Syedna Aqa Moula in Najaf : Videos

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.

JC

Re: Syedna Aqa Moula in Najaf : Videos

Unread post by JC » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:41 pm

CRAP............ :lol:

JC

Unread post by JC » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:21 am

I heard the old man's so-called Bayan at Hazrat Ali's mazar ......... man, man......!!!!!!!!

Old man did know what to read and say, he was just reading from a book in 'block letters' .... and these were supposedly 'Kalamat-e-Noorania'....... at times, the guy next to him to even turn pages for him and even tell him what to read and say. Even the guy very behind old man (may be a Sh**zada) even asked the same person what to read before starting........... so much for your bayans ...........

NO MATTER who had written, it was delivered by Burhan, so yeah, they are his words now, my questions:

1. He said to do kissing, walking bowingly, and doing sajjdas inside the mazar and with 'Khushu and Khuzu' will make Ali 'listen' to you and 'accept' your prayers. a) Khushu and Khuzu is only reserved for Allah when you present yourself to him, and it is normally used when one presents himself/herself to other human being - so why this to a dead man??!! b) How can a mortal, who has long dead, can LISTEN to your prayers and HOW can he accept it???!!!! This is totally BEYOND logic. I know orthos will say this is FAITH....... but this is NOT faith, this is foolishness....... had idol worshipping only matter of FAITH, Prophet Mohammad would NOT have brought Islam ....... Atheiests do not believe in God, that is their FAITH, are you willing to accept that faith is justified???!!!! or will argue??

2. Old man said, visiting Ali's mazar will bring you rewards same as doing Hajj ........!!!!!!!! I am shocked and have no comments here.

3. Old man said, he has donated Ghellaf with pearls and diamond on it for Ali's grave (I doubt that claim though) - what is the USE of this for a grave??????? Is this not huge and criminal waste of money which could have been used for the betterment and uplifting of bohras only????? AND that too for the mazar of Ali - who in your own words use to eat Sukhoo Jav No Attau ....... Ali was such a great man, he would even not use extras Devas in masjid......!!!!!!! and in his name you are doing such wasteful acts. Had he been alive, he would surely DIE........!!!!!!!!!

4. Last but not least, old men reads Shahadat........!!!!!!!!!

All in all, it was a pathetic show. :roll:

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:01 pm

Is this really Ali's grave?

From Wiki
According to Al-Shaykh Al-Mufid, Ali did not want his grave to be desecrated by his enemies and consequently asked his friends and family to bury him secretly. This secret gravesite was revealed later during the Abbasid caliphate by Imam Ja'far al-Sadiq, his descendant and the sixth Shia Imam.[95] Most Shi'as accept that Ali is buried at the Tomb of Imam Ali in the Imam Ali Mosque at what is now the city of Najaf, which grew around the mosque and shrine called Masjid Ali.[96][97]

However another story, usually maintained by some Afghans, notes that his body was taken and buried in the Afghan city of Mazar-E-Sharif at the famous Blue Mosque or Rawze-e-Sharif.[98]
From: http://islamweb.net/ver2/archive/articl ... &id=138448
'Ali's grave is traceless:

'Ali was honored with martyrdom at the age of sixty-three and passed five years as a caliph. Al-Hasan, Al-Husayn and 'Abdullaah bin Ja'far washed his body and shrouded him in three pieces of cloth without a shirt.

Al-Hasan led the funeral prayer. But there is a wide difference of opinion with regard to his burial ground. Some people say that he was buried in the Koofah Mosque while others say that he was buried in his house, or somewhere ten miles away from Koofah.

According to some narratives, Al-Hasan buried him at an unknown place after taking his body out of his grave anticipating an act of desecration from the Khawaarij. Still one more narrative says that his bier was carried to Al-Madeenah to bury him near the grave of Prophet . But the camel carrying the body fled away and remained traceless. Contradicting this narrative, yet another one lends support to the opinion that the camel with the body of 'Ali was traced at Tai and he was buried there. It is a wonder that the grave of such a great personality lies traceless to this day. However, the reason behind his burial at an unknown place was the Khawaarij menace.
So

mutmaeen

Unread post by mutmaeen » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:58 am

SO?

being shias we would go by what shias believe and not the deliberate rumours and canards spread by sundry and immaterial wahabis

idris.murgha

Unread post by idris.murgha » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:10 pm

WHY THERE IS NO 'IFTETAH' HAS BEEN PERFORMED TILL NOW OR IT IS DONE? ANYBODY HAVE VIDEO CLIP?

