Muslim Barbarism during Eid al-Adha

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
porus

Muslim Barbarism during Eid al-Adha

Unread post by porus » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:02 am

I wish Eid Mubarak to all Muslims.

For me, the festival is marred by the screams of millions of goats, sheep and camels whose throats will be slit for the occasion.

‘Sacrificing’ animals for Eid is one command I would gladly not follow. I have never reconciled myself to the Quranic view that shedding blood of an animal in joyous celebration is in fact a demonstration of submission to almighty God.

To my 21st century sensibility, this is so barbaric!

Humsafar

Re: Muslim Barbarism during Eid al-Adha

Unread post by Humsafar » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:22 am

I agree. Here is an interesting article on the subject:
An Islamic perspective against animal sacrifice

Sajid Zafar

Unread post by Sajid Zafar » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:26 am

This is what Muslims inherited from pagans. I fail to understand millions of dollars spent on buying sacrificial animals, cannot be spent on the welfare and betterment of impovered Muslim communitiesof.

Why only muslim does this ritual when the same chrolonolgy of events is shared by Muslims, Christians, & Jews with the exception of a person under knife (Jews & Christirans beleives that Ishaq or Issac was taken by Ibrahim for sacrifice).

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:11 pm

It is a "sacrifice". You have to sacrifice your sensibilities for the sake of Allah. Of course, this is only for those who believe in Allah. People with 21st century sensibilities find it hard even to believe in Allah if the evidence cannot be produced like a baseball out of the pocket.

Besides, when you sacrifice the animal you are asked to donate a third of the meat to those who cannot afford it. When during the rest of the year do you donate a third of your meat to the poor? Orphanages in India cannot wait till eid-al-adha because the kids get to eat meat. This is from personal experience. So do a lot of others who cannot afford meat the rest of the year.

I am assuming that those who have 21st century sensibilities get to eat meat without killing animals!!

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:38 pm

Just give the money to orphanages,they can buy meat on regular basis.This gives chance for the animal to multiply.Without refrigeration a lot of meat is spoiled makes it even more wasteful and senseless.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:00 pm

seeker,

Did you ever give gifts to your children? Why? Why didn't you just give them the money instead? Meat gets spoiled because of carelessness. It happens irrespective of whether it is eid or not.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:47 pm

I forgot to mention one important thing.

Animals scream and shed blood only when sacrificed by Muslims on Eid al-adha for the sake of Allah. On other days when they are killed, to fill your own tummies, they neither scream nor shed blood.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:15 pm

‘Sacrificing’ animals for Eid is one command I would gladly not follow.
What does porus have to say about the other commands of Allah?

Salaah. He says that it is a ritual that prophet performed and others do not need to follow him.

Zakat. He says that the Quran has not mandated zakat.

Fasting. It is a ritual. No need to do it.

Hajj. He says that when he went for Hajj, he didn't feel anything. Another senseless muslim ritual.

So much for the one command that he would gladly not follow.

Shahu

Unread post by Shahu » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:37 pm

Qurbani - Cease!

Blood sacrifice = Qurbani is a pagan ritual. Cease!

EID-UL-ADHA: THE MANMADE, IMAMIST ANIMAL SACRIFICE
Muslims become a laughing stock and waste billions of dollars every year when they slaughter animals, generally on streets. This pagan practice is nowhere ordained in the Qur’an.

Slaughtering millions of animals on a single day grievously hurts the productivity of potential animal generations, an important food and industrial resource.

Udhia = Qurbani = Animal Sacrifice. Blood sacrifice is strictly a Pagan and Biblical ritual supposed to please God. He does not prescribe it at all. Only camels may be slaughtered at Hajj, and only in Makkah for the pilgrims to host one another (22:36). NAHR strictly refers to the sacrifice of a camel.

IS ANIMAL SACRIFICING THE COMMEMORATION OF HAZRAT IBRAHIM? There is a rampant belief among Muslims that they slaughter animals, sheep, goat, cow, camel in memory of Ibrahim's a. s. attempted slaughter of his son Ismail a.s. - That Allah saved Ismael a. s. by replacing him with a ram sent from heaven. Does Allah play games with His servants? How much more Biblical can one get?

THE MOMENTOUS SACRIFICE - NO RAM, NO ANIMAL:
37:102 And when he was old enough to strive along with him, Abraham said, “O My dear son! I have a vision that I must give you to a life of test and tribulation for a Noble cause. So look, what do you think?” He said, “O My father! Do what you are commanded. God willing, you will find me of the steadfast.” [‘Zibh’ & ‘Zabh’ = Sacrifice = Disregarding comfort for a Noble cause]

37:103 As both of them had surrendered themselves (to Allah), he made Ismail prostrate on his forehead in gratitude. [Contrary to popular tradition Abraham never envisioned or intended to slaughter his son]

37:106 This was indeed a Trial, clear in itself.
[Leaving the prestigious office of Chief Priesthood in Babylon and now the comfort of Syria for the wilderness of the valley of Makkah]

37:107 We exchanged his life for a Momentous Sacrifice. [Please notice here the absence of the Biblical and the traditional myth of a 'ram' sent from the heavens. Also, note that slaughtering of a sheep or goat, by no means, can be considered a Momentous Sacrifice. 14:37, 37:102]

2:204 Among mankind there is he whose chatter on worldly affairs dazzles you, and he keeps swearing by God about what is in his heart. And he is exceedingly skillful in contending for his viewpoint. [2:8-12]

2:205 But as soon as he attains power he goes all out spreading corruption on earth. His authority results in destruction of creation, the produce of land, and labor, and the damage he does affects generations, whereas God does not love corruption and disorder.

Donate the "Qurbani" funds to a needy person.

http://www.ourbeacon.com/cgi-bin/bbs60x ... 3119158520

incredible

Unread post by incredible » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:11 pm

read surah haj where Allah says nor the blood or meat reaches to Allah but its the pity from u which reaches to Allah,Allah ordained to slaughter cow in surah bakara.qurbani is to show respect and tawhid to Allah subhanu.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:53 pm

This is one place where God asked for human sacrifice.I am glad it did not proceed.So if you look at the start point it was suppose to be human sacrifice and then music changed.On a personnel note I would be a vegetarian if I had to slaughter my own animal every time I wanted to eat meat.Its hard to kill someone who caused you no harm.Thank god for kassaie.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:09 am

Which demonstrates nothing but your own hypocrisy. As long as someone else is willing to do the deeds you consider as dirty you are ok wih deriving the benefits. You are a hypocrite in pretty much everything aren't you.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:05 am

on eid ul adha, while millions of goats, cows and camels will be sacrificed, bohras are being slaughtered by their clergy. it is another occasion for the ruthless mercenary kothar to cut their throats, whilst emptying their pockets of every last penny.

Allah spared his prophet from sacrificing his son, but the dai and his family have no such mercy or compunction in looting their gullible sheep and then slitting their throats open.

Eid Ul Adha for bohras shud be an occasion for mourning. here is an entire community held in bondage, fleeced of their wool, made to bleat in unison "ghanu jeevo, sajda tujhe wajib hai," and other such mournful dirges, and then when too emaciated even to stand, slaughtered without mercy. even a decent burial is denied to their flesh-stripped bones if they dare to make a yip of protest..

wah bhai wah, sacrificial lambs celebrating bakri eid ???? i can't imagine a greater irony or naivette' than this... :cry:

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:13 pm

A Bakra singing :

"Kar chale hai fida
Jaan-o-tan saathiyo,

Ab tumhare hawale
Mutton saathiyo".

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:45 pm

bro. gm, that was hilarious. :mrgreen: