Authentic Sayings of Rasullallah saw

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
aliabbas_aa

Authentic Sayings of Rasullallah saw

Unread post by aliabbas_aa » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:10 am

Assalamalaikum,
We can all contribute to this thread by posting one authentic saying of prophet pbuh everyday inshallah
Hadith on Prayer: How the Prophet would open his night prayer with supplications for guidance

Abdurahman ibn Awf reported: I asked Aisha, mother of the believers, about words which the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, used to open his prayer when he would stand at night. She said: When he would stand at night, he would open his prayer by saying, “O Allah, Lord of Gabriel, Michael, and Israfel; Originator of the heavens and the earth; Knower of the unseen and the seen; You judge between Your servants concerning that in which they differ. Guide me, by your leave, in what people differ concerning the truth. Indeed, You guide whom You will to the straight path.”

[Sahih Muslim, Book 4, Number 1694]

أَبُو سَلَمَةَ بْنُ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنِ عَوْفٍ قَالَ سَأَلْتُ عَائِشَةَ أُمَّ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ بِأَيِّ شَيْءٍ كَانَ نَبِيُّ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ يَفْتَتِحُ صَلَاتَهُ إِذَا قَامَ مِنْ اللَّيْلِ قَالَتْ كَانَ إِذَا قَامَ مِنْ اللَّيْلِ افْتَتَحَ صَلَاتَهُ اللَّهُمَّ رَبَّ جَبْرَائِيلَ وَمِيكَائِيلَ وَإِسْرَافِيلَ فَاطِرَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ عَالِمَ الْغَيْبِ وَالشَّهَادَةِ أَنْتَ تَحْكُمُ بَيْنَ عِبَادِكَ فِيمَا كَانُوا فِيهِ يَخْتَلِفُونَ اهْدِنِي لِمَا اخْتُلِفَ فِيهِ مِنْ الْحَقِّ بِإِذْنِكَ إِنَّكَ تَهْدِي مَنْ تَشَاءُ إِلَى صِرَاطٍ مُسْتَقِيمٍ

صحيح مسلم كِتَاب صَلَاةِ الْمُسَافِرِينَ وَقَصْرِهَا اللهم لك الحمد أنت نور السموات والأرض ولك الحمد أنت قيام السموات والأرض

aliabbas_aa

Re: Authentic Sayings of Rasullallah saw

Unread post by aliabbas_aa » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:11 am

The Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “Whoever conceals the faults of a Muslim in this world, Allah will conceal his faults in this world and in the Hereafter.” [Muslim]

It is a sign of noble character to overlook the mistakes of our Muslim brothers and sisters. As we err, they err. As we would like to be forgiven and our deficiencies concealed, we should forgive and conceal their deficiencies.

This pertains to the faults of a Muslim as they pertain to his self. This does not apply where the rights of other people are involved. For example, you will conceal the fact that a person doesn’t bathe frequently enough but you will not stay quiet when that same person behaves dishonestly with public funds.

Rabeha Solar

Unread post by Rabeha Solar » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:04 am

aliabbas_aa wrote:Assalamalaikum,
We can all contribute to this thread by posting one authentic saying of prophet pbuh everyday inshallah
Hadith on Prayer: How the Prophet would open his night prayer with supplications for guidance

Abdurahman ibn Awf reported: I asked Aisha, mother of the believers, about words which the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, used to open his prayer when he would stand at night. She said: When he would stand at night, he would open his prayer by saying, “O Allah, Lord of Gabriel, Michael, and Israfel; Originator of the heavens and the earth; Knower of the unseen and the seen; You judge between Your servants concerning that in which they differ. Guide me, by your leave, in what people differ concerning the truth. Indeed, You guide whom You will to the straight path.”