BEST REGARDS,
IDRIS T MURGHA

KUWAIT-KHAITAN
DAHOD-EVERGREEN

humble_servant_us

Unread post by humble_servant_us » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:53 am

Muslim First

How does it matter if the grave is at Najaf or not. All knowing Allah(swt) is very well aware of our niyah and HE(swt) will reward us for the same.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:21 am

How does it matter if the grave is at Najaf or not. All knowing Allah(swt) is very well aware of our niyah and HE(swt) will reward us for the same.
Dear be. Humble servents us, AS

Praying to dead saints and building monuments on their resting place is not kosher in Islam (unless you are reading different Qur'an or Sunnah). No matter what your Niyah is you are blowing empty whistle.
How does it matter if the grave is at Najaf or not.
I know Shias build 'Imam Baras" and pray there. It is like Mandir for them. And they will never understad concept of Shirk or Tauhid.

I will not waste your time. May be you have another 'Devdi' to visit.

humble_servant_us

Unread post by humble_servant_us » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:37 am

MF- walakumus salaam,
Praying to dead saints and building monuments on their resting place is not kosher in Islam (unless you are reading different Qur'an or Sunnah). No matter what your Niyah is you are blowing empty whistle.
1. The shahids (martyrs) are not dead (hope you agree with quran)

2. Agreed we should not pray to anyone other than Allah(swt). Saying salams and saluations on living and dead is not praying. Well you might agree it is Ok to do salams to living but you may have a problem with the dead. But again if doing salams to dead according to you is like blowing an empty whistle it doesn't matter because at the most our deed will go futile but it is not a sin.

3.If i ask you to pray to Allah(swt) for my need , is this shirk. On same lines we ask our holy imams(as) to pray on our behalf to Allah(swt). They are the most obedient servants of allah(swt) and if we ask them to do dua for us, surely Allah(swt) will never reject it. This is not shirk.
I know Shias build 'Imam Baras" and pray there. It is like Mandir for them. And they will never understad concept of Shirk or Tauhid. I will not waste your time. May be you have another 'Devdi' to visit.
Shias have 5 core principles of religion(usool-e-din)- Tawheed , Adalat, Nubuwat, Imamat and qiyamat and out of these Tawheed is on the top of list and everything revolves round Tawheed(the belief Uniqueness of Allah(swt). The concept of tawheed cannot be discussed on this forum. It is very easy to make allegations on a particular sect without knowing actuals about it.

mutmaeen

Unread post by mutmaeen » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:18 am

this forum is a shia-ismaili-mustali-dawoodi bohra forum.surely all of us agree to the status and ilm of syedi sadiq ali saheb-who wrote

qabro ma jeevta chhe vo bari na auliya
de chhe jawab ehne ke je koi needa kare

now does one believe and trust syedi sadiq ali saheb or does one pay heed to sundry wahabis?

Maqbool

Unread post by Maqbool » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:54 am

syedi sadiq ali saheb nasihat should be read in present time as:

duniya ma jeevta chhe vo dolat na auliya
de chhe jawab ehne ke je koi dollar thi needa kare

humble_servant_us

Unread post by humble_servant_us » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:29 am

We shias have a number of traditions from Imam Jaffer sadiq(as) ( who is also considered a great personality by the sunni imams) regarding the rewards and benefits of visitation of the graves of Imam husain(as) and other imams(as).

To further add if i had not been a shia still my rationale would not have objected the visitation of grave of imam husain(as) and imam ali(as). When I read their history, it is nothing but a complete submission to the will of almighty Allah(swt) and definitely i would have visited their graves as a mark of respect and seeking inspiration from their great lives.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:41 am

br.Humble Servents us, AS

I agree that shahids are alive in grave but are they walking, sleeping,talking etc. etc.? Are you sure they operate prayer recieving and forwarding department in grave?

It wouls be nice if we discuss this in Islam forum.

Please go and read "The ESSEY-on praying to anybody except Allah SWT", I posted here " http://dawoodi-bohras.com/forum/viewtop ... f=2&t=4265 ".

Please read and comment and discuss.

Wasalaam

humble_servant_us

Unread post by humble_servant_us » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:23 am

br.MF, WAk

if you think they are dead also, it doesn't matter we shias are asking them to present our needs to Allah(Swt) and at the most what will happen is our needs will not be presented but there is no sin being done here(where is shirk here). Atleast what will benefit us is our exhibition of love for the family of the prophet(pbuh)(ajr-e-risalat), atleast on the day of judgement we will have this accounted in our aamaals.

