Inter-sect marriage in Dawoodi Bohra

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
mystique

Inter-sect marriage in Dawoodi Bohra

Unread post by mystique » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:38 am

Assalaam O Aalaikum Wa Rehmatullah Wa Barakatuh, Dear Brothers & Sisters!
I want to know what do the dawoodi bohra's marital laws say about inter-sect marriage? What is the difference between shia's & dawoodi bohra's?
As I am a sunni muslim girl, if I want to marry a dawoodi bohra boy do I have to first convert officially to the dawoodi bohra sect or no?
Is it compulsory to participate in fitna & mourning during the mohram?
Khuda Hafiz!!

incredible

Re: Inter-sect marriage in Dawoodi Bohra

Unread post by incredible » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:54 am

mystique wrote:Assalaam O Aalaikum Wa Rehmatullah Wa Barakatuh, Dear Brothers & Sisters!
I want to know what do the dawoodi bohra's marital laws say about inter-sect marriage? What is the difference between shia's & dawoodi bohra's?
As I am a sunni muslim girl, if I want to marry a dawoodi bohra boy do I have to first convert officially to the dawoodi bohra sect or no?
Khuda Hafiz!!

if u think Muharram is fitna better get some abu bakar or usmaan from sunni sect,dawoodi bohra wont sustain with you.

mukhlis52

Unread post by mukhlis52 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:09 am

mystique wrote:Assalaam O Aalaikum Wa Rehmatullah Wa Barakatuh, Dear Brothers & Sisters!
Khuda Hafiz!!
Salam. As you are asking about the laws of the dawoodi bohra marriage system, i shall quote the laws given in the primary bohra source of law, the Kitab Da'aim ul Islam, by Syedna AlQadi AlNoman (R. A.).
In the Bab al Nikah, he quotes Al Imam Mohammad Al Baqir (A. S.) who states thus 'marriage within the community is the first choice and the best choice and the closest in acceptance unto Allah (A. Z.). Then, if none from the community is found, the next option is of those who are not as strong in their faith, from among those who do not love their Imams, but neither do they hate them. This category is better than those who hate the Imams....till here.
Today, to avoid family problems and to attain uniformity in social community gatherings, the rule of takin the Misaaq, thereby officially becoming a bohra, is taken into mandatory consideration, although it is not all the time when the female converted counterpart attains loyalty to the new religion. This is generally when the convert has taken the Misaaq for the sake of marriage, not the religion.

mystique

Unread post by mystique » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:33 pm

@ Mukhlis52,
Assalaam O Aalaikum Wa Rehmatullah W Barakatuh,
Thankyou, dear brother........!!
I do not believe in differentiating in the name of sect, firstly Allah, the exalted will alone judge us according to our beliefs & deeds & he is all knower!
So, by the information provided by you I think I can marry a dawoodi bohra boy without converting to the sect. Khuda Hafiz! :D

@ Incredible,
Hey, as i informed you firstly that im a sunni muslim girl & here because i don't know much about dawoodi bohra sect, i'm not intented to harm your religious sentiments, got it? You are an ignorant rude person, read my post clearly "fitna & mourning during mohram" are divided with a conjunction that means they are not same words!
Go & learn high school grammar again!! Stupid! :evil:

incredible

Unread post by incredible » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:39 pm

mystique wrote:@ Mukhlis52,
I do not believe in differentiating in the name of sect, firstly Allah, the exalted will alone judge us according to our beliefs & deeds & he is all knower!
So, by the information provided by you I think I can marry a dawoodi bohra boy without converting to the sect. Khuda Hafiz! :D

@ Incredible,
Hey, as i informed you firstly that im a sunni muslim girl & here because i don't know much about dawoodi bohra sect, i'm not intented to harm your religious sentiments, got it? You are an ignorant rude person, read my post clearly "fitna & mourning during mohram" are divided with a conjunction that means they are not same words!

why are u getting personal? i know u are sunni so whats wrong with abu bakar and usmaan? lol may be u will like to visit this website to know more about ur three respected khalifa

www.abubakr.org

Al-Uqul

Unread post by Al-Uqul » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:51 pm

mystique wrote:@ Mukhlis52,

@ Incredible,
the marriage of a Sunni girl to a shia man is halal,but not the otherway around per orders of our Imams(a.s)

wasalam

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:17 pm

And remember, as per the recent postings of La Uqul, these Imams have a higher status than the prophet (saw). So we know what we need to do to this religion right? Throw it in the dustbin in its entirety.

mukhlis52

Unread post by mukhlis52 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:37 am

the imams do not have any status higher than the Prophet peace be upon him. The status of imam is lower than the status of naatiq, or nabi and the asaas, or wasi. Maulana Ali is wasi according to the dawoodi bohra faith. Imam hasan is the first Imam followed by 9 imam in satar and 10 in zuhur and imam taiyeb in both, satar and zuhur.

incredible

Unread post by incredible » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:42 am

anajmi wrote:And remember, as per the recent postings of La Uqul, these Imams have a higher status than the prophet (saw). So we know what we need to do to this religion right? Throw it in the dustbin in its entirety.
what ever u are smoking seems its working.