أَبُو سَلَمَةَ بْنُ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنِ عَوْفٍ قَالَ سَأَلْتُ عَائِشَةَ أُمَّ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ بِأَيِّ شَيْءٍ كَانَ نَبِيُّ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ يَفْتَتِحُ صَلَاتَهُ إِذَا قَامَ مِنْ اللَّيْلِ قَالَتْ كَانَ إِذَا قَامَ مِنْ اللَّيْلِ افْتَتَحَ صَلَاتَهُ اللَّهُمَّ رَبَّ جَبْرَائِيلَ وَمِيكَائِيلَ وَإِسْرَافِيلَ فَاطِرَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ عَالِمَ الْغَيْبِ وَالشَّهَادَةِ أَنْتَ تَحْكُمُ بَيْنَ عِبَادِكَ فِيمَا كَانُوا فِيهِ يَخْتَلِفُونَ اهْدِنِي لِمَا اخْتُلِفَ فِيهِ مِنْ الْحَقِّ بِإِذْنِكَ إِنَّكَ تَهْدِي مَنْ تَشَاءُ إِلَى صِرَاطٍ مُسْتَقِيمٍ

صحيح مسلم كِتَاب صَلَاةِ الْمُسَافِرِينَ وَقَصْرِهَا اللهم لك الحمد أنت نور السموات والأرض ولك الحمد أنت قيام السموات والأرض
how do you know they are authentic?
LONG LIVE SYEDNA MUHAMMED BURHANUDDIN(TUS)

Rabeha Solar

Unread post by Rabeha Solar » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:04 am

aliabbas_aa wrote:The Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “Whoever conceals the faults of a Muslim in this world, Allah will conceal his faults in this world and in the Hereafter.” [Muslim]

It is a sign of noble character to overlook the mistakes of our Muslim brothers and sisters. As we err, they err. As we would like to be forgiven and our deficiencies concealed, we should forgive and conceal their deficiencies.

This pertains to the faults of a Muslim as they pertain to his self. This does not apply where the rights of other people are involved. For example, you will conceal the fact that a person doesn’t bathe frequently enough but you will not stay quiet when that same person behaves dishonestly with public funds.
WHY DO U WAHABIS GO AGAINST THIS VERY HADITH AND KEEP CALLING KAFIR TO SHIAS?

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:34 pm

Rabeha Solar wrote:

Please read this
Opening Supplications (Du'aa's)
http://www.qss.org/articles/salah/08.html#RTFToC1

Please read whole accounts of how Prophet SAW prayed Namaaz.

The Prophet's Prayer (saws)

From The beginning To The End As Though You See It

By: Shaikh Muhammad Naasir-ud-Deen Al-Albaani
Translated by: Usama ibn Suhaib Hasan

http://www.missionislam.com/knowledge/prayerprophet.htm

Rabeha Solar

Unread post by Rabeha Solar » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:48 pm

Muslim First wrote:
Rabeha Solar wrote: how do you know they are authentic?
Please read this
Opening Supplications (Du'aa's)
http://www.qss.org/articles/salah/08.html#RTFToC1

Please read whole accounts of how Prophet SAW prayed Namaaz.

The Prophet's Prayer (saws)

From The beginning To The End As Though You See It

By: Shaikh Muhammad Naasir-ud-Deen Al-Albaani
Translated by: Usama ibn Suhaib Hasan

http://www.missionislam.com/knowledge/prayerprophet.htm
how do u know every thing written on this WEB page is authentic?

LONG LIVE SYEDNA MUHAMMED BURHANUDDIN(TUS)

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:15 pm

Rabeha Solar wrote: how do u know every thing written on this WEB page is authentic?
Rabeha Solar
Have you ever heard name of Late Shaikh Muhammad Naasir-ud-Deen Al-Albaani ?
Please read this
Muhammad Nasiruddin al-Albani

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_N ... _al-Albani

Science of Hadith
http://www.hoor-al-ayn.com/articles/Sun ... 0Brief.pdf

Introduction to Science of Hadith
http://kalamullah.com/Books/An%20Introd ... Hadith.pdf

The Science of Hadith: An Introduction
http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?HD=1&ID=2610&

