name of Mufaddal in book?

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
labbaikyaHussain

name of Mufaddal in book?

Unread post by labbaikyaHussain » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:12 am

In the name of GOD almighty....

I remember few years back some amil stated in his waez that we have a book in dawaat which is written by maula Ali and he has written name of all DAI in his book which will come untill the Imam makes zuhoor.

is these true?name of 53rd dai is mentioned in this book?

stranger

Re: name of Mufaddal in book?

Unread post by stranger » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:37 am

labbaikyaHussain wrote:In the name of GOD almighty....

I remember few years back some amil stated in his waez that we have a book in dawaat which is written by maula Ali and he has written name of all DAI in his book which will come untill the Imam makes zuhoor.

have you really heard it from an aamil in his waez Or just created a thread here to invite comments ?

porus

Unread post by porus » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:40 am

labbaikyaHussain wrote:.. we have a book in dawaat which is written by maula Ali and he has written name of all DAI in his book which will come untill the Imam makes zuhoor.

This is 100% true. What book does Da'awat not have? So, when Sayedna's sons came along he named one of them according to the name assigned in the book for the 53rd Dai. It is clear that Mufaddal bhai Saheb has also named one of his sons and one of his grandchildren according to the names assigned in the book. Thus, those in the know are aware of the names of all the Dais until Imam's zuhoor.

You also omitted to mention that names of all the Imams are also in the book.

The book is called:

الاسماء الائمة و الدعاة المطلقين من اللبتيدأ الى القيامة

"Al-asma al-a'immat tahireen wal dua'atu mutlaqeen min al-ibtida ila al-qiyama".

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:14 am

labbaikyaHussain wrote:I remember few years back some amil stated in his waez that we have a book in dawaat which is written by maula Ali and he has written name of all DAI in his book which will come untill the Imam makes zuhoor.
Yes, this is a myth of the Bohra community. The "book" is generally referred to as "Umm al-Kitab". This is just a generic name for all so-called books which have knowledge of all things that are to happen till eternity. In another myth, Sayedna Qutub Khan Qutbuddin's father, S. Dawood bin Qutubshah had fortold his son's martyrdom and had changed his name in infancy when he saw that the original name was not the one written in the Umm al-Kitab.

stranger

Unread post by stranger » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:04 am

Ok. .but Is it written by Moula Ali (a.s.) ?

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:08 am

stranger,

It is a "myth". It might as well have been written by Manmohan Desai.

labbaikyaHussain

Unread post by labbaikyaHussain » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:41 pm

stranger wrote:
labbaikyaHussain wrote:In the name of GOD almighty....

have you really heard it from an aamil in his waez Or just created a thread here to invite comments ?
all my threads are related to gain some knowledge and clear my doubts...I have many things better to do rather then inviting people to comment on a thread lol :roll:

labbaikyaHussain

Unread post by labbaikyaHussain » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:44 pm

if DAI changes his successor name just to suit it with the name in the book then what is the point to write names in a book.

I am sure Imam Ali wrote all these name with some reason.

labbaikyaHussain

Unread post by labbaikyaHussain » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:53 pm

one more point is,if we already have all names of Imam and Duat then why do we have so many conflicts and sub sects in Ismailism?

labbaikyaHussain

Unread post by labbaikyaHussain » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:19 pm

porus wrote:
labbaikyaHussain wrote:.. we have a book in dawaat which is written by maula Ali and he has written name of all DAI in his book which will come untill the Imam makes zuhoor.

This is 100% true. What book does Da'awat not have? So, when Sayedna's sons came along he named one of them according to the name assigned in the book for the 53rd Dai. It is clear that Mufaddal bhai Saheb has also named one of his sons and one of his grandchildren according to the names assigned in the book. Thus, those in the know are aware of the names of all the Dais until Imam's zuhoor.

You also omitted to mention that names of all the Imams are also in the book.

The book is called:

الاسماء الائمة و الدعاة المطلقين من اللبتيدأ الى القيامة

"Al-asma al-a'immat tahireen wal dua'atu mutlaqeen min al-ibtida ila al-qiyama".
If this book is written by Imam Ali(a.s) then how come majority of shia momeen are unaware of such book?

