Why Mufaddal did not accept MUBAHILA challenge?

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Al Zulfiqar

Re: Why Mufaddal did not accept MUBAHILA challenge?

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:31 pm

adam, take it easy man and read this:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10279

Adam

Unread post by Adam » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:21 pm

@Crate Lake
In your PM you do not address my question but you called me "Baby" and said you had expected a harder question. Well Adam Baby, why don't you answer this simple question first before you tackle the hard stuff.

For the record, I already replied to Crater Lake in detail, and hasn't countered the answers. Seems he can't "handle the truth".

Crater Lake

Unread post by Crater Lake » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:22 pm

Adam wrote:@Crate Lake
In your PM you do not address my question but you called me "Baby" and said you had expected a harder question. Well Adam Baby, why don't you answer this simple question first before you tackle the hard stuff.

For the record, I already replied to Crater Lake in detail, and hasn't countered the answers. Seems he can't "handle the truth".
Firstly, I am a woman. So call someone else "he."

Secondly, I cannot read an email in it's entirety that starts by discrediting an audio that everyone on this site has heard where Burhanuddin Moula says "naam su che? su naam che? Mohammaed naam che?" and where Moiz Bhaisaheb says that Aqa Moula has just conferred nass when in fact he is reciting Ya Sayyedas Shohaddai. This audio matches exactly with the video and the audio posted on the MS sponsored deceptively named believesyednaqutbuddin website. So if you cannot accept your own audio/video proof as truth, maybe it is YOU that cannot handle the truth. Stop wasting our time.

Adam

Unread post by Adam » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:52 pm

@Crater Lake

Sorry. I thought you were an Old Dude.

Secondly, I cannot read an email in it's entirety that starts by discrediting an audio that everyone on this site has heard

I did not discredit the Audio. Infact discussed it in the PM I sent you. (If you have the courage to read it).
I did ask you for the reference of the Audio. No reply.
The Quran teaches me "If a faasiq comes to you with news, then authenticate it first".
The video posted on the 53 reasons site is the same video posted on the FD site (probably edited by the Qutbis to make it more muffled).

This audio matches exactly with the video

I already told you. The Audio's are in CLIPS.
How can they match "exactly".
Can you please send me your version of "matching? No reply.

Crater Lake

Unread post by Crater Lake » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:07 pm

Adam wrote:@Crater Lake

Sorry. I thought you were an Old Dude.

Is that why you called me baby?! You must call all old dude "baby" you perv.
Secondly, I cannot read an email in it's entirety that starts by discrediting an audio that everyone on this site has heard
I did not discredit the Audio. Infact discussed it in the PM I sent you. (If you have the courage to read it).

You did discredit it. You said it cannot believed because it is from a munafiq site.
I did ask you for the reference of the Audio. No reply.

I received it in an email in July 2011
The Quran teaches me "If a faasiq comes to you with news, then authenticate it first".
The video posted on the 53 reasons site is the same video posted on the FD site (probably edited by the Qutbis to make it more muffled).
This audio matches exactly with the video
I already told you. The Audio's are in CLIPS.
How can they match "exactly".
Can you please send me your version of "matching? No reply.

I watched the video on the MS sponsored site with the audio clips I had received. I found the places where the audioclips began and then amped up the audio in the video. They matched to the T. The audio of the video sent to the masjids was extremely muffled. The clips that were emailed were more clear. Attaching them here. They came to me from someone who is on MS's side - as evident from file names.

In the Nass nu taj audio, Aqa Burhanuddin takes Syedna Taher Saifuddin's name several times but we never hear Moiz Bhaisaheb say it.
In the Maru naam audio Burhanuddin aqa stops after reading "Muffadal Bhai par nas nu taj". He then says "Su naam che? Naam su che? Mohammaed nam che?" This matches the point in the video at 26:50.

In the Nas + Mouala...+ Ijabat audio, he says Shk. Mohammed ne <something> banaya che rutba ma charaya che!!!! Listen from 0:45!! Then around 1:30 Burhanuddin Moula repeatedly tries to recite Ya Sayyedas Shohadai BUT Moiz bhaisaheb interprets it as "Be ilhamillah wa be ilhame waliye hame tamne aa sharaf aapiye che." Which is a blatant lie.

