Use of the Word " Force " ,,,,

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Hades

Use of the Word " Force " ,,,,

Unread post by Hades » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:54 pm

I have read some claiming that the Bohras use force in collecting taxes or whatever you want to call them...

Do the Bohras confiscate properties or auction off personal belongings if taxes are not paid ??

anajmi

Re: Use of the Word " Force " ,,,,

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:57 pm

Yes. They confiscate emotional property. They threaten people with disrupting marriages and burials and threaten to break up families. They are a bunch of mafia thugs ruling a bunch of cowards.

who2trust

Unread post by who2trust » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:24 am

As salaam,

Well, Its best to ask the person who is not able to pay Tax. However since you have asked this question on this board, let me reply---

Few things which a normal abdes go through If Tax not paid in time----

1. He will not get "RAZA" for any family affairs like Misaq,sehra,saalgirah,marriage, burials etc.

2. He can attend majlis and can pray in masjid, however cannot eat Jaman in Jamaatkhana.

Hades

Unread post by Hades » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:31 am

anajmi wrote:Yes. They confiscate emotional property. They threaten people with disrupting marriages and burials and threaten to break up families. They are a bunch of mafia thugs ruling a bunch of cowards.
Emotional property ?? LOL

How can they disrupt marriages ?? Doesn't make sense... Also how can they disrupt " Burials " ?? Are you saying the Bohras picket the funerals of people who don't pay tax like certain Westboro loyalists do it to the funerals of US soldiers ?? :roll: :roll:

Would you hold a " DEMOCRACY " i.e. your GOVERNMENT ( Provided you do not live under a dictatorship ) who will confiscate your Property , freeze your bank accounts , take away your car, belongings and auction it of much more serious crime then one who disrupts marriages ?? LOL

If the answer to the above question is YES , then you are a coward being ruled by Mafia Thugs i.e. the Government by your own admission.....

Hades

Unread post by Hades » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:34 am

who2trust wrote:As salaam,

Well, Its best to ask the person who is not able to pay Tax. However since you have asked this question on this board, let me reply---

Few things which a normal abdes go through If Tax not paid in time----

1. He will not get "RAZA" for any family affairs like Misaq,sehra,saalgirah,marriage, burials etc.

2. He can attend majlis and can pray in masjid, however cannot eat Jaman in Jamaatkhana.
Hello " who2trust " .....

Perhaps you will be kind enough and tell me where to find such people who are not able to pay tax as you tell me to ask them ??

Firstly what is this " TAX " you talking about ??

Then I shall comment on your two points..

who2trust

Unread post by who2trust » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:39 am

Perhaps you will be kind enough and tell me where to find such people who are not able to pay tax as you tell me to ask them ??

I hope you have heard the name "SABEEL". and FYI the word TAX was used by you at the start of this thred and not by me?

Hades

Unread post by Hades » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:20 am

who2trust wrote:

I hope you have heard the name "SABEEL". and FYI the word TAX was used by you at the start of this thred and not by me?
Hi " who2trust " ... .

I take it the " Sabeel " for each person runs into a few thousands dollars per person ?? If not what is the amount for each person ??

And also when I had written tax in my OP .. I pointed towards " zakat " the Bohras give to their Syedna... The amount of " Zakat " differs from a person to person..... It depends on the income... And it is not forced upon to pay....

who2trust

Unread post by who2trust » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:29 pm

Hi " who2trust " ... .

I take it the " Sabeel " for each person runs into a few thousands dollars per person ?? If not what is the amount for each person ??

And also when I had written tax in my OP .. I pointed towards " zakat " the Bohras give to their Syedna... The amount of " Zakat " differs from a person to person..... It depends on the income... And it is not forced upon to pay....
If you are talking about Dawodi Bohra Zakat, then you should be aware that in DB's Zakat is much more than what Islam propsed on an individual---
Dawoodi Bohras pay many different Zakats as part of the religion. The Dawoodi Bohra religious establisment has seven taxes, for lack of a better English word, some of which are encouraged and others required of its members during their life-span, before birth and after death. They are as follows:
1) Sīlat-ul-Imām: Sīla literally means "keeping contact". This is supposed to be collected as an offering for a hidden Imām who will appear one day & the amount would supposedly be passed on to him.
(2) Zakat-ul-Fitra: Dawoodi Bohra tradition outlines this as a payment for the soul.Dawoodi Bohras are strictly required to pay this Zakat for every family member as it is compulsary for every Dawoodi Bohra. Even beggars are to beg to be able to pay this Zakat. The amount is fixed, and is based by the annual worth of silver.
3) Zakat-ul-Maal: This obligatory payment enjoined by the Holy Qu'rān and the Prophet Muħammad fixed it at 2.5% of ones wealth and income at the end of a year. Literally, as outlined by the Qu'rān, the amount is 1 for every 40. If a Muslim does not have more than 40 (of any currency), Zakatu l-Maal isn't required. The majority of Muslims (non-Dawoodi Bohra) give this Zakat directly to the needy and poor. Dawoodi Bohra culture and tradition outlines that the Zakat be payed from each family to the Dāˤī, who decides how the money is split and distributed.
(4) Khumus: It literally means "one fifth". As per the Qu'ran the one fifth of the war booty was to be taken by the Prophet for his family's maintenance and also for performing functions of a head of community. However, it remained prevalent among the Shia communities. The Shia used to pay one fifth of sudden gain to their Imam from the progeny of the Fatima the Prophet's daughter. The Bohras of course now pay to the high priest who is not Imam.
) Ħaqqun Nafs: It literally means "right of the soul". This is a payment given by Dawoodi Bohras to the Dāˤī at will at many times in a Bohra's life. The payment is based on multiples of 119 (of whatever currency your area uses) At death, a Bohra's family members usually pay a Ħaqqun Nafs for the deceased as an offering of gratefulness for the life the person had lived.
(6) Nazar-ul-Maqam: The Nazar Muqam for a Dawoodi Bohra is a symbol for the sight and help of Imām and his Dāˤī. Bohras believe that putting aside money or things of value as Nazar Muqam can help them in times of hardship and need. This money is then presented to , the Dai«.

(7) Salam and payment for titles : In addition to all these compulsory levy, a Bohra also has to give a personal offering to the high priest that may vary from a few dollars to a million depending on the occasion and one's financial capacity. The amount is voluntary and decided by the Bohra giving the Salam. A Bohra man or woman can be called Mulla, a prestigious title given to a dedicated Bohra. Men can also become Shaykhs, a higher title than that of Mulla. Being given these titles, a Bohra gives an offering of thanks to the DÄi«, usually a set amount.

As pointed out above, the collection of these amounts is done very efficiently and systematically. Many of the payments such as Zakat and others are considered vital to being a Dawoodi Bohra, and not paying them is looked down upon and highly discouraged. These payments, being a matter of money, are often disputed by those who see themselves as more openminded in matters of faith.

alik

Unread post by alik » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:59 am

i bet my life,hades or the abde team wil never hav the balls 2 reply directly to the above post!

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:55 pm

If the answer to the above question is YES , then you are a coward being ruled by Mafia Thugs i.e. the Government by your own admission.....
Correct. But I am less of a coward than Dawoodi Bohras (LOL!!) because I am being ruled only by one set of Mafia Thugs. I have revolted against the Kothari Mafia. LOL!!