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:27 pm

The book is called:
الاسماء الائمة و الدعاة المطلقين من اللبتيدأ الى القيا
If this book is written by Imam Ali(a.s) then how come majority of shia momeen are unaware of such book?
Only fools would believe Imam Hussein would write something like this.

stranger

Unread post by stranger » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:39 pm

labbaikyaHussain wrote: all my threads are related to gain some knowledge and clear my doubts...I have many things better to do rather then inviting people to comment on a thread lol :roll:
I thout may be you've created some masaala by urself. lol. :D

Anyway,
you've raised some logical questions such as :-
1. if DAI changes his successor name just to suit it with the name in the book then what is the point to write names in a book ?
2. if we already have all names of Imam and Duat then why do we have so many conflicts and sub sects in Ismailism?
3. If this book is written by Imam Ali(a.s) then how come majority of shia momeen are unaware of such book?

Can anyone throw some more light on it. Porus or anybody else ?

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 pm

stranger,

You raise very valid questions. I have a few too. Does the book have the names of the fathers also? I have a friend whose name is also Mufaddal. Can he become the Dai as per the book? The only problem is that his father's name is Nadiadwala. So the book should have the father's name as well.

Are the names written in order? Does Mufaddal come after Burhanuddin?

Does the book have the names of Alavi Bohra Dais also or is it only Dawoodi Bohra Dais?

Does the book of porus written by Imam Ali have these answers?

porus

Unread post by porus » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:34 pm

The book الاسماء الائمة الطاهرين و الدعاة المطلقين من اللبتيدأ الى القيامة, as Biradar pointed out is also called أم الكتاب, Umm ul-Kitab. It was definitely written by Imam Ali. It is the most closely guarded book in the treasures of Da'awat. Few have access to it.

In the prologue, it also lists the names of all the 124,000 Prophets. Who, except Da'awat, can claim knowledge of those?

p.s. Muslims will tell you that Umm ul-Kitab is the traditional name of Surat al-Fatiha. That may be so but we are here talking about a specific book which is the greatest secret about which Muslims do not have the slightest inkling about.

porus

Unread post by porus » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:53 pm

anajmi wrote: Are the names written in order? Does Mufaddal come after Burhanuddin?

Does the book have the names of Alavi Bohra Dais also or is it only Dawoodi Bohra Dais?

Does the book of porus written by Imam Ali have these answers?
In the book "الاسماء الائمة الطاهرين و الدعاة المطلقين من الإبتدأ الى القيامة" written by Imam Ali, all the names are written in exact order in accordance with their occupation of the rank (daraja) of Nabi, Imam or Dai.

The list is of true Nabis, Imams and Dais only and does not include rival false prophets, usurping Imams or false Dais. Hence, only those considered as true by Dawoodi Bohras are included. This is to be expected because Dawoodi Bohras are the only true Muslims and, as Mubarak has pointed out, the name Bohras has its origin in the word Bawahir which was created in the heavens. Let us not forget that the the number of Imams and their names are all included and the identity of the last Imam is also known as it is revealed in the book. Imams continue being born in hiding.

Now, let me reveal a great secret. As the book lists the actual names of all the future Dais, some mumineen may wonder why we are being told that the current Dai chooses his successor through Imam's ilhaam. The truth is that all that is simply 'tamasha' to create dramatic effects so that mumineen can be kept suspensefully entertained and, especially on this website, for the munafiqeen like porus to indulge in counter-entertainment which keeps mumineen doubly entertained by giving them opportunities to invoke laants on them.

There! Now that you know the secret, for Heaven's sake, please keep it to yourselves !

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:33 pm

porus: I think you are mistaken here. The book, being very ancient is written in an obscure language and hence it is difficult to know the names of the da'is in it exactly. Hence, even though the names are all written down it does not mean we know how to read them. Hence, the current da'i needs to wait for ilham from the Imam to appoint his successor. Of course, the Imam being conversant in all languages, knows how to read the book and can thus communicate this information to the da'i via telepathic messages. Turns out that some da'is in the past mastered the language also and hence could figure out who to appoint next. Does not always work that way, however.

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:41 pm

Talking about secret books, there is a book written by the second da'i Sayedna Ibrahim al-Hamid which is considered to contain such deep knowledge that only one da'i can teach it to his successor. This book was mentioned by the current sayedna in a waez when talking about the history and life of S. Ibrahim. Turns out, that the burial place of S. Ibrahim was not know till recently and SMB found the grave on a visit to Yemen.

