Dream Project of Bhendi Bazar

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
aziz

Re: Dream Project of Bhendi Bazar

Unread post by aziz » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:11 am

like i said before its about adawat and nothing else
what is rich here is that the undisputed champion of lies and divertion insaap is telling us that we are diverting from the topic

aziz

Unread post by aziz » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:41 am

as for other muslims whom insaap is worried about so much ,do you think such a big project would have been undertaken without them in mind also.
like i said before his fangs are showing and true nature of a snake is coming out which can slide out of situations by running away or by biting and giving poison,this is true insaaf at his best.

aqs

Unread post by aqs » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:24 am

@Aziz,

Bro. Name calling should be strictly avoided, its not a trait of a mumin.

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:34 am

S. Insaf wrote: Let's pray for some kind of Mojiza.
We can all consider this as a fit case for a mojiza. The leaking walls and such other mojizas do not stand the test of rational scrutiny. They can be countered by the lack of mojiza where finances are concerned and the abdes call the aamils corrupt, but the Syedna cannot do anything ( does want to do anything ) about them.

Convincing Sunnis to hand over their masjids, will be a real mojiza. Let us see if they can buy their way through.

aqs

Unread post by aqs » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:37 am

Smart wrote:
S. Insaf wrote: Let's pray for some kind of Mojiza.
We can all consider this as a fit case for a mojiza. The leaking walls and such other mojizas do not stand the test of rational scrutiny. They can be countered by the lack of mojiza where finances are concerned and the abdes call the aamils corrupt, but the Syedna cannot do anything ( does want to do anything ) about them.

Convincing Sunnis to hand over their masjids, will be a real mojiza. Let us see if they can buy their way through.
Smart,

I think u missed my earlier post
Plan is not to cover whole Bhendi bazaar so only 2 Masjids of Non Bohras are getting affected and due to adamant nature of Phool wali gali or Tokra gali Masjid Imam that whole lane is not included and with kashmiri Masjid negotiations are going on for some minor structural changes, except that none of the Non Bohra Masjids or Dargah's are in the precinct of development.

and For Zainabia some swap deal is being talked about where a equal or a better property will be handed over in return of the place, and i dont think Zenabia has any historical value for Ithna Asharis so they will be happy to go towards najam baud which is there strong hold

None of the Muslims are asked to handover there Masjids or Dargahs
no one is being asked to handover any Masjid and for a singel Imambada covered under the Project, talks are going on. I dont know why Insaaf saheb is adamant tht all the Masjid's in Bhendi bazaar are getting affected, when he can very easily verify the facts with any one in Bohri Mohalla around Raudat Tahera

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:51 am

^
I have not missed your post. My post is not in response to you. Rather, you have missed my point.

Let us look at it from the Bohras belief point of view. Here we have a major project being initiated and begun not only with the razaa but the blessings of the dai, who claims to be ghaib na malik and what not.

It is clear that it did not materialise, basically due to bad planning and lack of common human foresight, let alone divine knowledge.

Now, when this matter is publicised, we have some of the concerned persons claiming a very short deadline for success. The only way, this can come about is by throwing a lot of money or a mojiza.

It is thus, that I have posited the situation as a test for mojiza. The so called self proclaimed ghaib na malik and vicegerent of Allah, who controls the entry to jannat could not foresee this EPIC failure.

Let us wait and watch. Time will prove the truth, not your convoluted arguments.

aqs

Unread post by aqs » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:49 am

^Let us wait and watch. Time will prove the truth, not your contempt for Dai.

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:53 am

The contempt is not for the dai, but for the ridiculous and exaggerated claims he and his establishment make. Just a few days remain to prove publicly, whether his razaa makes a difference to the success. Private incidents have proved that he is an epic failure. So many Bohras have failed because they acted according to his opinion, but this is a special situation, where the success or failure will be a public affair.

Once he fails, he can go about claiming "Fateh Mubin" as is the tradition.