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:20 pm

ENJOINING GOOD AND FORBIDDING EVIL

Abu Saad Khudri related that Prophet SAW said;

Whoever observes something wrong should change it with his hands. If he is unable to do so, then he should speak against it with his tongue. If he is unable to do even that, then he should at least resent it in his heart-and this is lowest level of faith. (Muslim)

Abdulla Bin Masud narrated that Prophet SAW said:

By Allah, you must enjoin good and forbid evil, you must catch hold of oppressor’s hand and give him severe warning to stick to truth, or Allah will surely set up the hearts of some of you against those of others, and then he will certainly curse you as HE cursed the children of Israel. (Related by Abu Dawud and At-Tirmidhi)

Abu Masud Al-Ansari narrated that Prophet SAW said:

Whoever guides someone towards good will receive the reward of one who acts upon it. (Related by Ahmed)

Asiyya bin Umayrah narrated that Prophet SAW said:

Allah does not punish the individuals for the sins of the community until they see the evil spreading among themselves, and while they have power to stop it, and do not act to do so. (Related by At-Tirmidhi)
From “A treasury of Ahadith”
Dr. Mazhar U. Kazi

Rabeha Solar

Unread post by Rabeha Solar » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:21 pm

Muslim First wrote:
Rabeha Solar wrote: how do u know every thing written on this WEB page is authentic?
Rabeha Solar
Have you ever heard name of Late Shaikh Muhammad Naasir-ud-Deen Al-Albaani ?
Please read this
Muhammad Nasiruddin al-Albani

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_N ... _al-Albani

Science of Hadith
http://www.hoor-al-ayn.com/articles/Sun ... 0Brief.pdf

Introduction to Science of Hadith
http://kalamullah.com/Books/An%20Introd ... Hadith.pdf

The Science of Hadith: An Introduction
http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?HD=1&ID=2610&
how u know what ever he writes is authentic?

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:44 pm

Rabeha Solar wrote: how u know what ever he writes is authentic?
Take one of his work and prove he erred

For example
http://www.qss.org/articles/salah/09.html#RTFToC3
The Necessity of al-Faatihah, and its Excellence
He would vehemently emphasise the importance of this soorah, saying: "There is no prayer for the one who did not recite [in it] the opening chapter [at least]"129, and in another saying: That prayer is not sufficient in which a man does not recite the Opening of the Book130. He also said: He who performs a prayer in which he does not recite the Opening of the Book, then it (i.e. the prayer) is deficient, it is deficient, it is deficient, incomplete.131. He also said:

Allaah the Blessed and Exalted has said: "I have divided the prayer132 between Myself and My servant, into two halves: half of it is for Me and half is for My servant, and My servant shall have what he has asked for." Then the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said: Recite! The servant says "Praise be to Allaah, the Lord of the Worlds"; Allaah the Exalted says "My servant has praised Me". The servant says, "The Most Merciful, the Bestower of Mercy"; Allaah says, "My servant has extolled Me". The servant says "Master of the Day of Judgment"; Allaah the Exalted says, "My servant has glorified Me". The servant says, "It is You (alone) we worship and it is You (alone) we ask for help"; [He says:], "This is between Me and My servant, and My servant shall have what he has asked for". The servant says, "Guide us to the Straight Path, the Path of those whom You have favoured, not of those who receive Your anger, nor of those who go astray". [He says:], "All these are for My servant, and My servant shall have what he has asked for."133
He also used to say: Allaah did not reveal in the Torah or the Gospel anything like the Mother of the Qur'aan. It is the Seven Oft-Repeated134[and the Grand Recitation which have been bestowed upon me].135

He (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) commanded "the one who prayed badly" to recite it in his prayer136, but said to one who could not remember it, Say:

(I declare Allaah free from all defects; all Praise be to Allaah; none has the right to be worshipped but Allaah; Allaah is the Greatest; there is no might or power except by Allaah)137.
He also said to "the one who prayed badly": If you know some of the Qur'aan, then recite it, otherwise praise Allaah, declare His Greatness and declare that none has the right to be worshipped but Allaah;138
Prove this is not authentic

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:52 pm

Rabeha Solar wrote:

Can you post authentic Dua according to Bohra religion

Rabeha Solar

Unread post by Rabeha Solar » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:16 pm

Muslim First wrote:
Rabeha Solar wrote: how do you know they are authentic?
Can you post authentic Dua according to Bohra religion
go and seek from bohra book stalls

Rabeha Solar

Unread post by Rabeha Solar » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:17 pm

Muslim First wrote:
Rabeha Solar wrote: how u know what ever he writes is authentic?
Take one of his work and prove he erred

For example
http://www.qss.org/articles/salah/09.html#RTFToC3
The Necessity of al-Faatihah, and its Excellence
He would vehemently emphasise the importance of this soorah, saying: "There is no prayer for the one who did not recite [in it] the opening chapter [at least]"129, and in another saying: That prayer is not sufficient in which a man does not recite the Opening of the Book130. He also said: He who performs a prayer in which he does not recite the Opening of the Book, then it (i.e. the prayer) is deficient, it is deficient, it is deficient, incomplete.131. He also said:

Allaah the Blessed and Exalted has said: "I have divided the prayer132 between Myself and My servant, into two halves: half of it is for Me and half is for My servant, and My servant shall have what he has asked for." Then the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said: Recite! The servant says "Praise be to Allaah, the Lord of the Worlds"; Allaah the Exalted says "My servant has praised Me". The servant says, "The Most Merciful, the Bestower of Mercy"; Allaah says, "My servant has extolled Me". The servant says "Master of the Day of Judgment"; Allaah the Exalted says, "My servant has glorified Me". The servant says, "It is You (alone) we worship and it is You (alone) we ask for help"; [He says:], "This is between Me and My servant, and My servant shall have what he has asked for". The servant says, "Guide us to the Straight Path, the Path of those whom You have favoured, not of those who receive Your anger, nor of those who go astray". [He says:], "All these are for My servant, and My servant shall have what he has asked for."133
He also used to say: Allaah did not reveal in the Torah or the Gospel anything like the Mother of the Qur'aan. It is the Seven Oft-Repeated134[and the Grand Recitation which have been bestowed upon me].135

He (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) commanded "the one who prayed badly" to recite it in his prayer136, but said to one who could not remember it, Say:

(I declare Allaah free from all defects; all Praise be to Allaah; none has the right to be worshipped but Allaah; Allaah is the Greatest; there is no might or power except by Allaah)137.
He also said to "the one who prayed badly": If you know some of the Qur'aan, then recite it, otherwise praise Allaah, declare His Greatness and declare that none has the right to be worshipped but Allaah;138
Prove this is not authentic
you are the one who claim this is authentic, so prove it is authentic.

aliabbas_aa

Unread post by aliabbas_aa » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:20 am

Abu Tharr Al-Ghefari said: "The Messenger of Allah, salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam, said "O Abu Tharr! if you fast three days of every month, then fast the 13th, the 14th and the 15th [these are call the al-ayaam al-beedh, the white days]". [Ahmad, an-Nasaa'i and at-Tirmithi; Sahih]

“Fasting and the Qur’an will intercede for the slave on the Day of Resurrection. Fasting will say: ‘O My Rabb! I prevented him from food and desires, so accept my intercession for him.’ And the Qur’an will say: ‘I prevented him from sleep during the night, so accept my intercession for him.’ He (sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam) said: ‘And they will (be allowed to) intercede.’” [Ahmad, at-Tabarani, Al-Hakim, Sahih]

So let us get closer to Allah by fasting Mondays and Thursdays or at least 3 days every month on the 14th,15th and 16th. If we leave something for the pleasure of Allah then we will get MUCH greater in return!

