Let's Get Personal !

Lighten up a little and talk about movies, music, books and recipes and more... this forum provides the flip side to the intense and serious discussion taking place in other forums. No topic is off-limit here so long as it is within the accepted norms of decency and decorum.
Jojo

Let's Get Personal !

Unread post by Jojo » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:06 am

Dear all,

Although not an active participant, I have been following this forum for many years now and it has helped me immensely in clarifying my ideas and convections.

As I travel frequently for work, I would like to meet up with like minded individuals, sit and have a cup of coffee somewhere and get to know each other personally. Open minded individuals interested in such an encounter (wrong word, I know!) may please P.M. me, informing of country of residence and contact details.

Hope to hear from as many of you as possible. Wassalam.
P.s. I am male, 42 y, and in the middle east.

anajmi

Re: Let's Get Personal !

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:04 pm

I've been thinking about this for a long time. I sometimes wonder what it would be to meet people like Humsafar, porus, Muslim First, omabharti and the others in real life. Although I don't think I would be giving out my details to meet you jojo.

Jojo

Unread post by Jojo » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:27 am

Well, I'm struggling to understand why so much reluctance in meeting LIKE MINDED individuals. I do understand the privacy issue to some extent but then a little risk is perhaps well offset by potentially rewarding and satisfying relationships. Or no?

The crux of the matter is that this board is frequented by many well read, highly intellectual and original thinkers and it is precisely these type of people that for me at least, is difficult to come across in our local jamats.

Let's see how we can work around this issue.

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:34 pm

I've been thinking about this for a long time. I sometimes wonder what it would be to meet people like Humsafar, porus, Muslim First, omabharti and the others in real life.
Just on a lighter note what would happen if you will meet Fatwa Banker in real life?

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:54 pm

Nothing different. I still get to slap him around.

mumin

Unread post by mumin » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:01 pm

bro jo, it is no big secret. if you want to meet like minded people ,keep your eyes and ears open next time you go to jamat. they are plentiful. they are the thinking type and are well aware of the doings of the local goonda committee and their leader.

Fatwa Banker

Unread post by Fatwa Banker » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:08 am

Aarif, after Anajmi meets me he will refer to me on this board as Fatwa Banker (may Allah be pleased with him) :wink:

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:06 pm

Anjami
See your PM