Muslim Students Boycot Lectures On Evolution.

This forum covers a whole range of issues: from international politics and economy to human rights, from corporate domination and greed to environmental crises...
ghulam muhammed

Muslim Students Boycot Lectures On Evolution.

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:09 pm

Muslim medical students boycotting lectures on evolution... because it 'clashes with the Koran'

Similar to the beliefs expressed by fundamentalist Christians, Muslim opponents to Darwinism maintain that Allah created the world, mankind and all known species in a single act.

'What they object to - and I don't really understand it, I am not religious - they object to the idea that there is a random process out there which is not directed by God.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ocialLinks

anajmi

Re: Muslim Students Boycot Lectures On Evolution.

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:34 pm

I believe these students who are boycotting these classes are a bunch of brainwashed morons.

Ala maqaam

Unread post by Ala maqaam » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:28 am

what a bunch of wahabis :roll:

Ala maqaam

Unread post by Ala maqaam » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:46 am

I dont know about others but I am sure wahabi and yazidi are evolve from monkeys :P ROFL

stranger

Unread post by stranger » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:30 am

Ala maqaam wrote:I dont know about others but I am sure wahabi and yazidi are evolve from monkeys :P ROFL
Lol :mrgreen:

ozmujaheed

Unread post by ozmujaheed » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:22 am

T he comments within the article are interesting too,

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:55 pm

Ala maqaam wrote:I dont know about others but I am sure wahabi and yazidi are evolve from monkeys
You (delibarately) forgot the fundamentalist Christians.
Similar to the beliefs expressed by fundamentalist Christians[/quote wrote:

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:16 pm

American Muslim clerics sign up for evolution

Almost 13,000 Christian clergy have done it. Nearly 500 Jewish rabbis have too. Now, Islamic teachers, or imams, have begun signing an open letter declaring that there is no clash between their religious faith and evolution.

The Imam Letter, launched this week in the US, is the latest challenge to fundamentalists of the three Abrahamic religions who reject evolution in favour of creationism. The Clergy Letter was launched in 2006 and now has 12,725 signatures, followed three years ago by the Rabbi Letter, which has 476 signatures.

"As imams, we urge public school boards to affirm their commitment to the teaching of the science of evolution," says the letter, written by T. O. Shanavas, a doctor in Michigan and member of the Islamic Center of Greater Toledo in Perrysburg, Ohio.

"Christians are really excited about the Muslim letter," "They realise that Islam is just as fractured as Christianity, with just as many people who take their scriptures out of context to deny the truth of evolution."

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn2 ... ution.html