nazrul makam

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
labbaikyaHussain

nazrul makam

Unread post by labbaikyaHussain » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:56 am

In the name of Allah almighty...

I have this serious question about nazrul makaam,as far as i know nazrul makam is suppose to be spared in the name of IMAM if a person is in some kind of trouble or he wants his problems get sorted out.
and this money is suppose to be handed over to IMAM right?

in the absence of Imam Dai is suppose to take this amount.but isnt this amount shud be handed over to Imam when he comes back?

so does it means that Dai is holding all this money with him and waiting for Imam to come back and hand over all these money?

I personally have stopped taking out any money in the name of nazrul makaam coz i am sure this money dont reach to Imam in any case infact gets dump some were in swiss bank account.

but i would like to know what people thinks about it.

ps-Miya bhai and alike stay away and do not derail my thread with your bull shiit.this questions is for dawoodi bohra and shia brothers.

Muslim First

Re: nazrul makam

Unread post by Muslim First » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:36 am

ps-Miya bhai and alike stay away and do not derail my thread with your bull shiit.this questions is for dawoodi bohra and shia brothers
I like to be polite to you but since you used abusive word BS please note the following.

Ye forum tere Baap ka nahi he. Teri BS kahi aur le ja.

Wasalaam from Miya Bhai

labbaikyaHussain

Unread post by labbaikyaHussain » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:38 am

Muslim First wrote:
ps-Miya bhai and alike stay away and do not derail my thread with your bull shiit.this questions is for dawoodi bohra and shia brothers
I like to be polite to you but since you used abusive word BS please note the following.

Ye forum tere Baap ka nahi he. Teri BS kahi aur le ja.

Wasalaam from Miya Bhai
Miya bhai,

rabid dog dont u understand civilized language? I think u dont.any ways this forum have pet u from years so cant do any thing about it.

fearAllah

Unread post by fearAllah » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:40 am

labbaikyaHussain wrote:In the name of Allah almighty...

I have this serious question about nazrul makaam,as far as i know nazrul makam is suppose to be spared in the name of IMAM if a person is in some kind of trouble or he wants his problems get sorted out.

in the absence of Imam Dai is suppose to take this amount.but isnt this amount shud be handed over to Imam when he comes back?

so does it means that Dai is holding all this money with him and waiting for Imam to come back and hand over all these money?

I personally have stopped taking out any money in the name of nazrul makaam coz i am sure this money dont reach to Imam in any case infact gets dump some were in swiss bank account.

ps-Miya bhai and alike stay away and do not derail my thread with your bull shiit.this questions is for dawoodi bohra and shia brothers.

Nazarul makam was invented by Taher Seifuddin, i dont think it was meant to go for the Imam when he announced the advent, it was just a genious thinking to claim additional tax from we poor bohoras, Nazarul Makam is never mentioned in the Quran and Hadiths, nor in Najhal Balagha the great kitaab of Moulana Ali, Nor it was mentioned ny Syedna Hatim nor other great Dais, only a recent invention/fabrication in the name of religion just like sajda, kadambosi and wadhawanu to control mind of us.

labbaikyaHussain

Unread post by labbaikyaHussain » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:44 am

fearAllah wrote:
labbaikyaHussain wrote:In the name of Allah almighty...

Nazarul makam was invented by Taher Seifuddin, i dont think it was meant to go for the Imam when he announced the advent, it was just a genious thinking to claim additional tax from we poor bohoras, Nazarul Makam is never mentioned in the Quran and Hadiths, nor in Najhal Balagha the great kitaab of Moulana Ali, Nor it was mentioned ny Syedna Hatim nor other great Dais, only a recent invention/fabrication in the name of religion just like sajda, kadambosi and wadhawanu to control mind of us.
Shia do spare money in the name of Imam calling it Imam nazar,but they give it to poors in the name of Imam.

fearAllah

Unread post by fearAllah » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:48 am

labbaikyaHussain wrote:
fearAllah wrote:
Shia do spare money in the name of Imam calling it Imam nazar,but they give it to poors in the name of Imam.
Thats the best way to do it, Islam is all about humanity

labbaikyaHussain

Unread post by labbaikyaHussain » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:59 am

fearAllah wrote: only a recent invention/fabrication in the name of religion just like sajda, kadambosi and wadhawanu to control mind of us.
I beg to differ here...these things dont seems to be a recent innovations.

sajda=qazi noman have mention about it in his books it means bohras are doing sajda to Imam and DAI from years and ages.

Kadambosi=we hear in stories that how a village person came from so far away place to meet Imam and do his kadambosi.so it looks this is also going on from years and ages.

wadhawanu=this seems to be added in bohra tradition when dawat came to India.most bohras are hindu converts and wadhawanu seems to be added in bohra culture by these brahmins.and no Dai opposed this tradition.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:05 am

rabid dog dont u understand civilized language?
You have to start with civilized lanfuage to get civilized answer,not like "ps-Miya bhai and alike stay away and do not derail my thread with your bull shiit.this questions is for dawoodi bohra and shia brothers"

You could have said " ps-Please do not derail my thread .this questions is for dawoodi bohra and shia brothers"

And you would have got civilized answer.

