the dais family

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
ponga bhori

Re: the dais family

Unread post by ponga bhori » Mon May 21, 2007 1:27 pm

Such persons try to find a easier way out, and seek the guidance from some one else. Instead, they could decide to stay on, try and purge the system, strive for betterment of the system.
We, reformist bohras, decide to stay on and put a fight against the wrongdoings...
It is easy to secede out, make a new sect or ideology, but difficult to stay on, fight against the corruption and the corrupted components.
No it is not easy to get out, many a times it has been said on this very board how difficult the kothar makes it to get out.

All the best to the reformists, but how are you going to win over the Satan, many have failed,he is still here and shall always.Allah's will.

Only way to disassociate from the Satan and Allign with ALLAH only

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Mon May 21, 2007 2:14 pm

.BR Amerg
AS

Only way to change situation of Bohra is to return to the way of Hz. Ali, Hz. Hussain and Prophet SAW.

That is: When you see wrong you take firm stand and destroy devient beliefs. That is what our Prophet did.

Good luck reforming Kothar.

aftabm

Unread post by aftabm » Mon May 21, 2007 2:27 pm

No it is not easy to get out, many a times it has been said on this very board how difficult the kothar makes it to get out.

All the best to the reformists, but how are you going to win over the Satan, many have failed,he is still here and shall always.Allah's will.

Only way to disassociate from the Satan and Allign with ALLAH only
Its certainly not easy even to get out.... but more difficult and more important is to be in the system and try to change it....

Many have failed... and even i might. But that doesnt and shouldnt stop us from trying.

ponga bhori

Unread post by ponga bhori » Mon May 21, 2007 2:45 pm

"....failed... and even i might."

Amerge,
You will fail.
Destined to fail.
No way Satan can be over powered by any man.
Allah has granted him to take man astray.
You are nothing but "trying" in this endavour to go against the will of AllaH.
First of all stop believing in him.
Recognise that you are following the satan by accepting him as your dia.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Mon May 21, 2007 4:15 pm

Br.Amerge

Read the following Ayah. Read your favorite translation. Read Tafseer of this Ayah. Ponder what means by “entering Islam completely”.

2:208 yaa 'ayyuhaa 'alladhena 'aamano udkhulo fe as- silm kaaffah wa- laa tattabico khut.uwaat ash- shayt.aan 'inna -hu la- -kum cadow muben

To me this means departing from wastage of my previous religious beliefs.

Bohras have exchanged Bhagwan and Permeshwar for Allah and Khuda but they have also exchanged Dashrath, Ram, Sita, Luv and Kush for Muhammad, Ali, Fatima, Has an and Hussein (as their deities).

Wasalaam

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Mon May 21, 2007 4:19 pm

MF
Here you go again quoting Hadiths and Ayahs but when you had a chance to talk to some one in person, "YOU CHOSE NOT TO BECAUSE YOU DIDNOT WANT TO ROCK THE BOAD" and I am refering to your socializing and attending marriage party of Sk. Dahodwala.

aftabm

Unread post by aftabm » Tue May 22, 2007 8:55 am

Ponga Bohri...

Thats difference between you and me, you choose to disalign from the system, i choose to remain in the system. You have already declared that we will fail and i keep on fighting...

MF
I read the ayah u have quoted, it does not stop us from reforming the system.. does it.....

Humsafar

Unread post by Humsafar » Tue May 22, 2007 1:01 pm

...Bhagwan and Permeshwar for Allah and Khuda but they have also exchanged Dashrath, Ram, Sita, Luv and Kush...
What's wrong with these characters? Remember, your forefathers were Hindus before Islam was rammed down their throats.