By the way Allash(swt) has his own ways of guidance and we do recieve guidance from Allah(Swt) through them. Their shrines are the signs of Allah(swt) and a source of inspiration and guidance to surrender to the will of Allah(swt).

By just visiting them we are recharged spiritually and want to follow on their footsteps. Don't you think this itself is a good reason to visit the. In the recitation of ziyarth of imam husain(as) we bear witness about his noble acts and say that "my heart is resigned to yours And my conduct is following example of yours ". His(as) heart and conduct was only for Allah(swt) so by being with them we want to be with the party of Allah(swt)

Bottomline is the visitation to the graves of these noble men is "to seek nearnes of Allah(swt)".

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:42 pm

It appears you did not read this:

"The ESSEY-on praying to anybody except Allah SWT", I posted here " viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4265 ".

It does not make any sense for me to argue with you. You may equally get ispired by visiting Gandhi's samadhi.

Wasalaam

canadian

Unread post by canadian » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:57 pm

Dear bro Muslim First:

you said:

" You may equally get ispired by visiting Gandhi's samadhi"

Why is it wrong to be inspired by a great man like Mahatma Gandhi? Is it because he was a Hindu?.
Lately I have not seen any Muslim person who can inspire us. Yet there are many good, great people like Nelson Mandela, Vinoba Bhave, Gandhiji, Martin Luther King, Mother Teresa, who are not so-called Mumins but who have done a lot of good in this world.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:17 am

You are correct Br. Canadian.

You do not need just Mazar of Ali or Ahle Bait to inspire you. You can be inspired by great people, nature etc. etc.

You do not have to go to Najaf or Karbala, spend your heard earned money to get inspiration and guidance of Allah SWT.

Only place a Muslim is requred to visit is Mecca for Hujj (if you can afford it).

Allah has given us Qura'n and we have Sunnah of our Prophet to guide us. We are requred to pray 5 times a day and do Dhikr-Allah in our spare moments. We are requred to do charity. This are things that lead us to piety and Taquwa.

I hope I have made myself clear.

Wasalaam

canadian

Unread post by canadian » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:10 am

Thank you, brother Muslim First

humble_servant_us

Unread post by humble_servant_us » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:32 am

MF- sa

Fyi in shia islam deeds are categorised as
Wajib- Must to do (not doing is a sin, eg Salat)
Haraam- Not to do ( doing it is a sin, eg Alcohol drinking)
Mushtahab- Recommended to do( not doing it is not a sin but doing it will get you sawab(rewards))
Makrooh- Recommended not to do( doing it is not a sin but not doing it is recommded)
Mubah-neither forbidden nor recommended, and so religiously neutral.

Haj is undoubted Wajib(if you can afford and some more conditions apply) AND Ziyarath is Mushtahab.

On same lines you can argue spend money on Zakat which is wajib, why to waste hard earned money on charity.
Allah has given us Qura'n and we have Sunnah of our Prophet to guide us. We are requred to pray 5 times a day and do Dhikr-Allah in our spare moments. We are requred to do charity. This are things that lead us to piety and Taquwa.
Agreed we need Quran and Sunnah. Ahlebait(as) are the ones who have preserved and protected the true Sunnah of the prophet(pbuh)

mutmaeen

Unread post by mutmaeen » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:39 am

very well said brother humble

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:12 am

Ahlebait(as) are the ones who have preserved and protected the true Sunnah of the prophet(pbuh)humble_servant_us
We can argue about this point till hell freezes. So let us leave it to that.

AS far as rightful leadership feom Ahl e bait is concerned here is my take.

12 vers Imam is thousands of year old and is in hiding.
Bohra Imam is in hiding and sends messages to Maulana and you know what he is doing in his name and he has introduced many innovations.
Ismaili Imam has told his Murids to abondone Salat, Saum and Hujj (Wajib for Muslim). Innovation galore!

SWasalaam

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:34 pm

Br. Humble Servents Us
AS
AND Ziyarath is Mushtahab.
Can you Quote Aya of Qur'an or a Hadith from Prophet SAW recommending that we should do Ziyarat of Pious People and declared it Mushtahab.

BTW same catogary of deeds are applicable in Sunni Islam. Remember except elevationg certain blood line and worshipping them or thru them we have same rules.

Wasalaam

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:55 pm

Brother MF Hello, I dont say assalamualaikum, because if Allah wants you safe, I need not to say anything, and if he does not want, then I can't interfere.

As you are follower of wahabi doctorine, I was wondering wherein quran it is stated that hajj is wajib. so if we are to follow quran then there is no need to go to hajj. Beside God is everywhere and he is omni present so why would anyone need to go to a square bldg which even does not resemble islamic architecture, and bowing before it.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:53 pm

Br. AC

AS

Figure out what AS means.

