor (sp) March 25th, 2009 in Uncategorized
Respected EDITOR
PUNE MIRROR, Times Of India, Pune

Sub: Condemn the article in Pune Mirror dated March 22,
Page 8 ‘SLAUGHTER GOATS TO SAVE SYEDNA’

CC: To
Meenal Baghel, Editor, Mumbai Mirror
Manoj Nair, reporter, Mumbai Mirror
The Collector’s Office, Pune , The Mayor Of Pune,
Commissioner Of Police, Pune

This letter is with regard to an article that was printed in your publication on Sunday, March 22 on Page 8. The article titled ‘SLAUGHTER GOATS TO SAVE SYEDNA’ written by Mr Manoj Nair is grossly incorrect. We strongly condemn the language that has been used in the article. All the undersigned members of the Dawoodi Bohra community, including intellectuals, religious heads and leading businessman, are deeply hurt by this shameful act.

The reporter Manoj Nair has written the article on the basis of a SMS that was sent by the Central office to the community asking people to pray for the Syedna and do zabihat. At the outset, we would like to clarify that we do not deny that such a text message was sent out.

However the interpretation of the word Zabihat was revolting. The author has interpreted the word as Slaughter. Islam doesn’t teach its followers to slaughter. The author had no idea of what the word meant but has simply given way to his prejudice by writing such a revolting statement. The entire Bohra community is deeply hurt and appalled at this statement.

Mr Editor, if the article had to be printed we would have appreciated if you had got the text message interpreted by an Islamic scholar or a senior member of the Bohra Ministry as is considered proper journalistic practice.
We are confident that the scholars would have explained to you that Zabihat has a deeply sacred place in our religion and does not mean slaughtering animals. You should exercise restrain before using such demeaning and harsh terminology for a deeply reverent Islamic practice that millions of Muslims follow across the world.

If you recollect Eid-ul-Adha (or Bakri Eid as it is commonly known) is a worldwide religious ceremony for offering goats to Allah. It isn’t a mass slaughter that Muslims worldwide indulge in. It has an extremely strong Islamic ground and by insulting the practice by calling it a slaughter, you’ve tread on the religious feelings of the community.

By writing such an article not only have you projected the idea that the Central Office has asked people to commit a heinous act, which is not the case, while you have projected that our community is resorting to slaughter to pray for the Syedna.

The Syedna is an Ambassador of Peace. Do you think he would advocate slaughter or any appropriate authority would do so on his behalf? Millions of people are praying all across the world for the Syedna’s health, which is fast improving thanks to the grace of Allah. A group of 250 volunteers from Pune walked to Mumbai’s Raudat Tahera on foot, the journey of 40 hours during which they prayed for our Syedna’s health. This is our method of prayer, not slaughter.

We, the Pune Bohra community are writing this letter to you, as you have hurt our feelings by using such ill befitting words at such a delicate time. We are in great distress as our Father is unwell and instead of alleviating our trauma, you have added to it, by your insensitive words.

A fit example of how people can misinterpret your article is the comments that it has generated on your website. People visiting the website have questioned the right of our beloved Syedna to live for so many years and ask for sacrifice. We abhor this act by the Mumbai Mirror to carry such sordid comments that portray our spiritual master in such poor light.

While it is the duty of a journalist to report on facts, it is important that you do not twist the truth to suit your business. You cannot misinterpret a deeply reverant practice in Islam such as zabiha and give it a name of slaughter to suit your editorial preferences.

It is especially shameful that the Mumbai Mirror, a sister publication of the Times of India, that is one of the largest and oldest newspapers in India has resorted to such tactics to ‘sensationalise news’. We had thought that better standards of journalism would be practiced in an experience publication like yours, but we have been greatly disappointed. The episode has left a sour taste amongst the Bohra community and many people would now think twice before subscribing to the newspaper that has hurt the community.

We would also request the publication to monitor the comments generated on its web edition, so that it does not hurt any community’s feeling.

We the undersigned, members of the Bohra community condemn the article printed in Mumbai Mirror and endorse this letter.

East Africawalla

Unread post by East Africawalla » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:38 am

I hear Mumbai Mirror have apologied to the Bohras. Result

Gulf

Unread post by Gulf » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:39 pm

by S. Insaf
Respected EDITOR
PUNE MIRROR, Times Of India, Pune
Have you noticed the manners given away by us ?? :)
by East Africawalla

I hear Mumbai Mirror have apologied to the Bohras. Result
JAY HO !

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:59 pm

Eastafricawala has heard, not read the apology. I called mumbai mirror, they were unaware of any apology ever rendered to bohra community.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:27 pm

East Africawalla wrote:I hear Mumbai Mirror have apologied to the Bohras. Result
Can you provide the link of apology by Mumbai Mirror ...

ozmujaheed

Unread post by ozmujaheed » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:09 pm

The Syedna is an Ambassador of Peace. Do you think he would advocate slaughter or any appropriate authority would do so on his behalf?
Defintion of hunting: Hunting is the practice of pursuing living animals (usually wildlife) for food, recreation, or trade. Food should be ruled out !

Please how silly and contradictory. Lanaats of Sunni Caliphs which he had to retract and condemnation of Progressives through regular Misaqs.

Can someone tell me what Peace initiative he has taken todate !

like_minded

Unread post by like_minded » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:34 am

Mutmaeen

I dont care whether goat slaughter is islamic or unislamic, It's for an individual to understand and be aware of this inhuman practice, no matter whoever has endorsed this practice, be it rasul or even allah! You have a mind of your own, so don't fall back upon scriptures and religious history, these things have done more harm than good.

Slaughtering goats to save a dying old man (syedna) is a shameless act!!! It doesn't demonstrate your love or faith for syedna, but instead just exposes your true self!!