Imam is with us

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Muslim First

Re: Imam is with us

Unread post by Muslim First » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:38 pm

What happened to al-Tayyib is still being researched by scholars.
Adam must be heading the team.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:52 pm

Muslim First wrote:What happened to al-Tayyib is still being researched by scholars.

Since time Immemorial :)

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:38 pm

With due respect to the believers of the hidden Imam who is supposed to appear anytime in the future, is it not more important for the believers to concentrate on their present instead of weighing various probabilities with regard to his lineage, age and other issues which in turn results in more conflicts within the ummah which is already divided by vested interests ? Is it not more important to improve our present day life and lay more emphasis on our present deeds rather then merely speculate on an event which is suppossed to take place in future which again in all probability could be after the death of this generation as many generations have passed by in the last 1000 years without witnessing the D-day. By this I do not mean that a believer should lose faith but instead concentrate on his/her present duty as commanded by Allah (swt) whom we all are destined to meet. It is more important to prepare ones self for his/her final abode by improving the present instead of worrying about the future.

It is high time that people realise that the issue of hidden Imam is being used by sectarian leaders to further their own agenda which is to compartmentalise the ummah and rule over them for material benefits. The belief that the Imam will be from the lineage of Mola Ali (a.s.) leaves no room for doubt that he will be of an impeccable character who will lead the ummah in a righteous manner and who will not crave for any ziafats, hadiyats or mafsusiyats nor will honour any undeserving person any religious titles in return for money nor will hobnob with the enemies of muslims. Hence it will be easy to identify him and then one can surely follow him but till then better to do what is required of by Allah (swt) in the present tense !!

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:31 pm

Fateh wrote: Sorry friend but as per my pov imam is not db imagination.There is no aya how to pray namaj?,how to do wadhu? & many more.So with out rightful imam how we understand actual meaning of Qur'an & real Islam?
Br Fateh
Please read this. This might answer your questions.
How to Approach the Shia Brothers/Sisters -
A Straight Forward Logic Instead of a Never Ending Debate
http://allaahuakbar.net/shiites/how_to_ ... rother.htm

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:42 pm

SBM wrote: Br. MF
I think you crossed the line of civility by your comment of Dumb Shias falling in the same trap as those Regressives who call every Muslim who do not agree with them as WAHABi.I hope that this was an emotional outburst but a seasoned person like should have known better,
I am sorry brother
For believing that there is a saint (Imam) from progeny of Prophet living for more than 1ooo year, I should have called 12ver Shia smart.

humble_servant_us

Unread post by humble_servant_us » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:35 am

For believing that there is a saint (Imam) from progeny of Prophet living for more than 1ooo year, I should have called 12ver Shia smart.
Thanks for acknowledging shias as smart. And there is no problem in joining the smart group. Makes sense

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:50 am

Thanks for acknowledging shias as smart. And there is no problem in joining the smart group. Makes sense
then I have to believe in 1000 year saint still living, correct? That is not sensible and smart as far as I am conerned.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:28 am

Hi

Question is, why cant progeny of Imam survive till date ? If the link up till 21st is found, then there would be generation of Imams existing in present world.

Ismaili faith has faced political threat in earlier eras, causing Imams to go in Hiding for safety and survival. Once perceived threat ended, Imam came our from hiding. Dai of Imam in those times kept the traditions alive and provided fertile opportunity to Imam to come out of seclusion to preach and practice Ismaili faith in Islam.

What kind of political / religious hostility or threat does Imam-uz-Zaman of today face, which is restricting him from coming out in open ? Today bohra are freely moving around in the world, there is freedom to setup masjids, markaz, schools, and kothar runs a parallel government within a country. Daai of Imam is revered and bestowed with title of ambassador of peace and doctorates and considered diplomatic guest when travel to various countries. If Daai who is a subordinate appointed agent of Imam is respected and revered so much. Imam holds much more superior position.

Its is believed that, Imam exist in this world and only sayedna sahib knows about his whereabouts. It is also believed that when sayedna goes in the Qibla after maghrib namaz, curtains are drawn; it is said or believed that Imam-uz-Zaman comes to speak to him. I m confused and amused at this information or rumor ?

Is Imam-uz-zaman a mortal human or something / someone above human qualities of existence ?
Also what is the Name and Number of Imam-uz-Zaman of today times, like we have known names upto 21st Imams and 53rd Dai ?

