Food Service in Indore

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
bohra_manus

Re: Food Service in Indore

Unread post by bohra_manus » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:30 pm

As heard from my close relative in a small town (Bohra Population: Approx:600) in India:
The jamaat has been instructed to provide food for 30 days to everyone. Those who want the food, just go to the jamaatkhana and get the tiffin.
Almost all families in the town are taking the barakat of the salwat nu jaman.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:35 pm

The jamaat has been instructed to provide food for 30 days to everyone.
So this is not to feed poor but just another gimmick for 30 days. What is the purpose of this entire showmanship?

shabbir4u

Unread post by shabbir4u » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:44 pm

omabharti wrote:
The jamaat has been instructed to provide food for 30 days to everyone.
So this is not to feed poor but just another gimmick for 30 days. What is the purpose of this entire showmanship?
If its small town there should be poor people? whats wrong in it if they provide free food for 30 days. It just another saving.
show me which another community they provide free food service?
You prog just need a topic to start some thing.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:14 pm

Please stop shouting FREE SERVICE, FREE SERVICE on top of your voices. In Kandivli people shell out money, the rates are Rs.1,100/- per unit and one can buy as many units as one wants. The fanatics are rushing there to buy maximum units as they are made to believe that this is one more source of sawab i.e. paying to mola for free food service. There is no compulsion to donate but this 'sawab thru mola' concept has again succeded in filling kothar's coffers. Moreover, a family is given food for ONE person ONCE a day irrespective of the size of the family or the number of units one has purchased.

brain_dead

Unread post by brain_dead » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:56 am

Same everywhere I guess.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:13 pm

Do you know what DB stands for
under Thaali and Tiffin Scheme it is
DABBAWALA BAWARCHI

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:16 pm

Before people jumped and start abusing about my new definition of DB, if you look at the pictures of Thaali Rasaam it looks that our community is taking pride of being Bawarchis and dabbawalas This is where the proud community Dawoodi Bohra is heading, downward. Instead of highlighting the scientific and academic achievements, these people are so proud to be cooking and distributing Dabbas. what a pathetic state DBs are going.

Al-Muizz

Unread post by Al-Muizz » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:46 pm

omabharti wrote:Before people jumped and start abusing about my new definition of DB, if you look at the pictures of Thaali Rasaam it looks that our community is taking pride of being Bawarchis and dabbawalas This is where the proud community Dawoodi Bohra is heading, downward. Instead of highlighting the scientific and academic achievements, these people are so proud to be cooking and distributing Dabbas. what a pathetic state DBs are going.
Dude, you're like a one trick pony......same old sh*t, different day. If you are so bloody smart, so scientifically talented, so arrogant and rich, then instead of blowing sh*t all over, why don't you try and be a better person for a change and Thank God for your luck?? Rich arrogant, haughty fools like you will taste the wrath of God, if not today, then tomorrow!

Get off your high and mighty horse, idiot! Learn to eat some humble pie, moron

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:31 pm

Al Muizz
Did I use abusive language for you, and how do you know I am not working to make changes, Do not ASSUME everything you know what ASSUME stands for?

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:46 pm

Look at the last picture Picture Number 17, Now D for Dawoodi stands for D for Dabbawala
http://www.zeninfosys.net/zi6/content/b ... iya-kuwait
Next Kissing of Tiffin is coming soon, as it contains Noorani Jaman

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:26 pm

The Kandivali Jamat have increased the 'Dabba Hoob' from Rs.1,100/- to Rs.1,500/- per month, an increase of almost 40% in a span of around 2 months. There are over 300 bohra families residing in Kandivli and only a handful of 18 families whom the jamat considers poor are spared from paying the 'hoob'. The menu consists of chapatis, 1 veg OR non veg item and dalchawal palida OR kadi khichdi OR dal chawal OR mag pulao sarki. If one goes to a udipi hotel one can get a limited thali which consists of around 4 veg items plus dal/rice for less then Rs.50/- which is the average amount the abdes pay on a daily basis.