Rabeha Solar

Unread post by Rabeha Solar » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:31 am

aliabbas_aa wrote:Abu Tharr Al-Ghefari said: "The Messenger of Allah, salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam, said "O Abu Tharr! if you fast three days of every month, then fast the 13th, the 14th and the 15th [these are call the al-ayaam al-beedh, the white days]". [Ahmad, an-Nasaa'i and at-Tirmithi; Sahih]

“Fasting and the Qur’an will intercede for the slave on the Day of Resurrection. Fasting will say: ‘O My Rabb! I prevented him from food and desires, so accept my intercession for him.’ And the Qur’an will say: ‘I prevented him from sleep during the night, so accept my intercession for him.’ He (sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam) said: ‘And they will (be allowed to) intercede.’” [Ahmad, at-Tabarani, Al-Hakim, Sahih]

So let us get closer to Allah by fasting Mondays and Thursdays or at least 3 days every month on the 14th,15th and 16th. If we leave something for the pleasure of Allah then we will get MUCH greater in return!
how do u know this is an authentic hadith?

aliabbas_aa

Unread post by aliabbas_aa » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:45 am

rabeha :

A hadith consists of two parts: its text, called matn, and its chain of narrators, called isnad. Comprehensive and strict criteria were separately developed for the evaluation of matn and isnad. The former is regarded as the internal test of ahadith, and the latter is considered the external test. A hadith was accepted as authentic and recorded into text only when it met both of these criteria independently.

Criteria for the Evaluation of Isnad

The unblemished and undisputed character of the narrator, called rawi, was the most important consideration for the acceptance of a hadith. As stated earlier, a new branch of 'ilm al-hadith known as asma' ar-rijal was developed to evaluate the credibility of narrators. The following are a few of the criteria utilized for this purpose:

1. The name, nickname, title, parentage and occupation of the narrator should be known.
2. The original narrator should have stated that he heard the hadith directly from the Prophet.
3. If a narrator referred his hadith to another narrator, the two should have lived in the same period and have had the possibility of meeting each other.
4. At the time of hearing and transmitting the hadith, the narrator should have been physically and mentally capable of understanding and remembering it.
5. The narrator should have been known as a pious and virtuous person.
6. The narrator should not have been accused of having lied, given false evidence or committed a crime.
7. The narrator should not have spoken against other reliable people.
8. The narrator's religious beliefs and practices should have been known to be correct.
9. The narrator should not have carried out and practiced peculiar religious beliefs of his own.
Criteria for the Evaluation of Matn

1. The text should have been stated in plain and simple language.
2. A text in non-Arabic or couched in indecent language was rejected.
3. A text prescribing heavy punishment for minor sins or exceptionally large reward for small virtues was rejected.
4. A text which referred to actions that should have been commonly known and practiced by others but were not known and practiced was rejected.
5. A text contrary to the basic teachings of the Qur'an was rejected.
6. A text contrary to other ahadith was rejected.
7. A text contrary to basic reason, logic and the known principles of human society was rejected.
8. A text inconsistent with historical facts was rejected.
9. Extreme care was taken to ensure the text was the original narration of the Prophet and not the sense of what the narrator heard. The meaning of the hadith was accepted only when the narrator was well known for his piety and integrity of character.
10. A text derogatory to the Prophet, members of his family or his companions was rejected.
11. A text by an obscure narrator which was not known during the age of sahabah [the Prophet's companions] or the tabi'een [those who inherited the knowledge of the sahabah] was rejected.
Along with these generally accepted criteria, each scholar then developed and practiced his own set of specific criteria to further ensure the authenticity of each hadith. For instance, Imam al-Bukhari would not accept a hadith unless it clearly stated that narrator A had heard it from narrator B. He would not accept the general statement that A narrated through B. On this basis he did not accept a single hadith narrated through 'Uthman, even though Hasan al-Basri always stayed very close to 'Ali. Additionally, it is stated that Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal practiced each hadith before recording it in his Musnad [book or collection of hadith].