Do you need any more references Adam? The Maru naam Mohammed che audio matches the video from the point that you guys keep pointing out 26:50. You can hear "Shk Mohammed ne <something> banaya che, rutba ma charaya che" at 13:51 in the video after which Aqa Moula can be heard reciting Sayyedas Shohadai...

Here is the link to the MS sponsored video. The audio is extremely muffled vs what's in the audio clips. But you can still hear it if you have good speakers and your volume is on high. It matches with the audio clips I posted.

http://believesyednaqutbuddin.com/?s=nass+video

Adam sorry. You cannot escape the truth. It has been captured in audio and video on the sites you are promoting.

[/color]
Attachments
Nas nu Taj Pehnawe Che (1).m4a
(571.36 KiB) Downloaded 2022 times
Nas + Moulaya Muffadal (TUS) Araz + Ijabat (1).m4a
(2.67 MiB) Downloaded 2015 times
Maru Naam Mohammed Che %25281%2529 %281%29 (1).m4a
(677.35 KiB) Downloaded 2020 times

UnhappyBohra

Unread post by UnhappyBohra » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:44 pm

I was the one that had originally posted these audios on PDB. Crater Lake is right in that they were being forwarded around by email right after nass. I received them with these exact file names as well. My summation after listening to this audio is that Aqa Moula thought he was giving sharaf of Hadiyat to some Shk. Mohammed! That explains the hand on shoulder, shawl etc....

I cannot stand that Moiz bhaisab is lying.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:33 pm

If they can bribe politicians day in and day out and give Modi Rs.100 crore for elections then imagine how much MS must have PAID these so called "Royals" to change sides. Its as simple as that and doesn't require rocket science to understand that its all about money............ faith, belief, righteousness, integrity, honesty etc. my foot !!!

haqniwaat

Unread post by haqniwaat » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:38 pm

ghulam muhammed wrote:If they can bribe politicians day in and day out and give Modi Rs.100 crore for elections then imagine how much MS must have PAID these so called "Royals" to change sides. Its as simple as that and doesn't require rocket science to understand that its all about money............ faith, belief, righteousness, integrity, honesty etc. my foot !!!
You are right! The strategy muffy used was for decades: he has been getting every qasre aali bs to become an aamil. And you know what happens to those who don't listen to muffy. We are talking about way back before his "nass" in London. So now that he has all these bs under his control - financially - do you think any of them are going to leave their cushy seats to go and work like normal people in the real world?! They've sold their souls to Satan - literally!

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:16 pm

haqniwaat wrote:The strategy muffy used was for decades: he has been getting every qasre aali bs to become an aamil.
You forgot to add one more important thing that not only does he make them Amils but also ensures that they get all the "Plum" postings in cash rich countries and cities, have you ever seen these so called royals in places like khargone, beed, betul etc etc.

alam

Unread post by alam » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:37 pm

The non QasreAali and non-MufaddalBs hard core followers who are AAMILSAHEBS and High post positions are being fired left and right, but the intelligent (street savvy) among them have quickly figured out where the moola is. Don't forget, even QJ, Shehzada Abbas Bs, shabbirbhaisaheb And many others have been stripped of important posts in Dawat since SMB stroke. That is a constant reminder of the capriciousness of this regime.
People at the top positions in a corrupt system just cannot think and function out of the box, especially when complicated with secretive haqiqat sabak tasawwoor, fear, and threat of being ostracized.
This zahir-baatin thing with TaizoonBs is just a tip of the iceberg of the deeper problems in an ideology that has become corrupt with greed, self-righteousness, pride and jealousy, the four evils of basic human nature.

haqniwaat

Unread post by haqniwaat » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:32 pm

alam wrote:The non QasreAali and non-MufaddalBs hard core followers who are AAMILSAHEBS and High post positions are being fired left and right, but the intelligent (street savvy) among them have quickly figured out where the moola is. Don't forget, even QJ, Shehzada Abbas Bs, shabbirbhaisaheb And many others have been stripped of important posts in Dawat since SMB stroke. That is a constant reminder of the capriciousness of this regime.
People at the top positions in a corrupt system just cannot think and function out of the box, especially when complicated with secretive haqiqat sabak tasawwoor, fear, and threat of being ostracized.
This zahir-baatin thing with TaizoonBs is just a tip of the iceberg of the deeper problems in an ideology that has become corrupt with greed, self-righteousness, pride and jealousy, the four evils of basic human nature.
Alam Bhai,
Enough excuses for Abbas bs and Shabbir bs. Syedna Qutbuddin TUS is their sagga bhai, and you mean to tell me that they simply cannot go to Syedna and leave their material world - if they have any conscience left?! All one needs to think about is what will happen to him/her when he/she dies - that's what religion is for - salvation, not accomodation! The iceberg you keep talking about has sank with the Mufaddali Titanic called Qasre Aali. Please, stop making excuses for them! Remember Sulaymaan and his fitnat?!