Also, this same book was mentioned in a lecture by the Alavi mazoon where he said his father (the current Alavi da'i) told him to study the book. The Alavi mazoon says it took him a couple of years to go through the book and by the end he had absorbed the contents of the book into his heart. Not literally, of course.

Unfortunately for the da'is (Alavi and Dawoodi) this book is actually available in most large university libraries in the US. So it is not so secret after all.

labbaikyaHussain

Unread post by labbaikyaHussain » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:34 am

stranger wrote:
labbaikyaHussain wrote: all my threads are related to gain some knowledge and clear my doubts...I have many things better to do rather then inviting people to comment on a thread lol :roll:
I thout may be you've created some masaala by urself. lol. :D

Anyway,
you've raised some logical questions such as :-
1. if DAI changes his successor name just to suit it with the name in the book then what is the point to write names in a book ?
2. if we already have all names of Imam and Duat then why do we have so many conflicts and sub sects in Ismailism?
3. If this book is written by Imam Ali(a.s) then how come majority of shia momeen are unaware of such book?

Can anyone throw some more light on it. Porus or anybody else ?

can any one please throw some light on these questions?

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:52 am

Correct. There is no point in writing down these names. Anyone who says that such a book exists is either stupid or surrounded by those that are stupid.

We do not have the names. This is fiction as explained in point number 1. We only have the definition of character in the one true book (fart - look over there, there is 4:34)

There is no such book. That is the reason majority are unaware. As the saying goes, you can only fool some of the people all the time. Those are the dawoodi bohra abdes.

fearAllah

Unread post by fearAllah » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:51 am

anajmi wrote:1. if DAI changes his successor name just to suit it with the name in the book then what is the point to write names in a book ?

Correct. There is no point in writing down these names. Anyone who says that such a book exists is either stupid or surrounded by those that are stupid.

We do not have the names. This is fiction as explained in point number 1. We only have the definition of character in the one true book (fart - look over there, there is 4:34)

There is no such book. That is the reason majority are unaware. As the saying goes, you can only fool some of the people all the time. Those are the dawoodi bohra abdes.
Just to add, the whole nass drama and ritual becomes futile

porus

Unread post by porus » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:57 am

Biradar wrote:porus: I think you are mistaken here. The book, being very ancient is written in an obscure language and hence it is difficult to know the names of the da'is in it exactly. Hence, even though the names are all written down it does not mean we know how to read them. Hence, the current da'i needs to wait for ilham from the Imam to appoint his successor. Of course, the Imam being conversant in all languages, knows how to read the book and can thus communicate this information to the da'i via telepathic messages. Turns out that some da'is in the past mastered the language also and hence could figure out who to appoint next. Does not always work that way, however.
Biradar,

Thank you for pointing out my error. What you wrote has been confirmed by a devout friend living in Syria who has had the privilege of seeing Imam Ali's book, الاسماء الائمة الطاهرين و الدعاة المطلقين من الإبتدأ الى القيامة, on one occassion.

The language of the book is indeed ancient and it is written in a very cryptic fashion to keep it secret and prevent it falling into wrong hands. Earlier Dais knew how to read the book because they were very spiritual. Since the recent Dais became more materialistic, they have lost the ability to interpret the book accurately. Hence the need for ilhaam from the Imam.

He told me that, in the old days, the book was viewed as a simplified version of the taawil of the Quran confined to revealing the names of Prophets, Imams and Dais. After all, Quran contains all these names too but are hidden in its more complex taawil. Remember, there are 6236 ayats in the Quran and 'Haq na Saheb' can draw at least 700 meanings from each one of them. This makes well over 4 million interpretations! More than enough to include the names of, I think, less than half a million Prophets. Imams and Dais which will appear till Qayamat.

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:52 am

well :)

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:16 pm

porus wrote: Remember, there are 6236 ayats in the Quran and 'Haq na Saheb' can draw at least 700 meanings from each one of them. This makes well over 4 million interpretations! More than enough to include the names of, I think, less than half a million Prophets. Imams and Dais which will appear till Qayamat.
What, just 700 interpretations! No, there can be 7000, 7e4, 7e5 or even 7e12 (7 trillion) interpretations or more. Hence, if we compute the sum total of what can be known by humans, angels and jinns and convert the number to bytes (just to be modern and quantify it correctly), this number will be smaller than the number of interpretations the da'i can provide. Hence, in short we have proved (QED) that the da'i actually knows everything there is to know and much more than that.

