Questions, internal criticism and change

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Sajid Zafar

Re: Questions, internal criticism and change

Unread post by Sajid Zafar » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:19 pm

Br. Aareef:

Thanks for contribution.

I asked Kaba question to a supposedly very learned person 23 years back but I got a harsh response (even not close to what I wanted to know). I had a long list of questions which I wanted to clarify with someone Ali Asghar Bhai Saheb. It was not the lake of faith but to understand the faith (Hajj is among the pillars of Islamic faith).

Personally, I feel there is nothing wrong in asking questions to clarify doubts which otherwise could mislead us. But most of the time we don’t get or find straight answers. Sometime we consult the wrong source (like I did). Let me admit that it is difficult to draw a fine line where to stop especially when faith based question(s) comes in mind for the very reason that if one doesn’t find a clear explanation, starts inching toward the other side of the fence.

abcd

Unread post by abcd » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:22 am

“Muslims are not as divided as it appears on this board. Muslim division is also not because of aqeeda but because of leadership. Some think Hazrat Ali is supposed to be the leader, some think Hazar Imam is the leader. Praying 5 times a day, fasting, zakat, Hajj, quran are the tenets that the majority believe in, except those that have been misled by their leaders.”
There are 72 main sects in Muslims and there is no limit in sub sects. Regarding Aqida, The Aqida and leadership is related and as per leaders thoughts the Aqida is formed. Who are misleaded is a very controversial subject.

“You won't find a single sect in Islam that says that tawaaf of the kaaba is the same as idol worship.”
That is because we have been told from our childhood to believe in this manner. A logical answer to this is that if Rasullulh has bought the massage of one god and forbidden the worshiping of stones or any other things, why he will leave one stone which is today is worshiped by kissing it? Do you really believe that today the stone of Hazar-e-aswad is not worshiped?

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:13 pm

Br.ABCD
AA
Do you really believe that today the stone of Hazar-e-aswad is not worshiped?
There are millions of so called Muslims who do not have true knowledge of Islamic teachings. Your own sect's leader forbids reading of even translation of Qur'an. How are you going to learn about Islam if you are prevented from reading anything?
There are 72 main sects in Muslims
Can you name them or it is just a urban legend!

Wasalaam

Gursevak

Unread post by Gursevak » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:22 pm

Can you name them or it is just a urban legend
From a wahhabi site you get
Some may argue by quoting the Hadith of our beloved Prophet, from Sunan Abu Dawood Hadith No. 4579. In this Hadith the Prophet (pbuh) is reported to have said, “My community will split up into seventy-three sects.”

This hadith reports that the prophet predicted the emergence of seventy-three sects.

According to Tirmidhi Hadith No. 171, the prophet (pbuh) is reported to have said, “My Ummah will be fragmented into seventy three sects, and all of them will be in Hell fire except one sect.” The companions asked Allah’s messenger which group that would be. Where upon he replied, “It is the one to which I and my companions belong”
I guess the biggest legend of all is the ahadit!

As for 72 - don't get confused! That is the reward for MF for proletysing here!

porus

Unread post by porus » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:51 pm

How are you going to learn about Islam if you are prevented from reading anything?
: Muslim First
You appear to be literate and yet you know very little about Islam.

Your sect claims Prophet was illiterate. Did he know about Islam?

Muslims? Do you know literacy rate amongst Muslims? How many can read Quran, let alone translations.

As for translation, would you ask non-Arab Muslims to tell you about Quran. Should he translate or should he use Yusufali?

How about Yusufali talking to you directly? No.

How about a knowledgeble Bohra? How about Sayedna?

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:02 pm

proletysing
proletysing????

Above Average Bohra

Unread post by Above Average Bohra » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:18 pm

Do you really believe that today the stone of Hazar-e-aswad is not worshiped?
Yes I do. No one worships it. In order to clarify this, we need to first figure out what "worship" truly is. Do you want to get into that discussion?

Above Average Bohra

Unread post by Above Average Bohra » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:20 pm

Infact it is very simple, once you get out of haram, does anyone even talk about that stone? or mention it in their prayers? The bohras keep a picture of the syedna kissing that stone, but that is because the bohras worship the syedna and not the stone.

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:39 pm

Asking questions to bohra priesthood is a big no. no.

About 30 years ago, I had asked the shahzada called as Chandbhaisaheb, two questions. He just ignored it and ordered his chamchas - chalo thaal bichavo.