SO MUCH FOR THE KARAM AND EHSAN OF MOLA (TUS) FOR PROVIDING "FREE MEALS" TO ABDES.

aqs

Unread post by aqs » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:11 am

omabharti wrote:Before people jumped and start abusing about my new definition of DB, if you look at the pictures of Thaali Rasaam it looks that our community is taking pride of being Bawarchis and dabbawalas This is where the proud community Dawoodi Bohra is heading, downward. Instead of highlighting the scientific and academic achievements, these people are so proud to be cooking and distributing Dabbas. what a pathetic state DBs are going.
Br. Oma,

We are following up in the foot steps our Imams and Duat, Imam Ali Zainil Abedeen(as) used to feed more then 100 families, distributing food himself in the night, Moulana Abde Ali Saifuddin(aq) served food to more then 1000 people for more then a year who were devastated in drought.

Our Imams and Duat have thought us to serve food not only to needy but to any mumin, that is what is being done.

porus

Unread post by porus » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:56 am

In Atlanta, the scheme operates like this.

As there are apparently no poor abdes there, the emphasis is on seeking barakaat by participating in the 'dabba' scheme.

Everyone is encouraged to phone in the request to collect thaalis, one per person, on Wednesday. The thaali is to be collected on the following Saturday at Markaz, which is also the day of Madrassa. This provides captive participants amongst the parents of Madrassa children.

Each thaali is $2. Mumineen are encouraged to pay $100 per person in advance for the whole year's thaalis.

I must say $2 is cheap for a meal. It could be delicious if the mothers of Madrassa children are the cooks.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:37 pm

in toronto, the "FREE" noorani dabba is 5 dollars per person per meal. initially they will be serving this only once a week on fridays and it has to be picked up from the masjid by the "POOR" momeen, i.e. they must spend atleast 5-10 additional dollars on petrol or public transport (if they are genuinely poor) to get there and collect this 5 dollar "FREE" dabba.

i will be checking with the bhooka mumeen of toronto if this dabba filled their stomachs or was tasty enough or whether they felt the glow of noorani spiritual and physical radiance after consuming this meal.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:05 pm

Br. AZ
One thing which confounds me, if there are POOR MUMINEEN in Canada or USA and if they are citizen, there is a safety net for people who are deprived of food. There are schemes like Food Stamps and other social safety net which helps legal (sometime illegal) residents with government assistance to purchase food.
So either they are not poor enough to qualify for government assistance or may be they are illegal
FINALLY
CAN SOME ONE FROM OTHER SIDE ONCE AGAIN EXPLAIN THE WHOLE LOGIC OF THAALI SYSTEM. PLEASE CHECK MY FIRST POSTING ON THIS THREAD.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:09 pm

Postby labbaikyaHussain on Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:22 am
its a free food service,in surat and ahmedabad such service is running from years around 3500 tiffins from surat jamiya canteen and 3000 tiffins from ahmedabad mazaar are sent to needy one every day in there cities.

labbaikyaHussain
i thought this Thaali scheme was started by Maulai Syedi Mufaddal BS recently so how come the scheme was running FROM YEARS

Maqbool

Unread post by Maqbool » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:29 am

aqs wrote:
Br. Oma,

We are following up in the foot steps our Imams and Duat, Imam Ali Zainil Abedeen(as) used to feed more then 100 families, distributing food himself in the night, Moulana Abde Ali Saifuddin(aq) served food to more then 1000 people for more then a year who were devastated in drought.

Our Imams and Duat have thought us to serve food not only to needy but to any mumin, that is what is being done.
That was from Imam Ali Zainil Abedeen(as) own pocket. Here Sayedna is collecting Croes of Rs. from DB by Vazebat, Selling titles, collecting galla money, Making huge profit in traveling agency where the food is provided by donors but they collect full money. Now they have increased burden of dabba to db with out spending a single Rs. On the contrary those who donates for dabba has to spend salam for Amil for RAZA.

Adam

Unread post by Adam » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:52 am

omabharti wrote:Just a thought
Most of the Thaali distribution also show people who are receiving Dabba or Thaali if they are really poor I think it little be dehumanize to show them. I was taught that when you give Charity by right hand, your left hand should not know about it and here they are showing people who may be poor receiving the Jamaan and to me that is insulting and disrespectful What does every one thinks?
http://www.zeninfosys.net/zi6/content/n ... bs-vichiya (pic no. 4-5)
http://www.zeninfosys.net/zi6/content/t ... ted-jhalod (pict 7-9)
http://www.zeninfosys.net/zi6/content/t ... road-dohad (20-21)
Th only reason I posted these pictures not out of disrespect but so no one can start asking for proof and references.