Anybody who does not subscribe to Shia Madhab is Wahabi. I would call myself a muslim, adherent of Qur'n and Sunnah.

Wasalaam

canadian

Unread post by canadian » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:25 pm

AC:

Further to MF's statement, may I add that in Canada I have met a lot of muslims (mainly from Caribbean countries) who are not only not wahabis but also have no idea what sunni means. Quite a few people have told me that all they know is that they are following prophet Mohammed's religion. And these muslims are very kind, generous and friendly people.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:01 pm

I dont say assalamualaikum, because if Allah wants you safe
Accountablity
Asalam U Alekum means "PEACE BE UPON YOU" and nothing to do if Allah wants you to be safe.
I have lot of respect for your postings but seems like you are getting tagged in by this Shia-Sunni-Wahabi nonesense.

mutmaeen

Unread post by mutmaeen » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:56 am

is it mentioned specifically in quran or is there any authentic hadith from rasul allah[saw] prohibiting muslims from going t ziyarats of martyrs and saints?

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:31 am

Brother AC

Hajj in Qur'an

Qur'an Sura "The house of Imran"

فِيهِ آيَاتٌ بَيِّـنَاتٌ مَّقَامُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَمَن دَخَلَهُ كَانَ آمِنًا وَلِلّهِ عَلَى النَّاسِ حِجُّ الْبَيْتِ مَنِ اسْتَطَاعَ إِلَيْهِ سَبِيلاً وَمَن كَفَرَ فَإِنَّ الله غَنِيٌّ عَنِ الْعَالَمِينَ {97}

[Shakir 3:97] In it are clear signs, the standing place of Ibrahim, and whoever enters it shall be secure, and pilgrimage to the House is incumbent upon men for the sake of Allah, (upon) every one who is able to undertake the journey to it; and whoever disbelieves, then surely Allah is Self-sufficient, above any need of the worlds.

[Pooya/Ali Commentary 3:97]
The station or the standing place of Ibrahim, the model believer in the unity of Allah, has the following points of significance (clear signs).

(1) The standing place of Ibrahim has been made the permanent religious centre of all monotheists, because his faith (belief in the unity of Allah) was perfect, an ideal for every believer.

(2) It is a sacred sanctuary. Whoso enters it is safe from the clutches of the disbelievers. It is a historic fact that all invaders who attacked this holy precinct were destroyed.

(The grandson of the Holy Prophet, Imam Husayn, was deprived of the security in Kabah in 60 Hijra by the order of Yazid bin Mu-awiyah).

(3) Pilgrimage to the Kabah to seek spiritual guidance has been made obligatory on mankind for ever. The believers shall go to Kabah to carry out the command of Allah till the day of resurrection. It should be noted that this prophecy was made at a time when the Muslims were in danger of being exterminated by their enemies.

See the commentary of al Baqarah: 196.

This institution of pilgrimage (hajj) has taken root in the lives of the Muslims. Every year a great many pilgrims come to Kabah to translate their faith into action. There is no sponsor, no convenor, no invitation, no compulsion. At Kabah, during the pilgrimage, they forget their social status, ideology, race, colour, and nationality and become a single party of the servants of Allah, dressed in a simple identical garment, standing in rows, shoulder to shoulder, before their Lord, in front of His holy house, praying to one God, in the language of the Quran, which, truly, is the everlasting miracle of the prophet of Islam, a clear sign of the victory of truth.

In the end it is made clear that one who has sufficient means must perform the hajj. Wilful neglect of this commandment of Allah amounts to the abandonment of His faith (infidelity). So he who wilfully neglects the pilgrimage does so at his own peril, and not to any hurt to his Lord, because He is independent of the worlds. He is self-sufficient. Whether the whole mankind serve Him or none observe His commandments, it makes no difference to Him whatsoever. The hajj has been prescribed for man's own good. There is no profit or gain for Him. It is an escape from the sins a man commits (and its consequences) to take refuge under the shelter of Allah's mercy.

The Holy Prophet has said:

He who wilfully does not perform the hajj shall rise on the day of resurrection in the state of infidelity, having no vision.

Hajj wipes out the sins as fire removes corrosion from the iron.

Aqa Mahdi Puya says:

(1) "Who can afford" means ability with ease concerning wealth, health and security. In the case of any adverse condition this ordinance is not applicable.

