Yaum al Mab'as

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
admirer

Yaum al Mab'as

Unread post by admirer » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:12 pm

Salaam,

I'd appreciate if anyone can shed some light on the significance of Yaum al Mab'as..

mumin

Re: Yaum al Mab'as

Unread post by mumin » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:16 pm

another program to make sure that the sheep come to graze where they can be slaughtered and do not get educated in greener pastures.

admirer

Unread post by admirer » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:04 pm

Thanks for the enlightenment bro Mumin.

It is a shame that no one could post a proper reply to my query. Had it been some non sense abt vajebaat or something, both the orthos and progs would have fought it out.

bensaheba

Unread post by bensaheba » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:55 am

Dear Admirer: Sorry to see no one responded to your query as there are a lot of intelligent people here who know a lot more than I do. But let me try. Maba'as word is derived from the word Ba'asa which means to raise or elevate. in namaaz we say Ba'asa haqqun which means Allah will raise us after we have been dead. On Maba'as day Mohammed Rasoolullah was raised from an ordinary person to the status of a Rasool. and that was the day when he had the vahye of "Iqra" in the cave of Hira. Maba'as was several years ahead of Lailatul Meraj. in this night of Meraj Rasoolullah SA was transported from Mecca to Baitul Muqqadas where he lead the imamat namaz for 124,000 previous anbiyas and then he travelled to the seventh heaven on Buraq,be iznillah and returned.
Allah forgive me, and people correct me if I am wrong in expressing my thoughts.

admirer

Unread post by admirer » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:45 pm

Thanks a lot. That is really appreciable!