Your words are true about how to give charity.
But you are distorting the truth.

The Tifin System that has started in many cities has been facilitated to feed all Mumineen together (rich & poor).
From my knowledge, it works by collecting an amount from people, sometimes a bit more from "well-to-do" people, so that the extra amount can provide for the amount needed to feed those who cannot afford to pay the full amount or regularly.
(It is in its beginning stages. And Inshallah it will get better)

Ref : to your comment "not know about it and here they are showing people who may be poor receiving the Jamaan and to me that is insulting and disrespectful"

The people in the picture need not be the poor people. Rather, the tiffin is going to ALL types of people.
The pictures taken, we just to show that the Tiffin system has started, of any random person!

(You probably already knew that, but chose to distort the facts).

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:19 am

(You probably already knew that, but chose to distort the facts).
Adam
No I donot know the facts and neither do many in the community. This was started as "Koi Mumeen Bhoko na Soee" to me that is for poor now it is classified as Jaman with Barakat. If you do not want a Mumin to sleep hungry how does it work having people pick up the tiffin or boxes once a week.
So Adam if you can explain the entire scheme. the purpose, the mechanism and the cost to individuals (and be honest and get out of your Abde BOX) may be we can have better conversation since I HAVE NOT READ ANY KIND OF EXPLANATION FROM ANY KOTHRI WEBSITE OR AAMIL OR POSTINGS

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:29 pm

Look at these pictures Now they have special ID for Thaali See picture number 6
Thought this was started for "KOYE MUMIN BHOOKO NA SUYE"
I thing the mission statement should be BADA MUMIN NA KHISA KHAALI KARO by any means necessary

http://www.zeninfosys.net/zi6/akhbar/bi ... abad/16230

bohri

Unread post by bohri » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:17 pm

SBM wrote:Look at these pictures Now they have special ID for Thaali See picture number 6
Thought this was started for "KOYE MUMIN BHOOKO NA SUYE"
I thing the mission statement should be BADA MUMIN NA KHISA KHAALI KARO by any means necessary

http://www.zeninfosys.net/zi6/akhbar/bi ... abad/16230
My earlier suspicions of this scheme are confirmed - it has enabled the serialization of the community members - each one now has a number and a bar code for tracking purposes. The same was intended with the e-jamaat card, but likely the lure of "free" food allowed them to cast their net much wider. A family I met recently told me that the food they received was not of much use - they did not like it and cooked their own meals anyways.

Kothar has cooked up a storm and the abdes a frying in the pot!

humble_servant_us

Unread post by humble_servant_us » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:52 am

Trying to analyse why this dabba system has started.

Following things i can understand.
1. Popularity of Muffadal bhai saheb.
2. Though food is sponsored by people but it is said to be from Aqa Maula. The effect is that Aqa maula is providing the food. This is playing with the psyche of the people. People now think they are eating food provided by Aqa Maula.
3. If someone feeds you, you are obliged to him and you will avoid thinking wrong about him.

Biggest Disadvantages
1. The community will become lazy, particularly the poor/middle class and more devoted to Aqa Maula and Muffaddal bhai saheb.

The complete system looks fishy. Can anyone give positives of this system.

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:20 am

humble_servant_us wrote:Trying to analyse why this dabba system has started.

2. Though food is sponsored by people but it is said to be from Aqa Maula. The effect is that Aqa maula is providing the food. This is playing with the psyche of the people. People now think they are eating food provided by Aqa Maula.
3. If someone feeds you, you are obliged to him and you will avoid thinking wrong about him.

Biggest Disadvantages
1. The community will become lazy, particularly the poor/middle class and more devoted to Aqa Maula and Muffaddal bhai saheb.

The only negative you find is that the "system looks fishy" and "community will become lazy". What a moron

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:37 am

The Thali / Dabba Scheme has advantages too.

Specially to those who cannot afford rations and expensive cooking gas in India. Enterprising women who were struggling with finances and time, are now free to take up work or assist their family men in business / work. Many people got jobs by such scheme

However even in Kuwait, I have come across people who have genuinely benefitted from the Dabba Scheme. Informed people knows who is providing the service financially and physically at local levels. Whatever good happens in the community, credit by faith is given to Sayedna Saheb and his family’s efforts. Not only in such public schemes but at personal levels too.