Al-Muizz

Unread post by Al-Muizz » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:04 pm

Biradar wrote:Talking about secret books, there is a book written by the second da'i Sayedna Ibrahim al-Hamid which is considered to contain such deep knowledge that only one da'i can teach it to his successor. This book was mentioned by the current sayedna in a waez when talking about the history and life of S. Ibrahim. Turns out, that the burial place of S. Ibrahim was not know till recently and SMB found the grave on a visit to Yemen.

Also, this same book was mentioned in a lecture by the Alavi mazoon where he said his father (the current Alavi da'i) told him to study the book. The Alavi mazoon says it took him a couple of years to go through the book and by the end he had absorbed the contents of the book into his heart. Not literally, of course.

Unfortunately for the da'is (Alavi and Dawoodi) this book is actually available in most large university libraries in the US. So it is not so secret after all.

Umm, which library has such a book, and what is it called?:)

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:07 pm

Al-Muizz wrote: Umm, which library has such a book, and what is it called?:)
Umm, why not ask your local amil and then search the archives of a large public university and let us know?

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:20 am

@Porus,
I like your tongue firmly in cheek posts in this thread. i admire your ability to sustain it for so long. Ha Hah!!!

labbaikyaHussain

Unread post by labbaikyaHussain » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:50 am

if we belive there are trillion different meaning to quran ayat then we are directly violating quran because it clearly states that Quraan is made easy to understand.

In 54th surah “Al Qamar” of Qur’an ul Hakeem, in ayaat number 17,22,32&40 The All-Knowing and All-Wise ALLAH s.w.t , repeats the following statement four times :- “We have made this Qur’an easy to understand. Is there any one who will pay attention to its words”.

Qur’an never contradicts itself.

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:56 am

labbaikyaHussain wrote:if we belive there are trillion different meaning to quran ayat then we are directly violating quran because it clearly states that Quraan is made easy to understand.
Have you every considered that when Allah says that the Quran is easy to understand he may not be addressing you or me? He might actually mean it is easy to understand for the Imams and the da'is and for those who have developed the correct understanding under their direction and guidance. For example, consider the fact that the prophet was the first teacher of the Quran and it did not just appear to everyone.

Anyway, you are taking all this too seriously. Porous and I are just being tongue in cheek.

porus

Unread post by porus » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:06 am

Biradar wrote:
Anyway, you are taking all this too seriously. Porous and I are just being tongue in cheek.
Gosh Biradar!, You blew the whistle a bit to soon! I still have at least a couple of posts in the pipeline. So, I am going to have to assume that your post has not appeared yet!! :)

porus

Unread post by porus » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:14 am

Smart wrote:@Porus,
I like your tongue firmly in cheek posts in this thread.
Actually, I am revealing the truth here. This has been my policy. Haqaaiq secrets must be outed!

labbaykyaHussain's amil who, in his waez, hinted at Imam Ali's book, الاسماء الائمة الطاهرين و الدعاة المطلقين من الإبتدأ الى القيامة, and I shared the same sabak Ustaad. I know what he was hinting at.

Both the Quran and Imam Ali's book list the names of all the Dais past, present and future. Only one Dai, the current holder of the position, Sayedna Muhammad Burhanuddin, has the distinction of having his name (Burhan) clearly revealed in the Quran in several ayats. Other names are more or less cryptically hidden. An example is the start of surat an-naml (27), which starts with طس (Ta-Seen). This stands for the 51st Dai, Sayedna Taher Saifuddin. This also clearly means that no future Dai will surpass the distinction of the 52nd Dai.

Until now, our greatest Dai has been the 51st Dai. That is why he is called Shamshud Duaatul Mutlaqeen (The Sun of the Dais). Now, the 52nd Dai has surpassed his father in distinction and therefore an appropriate title will be conferred upon him. It cannot be Qamrud Duaatul Mutlaqeen (The Moon of the Dais) because the Moon is not greater than the Sun. I suspect that it will be either Najmud Duaatul Mutlaqeen (The Star of the Dais) or Majdud Duaatul Mutlaqeen (The Glory of the Dais).