Amerge,

I agree with you. The talk of separating is nothing more than escapism. Stay put and fight the "satan" man. That's the only right thing to do.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue May 22, 2007 1:20 pm

Humsafar,
What's wrong with these characters? Remember, your forefathers were Hindus before Islam was rammed down their throats.
That is simply your version of history. Show me a single instance of forced conversion of Hindus to Islam. Our forefathers were simply smarter than the majority of the Hindus. Unfortunately, some of their descendents turned out to be not so smart. They are stuck somewhere in between. Neither Hindus nor Muslims.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue May 22, 2007 1:23 pm

Oh yeah we've had this discussion before when you decided to show another version of history where Hindus weren't forced to become Muslims but since the rulers were Muslims, the Hindus, in order to please the rulers accepted Islam. And now we are back to the forced conversions. Looks like you are stuck in a loop.

Humsafar

Unread post by Humsafar » Tue May 22, 2007 2:20 pm

All faith-based religions grounded in myth and fiction are cut from the same cloth. None is better or superior than the other except in the mind of a believer. To talk of Hindu religious figures in disparaging terms is to show not only one's immaturity but also a particular kind of bigotry.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Tue May 22, 2007 3:52 pm

Br. Hunsafar

I wrote:
Bohras have exchanged Bhagwan and Permeshwar for Allah and Khuda but they have also exchanged Dashrath, Ram, Sita, Luv and Kush for Muhammad, Ali, Fatima, Has an and Hussein (as their deities).
Where do you see "disparaging terms" and "bigotry" in this statement?

pro_pig

Unread post by pro_pig » Wed May 23, 2007 2:23 am

does not make sense

aftabm

Unread post by aftabm » Wed May 23, 2007 4:51 am

Humsafar

Nicely put. Fiction, myth and miracle are part of all relegions. then why make mockery of other relegions/faiths. Somehow i feel that more devoted ppl has become less tolerant about other's faith. No one denies their rightto profess and propogate thier ideas, but to mock and reject other's faith is something else.

JC

Unread post by JC » Wed May 23, 2007 3:43 pm

Fully agree with Amerge and Humsafar.

I have been saying that the Biggest Division for Human Race is Religion. Yes, all Orthos of all religions are fanatics and less tolerant of others. They preach and practice hatred towards others. This is true with relgions and sub-religions. Liberals are more tolerant and understanding. The root cause of fight and hatred is fantasism in every religion.

And yes, every religion has mythes, drama and stuff coz without that the theatre will collapse. You need to have Super-heros who died but did not die, you need to have heros like Priests and Dais and others. Religion is just like a big Movie, with everything in it - drama, action, laughter, cries, wars etc etc.

For bohras - ask them why they do purjosh matam after every farz paryer NOW??? and NOW they say if you donot do this your namaz is not complete. They laugh at concept of Taraweeh, can they explain the concept of Washaeq, Tabudaat Na Amal - ok given, washaeq and Tabudaat all ask you to pray and recite quran, so does Taraweeh (so what if it with Imam) - can they explain Matam the greatest Bidaat Islam has even seen.

like_minded

Unread post by like_minded » Thu May 24, 2007 4:25 am

JC you've hit the nail on the head!!

Hussain_KSA

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Thu May 24, 2007 9:48 am

Agreed with Brother JC but I think he forget to mention "Darees".

JC

Unread post by JC » Thu May 24, 2007 4:21 pm

Thanks Bros Like-Minded and Hussain-KSA

Yeah, one big drama is Darees!! we all know what that crap is!! and for ladies 'Mithi Shitabi'... wow... bohras are good at invented ocassions of food and festivities in the name of religion, not to forget ladies arrange 'coffee mornings' or 'coffee parties' in the name of Tasbeeh. The major portion at all these events go to gossiping, laugher and jaman.

And the Drama, oh yeah, i forgot to mention the melodious songs bohras have during these Long Plays - Marsias and Madahs - and almost all of them are copied from either Indian movies or Pakistani national songs - the famous Madah these days - Yeah Chaman Tumhra Hay - has been modified from Yeah Watam Tumhara Hay, famous Pak national song sung by Mahdi Hassan. Come on you Ortho bohras - don't you have that little originality!!!!????