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:11 am

Mubahila between the sons of Haramkhore parents.

We see what is important to you all. Greed and more Greed.

alam

Unread post by alam » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:05 am

Haqniwaatbhai
I beg to differ - Exposing their vulnerabilities isnnt same as making excuses. . . Afterall these people at Saifee mahal are holding the rest of the community hostage with their nonstop greed for power, money, and demands for Haa Saheb, Jee Saheb, zaroor Saheb.
They are likely secretly singing praise for this Taizoonbhai who seems to have gone rogue and shouted out once again that the Emperor has no clothes. Give some slack, and some face saving, they need a way out now, hmmm?
Btw, last I checked, the titanic is still floating and intact. It's not sunken yet. at least not on this earth.

Adam

Unread post by Adam » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:08 pm

@ Crater Lake
You did discredit it. You said it cannot believed because it is from a munafiq site.

Yes. I did say it was posted on a Munafiq site. (You agree this is a Munafiq site right? - they HATE 51st and 52nd Dai)
I also said that the Quran says that "if a faasiq brings news to new, verify it".
This site, for me (and hopefully you) is a "faasiq". Hence, I choose to verify the contents.

Secondly, YOU, according to my doctrines, have turned against the Dai Mutlaq, hence your "news" needs to be validated as well.

That really doesn't mean anything. I asked you for a reference / source.
Or else, I could say "I received an Email" from KQ saying he's done a Private Nass on me, and no one is supposed to know. And supposedly a private Nass is valid according to doctrine.

Here's what else I wrote to you. Since you wanted this to be public.
You keep harping about two broken phrases that Moula was said that DO NOT constitute a nass

Please tell me, if the Azeem us Shaan Dai of the Imam, is sitting in a crowd, with ONLY 1 person standing in front of him , saying the above 3 mentioned quotes, naming him "mufaddal", using the words "Nass" and "Taaj" and "Rutba", and then this Saheb doing Shukr, and another Shehzada doing Shukr, and the Mukasir doing Talaqqi and the Dai giving Raza, and placing his hand on his back etc etc etc etc (if KQ was also infornt of him, you could still debate the name "Mufaddal")

Not to forget the following:
1. Multiple witnesses on many occcasions prior to that
2. A Document
3. Another audio
(All the above in line with Fatemi Nass practices)

DOES NOT "constitute a Nass"?
Then tell me what does!

A private Nass without any witnesses or any proof? (which is in violation with Dawat texts).??

Have a look at this website especially this link:
http://believesyednaqutbuddin.com/2014/ ... s-website/
Tell me which part of the video do you think Moula was not aware.

Someone else mentioned this on the Forum (i'm not sure if it was you).
They said Syedna RA said "Mufaddal Bhai ne Nass nu Taaj" and then stopped.
I'm guessing that person is hinting that Syedna RA made a "mistake" and realized it after he said those words and stopped.
1. His Tasawwur of the Dai - making a mistake is flawed.
2. IF Syedna made a mistake, named a wrong person, and used the words "Nass" near his name, and that could have had HUGE ramifications (as you can see), then it was Syedna's responsibility to clarify it, by saying "oops/ excuse me, i've already done Nass on someone else / please ignore what I just said ... But he didn't.
3. These thoughts are similar to the Sunni version in the Tafseer of the "Satanic Verses" ayat. Where they claim Rasulullah made a mistake and then back tracked. This is completely against Fatemi beliefs.
4. IF you believe that Syedna made a mistake (or whatever you'd like to call it), OR read a script he was not supposed to read, and then realised where he was going wrong and then stopped. This automatically means:
A) Syedna's aqal was intact and capable of differentiating from right and wrong. (which your site denies)
B) He could read (which your site denies)
C) He could speak (which your site denies)