Fateh

Unread post by Fateh » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:48 am

humanbeing wrote:Hi

Question is, why cant progeny of Imam survive till date ? If the link up till 21st is found, then there would be generation of Imams existing in present world.

Ismaili faith has faced political threat in earlier eras, causing Imams to go in Hiding for safety and survival. Once perceived threat ended, Imam came out from hiding. Dai of Imam in those times kept the traditions alive and provided fertile opportunity to Imam to come out of seclusion to preach and practice Ismaili faith in Islam.

What kind of political / religious hostility or threat does Imam-uz-Zaman of today face, which is restricting him from coming out in open ? Today bohra are freely moving around in the world, there is freedom to setup masjids, markaz, schools, and kothar runs a parallel government within a country. Daai of Imam is revered and bestowed with title of ambassador of peace and doctorates and considered diplomatic guest when travel to various countries. If Daai who is a subordinate appointed agent of Imam is respected and revered so much. Imam holds much more superior position.

Its is believed that, Imam exist in this world and only sayedna sahib knows about his whereabouts. It is also believed that when sayedna goes in the Qibla after maghrib namaz, curtains are drawn; it is said or believed that Imam-uz-Zaman comes to speak to him. I m confused and amused at this information or rumor ?

Is Imam-uz-zaman a mortal human or something / someone above human qualities of existence.
Salam bhai,this is the point why Imam is stil in parada?If syedna (as per kothar pov)regulerly in touch with him then how its possible that he allow such corrupt system in our db sect?What is the main work of a spiritual leader?If you say for safety & survival then why Imam husain gave his head in karbala?Allah isi liye to eise mahan logo ko paida karata hai ke woh apani jan ki fiker kiye bagair society ko sachhi rah per chalne ke liye guide ker sake
sorry for using this type of writting as my English is not so well please bear with me

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:13 am

Hi Fateh

Don’t worry about fluency in English, as long as you can keep it decent and be clear in what you wish to ask or express.
Fateh wrote: then how its possible that he allow such corrupt system in our db sect?
Your dilemma is non existent as per kothar leaders. They would be innocently confused or angrily surprised to hear a hint about corruption in their planned system.

stranger

Unread post by stranger » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:10 am

Al Zulfiqar wrote:
revertbohra wrote:
..just kick there ass and enjoy there
reverse bohra,

actually, considering that you are perpetually in a position of reverse sajda, its more likely you will get yours kicked and provide enjoyment there... :wink:
lol :lol:

progticide

Unread post by progticide » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:13 am

porus wrote: Imam Aamir had designated al-Tayyib as his successor. When Imam Aamir was assassinated, his loyal courtiers took away infant al-Tayyib to safety, away from Cairo. What happened to al-Tayyib is still being researched by scholars. .
Prof. Poo (Porus),
Read Syedna Taher saifuddin's Risalat "Zaat al Barakaat" if you have that in your collection. Or try accessing it at the London University library the next time you visit your good friend Daftary. I read somewhere that the library had the complete set of the Risalat of Muqaddas Syedna.

It should give you some clue on the Imam's life post seclusion.

porus

Unread post by porus » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:02 pm

Muslim First wrote:
What happened to al-Tayyib is still being researched by scholars.
Abdes are very much like you brother MF.

Everything has been said and done. There is no need to do any more research.

Most relevant research in Muslim History is now conducted in the Universities of Western World, while Muslims are still in a deep slumber of dark ages that visited upon them more than 500 years ago.

If you have not read the article "Three Bohra Scholars of 20th Century", I advise you to read it on this site's Home page. You might wonder why the treasure was donated to a Western establishment.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:33 pm

progticide wrote:
porus wrote: Prof. Poo (Porus),
Read Syedna Taher saifuddin's Risalat "Zaat al Barakaat" if you have that in your collection. Or try accessing it at the London University library the next time you visit your good friend Daftary. I read somewhere that the library had the complete set of the Risalat of Muqaddas Syedna.

It should give you some clue on the Imam's life post seclusion.
Br porus
Like myself you too miss tongue in cheek comments sometimes. Khair!

Now as per progticide, Muqaddas Syedna knew all about Imam's life post seclusion till the day he went to meet his maker. After that 52 always knows about his daily location. So we do not need Scholarly research. Bohras, off course will fall for it hook, line and sinker.

