Muharram the holy month marking a new year

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
Muslim First

Re: Muharram the holy month marking a new year

Unread post by Muslim First » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:25 pm

"Struggle is the meaning of life. Defeat or victory is in the hands of God. But struggle itself is Man's duty and should be his joy." -Aga Khan
He should have said

"Struggle is the meaning of life. Defeat or victory is in my hands. But struggle itself is Man's duty and should be his joy." -Aga Khan

muhammad khan

Unread post by muhammad khan » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:24 pm

I do believe that Allah's hand (Yadullah)is on his hand.

Gursevak

Unread post by Gursevak » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:07 pm

He should have said
Well he did not - Muhammad khan is quoting verbatim and did not take the liberty to paraphrase it as Sunni "scholars" have done with the hadith. MF like all wahhabis does not care about reality - what is not there they invent and all in the name of Allah!

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:30 pm

I do believe that Allah's hand (Yadullah)is on his hand.
How about Mulla Burhnuddin?

Sai Baba?

Pope?

etc. etc.

muhammad khan

Unread post by muhammad khan » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:36 pm

How about Mulla Burhnuddin?

Sai Baba?

Pope?

etc. etc.
For me Yadullah is on my Imam, but this does not mean that Allah's hand is not on the above 3.

Then how Islam is better then others (Pope or Sai Baba)?

Islam is better than others because it brought reform in those religions which got corrupted. It also resulted in one of the greatest civilizations of the man kind.

In the core sense, Islam is same as all other religions. All religions take you to the same GOD which I call Allah.

Allah is not partial. Allah loves all good human beings equally.

muhammad khan

Unread post by muhammad khan » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:52 pm

I am not saying all religious gurus are good. There are a few who are not good. But still a not good religious guru can have a good and God fearing disciple. Because many times a disciple sees himself (Good part of himself) in his lord. And that inspires him to travel on Siratal-mustakim.

Here is a famous sayings that says a lot

“He Who Knows Himself Knows His Lord”

Some says this is the saying of Ali, some says it is the saying of Muhammad. Many –many sufi masters have quoted this.

muhammad khan

Unread post by muhammad khan » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:10 pm

You will see many reforms in Hinduism and Christianity going on. Because many sects in Hinduism and Christianity gets diverted from following one God who created all of us resulting in SOCIAL MESS

And same thing is happening with Islam. Wahabbism is being opposed by many many muslims. They want reform in Wahabism. Not only because it is moving more and more against reason and logic but also because of the increased hypocrisy in wahabism.

What happens if things don’t change? People quit and make their own sect or join some another sect (which they feel is closer to Allah) resulting in downfall of that sect.

muhammad khan

Unread post by muhammad khan » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:27 pm

Same thing is happening in Africa. Six million African Muslims leave Islam per year. Why, because Wahabi culture does not make any senses to them. When Sufism was dominant in North Africa, we saw Islam flourishing all over Africa.

My dear MF,

Same thing is happening in Your own mother land India – YES INDIA!

Many perceptions about Muslims are sought to be broken by the Sachar Committee, which says their (Muslim) population growth has slowed down and that less than four percent of children from the community take Madrasa education.

muhammad khan

Unread post by muhammad khan » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:29 pm

Why is that? Prophet Muhammad did reform in many exiting religions of that time and introduced Islam to the man kind. People were mad to learn more about it. Islam spread like fire in the forest. And NOW people are running away from the Islamic education.

Why?

Because wahabi education does not make any sense. The education given by Prophet Muhammad and his family was like sufi education. As soon as Sufism influence decreased with the increase in wahabi influence on Islam, not only non-Muslims started going away from Islam, but also Islam started loosing millions of his die heart followers.

The things happening now is totally reverse of what happened at the time of Prophet Muhammad.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:12 pm

Dear Khan;

I have been trying to understand what 'Wahabism' is. It seems you are smart. Maybe you can put it in words here.
Six million African Muslims leave Islam per year. Why, because Wahabi culture does not make any senses to them.
Here is opportunity for your MHI. His brand will suit them. May be he can harvest some of them and charge them 10% (Allowed in Islam for some crops) and then eat their Zakat. Ismailism is right for those souls unhappy with Islam. Instead of JC they will have MHI as living God.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:23 pm

The education given by Prophet Muhammad and his family was like sufi education.
Perhaps you want to describe 'Prophet Muhammad and his family's system of education'

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:27 pm

They want reform in Wahabism.
I thought Whabism was a reform movement. To reform people who ere worshipping dead and living people. Like Ismailis worshipping Dai and MHI.

pardesi

Unread post by pardesi » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:31 pm

MF QUOTE:

"Perhaps you want to describe 'Prophet Muhammad and his family's system of education'"

How about starting with Love and not terror or support thereof. How about equal rights? How about respecting others beliefs?

Prophet taught Love of Allah to get close to him and NOT to be scared of Him. To love Allah, you must love the Prophet and to show your love for the Prophet, you must show love and respect to his "kinfolks" which everyone agrees relates to Ahle-Bayt. In todays age, muslims are taught to be afraid of Allah and do good things just out of fear of His rath. Nowhere I hear or read that the kids are taught love for the All Merciful and the All Merciful loves us infinitely. Hell, the christians are better teachers than the mullahs at the masajid, all they talk about is how much God loves them.

"Zikrullah Akbar" is mentioned in Quran which according to my understanding is separate, additional and above ritual prayers which sufi's follow. That is what the Prophet taught to his Ahle-Bayt and select sahabis. Food for our souls to advance and get closer to Allah.

I wonder what all this has to do with the subject "Muharram the holy month....year". Then again we all bit on the diversionary tactics of MF, like with all the other recent topics. Damn! ;)

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:08 pm

Br. Pardesi

Ya Allah Madad
How about starting with Love and not terror or support thereof. How about equal rights? How about respecting others beliefs?
Do you have any proof that I hate you or anybody on this board?

Do you have any proof that I support Terror?

How about respecting others beliefs?

I respect your Nizari Ismaili belief and openly say that they are varient of a fundamental Muslim belief of 5 pillers. There is only one Islam and one must adhare to 5 pillers to be Muslim.

In todays age, muslims are taught to be afraid of Allah and do good things just out of fear of His rath.

typical Ismaili crap shoot

"Zikrullah Akbar" is mentioned in Quran which according to my understanding is separate, additional and above ritual prayers which sufi's follow.

Dhikr is in addition to 5 prayers. A Muslim is required to pray 5 times 17 Rakat (Cycles) of fird prayers as shown by Prophet SAW. Both Shia and Sunnis do it. If you reject this then you are not Muslim. Dhikr comes after Fird, Sunnah and Nafl prayers and can not be substitute for these prayers.

you must show love and respect to his "kinfolks" which everyone agrees relates to Ahle-Bayt.

Show me a Sunni who does not respect "kinfolks" of Prophet. You can not kiss feet of every Burhan, Karim or Khemani who claims to be "kinfolks" or his certified representative.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:10 pm

wonder what all this has to do with the subject "Muharram the holy month....year". Then again we all bit on the diversionary tactics of MF, like with all the other recent topics. Damn!
You should ask Mohammad Khan this question.

Alislam

Unread post by Alislam » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:10 am

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

"There is only one Islam and one must adhare to 5 pillers to be Muslim.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I thought Whabism was a reform movement."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ofcourse, wahabism is a reform movement to Kill all other muslims who adhere to the 5 pillars of Islam BUT do not buy their logic.

Why everywhere in the world wahabis are either licking the West to save their Gaddi or being used as fodder to thier sick teaching and killing muslims by bombing mosques.