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:13 am

Ali
AS
Do not waste time answering raheba.
If you post Hadith that Prophet SAW prayed 5 times a day he/she will ask

How do you know Hadith is authentic?
Ignore. Him/her

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:24 am

Rabeha Solar wrote:
Muslim First wrote: Prove this is not authentic
you are the one who claim this is authentic, so prove it is authentic.
Raheba Solar
AS

Please do not waste your time repeating same question every time a Hadit is posted.
Like I said you will even question existence of a single Hadith except what you heard from your Bhagwan.

Wasalaam

aliabbas_aa

Unread post by aliabbas_aa » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:15 am

The Prophet and Messenger of Allah (alayhi salatul wasalam) has told us in an authentic hadith, "Islam began as something strange, and it will return as something strange, so give glad tiding to the strangers (ghurabaa)." (Collected by Muslim)

In another narration it was said,"O Messenger of of Allah, who are the ghurabaa?" He (alayhi salatul wasalam) replied "those who are steadfast in righteousness at a time when the people become corrupt." (At-Tahahwee in Al-Mushkil (298-1)

In another version he (alayhi salatul wasalam) said,"those who correct what the people have corrupted of my sunnah." (At-Tirmidhee (2765) at-Tabaranee in al-Kabeer (16/17) al-Bazzar (3287) and others.)

Shaykh Abdul-Aziz ibn Abdillah ibn Baz (rahimallah) said, "If one becomes alienated and is shunned, then he should work harder in his Dawah."

This condition is the confirmation of what our Prophet and Messenger (alayhi salatul wasalam) has told us in this authentic hadith about the strangers amongst this Ummah. So this noble hadtih make it clear to the people of intellect that calling to the truth and refuting that which the people have introduced into the religion at a time when Islam is strange is regarded to be from the reformation which the Prophet (alayhi salatal wasalam) encouraged and praised it people for. This great hadith also makes clear to the readers, that it is obligatory upon the people of truth when Islam has become strange to become more active in explaining the rulings of Islam, giving dawah and spreading it's merits and virtues, and fighting against the vices. It is also necessary for them to be firm upon that until they become one of the righteous people at a time when corruption is prevelant, and they become one of those correct the mischief when the people are active in it. Indeed Allah is the Granter of sucess, Exalted be He.

Rabeha Solar

Unread post by Rabeha Solar » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:10 am

Muslim First wrote:
Muslim First wrote:
same thing applies to, do not waste our time with your stupid questions when ever a imamat topic is posted or bohras are doing some discussion, stick to your 3 idols (abu umar usman ) and live and die with them.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:38 am

Rabeha Solar wrote: AS

Please do not waste your time repeating same question every time a Hadit is posted.
Like I said you will even question existence of a single Hadith except what you heard from your Bhagwan.

Wasalaam
same thing applies to, do not waste our time with your stupid questions when ever a imamat topic is posted or bohras are doing some discussion, stick to your 3 idols (abu umar usman ) and live and die with them.
It is useless to argue with grave worshipping feet kissing brainless idiot slave like you. Nobody is wasting your time. You are wasting your time being on this site without Reza of your Master Bhagwan. So bug off.
Wasalaam

aliabbas_aa

Unread post by aliabbas_aa » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:09 pm

It is reported on the authority of Ibn `Abbas (ra) that Allah's Messenger (may Peace Be Upon Him) said when he sent Mu`aaz (ra) to Yemen: "You are going to a people who are from the People of the Book: So the first thing to which you call them should be the testimony that none has the right to be worshipped except Allah ." - And in another narration: "that they testify to the Oneness of Allah ." - "And if they obey you in that, then inform them that Allah has made compulsory upon them five prayers every day and night. And if they obey you in that, then inform them that Allah has made incumbent upon them a charity (Zakah) which is to be taken from the rich among them and given to their poor. And if they obey you in that then be careful not to take the best of their wealth (as Zakah), and be careful of the supplication of those who have suffered injustice, for there is no obstacle between it and Allah . (Narrated by Bukhari and Muslim)

