Hypocrisy of Kothar and its justification by Abdes

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Smart

Hypocrisy of Kothar and its justification by Abdes

Unread post by Smart » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:26 pm

If you see the various exhortations and the narratives, what is clearly seen by a detached observer is the sheer hypocrisy of Kothar and its justification by Abdes. To give just two examples:

1. Abdes are asked to sing "Sajda tujhe vaajib hai" and when criticised for that, try to wriggle out by saying it is not sajda but "taqbilul ardh". So why don't they sing "taqbilul ardh tujhe vaajib hai" ?

2. The Kothar collects "Wajebat", which when translated means compulsions. Abdes give in and then come here on this forum and quote the Quran "There is no compulsion in religion".

Is it the case of the proverbial Devil quoting the Scriptures?
I am sure there is a big list of such other situations of hypocrisy. Others can post too.

Al Zulfiqar

Re: Hypocrisy of Kothar and its justification by Abdes

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:56 pm

smart,

i like the concept of this list and will contribute to it as and when i have more time. meanwhile, i must elaborate on that sajda thingy (a panicky bending from the waist while the knees and the forehead touch the ground, with the fleshy abde rump waving high up and exposed to the harsh elements) which all abdes feel compelled to do in the presence of the syedna and his manhoos... oops! sorry, his man da' soos..

the song must be modified and should henceforth be sung in its totality as follows"

"sajda e taqriman wa taziman wa taqbilul ardh nisbal takhte imami tujhe wajib hai"

this will forever silence the pesky reformists who persist in ridiculing the devout abde's practice and will also 'clear the air' around the sajda, (although i wouldnt risk being around the sajda o'd rumps).

i am sure the powers that be at saifee mahal will instruct their expert panel of lyricists to make the neccessary amendments post haste. thanks!

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:41 pm

Smart wrote:The Kothar collects "Wajebat", which when translated means compulsions. Abdes give in and then come here on this forum and quote the Quran "There is no compulsion in religion".
Bro.Smart,

Please dont blame the poor abdes for this, you very well know that they are not allowed to UNDERSTAND the Quran and are specifically prohibited from reading translations of any scholars no matter how intelligent they are. The only true translation is the one they hear from their masters. And Ha, which version of the Quran and its translation would be perfect for them ? Because in 'taawil' they are told that the real Quran which is supposed to have been compiled by Mola Ali (a.s.) is HIDDEN and only the dai has full access to it. :mrgreen:

JC

Unread post by JC » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:50 pm

Will a SLAVE ever question or doubt his MASTER??!! No, not at all.

To be an Abde, first thing you have to learn is to OBEY and SERVE ........ never question, so if you are not to question, there is no need to read and learn .........

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:17 pm

This is getting interesting. Not a single abde has responded so far.

DMY

Unread post by DMY » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:35 am

Smart,
Its kind of an oxymoron ....justification of hypocrisy. Can hypocrisy be justified?

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:41 pm

^
Oxymorons, Contradictions that is what abdes live with everyday. I wonder why most abdes, especially the educated ones, fail to see them. What conditions their mind to be soooo blind?