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:10 am

The earlier 'Dream project' was that of taking control of charitable "Sir Adamji Peerbhoy Sanatorium", demolishing it and constructing a commercial public "Saifee Hospital" on its land. I was closely associated with grandsons of Sir Adamji, Advocate Abid Merchant and Mansoor Jani who fought the Sanatorium Case up to the Supreme Court of India for 30 years. It was then that I came to know the various frauds played by the criminals in holy garbs. They had played frauds with Bombay Municipal Corporation, Charity Commissioner, several banks and even with law courts and were likely to find their place in Jail. But with their power of purse they managed to skip.
But that was the case between Dawoodi Bohras for whom the Syedna and his family members are supreme and unquestionable but in Bhindi Bazar project , it is a matter between Bohras and general Muslims, whom Syedna Saheb has already antagonized and lost credit. For Bohras demolishing of Masjids and Mazars may not be serious but for Muslims it is different. The case of far-away Babri Masjid is in front of us. How can they allow some such thing happening in their locality?
Therefore it seems difficult but I am sure, with their past criminal records they will celebrate ‘Fatehe-Mubeen”, may not be now but after 10-20 years.

aziz

Unread post by aziz » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:15 am

careful again insaap fangs are showing,you cannot bear to see anything good about us dawoodi bohras so create myths and fables and lies... kindly post what your close friends at badri mahal or what some unknown bhaisahebs has told you about which masjid is going to be demolished ,do not run away please post with proof about the demolitions of masjids as this is very serious ,
or else accept that you are a big big liar

just for general info where are those who fought against the dawat in the case you mentioned in your post and their offspring are they still muslims

aziz

Unread post by aziz » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:18 am

also forgot to ask you about which mazaar has been demolished so far by us dawoodi bohras ,reply soon do not run away

aziz

Unread post by aziz » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:23 am

It was then that I came to know the various frauds played by the criminals in holy garbs. They had played frauds with Bombay Municipal Corporation, Charity Commissioner, several banks and even with law courts and were likely to find their place in Jail. But with their power of purse they managed to skip.

which close friend or bhaisaheb told you about this and if its true why have you not reported to authorities surely you a respected islamic scholar(ha ha ha) in your group whose words would carry a lot of weight,bring this criminals as you call them to courts if you have proof,

aziz

Unread post by aziz » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:00 am

insaap liar waiting for the proof about masjids and mazaars for demolition and also about the previous statement also,

aziz

Unread post by aziz » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:40 pm

still waiting liarrrr,and do not bring quotes from unknown samachars or mags which only you read

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:04 pm

Bro aziz,
You call Bro Insaf as saanp. but just look at the posts above, who is spouting venom? It is very easy to do gaali galoch and remember two can play this game. The progressives still refer to your masters with respect. If you have some modicum of culture, I would request you to refrain from the gutter language. If that is your culture, well then to each his own.

aziz

Unread post by aziz » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:52 am

I was closely associated with grandsons of Sir Adamji, Advocate Abid Merchant and Mansoor Jani who fought the Sanatorium Case up to the Supreme Court of India for 30 years. It was then that I came to know the various frauds played by the criminals in holy garbs. They had played frauds with Bombay Municipal Corporation, Charity Commissioner, several banks and even with law courts and were likely to find their place in Jail. But with their power of purse they managed to skip.

read the above statement and then say who is abusing whom and why i called him saanp,he is a big liar also taking credit from others as well

aziz

Unread post by aziz » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:56 am

if he is so clean then let him provide proof about which masjid and mazaars are going to demolished in bhendi bazaar dev,as he has claimed very very confidentely in this thread in he has even claimed that gurratul masjid saifee masjid is also part of the demolition agenda,all this is hallmarks of a snake ,bite and slither away

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:36 am

^
Their frauds are well known and most have been well documented. To call them fraudsters is not a lie. Yes, I agree with you, that he needs to post the evidence in this case, but that does not give license to you to do gaali galoch.

If you claim that you are on the right path, the "sirate mustakeem", with the true rehbar, why are you afraid of the truth? Why does this tendency to curse, even exist as a part of your culture? Everybody knows it is promoted from the top.