That means, he also was aware and was in control of his senses and surrounding to put things straight.
Based on the above, if he knew things were going completely wrong and against his wishes, (and was AWARE of it), why play along with whatever happened after that? Why give the hand for Salaam? Why sit through an entire Shukr of Nass Araz without showing the tiniest bit of distaste? Why extend his hand to put a shawl? Why CLEARLY say (heard in your video) "khuda barakat apey" when given Najwa. If these people were outright munafiqs hijacking my dawat, sidelining my Mansoos, and putting the lives of my beloved mumineen at stake he could have either remained quiet, or even done Badd Dua! But he didn't. When Najwa was given (After all that) He said "Khuda barakat apey". He didn't sayربنا اطمس على اموالهم or any such thing. He said "khuda barakat apey". He was aware. And did Dua.

Rasulullah, throughout his sickness, when they called on his "brother" and brought the wrong guy, what did he do?
Did he pat him on the back and say, "thanks for coming, but please call my brother"? Did he give his hand for Salaam? Did he say "khuda barakat apey"?
NO.
He turned away.
That was the easiest thing to do. And Syedna RA could have done the same or similar.

kimanumanu

Unread post by kimanumanu » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:00 pm

He also said "Khuda barakat apey" on Mazoon during his milad ziyafat. Today you are saying laanat. Are you saying laanat on Syedna Burhanuddin RA's barakat?

kimanumanu

Unread post by kimanumanu » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:03 pm

Adam wrote: Yes. I did say it was posted on a Munafiq site. (You agree this is a Munafiq site right? - they HATE 51st and 52nd Dai)
So that makes you a Munafiq too as you are posting on this site. Thanks for confirming that.

saminaben

Unread post by saminaben » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:57 pm

Looks to me that Mufaddal maula has accepted muhaabila challenge on this Munaafiq site. And that too by his anonymous agents. Pray, someone explain, why do the SMS defenders have to be anonymous in the first place.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:12 pm

Adam wrote:I'm guessing that person is hinting that Syedna RA made a "mistake" and realized it after he said those words and stopped.
Your whole argument revolves around ONLY one premise that the Dai cannot make a mistake and that he is MASOOM (Infallible). Now please prove from Daimul Islam that the Dai is Masoom because according to many members on this forum no such thing appears in the Daimul Islam.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:31 pm

The only thing infallible is the word of Allah in the Quran. It has all your guidance that one needs in his daily life.

One may need a teacher from time to time and that person, if well learned can be a dai. He can be heard from the pulpit on Friday's after prayers. Qutba to be recorded and loaded on the net. Just live like an decent man. Dai should not be pain in the ass for all of the community, specially his neighbors.

If you desire band baja, donate the equipment to a school. I remember the Khandwala family in Karachi did that for my primary school.

Dai should walk like a student late for class, not like sissy Cinderella in her coach.

Adam

Unread post by Adam » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:27 pm

Reminder to Crater Lake:
Adam wrote:@ Crater Lake

Yes. I did say it was posted on a Munafiq site. (You agree this is a Munafiq site right? - they HATE 51st and 52nd Dai)
I also said that the Quran says that "if a faasiq brings news to new, verify it".
This site, for me (and hopefully you) is a "faasiq". Hence, I choose to verify the contents.

Secondly, YOU, according to my doctrines, have turned against the Dai Mutlaq, hence your "news" needs to be validated as well.

Or else, I could say "I received an Email" from KQ saying he's done a Private Nass on me, and no one is supposed to know. And supposedly a private Nass is valid according to doctrine.

You keep harping about two broken phrases that Moula was said that DO NOT constitute a nass

Please tell me, if the Azeem us Shaan Dai of the Imam, is sitting in a crowd, with ONLY 1 person standing in front of him , saying the above 3 mentioned quotes, naming him "mufaddal", using the words "Nass" and "Taaj" and "Rutba", and then this Saheb doing Shukr, and another Shehzada doing Shukr, and the Mukasir doing Talaqqi and the Dai giving Raza, and placing his hand on his back etc etc etc etc (if KQ was also infornt of him, you could still debate the name "Mufaddal")

2. A Document
3. Another audio

Then tell me what does!

A private Nass without any witnesses or any proof? (which is in violation with Dawat texts).??