Something is better than nothing. Either one can stand out and keep cribbing about everything happening around, or fold your sleeves, pull your socks and get into the effort to make it better and effective.

Bohra youngsters and working men have squeezed time out to make this scheme work. If I can say with my experience in Kuwait, khidmatguzars are providing hygienic and good food. Various combinations were tried in early days to ensure best delivery of service, finally they came up with a voluntary solution.

Hub-n-Spoke system of delivery.

No fixed monthly payment

Voluntary donation in the Galla / collection box

Even if this scheme doesn’t last forever, it would atleast spark off a trend and a way for people to recognize community welfare and open up avenues for other good work.

shabbir4u

Unread post by shabbir4u » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:21 pm

humble_servant_us wrote:Trying to analyse why this dabba system has started.

Biggest Disadvantages

Humble servant
Do you have any problem ?

aflatoon

Unread post by aflatoon » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:08 pm

nai gilli naya daun .

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:27 pm

See the sentence in block the truth that Mawaid is a business more than helping poor, In this entire presentation there is no mention of feeding the poor just Sawab and Barakat, where is more Sawab feeding the poor or just sending the food to everyone, seems it is inverted philosophy.How much money is being wasted on this kind of gathering while poor are suffering. :( :cry:
Faiz Ul Mawaid Ul Burhaniyah Ijtima in Washington DC
4 Jumadil Aakhar, 1433
Najmi Masjid Ashton MD, Washington DC, United States

On Sunday, 1st Jamad-al-Ukhra (April 22, 2012), the first ever Faiz-ul-Mawaid-il-Burhaniyah Ijtema on the USA East Coast was held in Washington, DC. Janab Zainul Abedeen Bhai Saheb and Janab Mehlam Bhai Saheb graciously made the trip to Washington, DC to lead the Ijtema. Seven Jamaats participated in the Ijtema including Washington DC, Virginia, Philadelphia, South Jersey, Atlanta, North Carolina and South Carolina.

The Ijtema began with Quran ni Tilawat by Janab Mehlam Bhai Saheb , following by Tilawat by Juzer M. Murtaza Nomani. After Qasaid ni Tilawat, an introduction was given by Janab Mufaddal BS Nooruddin BS (Amil Saheb - Washington, DC). Janab Zainul Abedeen Bhai Saheb then masterfully presented on the Barakat of Faiz-ul-Mawaid-il-Burhaniyah while explaining Aqa Moula Syedna Mohammad Burhanuddin TUS ane Mansoosihi Aali Qadr Syedi Moulaya Mufaddal Bhai Saheb Saifuddin’s TUS vision & philosophy of Faiz-e-Muwaid Al Burhaniyah. He emphasized that Faiz is not meant to be merely a business transaction of buying and selling, but it is meant to include all mumineen in the sawab and barakaat of feeding our brother mumeen from Aale Mohammad’s SA Maa’edat. He further explained that the meaning of Faiz-e-Muwaid Al Burhaniyah is that "har ghar, har rowz, ale mohammed na thal ni barakat nu jaman pohnche". After the riveting presentation, mumineen from all 7 Jamaats offered various khidmaat to implement Moula's TUS vision in their respective Jamaats. The program ended with Wazifatus-Shukr followed by Salawat nu Jaman for all participants and the over 60 mehman.

Anjuman-e-Ezzi, Washington DC expresses Sajadatus-Shukr for Moulana TUS and Aali Qadr Moula TUS for getting the great honor of hosting this event along with the other Jamaats. Behamdillah, all the participants present at the meeting have done niyat to start Faiz-ul-Mawaid-il-Burhaniyah 5 days a week in their city.