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:55 am

which masjid and mazaars are going to demolished in bhendi bazaar dev,as he has claimed very very confidentely in this thread in he has even claimed that gurratul masjid saifee masjid is also part of the demolition agenda
Dear aziz,
I have not used the word demolition, I had said that they are shown in where in the plans submitted. I even requested you confirm from the plans and models displayed on the internate.

In Sir Adamji Peerbhoy Sanatorium case the unholy trustees (Yusuf Najmuddin, Saleh Safiuddin, Ali Asgar Kalimuddin etc.) had shown a Bank on the place where Sir Adamji's Masjid exists and a ladies lavatory in place where Sir Adamji's Turbat exists on the plans submitted to BMC for constructing a "Modern Commercial Complex". Those plans got rejected as the unholy trustees had shown the backside Bohra graveyard as parking space, the graveyard land was BMC's property. These plans were quitely submitted to BMC for approval when the Bohras were kept busy celebrating "Ali-Day" in Bombay.

I wriring a book on the entire case exposing various shoking frauds played by the unholy trustees of Sayedna with photographs and plans after plans submitted in the court in some showing "Saifee Hospital Trust as the owner of the Sanatorium land, in some showing the Sanatorium as Nursing home for pre and post operation patients, in some including the graveyard in Sanatorium land etc.

Please do not get agiitated without knowing the facts, my personal request.

aziz

Unread post by aziz » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:32 am

For Bohras demolishing of Masjids and Mazars may not be serious but for Muslims it is different. The case of far-away Babri Masjid is in front of us. How can they allow some such thing happening in their locality?

These are no where in the plans submitted except Roza Tahera. Even Saifee Masjid (Masjid-e-Aazam) is not shown in the plans. May be because it has a recent history Lanat and apology incidents and the people concerned wants to wipe it out.

this above statements are from your posts from this thread and you have the gall to say that you have not mentioned the word demolition anywhere,you have forgoten the cardinal rule of liars that they have to have a good memory which you do not have or else maybe you think everybody else is stupid that any bullshit you spew people will just take it,after this even the lies about the sanatorium will not be believed,just quit while you have some little credibility left live your life and wait forrr you know in heart what will happen to you afterwards

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:38 pm

Dear aziz,
In your blind faith, please do not make communication with you difficult.

Syedna Taher Saifuddin Saheb's body was brought from Matheran and buried in Qasr-e-Husaini Jamatkhana in the same Bhindi Bazar. Thereafter the adjoining Noor Masjid built by Mr. Nooruddin Bandukwala and grave of the settler, Nooruddin bhai in the masjid’s compound, were demolished to construct "Roza Tahera.
If you know the history, just tell me how many Bohras except we reformists raised their voice against this un-Islamic incident? When reformists Bohras raised their voice and Maulana Muffar Husain Kachhochvi wrote articles in the Urdu newspapers exposing the wrongdoings, a small "Fatemi Masjid" was constructed to cover up the crime.

I can post the pictures of mazars of Dais of Alia Bohras being demolished in Ahmedabad by Syedna Saheb's administration for widening Qutbuddin Shaheed's makbara and the riots it sparked between two sects of Bohras in Baroda.

I have no personal enmity with any one. Nor I am going to get any reward for being critical of Syedna Saheb’s functioning. I am proud that I am born in community which is known for its religiosity, decent behavior, love and humanity and above an enterprising sprit. Allah has given me an open mind right from childhood and reasonable observing power. Also Allah had given me an opportunity to be close in contacts with Syedna Taher Saifuddin Saheb and his family. But I just can not tolerate any injustice been done to any one and I can not see this wonderful community getting degenerated at the hands of one insane and ruthless family, day by day.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:00 pm

[quote="aqs
We will get okay in a week: Syedna’s secy

/[/quote]

A week has passed but there is no sign of getting an OK from the concerned authorities as kothar has till date failed to garner support of the required minimum 70% of residents. A mojiza is awaited but that too can be delayed citing the reason that syedna is busy with the upcoming zikra bash in surat.