I'm guessing that person is hinting that Syedna RA made a "mistake" and realized it after he said those words and stopped.
2. IF Syedna made a mistake, named a wrong person, and used the words "Nass" near his name, and that could have had HUGE ramifications (as you can see), then it was Syedna's responsibility to clarify it, by saying "oops/ excuse me, i've already done Nass on someone else / please ignore what I just said ... But he didn't.
3. These thoughts are similar to the Sunni version in the Tafseer of the "Satanic Verses" ayat. Where they claim Rasulullah made a mistake and then back tracked. This is completely against Fatemi beliefs.
4. IF you believe that Syedna made a mistake (or whatever you'd like to call it), OR read a script he was not supposed to read, and then realised where he was going wrong and then stopped. This automatically means:
A) Syedna's aqal was intact and capable of differentiating from right and wrong. (which your site denies)

That means, he also was aware and was in control of his senses and surrounding to put things straight.
Based on the above, if he knew things were going completely wrong and against his wishes, (and was AWARE of it), why play along with whatever happened after that? Why give the hand for Salaam? Why sit through an entire Shukr of Nass Araz without showing the tiniest bit of distaste? Why extend his hand to put a shawl? Why CLEARLY say (heard in your video) "khuda barakat apey" when given Najwa. If these people were outright munafiqs hijacking my dawat, sidelining my Mansoos, and putting the lives of my beloved mumineen at stake he could have either remained quiet, or even done Badd Dua! But he didn't. When Najwa was given (After all that) He said "Khuda barakat apey". He didn't sayربنا اطمس على اموالهم or any such thing. He said "khuda barakat apey". He was aware. And did Dua.

Rasulullah, throughout his sickness, when they called on his "brother" and brought the wrong guy, what did he do?
Did he pat him on the back and say, "thanks for coming, but please call my brother"? Did he give his hand for Salaam? Did he say "khuda barakat apey"?
NO.
He turned away.
That was the easiest thing to do. And Syedna RA could have done the same or similar.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:29 pm

mufatlal did not accept the MUBAHILA challenge because he did not know the meaning of the word..

Adam

Unread post by Adam » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:22 pm

Still no reply from Crater Lake :(
I've sent the old lady a PM as well.

Adam

Unread post by Adam » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:25 pm

Just to sum up a few questions. [DELETED]

1. Do you agree this site is a Munafiq run site? Yes or No?
2. I asked you for a reference / source of the audio.
3. You didn't answer about the link: http://qutbibohras.blogspot.com/2014/11 ... bi-as.html
4. You didn't answer the following Questions either:
Adam wrote:Reminder to Crater Lake:

Adam wrote:@ Crater Lake

2. A Document
3. Another audio

Then tell me what does!

NO.
He turned away.

[/size]

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:33 pm

Adam
Since the old age is taking your memory so let me refresh it for you
Crater Lake had already posted that she is going on Vacation to Hawaii
Now coming back to you, DID YOU ALWAYS ANSWER ALL THE QUESTIONS POSTED HERE INSTEAD OF RUNNING AWAY so if you do not follow why apply different rules here
So let us repeat again
What do you think about Mehfuza Ben who was not given any help from Kothar
What do you think about that Mumin who was asked to resign from the Bank and no alternative employment provided
What do you think about Shabbir Bhinderwala who had to pay 1 lac to bury his loved ones
DO YOU APPROVE THE YAZIDI STYLE TAMASHA FOR THE DAI OF HUSSAIN (coming in A/C buggie) and that too for the Muharrum Event
DO YOU APPROVE HAVING THE BAND-BAJA BARAT IN THE MASJID FOR SAHAB E DAWAT? Any reference from the history for such from past Duaats?
and the list goes on but for now this is sufficient.
If you need help ask your a-- kisser Fayyaz to defend your rights NOT TO ANSWER

think_for_yourself

Unread post by think_for_yourself » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:46 pm

Adam seems to be dying for attention from Crater Lake who is vacationing with family in Maui. Adam, sorry to say, I don't blame her for not replying. Quite honestly, I would not bother replying to your posts even if I was NOT in Hawaii :D

alivasan

Unread post by alivasan » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:12 pm

As he was busy hunting and attending lavish marriage parties:)

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:24 pm

Adam wrote:Still no reply from Crater Lake :(
I've sent the old lady a PM as well.
i just spoke to her. she would like you to join us (yes, I'm also leaving today evening) to witness the volcanic eruptions in maui. get raza from the haq na dai - KQ - before you come, not from the fraud dawedaar mufatlal. that volcano is known to swallow liars and deceivers.