(2) Man kafara (whosoever denies) shows the importance of the pilgrimage. As the Holy Prophet has said "the able but wilful non-performer" becomes an infidel. It is a positive test of the submission to Allah's will and a sure remedy to cure the evil disease of egotism.

Also look up

Qur’an 2:97

Qur’an 22: 26-29

humble_servant_us

Unread post by humble_servant_us » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:48 am

MF- sa
Remember except elevationg certain blood line and worshipping them or thru them we have same rules.
This is a alegation, we have not elevated anyone. It is the prophet(pbuh) who has made it incumbent upon us the follow the Quran and his ahlul-bait(as). Refer hadis -e-saqlain. It is others like you who have given importance to xyz people and have given them superior posts inspite of them not deserving it.
12 vers Imam is thousands of year old and is in hiding....
You have no problem in accepting man made khalifas but you have all doubts in Allah(swt)'s appointed imams(as). You can accept the Shaitan as hidden and misguiding you but when it comes to the concept of imam hiding and guiding you, you doubt it.

shias strictly believe in Quran and sunnah. The sunnah is not as written by any tom, dick and harry in the name of prophet(pbuh) but the true one as taught and transmitted by those honest beings whose lives had been nothing but a true reflection of the prophet's life(as) (his ahlul bait(as).

No one has questioned the credibility of Imam jaffer sadiq(as) , even sunni imams call him a great imam(as) and we have got traditions of ziyarat of imam husain(as) from this imam(as). So it makes more sense to accept this sunnah of prophet(pbuh) from imam sadiq(as).

canadian, you are right prophet's(pbuh) teachings are not to categorise in shia , sunni , wahabis etc. Acknowledging the deeds and sacrifices of good human beings is also a part of being good muslim and i am sure muslims in canada if they know about sacrifices of prophet's(pbuh) family for the sake of Islam they would surely love them and achnowledge them . But unfortunately some so-called muslims have put all their hatred in the name of islam against the family of prophet's(pbuh) and even a act of salutation and salams to them is not acceptable to these people. Are these people good human beings?

JC

Unread post by JC » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:56 am

Humble Servant,

Nice post!

First of all, NO BODY questions the good deeds and great sacrifices of Ahle-Bait. Ali is regarded 4th Caliph and is as regarded as first three, so there is no discrimination here. Hussain is regarded in highest terms, nobody doubts that or questions that. Hassan/Hussain are Sardars of Jawans of Janat, Fatema is the Leader of Ladies in Janat. Our highest regards and salams to them. May Allah be happy with them.

Even the issue is NOT of Imams after Ali ZainulAbedeen ........ Imam Baqir, Sadiq, all were great ........ the issue is what is happening TODAY, how far those teachings are being preached and practiced and whos is using the names for their own sake, who is making innovations.

Had Allah wanted any kind of lineage, why he had to send 124,000 prophets ........ and why Nabowat was ended?? Why Imamat was started?? If guidance and a Leadership was required, and continously, Nabowat could have continued, and that too, God could have given Sons to Mohammad - why He did not?? Ofcourse Allah knows better!! So the divine concept of Imamat is difficult to digest that too from the linage of Ali/Hussain. This gets all the more confusing when there are more than one sons of a sitting Imam, and the Shiaism splits into groups each considering any one son as rightful Imam - so there is an in-built deficieny in the concept of Imamat. Today, there are various Shai sects, and for all except one, there is NO Imam present........ so whom to believe and trust. One has started Dai-ism in the name of Imamat and indeed there is One Imam present on earth .......... and yet, he is not acceptable to other Shias (for whatever reasons).

So, WHY is the Rightful Imam hiding??

And just a note - for Sunnis (or may be so-called Wahabis), first three Caliphs were Caliphs, the Rulers, who guided Muslims in Deen and Dunaya (right or wrong guidance is debatable). They are being 'respected' - and thats all. There are NO Saligarahs or them, No Urs of them, No tombs or mazars where they go, they are not the Wasella, they do not have any lineage who is to be considered leaders ........... no, nothing. They are part of History.

And ........Bro you cannot compare hidden Shaitan with hidden Imam. Shaitan is present since the days of Adam, to distract human race and he is NOT human, he is (or may be was) angel. He cannot come in human shape and his characteristics are totally different from Humans - he is comparable to Jebrael, Mikaeal and other angels as they belong to 'same' group of species created by God. And Shaitan is being mentioned in Quran, hidden Imam is not. There was no hidden Imam till I guess 12th Imam, and then he has suddently disappeared, this did not happen with Shaitan, and Shaitan has no lineage and yet, Shias believe Imam has lineage as he is after all mortal. So pls there is NO COMPARISON at all.