aqs

Unread post by aqs » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:09 pm

S. Insaf wrote: Syedna Taher Saifuddin Saheb's body was brought from Matheran and buried in Qasr-e-Husaini Jamatkhana in the same Bhindi Bazar.
Insaaf Saheb

Just a few small words in between the paragraph and the whole meaning is changed, like your use of word Jamatkhana with Qasre Husaini. Care to comment on why it was called Qasre Husaini, might be you will not remember but i will jolt your memory, it was never a Jamatkhana but a place where Zareeh Mubarak of Aqa Husain(as) was built so the name Qasre Husaini,
Thereafter the adjoining Noor Masjid built by Mr. Nooruddin Bandukwala and grave of the settler, Nooruddin bhai in the masjid’s compound, were demolished to construct "Roza Tahera.
again you have fed the twisted History, you forgot to mention that Progs tried to stop the burrial of Syedna Taher Saifuddin(aq) by contending that a body can not be buried in middle of the city where no burial ground is their, but Kothar fought back with the point that there is already a Qabr of Nooruddin bhai a dawat khidmat guzaar.
If you know the history, just tell me how many Bohras except we reformists raised their voice against this un-Islamic incident? When reformists Bohras raised their voice and Maulana Muffar Husain Kachhochvi wrote articles in the Urdu newspapers exposing the wrongdoings, a small "Fatemi Masjid" was constructed to cover up the crime.
Fatemi Masjid was always in the Plan but just because of Progressives or there sympathizers some tenants on Zenabia side specially Paya wala declined to give there shop so the size of the Fatemi masjid was restricted
I can post the pictures of mazars of Dais of Alia Bohras being demolished in Ahmedabad by Syedna Saheb's administration for widening Qutbuddin Shaheed's makbara and the riots it sparked between two sects of Bohras in Baroda.
first of all whole discussion is going on about Bhendi Bazaar project and you have brought the topic of Ahemadabad Mazaars and your sympathisers accuse that Abdes divert the topic, your sympathy for Sunni Khalifas is well documented but have you now started revering Alavi Dais also.
I have no personal enmity with any one. Nor I am going to get any reward for being critical of Syedna Saheb’s functioning. I am proud that I am born in community which is known for its religiosity, decent behavior, love and humanity and above an enterprising sprit. Allah has given me an open mind right from childhood and reasonable observing power. Also Allah had given me an opportunity to be close in contacts with Syedna Taher Saifuddin Saheb and his family. But I just can not tolerate any injustice been done to any one and I can not see this wonderful community getting degenerated at the hands of one insane and ruthless family, day by day.
best of luck with your noble endevours, just give it a thought that how come instead of numbers increasing, Progressives are struggling to bring in the second ring of leaders also who can carry on the mantel.

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:50 am

Dear aqs,
I am writing this with an assumption that you are one of the common Bohras and not a spokesman of thugs in white robs.

1)
it was never a Jamatkhana but a place whe…… re Zareeh Mubarak of Aqa Husain(as) was built so the name Qasre Husaini,
Before openly joining the Bohra Reform Movement I used stay on the second floor of Kagzi Manzil, which was opposite to Qasr-e-Husaini. I have attended numbers of Jamans in Qasr-e-Husaini, which was a two story building. On first floor there was a hall and some kind of office whereas the ground floor was used as Jamatkhana.
I had also witness a bitter battle between the goons of Kothar and some reformists who were invited along with Nomam Contractor and Husaini Sanchawala for Jaman in that Jamatkhana.