ContentedBohra

Unread post by ContentedBohra » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:41 pm

What is the meaning of Mubahila?

YaHussain

Unread post by YaHussain » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:45 pm

ContentedBohra wrote:What is the meaning of Mubahila?
In the early days of Islam, Najran was a large centre of people who had changed from idol worship to Christianity. The Holy Prophet (S) had sent letters to the heads of different countries inviting them to Islam. One such letter was addressed to the Christians of Najran. It read as follows:
"In the Name of the God of Ibrahim, Ishaaq and Ya'qub.
This letter is from Muhammad, the Prophet and Messenger of Allah to the Asqaf (Bishop) of Najran.
Praise be to the God of Ibrahim, Ishaaq and Ya'qub. I invite you to worship Allah instead of (His) servants. I invite you to come out of the rule of the servants of Allah and into the rule of Allah Himself. If you do not accept my invitation, then you should (at least) pay Jizya (tax) to the Islamic State (so that your lives and properties may be protected), otherwise you are warned of a danger."
By using the names of the ancient Prophets (A), the Holy Prophet (S) wanted to let the Christians of Najran know that the belief in One God he was teaching was the same as that preached by the previous Prophets Ibrahim, Ishaaq and Ya'qub (A), in whom they also believed. It is also mentioned that the Holy Prophet (S) included the following verse of the Holy Qur'an in the letter:
Say, (O Muhammad), "O people of the Book (Bible), come to an agreement between us and you; that we shall worship none but Allah, and that we shall claim no partner to Him, and that none of us shall take others for lords besides Allah." And if they turn away, then say, "Bear witness that we are Muslims (those who have surrendered to Allah)."
Surah Aali Imran, 3:6]
When this message was delivered to Abu Haris, who was the Asqaf and
leader of the Church, he read it carefully and then appointed a committee of some religious and wise people to decide on the matter.
One of them, who was an experienced and intelligent person, advised that a group representing the people of Najran should go to Madina to study the claim of Prophethood by the Holy Prophet (S).
60 people, considered to be the most wise and knowledgeable from the people of Najran, were elected. They were led by three of their religious men. The group arrived in Madina and entered the mosque wearing silken clothes, golden rings and crosses around their necks. On seeing them dressed in this fashion, the Holy Prophet (S) was disturbed and he ignored them. They realised that something was wrong but were unsure as to what to do.
On the advice of Imam Ali (A) the delegation of Najran changed their style of dress to simple clothes and removed their ornaments. They then returned to the Holy Prophet (S) who received them with a warm welcome. Before they entered into a discussion, they requested for permission to say their prayers and this was granted. They were put in one part of the mosque where the could pray with ease and comfort. Then the following conversation took place:
The Holy Prophet (S): I invite you towards the belief of Tawhid and the worship of One God and submission to His will. (Then he recited verse 64 of Surah Aali Imran.)
Christians Fathers: If Islam means faith in the One God of the Universe, we already believe in Him and follow His Commands.
The Holy Prophet (S): Islam has a few signs and some of your actions show that you have not accepted true Islam. How do you claim worship of One God when you worship the cross and do not abstain from eating pork and believe that God has a son?
A Christian Father: Certainly he [Isa (A)] was the son of God because his mother Mary [Maryam (A)] had given birth to him without marrying anyone in this world. Therefore obviously his father is the God of this Universe. We also believe in Jesus [Isa (A)] as God because he used to bring the dead back to life, cure the sick and create birds from clay and make them fly. All this points to the fact that he is God.
The Holy Prophet (S): No, he was the servant and creature of God, and placed in the womb of his mother Maryam (A). All his power and strength was granted to him by God.
At this time, angel Jibraeel (A) brought the following verse of the Holy Qur'an from Allah :
Surely the example of Isa to Allah is like that of Adam; He created him from dust, and then said to him, "Be!" and he was.
Surah Aali Imran, 3:59
This meant that if Isa (A) could be called the son of God because of the fact he was born without a father, then Adam (A) deserved this title more, because he was born without a father or mother. The Christian Fathers could not reply to this argument but they continued to argue out of obstinacy. Then the following verse of the Holy Qur'an was revealed:
And whoever argues with you in this matter after what has come to you of knowledge, then say, "Come, let us call our sons and your sons and our women and your women and ourselves and yourselves, then let us humbly pray (to our Lord) and invoke the curse of Allah upon the liars.
Surah Aali Imran, 3:61
The Holy Prophet (S) produced this verse before the Christians and declared the challenge of "Mubahila", which means to curse one another. The Christians consulted each other and announced their acceptance of the challenge. Then they returned to their camp.
When the Christians of Najran returned to their tents after accepting the challenge of Mubahila, their leader advised them in these words:
"Tomorrow if Muhammad comes out of his house with the members of his family, then you should never agree to Mubahila. But if he brings his companions, then you need not fear at all and you should certainly go for to Mubahila."
He knew that the Mubahila was a question of life and death for both the sides, including their family members. If the Holy Prophet (S) had the slightest doubt in the truth of the message of Islam, he would not have given the challenge of Mubahila to the Christians. If he had the slightest fear of the curse affecting him and the close members of his family, he would not have considered coming out with them to face the Christians.
It was agreed between the two parties that the contest would take place the next day in the open desert outside the city of Madina. On the 24th of Zilhaj 9 A.H., the Holy Prophet (S) came out for Mubahila. He held Imam Husain (A) in his arms and he held Imam Hasan (A) by his hand. Bibi Fatimah (A) came behind him, while behind her came Imam Ali (A). The Holy Prophet (S) said to them, "when I pray you should say Ameen."
In obedience to the verse of Mubahila sent by Allah , the Holy Prophet (S) had brought Imam Hasan (A) and Imam Husain (A) as his "sons", Bibi Fatima (A) as his "women" and Imam Ali (A) as his "self".
The Christian Fathers, on seeing the beautiful and shining faces in front of them became spellbound. Their hearts trembled and they began to shake on seeing the power radiating from Ahlul Bayt (A). Their leader asked someone, "who are these persons, who have come with Muhammad?" The man told him the names and their relationship with the Holy Prophet (S).
He could hold his patience no longer and he cried out, "by God, I am seeing such faces that if they were to pray to God to move the mountain, God Almighty would move the mountain for them.
Oh you people of Najran, if you contest with Muhammad in this prayer of invoking curses on the liars, then I warn you that all of you will be destroyed and not a single soul will remain on this earth. I feel that it would be better to surrender to them and obey them."
When the Holy Prophet (S) heard these words he remarked, "by God, had the Christians of Najran contested with us, they would have been transformed into monkeys and swines. Fire would have rained over them."
When the Christian Fathers backed away from Mubahila, the Holy Prophet (S) gave them two choices; either to accept Islam or agree to come to terms.
The Christians would not agree to accept Islam and therefore a treaty was signed on the following terms:
1. Every year, the Christians of Najran would give to the Islamic Government two thousand pieces of clothing, the cost of which would be forty dirhams each.
2. They would also provide 30 horses, 30 camels, 30 battle armours and 30 spears, temporarily to the Muslim army, if the Holy Prophet (S) needed these in any war.
The treaty was dictated by the Holy Prophet (S), written by Imam Ali (A) and had the signatures of four companions of the Holy Prophet (S) as witnesses.
In addition to the above, the treaty also had the following words:
"..... The people of Najran will remain under the protection of Allah and His Prophet Muhammad (S). Their lives, their religion, their lands and property, will all remain safe and it will be the responsibility of Allah and His Prophet (S) to protect them. This treaty holds good for all people of Najran, whether they are present here or not, whether they are members of the tribe or dependent upon them, whether they are slaves or servants. No change will be made in their rights or privileges....."
One of the important conditions agreed in this treaty was that the people of Najran would not deal in usury (interest taking) of any sort, otherwise the Holy Prophet (S) would not remain bound by the treaty with them.
After the Christian returned home, a few respectable persons from Najran came to Madina and willingly accepted Islam and became true Muslims.
The event of Mubahila is an extremely important part of history because it shows how close the Ahlul Bayt were to the Holy Prophet (S) and Allah . Imam Ali (A) used to be called the "Soul of the Prophet" after the event, because the Holy Prophet (S) took him to the field of Mubahila as his soul.