May Allah grant the source of these blessings – our beloved Aqa Moula TUS and His Mansoos Syedi wa Moulaya Mufaddal Bhaisaheb (TUS) a long life until the day of Qayaamat. Ameen!
http://www.zeninfosys.net/zi6/akhbar/qa ... n-dc/16259
http://www.zeninfosys.net/zi6/akhbar/qa ... ston/16244

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:53 am

SBM wrote:See the sentence in block the truth that Mawaid is a business more than helping poor, In this entire presentation there is no mention of feeding the poor just Sawab and Barakat, where is more Sawab feeding the poor or just sending the food to everyone, seems it is inverted philosophy.How much money is being wasted on this kind of gathering while poor are suffering. :( :cry:
Faiz Ul Mawaid Ul Burhaniyah Ijtima in Washington DC
4 Jumadil Aakhar, 1433
Najmi Masjid Ashton MD, Washington DC, United States

On Sunday, 1st Jamad-al-Ukhra (April 22, 2012), the first ever Faiz-ul-Mawaid-il-Burhaniyah Ijtema on the USA East Coast was held in Washington, DC. Janab Zainul Abedeen Bhai Saheb and Janab Mehlam Bhai Saheb graciously made the trip to Washington, DC to lead the Ijtema. Seven Jamaats participated in the Ijtema including Washington DC, Virginia, Philadelphia, South Jersey, Atlanta, North Carolina and South Carolina.

The Ijtema began with Quran ni Tilawat by Janab Mehlam Bhai Saheb , following by Tilawat by Juzer M. Murtaza Nomani. After Qasaid ni Tilawat, an introduction was given by Janab Mufaddal BS Nooruddin BS (Amil Saheb - Washington, DC). Janab Zainul Abedeen Bhai Saheb then masterfully presented on the Barakat of Faiz-ul-Mawaid-il-Burhaniyah while explaining Aqa Moula Syedna Mohammad Burhanuddin TUS ane Mansoosihi Aali Qadr Syedi Moulaya Mufaddal Bhai Saheb Saifuddin’s TUS vision & philosophy of Faiz-e-Muwaid Al Burhaniyah. He emphasized that Faiz is not meant to be merely a business transaction of buying and selling, but it is meant to include all mumineen in the sawab and barakaat of feeding our brother mumeen from Aale Mohammad’s SA Maa’edat. He further explained that the meaning of Faiz-e-Muwaid Al Burhaniyah is that "har ghar, har rowz, ale mohammed na thal ni barakat nu jaman pohnche". After the riveting presentation, mumineen from all 7 Jamaats offered various khidmaat to implement Moula's TUS vision in their respective Jamaats. The program ended with Wazifatus-Shukr followed by Salawat nu Jaman for all participants and the over 60 mehman.

Anjuman-e-Ezzi, Washington DC expresses Sajadatus-Shukr for Moulana TUS and Aali Qadr Moula TUS for getting the great honor of hosting this event along with the other Jamaats. Behamdillah, all the participants present at the meeting have done niyat to start Faiz-ul-Mawaid-il-Burhaniyah 5 days a week in their city.

May Allah grant the source of these blessings – our beloved Aqa Moula TUS and His Mansoos Syedi wa Moulaya Mufaddal Bhaisaheb (TUS) a long life until the day of Qayaamat. Ameen!
http://www.zeninfosys.net/zi6/akhbar/qa ... n-dc/16259
http://www.zeninfosys.net/zi6/akhbar/qa ... ston/16244
Who told you that there is more sawab in feeding the poor than the rich?

ozmujaheed

Unread post by ozmujaheed » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 am

Prof is there sawab in feeding the middle and rich ?

Abdes what do you mean by ale Muhammad nu jaman poche...what does that mean, is there tawil in it...

Ale means family...so how does paying $5 for a jaman cooked by an abde with maula's raza become the Prophet's family's meal....

The logic in the mail below also does not fly...how does $5 I pay for my tifin ..help feed my brother....

How does a tifin on Friday only really solve ?

Is this more just to please Mansoos, and no one has the guts to ask what the crap was the aim...

Either there a malicious manipulation in this scheme or some childish stupidity that people don't know is worth it but cannot object and are just riding the bus of comedy

aqs

Unread post by aqs » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:32 am

OzMujaheed and others who have been questioning motive of the scheme because in west its being supplied on one day of the week the only reason behind it can be that scheme should not look like its only for poor, providing tiffin to each and every one at the same time brings everyone under the same umbrella.

Many people on this board are from western world and might have lost touch with Indian subcontinent. Check with your relatives that how in small cities this scheme is changing things on a ground level. dont try to find faults and nit pick on small things, Bohras have got into habit of over driving things so ignore them eg. can be tiffin being supplied on trains (not practical), but over all its a very positive scheme and is helping poor and needy.