I also have photograph of late Syedna’s dead body being taken in that Jamatkhana for burial and I remember the famous Gujarati poet Abdul Husain Mareez reciting a Urdu couplet:
Laashaa mera leja ke naa virane mein dafna naa.
Paymane mein rakh kar esay mekhane mein dafnanaa

2)
……Progs tried to stop the burial of Syedna Taher Saifuddin(aq) by contending that a body can not be buried in middle of the city where no burial ground is their,
It is a blatant lie spread by Kothar. I have never come across any such incident, though I believe like all previous Dais, Syedna Taher Saifuddin Saheb should also be buried in Matheran qabrastan where he died, and not in the mist of a population.
Syedna Saheb’s wife Busaheba died in London and was buried in London. Though the Bohra tradition is to bury Dai and his family members and also subsequent Dais in a common Qubba in Bohra Qabrastan and same tradition should have been continued.
But they always do whatever is more profitable to them from commercially.

3)
…. there is already a Qabr of Nooruddin bhai a dawat khidmat guzaar.
But where is his Masjid in which compound he was buried? Again an ordinary khidmat guzar’s Qabar is there in an exclusive place like Rozat-Tahera, but Mukasar-e-Dawat Saleh Safiuddin and Dai’s own brother, Mohd. Baqir are buried in Naryalwadi Bohra Qabrastan, why?

4) …… just because of Progressives or there sympathizers some tenants on Zenabia side specially Payawala declined to give their shop so the size of the Fatemi masjid was restricted.

I just can not understand that for expounding the Roza they can demolish a few Chawls around but they conveniently restrict the size of the Masjid ‘just because some Progressives or their sympathizers, some tenants on Zenabia side specially Payawala declined to give their shop.’ Am I then wrong to say that the Syedna has never bought an inch of land on his own? He has always usurped others property for his benefit.

first of all whole discussion is going on about Bhendi Bazaar project and you have brought the topic of Ahmadabad Mazaars……….

The question was to give evidence of Masjids and Mazars broken or demolished by Syedna Saheb’s men. Today again it is a question of the Muslim Masjids and Mazars in Bhindi Bazar, which according to you have no historical significance.

just give it a thought that how come instead of numbers increasing, Progressives are struggling to bring in the second ring of leaders

As I have said earlier like Ahle-byte-Rasool the people who oppose the tyrants and oppressors always remain in minority, thousands leave them on reaching to Kufa, some more leave them on the night before day of martyrdom (Aashoora). That is why the poet has said:
Kaun apnaa hai kuchh pataa tau chale,
Kafela suye Karbala tau chale

mumin

Unread post by mumin » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:58 am

such a strong and galli galuch rebuttal from aziz indicates" daal me kuch kala hai"

aqs

Unread post by aqs » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:14 am

Insaaf saheb,

Alas you didn't made a single debatable point so a common reply to your post.

You are adamant on describing Qasre Husaini as a Jamatkhana and want to drive the point that Syedna(aq) is buried in a Jamatkhana, but you are very conveniently forgetting the importance of the place due to construction of Imam Husain(as) Zarih over there.

few chawls which were demolished but they were completely owned by Bohras and they gave readily for the expansion, and they were very well compensated for that either by giving houses in nearby building s or handsome payouts.

and As Syedna(tus) wanted to build Raudat Tahera befitting the personality of Muqaddas Moula(aq) so he was not burried in Matheran as there is a ban in Matheran on construction on this scale and so Naryalwadi is also ruled out

and when Progressives tried tooth and nail to stop the burrial of Syedna whom they ideally believe to be the Dail mutlaq Kothar faught back that there is already a qabar of Nooruddin bhai, and then a new masjid was built there and given the name Fatemi Masjid, its Syedna(tus) decision to give a new name or retain old one as this has been the case in numerous cities, between Nooruddin Bhai's qabr is still marked in sehan on the side of back door, you can notice it when next time you visit Raudat.

as you have already reserved your self as the Martyr due to failure of reform movement at least make it clear to your younger generation that as others you are also disillusioned about any worthwhile success

i am not a spokesman for any one and i hope all your replies are your personnel opinion and does not reflect on official stand of Reformists