Nazar, Minnat and Superstician has no basis in Qur'an or Sunnah. But unfortunately is practicesed by Muslms of all sects.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:43 am

Thats the best way to do it, Islam is all about humanityfearAllah
Br fear Allah, this may help
http://www.islamhelpline.net/node/7933
Labbajk
rabid dog dont u understand civilized language
Promise you, I will not call you "Gutter ka Dukkar"

porus

Unread post by porus » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:05 am

نذر المقام (nazar al-maqaam)

This term is best understood as:

نذر صاحب المقام علية السلام (nazar saheb al-maqaam a.s.)

In English, 'nazar' is called 'votive offering'. It is money or other valuables offered to ward off evil or to gain favor from supernatural forces.

For Bohras, it is 'Offering of money to Maqaam-na Saheb, Imam/Dai' for a similar purpose. It is almost the same as 'mannat' except that offering for 'mannat' depends, I think, on the successful outcome of the event for which 'mannat' is pledged. Whereas 'nazar' is offered with no expectation of success.

"Mannat" does not always involve setting money aside for "Maqaam-na Saheb". It could a pledge for umra or for feeding your jamaat etc.

Needless to say, this superstition is widespread throughout the world and has a very ancient history. Search for "votive offering" or "votive offering in Islam".

And of course, the unscrupulous take advantage of the gullible! :roll:

fearAllah

Unread post by fearAllah » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:51 am

Muslim First wrote:
Thats the best way to do it, Islam is all about humanityfearAllah
Br fear Allah, this may help
http://www.islamhelpline.net/node/7933
Thanks bro Muslim, very useful, i didnt believe in nazar mukam anyway but thought if someone accumulates it for the sake of helping the poor then its a good cause, but the info u provided clarified everything even more, thanks, learned something new today :-)

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:55 pm

The amount of nazrul-makam accumulated by bohras is handed over to the dai once in a year during ramzan under the heading 'wajebat'.

Now when the dai himself takes out nazrul-makam, where does it go ???

Ans:- He removes it from his right pocket and puts it back in his left pocket. :)

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:29 pm

BR GM

What is formula of determining Nazar Makaam amount?

stranger

Unread post by stranger » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:43 am

Muslim First wrote:BR GM

Bro MF,
There is no formula or nothing. Its totally depends on you, on your wish. It can be even 1 Rs. or 50 Rs. Or whatever amount you wish to.

stranger

Unread post by stranger » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:06 am

The ‘vow’ that perhaps some people make with Allah that ‘if so and so thing is done I will do so and so…’ is what is known as a ‘nadhar’ (vow) in Fiqh or Jurisprudence terminology. The Messenger of Allah (saws) discouraged the believers from making such ‘nadhar’ or vows, for the truth is that the vow itself has absolutely no bearing on what has already been Decreed and Determined by Allah Subhanah!

This is what is said about mannat. .Nazrul Mukam is different to that.. .As porus stated earlier :-
It is almost the same as 'mannat' except that offering for 'mannat' depends, I think, on the successful outcome of the event for which 'mannat' is pledged. Whereas 'nazar' is offered with no expectation of success.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:05 pm

Muslim First wrote:BR GM

Bro Muslim First,

As Bro stranger rightly pointed out, the amount depends upon how many times a bohra has pledged nazar mukam in a year i.e. bohras take this mannat of nazar makam for almost anything that they do, like starting a new business, going on a journey, keeping nazar makam in their tijori or vault in order that the valuables are safe guarded or for a sick person hoping for his speedy recovery etc etc. It is just like mannat but having a different name and a different entity to which it is offered.

When bohras go to give wajebat during ramzan they are given a 'wajebat form' in which there are various headings like zakat, sila fitr, sabeel etc. etc alongwith nazar makam. Since many many years, money was taken during wajebat payment in the name of saifee hospital also, its anyones guess as to the crores that have been collected since many years for saifee hospital and not to forget the famous dohadwala who gave a single cheque of Rs.52 crores for the same. During wajebat payment it sometimes so happens that certain bohras dont have any money kept with them on account of nazar makam because many dont believe in this concept and hence dont take mannat of nazar makam. Even then the bohra is told "Nazar makam ma kitli rakam lakhso", the poor man has no choice but to give nazar makam even though he has not pledged the same at all.

stranger

Unread post by stranger » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:26 am

Bro MF,

Its like
1. Suppose you've lost something and coudn't able to find then you can keep nazrul Makam for it.
2. Suppose you are travelling out or going for some good purpose, then you can keep nazrul makam for it.
3. Suppose you've making a risky move and concerend ab safety, then you can keep Nazrul mukahm for it.

Donno about poeples out here but I believes in it and it did worked for me numerous times, infact everytime.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:38 am

1. Suppose you've lost something and coudn't able to find then you can keep nazrul Makam for it.
2. Suppose you are travelling out or going for some good purpose, then you can keep nazrul makam for it.
3. Suppose you've making a risky move and concerend ab safety, then you can keep Nazrul mukahm for it.

4.Suppose we keep Nuzarul=Makam,and send you to a Ivy League University.