And on Old Man's birthday the Amils cut cake, amils were Wadhawood, distribution of sweets and sharbat - Amils got hefty salams - sheeps paid Najwa and offcourse Jaman.

Waza-e-Fona, Tasbeeh-e-Asma .....!!!!!

Run sheep run - fodder is about to be served !!!

pro_pig

Unread post by pro_pig » Fri May 25, 2007 12:36 am

jc,
what u was doing there when they where distribution sweets n sharbat.probaly it ran out that y u mad huh...

JC

Unread post by JC » Fri May 25, 2007 2:19 pm

Pro_Pig

I was there and there was plenty sharbat and sweet and cake, I must say. And I got my share too..!!! donot worry!!

I am part of that silent majority who are there, who watch and see - most of us cannot get out due to number of reasons and we all know those. I can very well see and note, the surprise and anger in people's eyes and if one can analyze the general comments people make, one will realize that there is agony and hatred and there is a feeling that enough is enough. I know many who are 'true followers' of Dai, but there is anger on Kothar, Amils, Shahzada and loot and plunder - this is the start, it is tip on the ice-berg. Once the current dictator dies, the whole system will collapse.

JC

Unread post by JC » Fri May 25, 2007 2:25 pm

Quaid Johar is the Finance Minister of Kothar and the world is divided into regions headed by Shahzadas. Each region has a Collection Target and the responsible Shahzada has to ensure he collects that much. The collection is the criteria in the higher equation of Power-Sharing. The main purpose is to amass wealth. Now due to ill health of burhan, the collection for next years Wajebat has started from now on only - people are being asked to have the Takhmeen done!!

Next, Muffadal has great influence in Africa. The African bohras call him 'Muffadal Maula' - this is the first sign of yet another division. If after Burhan, Muffadal does not get the Throne, Africa is going seperate ways with Maulana Muffadal.

jamanpasand

Unread post by jamanpasand » Fri May 25, 2007 5:59 pm

Next, Muffadal has great influence in Africa. The African bohras call him 'Muffadal Maula' - this is the first sign of yet another division. If after Burhan, Muffadal does not get the Throne, Africa is going seperate ways with Maulana Muffadal.

Interesting post.
Who will have lucrative, Europe and North America ?

aftabm

Unread post by aftabm » Fri May 25, 2007 9:08 pm

I have a question...

Since suleimani, alavi and dawoodi bohras are all originated from same descendents, Who controls shrine of common Dais. For example, Syedana Zoeb, the first dai. Is it not a bone of contention among the supremos of diff bohra sects.....

pro_pig

Unread post by pro_pig » Sat May 26, 2007 12:27 am

• I am part of that silent majority who are there, who watch and see - most of us cannot get out due to number of reasons and we all know those. I can very well see and note, the surprise and anger in people's eyes and if one can analyze the general comments people make, one will realize that there is agony and hatred and there is a feeling that enough is enough. I know many who are 'true followers' of Dai, but there is anger on Kothar, Amils, Shahzada and loot and plunder - this is the start, it is tip on the ice-berg. Once the current dictator dies, the whole system will collapse.
    u should stop going there if u hate.instead u should go to mr asgar or insaf house for namaz.if i hate somebody i will not drink a sip of water.

JC

Unread post by JC » Mon May 28, 2007 3:46 pm

Well, Europe, North America and Asia (sub-divided bwtween India/Pakistan and Middle East, I beleive Far East is also separate) are UP FOR GRAB..!!!! These are under various Shahzadas. What I feel is that after Burhan, some dummy old guy will be installed as Figure Head (and call him IMAM..!!) and world will be atleast divided into 4 regions each headed by a DAI - Africa surely will get Muffadal Maula. They will be independent but part of a loosely-knit Federal Head of State (the Imam) who presumably have his seat at some remote country.

Pro

Why do you always ask us to LEAVE - we are not goning to leave, we are here to STAY. The Bohra Wealth is not the property of Bait-e-Shitty the current ruling family. If some one has to leave then it has to be Kotharis and people like you.