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:03 am

Let us revert back to original subject. From the begining I was skeptical of the outcome. There are many obvious reasons. First and formost is our inherent deficiency in administering such mega projects. we do not have an independent professional body ( for all other pruposes too) to forsee and plan in a fashionable manner. Some one from the inner circle just to score points and minimize other important figure in royal family comes up with bizzare mega idea, and then goes on to implement it.
Then they try to gather some porfessional figures to give it a competent look, most of the times they could only find progressive minded professional, which otherwise they would have discarded. similar is the case with bhindi bazzar project, the architect is bohra for name sake only, some of the trustees and managers dont even wear topi and most of them dont have beard, but they are tolerated for their neccessity. We should also appreciate that most of these progressive minded professionals give them the correct advice and make them think twice and radically alter the original plan.
Such is the case with this project. As jamat itself Kothar and jamat officials have trust deficit therefore they find these people, who they and people could trust.
Having initiated this mega project without neccessary homework will result humengeous loss to our community, financial and resource wise. Even if 8 out 23 prposals were rejected, that will be a great setback. What will happen to those dwellers who have consented due to jamat pressure or by persuasion, how will they be compensated, or as usual be left in cold. What will happen to those initiaters, will they be held accountable, including immediate members of syedna saheb's family. who will be responsible for our commuinty losses.

I shall urge to all those who are involved, that for the sake of community, be transparent and have fear of god. Do not increase the sufferings of those who have already suffered at your hands.

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:21 pm

Dear aqs,

1) This is not a debate competition. This is an open forum for expressing one’s view. Whether orthodox or reformist or for matter even ulemas and even on interpretation of Book like holy Quran all of them do not think alike. Even history is misguiding, as the incidents that were taken placed are looked upon by different people differently.

I am sure there must be people from old generation like me who had participated in Jaman in Qasr-e-Husaini. There already exist Jamatkhanas in the names of “Evane-Husaini” and “Husaini Hall” in the surrounding area. I am insisting as I had participated in Jaman in Qasr-e-Husaini. How can I not believe myself?

(I am enclosing the last photograph of ground floor of Qasr-e-Husaini, which was a jamatkhana whether you like or not.)

2) Ban in Matheran and Naryalwadi near Byculla - good argument for gullible Bohras. So the Master Brain, Yusuf Najmuddin chose a most congested area of Bhindi Bazar to build a Taj Mahal like structure. The same over-populated and congested Bhindi Bazar, Syedna Saheb is now trying to redevelop. Interesting foresight I must say! Very interesting!!

3) If the Progressives had tried tooth and nail to stop the burial of Syedna, there must be some record either with BMC or Charity Commissioner or Bombay Police or some law court.

4) Do you know the earlier location and size of “Noor Masjid?

5) Yes I have seen just eight inch high qabar of Nooruddin Bandukwala in the vast sehan of Majestic Marble Mausoleum. It is retained to justify Syedna’s burial, as per your version.

6) The purpose of the Dawoodi Bohra Reform Movement is to bring awareness among suffering Bohras regarding their democratic and human rights and compel the repressive and exploitative religious regime to stop harassment, stop exploitation in the name of religion and improve the condition of the community financially and educationally.

To that extent the reformists are quite successful, as earlier militancy of refusal burial and Nikah on petty issues, stoning dead bodies, physical brutal attacks have subsided and the regime has learned to provide some help in the name of Qarde-Hasnat. This board is an indication, more and more people are having courage to raise their voices now. So there is no cause for disillusionment. The reform in our community has become an uphill task because the entire system of Dawat has gone in the powerful selfish hands.

7) Good to know that you stand for yourself and not a slave of any blind faith.

aqs

Unread post by aqs » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:45 am

Insaaf Saheb,

you are going in a tangent and i cant comply,

and FYI i very well know the size of old masjid(where Fatemi Masjid is) it could accommodate around 10-11 saf, which today also can be seen due to marked boundary, in our faith once a Masjid always a Masjid

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:36 am

Dear aqs,
Any idea why lately Jamatkhanas are given the fancy Arabic name of "Movaid" (though such name is not found in Arabic dictionary) and all Dawoodi Bohra Jamats everywhere are given the Farsi name "Anjuman"? Why this allergy with the names like Jamatkhana and Dawoodi Bohras.