Al-Uqul

Unread post by Al-Uqul » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:15 pm

anajmi wrote:And remember, as per the recent postings of La Uqul, these Imams have a higher status than the prophet (saw). So we know what we need to do to this religion right? Throw it in the dustbin in its entirety.
Adultery,it must burn This forum. shia sunni nikah,reminds u of some sin maybe? and that is not what i beleive,thats a agha khani site,and i am meerly sought clarification.

saif

Unread post by saif » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:03 am

CORRECTED: Please ignore the previous post. Thanks

Be aware!! those non-bohris or non-muslims contemplating getting married to a non-progressive Bohri:

(i) If you are a female, be ready to get your "clit slit" - get the illegal and cruel female genital mutilation done on your sensitive and pleasure -deriving vaginal orfice, before your Misaq or Nikah. The jamaat also asks for a medical verification. The sole purpose is to deprive a woman of their god-given rights of sexual pleasure at the expense of injury, disability and or death, in some cases - as the procedure is usally done by a non-professional neighbourhood "maasi".

(ii) The male has to get the penis circumsized and again medical verification is required before the Misaq or Nikah

(iii) Misaq or oath of utmost and blind allegiance must be taken/given before the Nikah so that you give up all your material, moral and thinking rights to the Dai-ul-Mutlaq by a solemn undertaking.

(iv) Whether you are a male or female non-Bohri and egardless of whether you become a Bohri by Misaq, one has to sign an undertaking to give up all your rights to your issues/offspring - children born from the wedlock - when a divorce takes place. Mind you you haven't even gone through your nikah/nuptials yet, and they are already preparing your for the eventual divorce.

Lately they even want you to go to a lawyer or a Notary Public to get this document notarized and witnessed to make it look credible and legitimate. Any lawyer or a solicitor will tell you that this document, obtained under force and duress, is NOT worth the paper written on. However, they will get you a Bohri lawyer who is prepared to conduct the service for a fee and under the pretext of khidmat to the Dai.

Ofcourse, the male or female has to adhere to the komi/libas/fancy dress under the name of RIDAA and STD - saayo, Topi and Dadhi (beard) before or during ans sometimes after the Nikah.

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:42 pm

Is it compulsory to participate in fitna
Can you please clarify what do you mean by participating in fitna?

mukhlis52

Unread post by mukhlis52 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:14 pm

the word is used as a terminology expressing the act of bukaa and maatam.

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:59 pm

Maybe, but it still does not explain why it is called fitna...

Al-Uqul

Unread post by Al-Uqul » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:25 pm

Aarif wrote:Maybe, but it still does not explain why it is called fitna...
They do not understand that even Christian theologians support Matam -e-husaini because it is a Revolutionary stance.this si why shias are described by westerners as''active''and sunis as ''passive''.
http://imamshirazi.com/al-hussain.pdf ''Imam Hussain a sacrifice for mankind'''he has interviews with christian preachers and other sociologists on the Benefits of matam.both pyshcically aswell for ma comunnity.the followers of yazid cannot comprehend this factor.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:07 pm

low-Uqul said
the followers of yazid cannot comprehend this factor.
Brother

I do not understantd why you insist on insulting 85% of Muslims while making your point about Maatam. For Muslims who follow Qur'an and sunna, personalities good or bad has no meaning.

Maatam has no vertue which requires comprihension.

Wasalaam

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:41 pm

They do not understand that even Christian theologians support Matam -e-husaini because it is a Revolutionary stance.
And how many of these Christian theologians attend shia majalis and participate in Matam-e-husaini? How many of them have actually converted to shiaism?

Al-Uqul

Unread post by Al-Uqul » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:03 pm

Muslim First wrote:low-Uqul said
the followers of yazid cannot comprehend this factor.
Brother

I do not understantd why you insist on insulting 85% of Muslims while making your point about Maatam. For Muslims who follow Qur'an and sunna, personalities good or bad has no meaning.

Maatam has no vertue which requires comprihension.

Wasalaam
sunis also participate in matam.especially sufis.i do not understand ur Lack of respect for shias religion.i will respect the Bakri/yazidi sect when u respect us.i was refering to Salafis.i guess u akcnowledge u love yeazid!cant keep putting my hand out when u keep trying to bite it off.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw4HLqLSZLI Salafi Wahabi Rabbi declares Imam Hussein (as) is a SINNER