~Quotes ~Phrases ~Poems

This forum covers a whole range of issues: from international politics and economy to human rights, from corporate domination and greed to environmental crises...
ghulam muhammed

Re: ~Quotes ~Phrases ~Poems

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:51 pm

Cicero said this to Herennius, who was ordered to kill Cicero by Mark Antony during the proscriptions of the seconded triumvirate :-

“Come here soldier. There is nothing proper about what you’re doing, but at least make sure you cut off my head properly.”

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:53 pm

"The only thing that ever sat its way to success was a hen."
~Sarah Brown

"You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live now."
- Joan Baez

A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery while on a detour.
-Unknown

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:45 pm

" To love life through labor is to be intimate with life's inmost secret. All work is empty save when there is love, for work is love made visible."
Kahil Gibran.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue May 08, 2012 4:43 pm

Great Truths

1. In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress.

-- John Adams

2. If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed.

-- Mark Twain

3. Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But then I repeat myself.

-- Mark Twain

4. I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.

-- Winston Churchill

5. A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

-- George Bernard Shaw

6. A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to payoff with your money.

-- G. Gordon Liddy

7. Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.

-- James Bovard, Civil Libertarian (1994)

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sat May 19, 2012 3:06 pm

*A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their
mission can alter the course of history. *

- Mahatma Gandhi

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:39 pm

"Meet people in such a way that if you die, they weep for you, and if you live, they should long for you" ~ Ali bin Abi Talib

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:02 pm

Difference between Einstein and Politicians is that Einstein believed everything is relative while Politicians believes relatives are everything.

A bird asked a Bee 'you work so hard to make honey and people steal, don't you feel bad? Bee said 'I don't feel bad as they can never steal my art of making honey'.

Tongue weighs practically nothing, but only few people can hold it.

We get lot of unconditional love when we are born and lots of unconditional respect when we die. We just have to manage the time in between.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:01 pm

The life is a distance between Adhan to Salah

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:48 pm

"To make Money We lose our Health and to Restore our Health we lose Money.
We live as if we are never going to Die and we die as if we Never Lived."

"Our Days are happier when we give people a bit of our Heart
rather then a piece of our Mind".

sixfeetunder

Unread post by sixfeetunder » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:27 pm

"Falsehood is never so successful as when she baits her hook with truth, and no opinions so fatally mislead us, as those that are not wholly wrong; as no watches so effectually deceive the wearer as those that are sometimes right”

- Charles Caleb Colton

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:24 am

"Apple A Day keeps doctors away, but if doctor is beautiful, keep the apple away"

sixfeetunder

Unread post by sixfeetunder » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:23 am

This one aptly applies to the present Dawoodi Bohra community:

"If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter"

- George Washington

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:59 pm

I choose to believe, what I was programmed to believe~ Abde :mrgreen:

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:18 am

I choose to believe, what a drunk narcissist believes~ Proggie :mrgreen:

Rabeha Solar

Unread post by Rabeha Solar » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:31 am

sixfeetunder wrote:This one aptly applies to the present Dawoodi Bohra community:

"If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter"

- George Washington
would u have raised voice against the leadership of ahlul bayt if they were present today?

same thing goes with dawoodi bohras, for us syedna(tus) is true leader and divinely appointed, and we are happy to follow him undoubtedly.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:07 am

would u have raised voice against the leadership of ahlul bayt if they were present today?

same thing goes with dawoodi bohras, for us syedna(tus) is true leader and divinely appointed, and we are happy to follow him undoubtedly.
And that is what Nazi said following Hitler too. That is what Shimar said when following orders of Yazid.