The Prophet (may Peace Be Upon Him) sent Mu`aaz Ibn Jabal (ra) as his representative to Yemen, and he advised him of what was required of him there, beginning with the call to worship Allah , Alone, without partners, and that if they accepted that then he must inform them of the greatest obligations upon them after Tawheed, which are: prayer and Zakah; and that if they obeyed this, then it is incumbent upon him to maintain justice with them, and not to wrong them or cause suffering to them by taking the best of their property as Zakah, for that would constitute an injustice to them and might provoke them and cause them to invoke Allah upon him - and the invocation of the oppressed and the wronged is never rejected by Allah .

Benefits Derived From This Hadith

1. That the first thing to which the Du'ah1 must call is Tawheed - the Oneness of Allah .

2. The obligation to call to Allah with wisdom, step-by-step, beginning with the most important, then the next most important, and so on.

3. The obligation of observing five daily prayers.

4. That witr prayer 2 is not obligatory.

5. The obligation upon those who have more than they need to fulfill their basic every-day needs to pay Zakah.

6. That Zakah is not paid to the unbeliever.3

7. That the fuqaraah` are legitimate recipients of Zakah.

8. The permissibility of paying Zakah to one category of recipients from amongst the permitted categories.

9. That it is not permissible to pay Zakah outside the country unless there is no one in need of Zakah within it.

10. It is not permissible to pay Zakah to the wealthy.

11. The forbiddance of taking Zakah from the best of the people's wealth.

12. The forbiddance of any kind of injustice.

13. That the invocation of the wronged is answered.

aliabbas_aa

Unread post by aliabbas_aa » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:38 am

Sahih Muslim Book 032, Number 6214:

Abu Huraira reported Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Avoid suspicion, for suspicion is the gravest lie in talk and do not be inquisitive about one another and do not spy upon one another and do not feel envy with the other, and nurse no malice, and nurse no aversion and hostility against one another. And be fellow-brothers and servants of Allah.

aliabbas_aa

Unread post by aliabbas_aa » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:52 pm

Sahih Bukhari Volume 4, Book 56, Number 759:

Narrated ‘Abdullah bin ‘Amr:

The Prophet never used bad language neither a “Fahish nor a Mutafahish. He used to say “The best amongst you are those who have the best manners and character.”

humble_servant_us

Unread post by humble_servant_us » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:34 am

The Prophet never used bad language neither a “Fahish nor a Mutafahish. He used to say “The best amongst you are those who have the best manners and character.”
Is it good manners to call other muslim sects as kaafirs and mushriks.

humble_servant_us

Unread post by humble_servant_us » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:35 am

Is this a "authentic saying of prophet(pbuh)".

aliabbas_aa

Unread post by aliabbas_aa » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:28 am

No, so please keep this thread clean exclusively for the Authentic Sayings of Rasullallah saw

sixfeetunder

Unread post by sixfeetunder » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:33 am

Charity

- A man giving in alms one piece of silver in his lifetime is better for him than giving one hundred when about to die.

- To meet friends cheerfully and invite them to a feast are charitable acts.

- To extend consideration towards neighbors and send them presents are charitable acts.

A Brief History of the Fourteen Infallibles, Ansariyan Publications: Iran.

sixfeetunder

The Kafir

Unread post by sixfeetunder » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:26 am

"If a man calls his Muslim brother kafir, it applies to one of the two." (Bukhari)

"Whenever a man accuses another of being a kafir or wrong-doer, this accusation will rebound on him if the one accused is not in reality a kafir or wrong-doer." (Bukhari)

"The man who calls another kafir or enemy of God, and the latter was not such, this charge will indeed turn back upon the accused." (Muslim)

"He who curses a believer, it is as if he has killed him. And he who accuses a believer of kufr, it is as if he has killed him." (Bukhari)