Under The Veil, We Are Free Souls.

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
ghulam muhammed

Under The Veil, We Are Free Souls.

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:00 pm

Under the veil, we are free souls!

Just because a woman is wearing the burqa, it does not necessarily mean she is oppressed. And come to think of it, every Muslim is not a supporter of the Taliban and, on the contrary, many are against them.

I'm a regular teenager who loves everything that has to do with fashion. I don't fancy covering my head like Muslim women are supposed to either and I consider myself someone with a neutral view of things. But the recent hoopla on in social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter over Muslim women being oppressed and suppressed under the burqa is something that I strongly disagree with. I can't help saying that the media, along with certain sections of society, are exaggerating things as usual.

It is simply beyond my logic why people whine and create a lot of commotion over women wearing burqa, but are completely at ease with the so-called “forward” bikini-clad women. Society is okay even with celebrities posing nude for glam magazines but raise an uproar over burqa-clad women. This couldn't get any more disgusting.

http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/open-pa ... 340117.ece