Rabeha Solar

Unread post by Rabeha Solar » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:18 pm

SBM wrote:

And that is what Nazi said following Hitler too. That is what Shimar said when following orders of Yazid.
if u think bohras are yazidi(nauzobuillah) why do u still pray and eat with them?

go and join suckers miya bhai.

just for once show us that u are not a hypocrite.

mnoorani

Unread post by mnoorani » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:58 pm

You are right Rabeha Solar.
Our Mola is the greatest.
He has gold and silver tables and chairs and rooms full of money.He lives in a palace and all his children are called princes.even the children of Ahle Bait were not called prince and princesses.This is the rue sign of a great leader.The amount of wealth that he amasses.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:15 pm

Rabeha Heater
same thing goes with dawoodi bohras, for us syedna(tus) is true leader and divinely appointed, and we are happy to follow him undoubtedly.[/quote
]if u think bohras are yazidi(nauzobuillah) why do u still pray and eat with them
First of all I did not say Bohras are Yazid I said
That is what Shimar said when following orders of Yazid.
And I do not eat with them praying I only pray twice a year behind them Lailatul Qadr and Ashura BTW EVEN MOULA ALI PRAYED BEHIND THE KHALIFAS ON WHOM YOU SAY LAANATS
DID YOU VISIT THE NEEDY MUMINEEN OF AHMEDABAD YET

sixfeetunder

Unread post by sixfeetunder » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:35 am

Rabeha Solar wrote:
sixfeetunder wrote:This one aptly applies to the present Dawoodi Bohra community:

- George Washington

Ahlul Bayt never snatched freedom of speech from their followers. Please read some history. People were in fact encouraged to ask all sorts of questions. Ahlul bayt is the house of knowledge. There was transparency. They led simple lives and avoided unnecessary vanities of life. That is why Muslims of all denomination flocked towards them.

sixfeetunder

Unread post by sixfeetunder » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:37 am

There are six traits that must not be found in a true believer [of complete faith], viciousness and ill-temperedness, miserliness, obstinacy, dishonesty, jealousy, and oppression [of others].

Imam Jafar Sadiq (a)

Rabeha Solar

Unread post by Rabeha Solar » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:00 am

SBM wrote:Rabeha Heater
same thing goes with dawoodi bohras, for us syedna(tus) is true leader and divinely appointed, and we are happy to follow him undoubtedly.[/quote First of all I did not say Bohras are Yazid I said
And I do not eat with them praying I only pray twice a year behind them Lailatul Qadr and Ashura BTW EVEN MOULA ALI PRAYED BEHIND THE KHALIFAS ON WHOM YOU SAY LAANATS
DID YOU VISIT THE NEEDY MUMINEEN OF AHMEDABAD YET
I am waiting for u to come ahmedabad so we together can visit them, dont forget to let me know when u are here. :mrgreen:

Rabeha Solar

Unread post by Rabeha Solar » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:05 am

@sixfeet under, we dont have any doubt on huzur(tus), so there is no point of questining him, first condition to be a momeen is to follow Imam and his representative without questioning. or making doubts.

mnoorani

Unread post by mnoorani » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:42 am

Make party at Ambassadoe Hotel.

sixfeetunder

Unread post by sixfeetunder » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:24 am

Rabeha Solar wrote:@sixfeet under, we dont have any doubt on huzur(tus), so there is no point of questining him, first condition to be a momeen is to follow Imam and his representative without questioning. or making doubts.
A representative ceases to be a representative when he goes against the commands of the one he is representing. I do not consider the Syedna as being representative of the Imam. Just because I was born in a Bohra family, I do not wish to be exploited in the name of religion. Since you have no doubts about him, you must have surely done a lot of soul-searching and research. Or maybe you have these beliefs simply because you were born in a Bohra family. Similarly, people of other sects and faiths have no doubts about their leaders and god-men. Even when their corruption is exposed, the followers make some excuses and choose to ignore. When asked why one is choosing to ignore the obvious, the answer is a mind-numbing: "We don't have any doubts about him, so there is no point in questioning him, first condition to be a true follower is to follow without questioning". End of discussion. Assalaamualaikum.

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:33 pm

"You don't always win all your battles, but is good to know you fought... :wink: "

exploitedpocket

Unread post by exploitedpocket » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:01 am

najwa najwa little covers, may i wonder what you are.

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:42 pm

" the world suffers a lot...
Not because of the violence of the bad people...
'But because of the silence of good people... "
~ Napoleon

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:06 pm

Vengeance is a disease that multiplies, divides, and becomes the scourge of humankind; it is anathema to creation because it destroys what exists.

sixfeetunder

Unread post by sixfeetunder » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:46 am

Nobility is a matter of good intellect and good conduct, not of lineage and descent.

Imam Ali (a)