I am still trying to wrap my head around transfer of Imamat to dead son Ismail RhA.
Please save your brilliant explanation of that transfer.

gaffarkhan

Unread post by gaffarkhan » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:44 am

ghulam muhammed wrote:With due respect to the believers of the hidden Imam who is supposed to appear anytime in the future, is it not more important for the believers to concentrate on their present instead of weighing various probabilities with regard to his lineage, age and other issues which in turn results in more conflicts within the ummah which is already divided by vested interests ? Is it not more important to improve our present day life and lay more emphasis on our present deeds rather then merely speculate on an event which is suppossed to take place in future which again in all probability could be after the death of this generation as many generations have passed by in the last 1000 years without witnessing the D-day. By this I do not mean that a believer should lose faith but instead concentrate on his/her present duty as commanded by Allah (swt) whom we all are destined to meet. It is more important to prepare ones self for his/her final abode by improving the present instead of worrying about the future.

It is high time that people realise that the issue of hidden Imam is being used by sectarian leaders to further their own agenda which is to compartmentalise the ummah and rule over them for material benefits. The belief that the Imam will be from the lineage of Mola Ali (a.s.) leaves no room for doubt that he will be of an impeccable character who will lead the ummah in a righteous manner and who will not crave for any ziafats, hadiyats or mafsusiyats nor will honour any undeserving person any religious titles in return for money nor will hobnob with the enemies of muslims. Hence it will be easy to identify him and then one can surely follow him but till then better to do what is required of by Allah (swt) in the present tense !!
salam, GM.i agree with u,but still we have to search for real imam and i believe that imam is already present in the world and guide his followers,we have to just find out and obey him.

porus

Unread post by porus » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:20 am

gaffarkhan wrote: salam, GM.i agree with u,but still we have to search for real imam and i believe that imam is already present in the world and guide his followers,we have to just find out and obey him.
There is no need to 'search' for the Imam unless Imam has left instructions for you to do just that.

Consider what would have happened if Imam's followers in his ghaybat during Abbasid Caliphate were searching for him. There would be even more chances for him to be delivered to his enemies.

I think that the Bohras are required simply to wait for Imam to make an appearance, that is, be 'muntazir'. He has not commanded you to look for him.

porus

Unread post by porus » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:24 am

Muslim First wrote: Br porus
Like myself you too miss tongue in cheek comments sometimes. Khair!
Yes, I see that now. Sorry for missing the intent, brother MF.
Muslim First wrote: Now as per progticide, Muqaddas Syedna knew all about Imam's life post seclusion till the day he went to meet his maker. After that 52 always knows about his daily location. So we do not need Scholarly research. Bohras, off course will fall for it hook, line and sinker.
:D

Fateh

Unread post by Fateh » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:48 am

porus wrote:
gaffarkhan wrote: salam, GM.i agree with u,but still we have to search for real imam and i believe that imam is already present in the world and guide his followers,we have to just find out and obey him.
There is no need to 'search' for the Imam unless Imam has left instructions for you to do just that.

Consider what would have happened if Imam's followers in his ghaybat during Abbasid Caliphate were searching for him. There would be even more chances for him to be delivered to his enemies.

I think that the Bohras are required simply to wait for Imam to make an appearance, that is, be 'muntazir'. He has not commanded you to look for him.
Salam bhai,The time during abbasid khalifat is different & they want to kill our Imam but at present even our dai can go any where in the world with out fear.

porus

Unread post by porus » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:53 am

Fateh wrote: Salam bhai,The time during abbasid khalifat is different & they want to kill our Imam but at present even our dai can go any where in the world with out fear.
You are missing the point. Has Imam instructed you to look for him? Did he say that he is going into hiding so that his followers can play a 'hide and seek' game with him? :wink:

JC

Unread post by JC » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:04 pm

I think Hurat-ul-Malika and Zoaib hatched a conspiracy and got the Imam and his sons killed .........

Na Rahay Ga Bans, Na Bajay Gee Bansuri ........... :D

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:02 pm

JC wrote:I think Hurat-ul-Malika and Zoaib hatched a conspiracy and got the Imam and his sons killed .........

Na Rahay Ga Bans, Na Bajay Gee Bansuri ........... :D
If I ever said that, I would be in great trouble.

progticide

Unread post by progticide » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:05 am

Muslim First wrote: Br porus
Now as per progticide, Muqaddas Syedna knew all about Imam's life post seclusion till the day he went to meet his maker. After that 52 always knows about his daily location. So we do not need Scholarly research. Bohras, off course will fall for it hook, line and sinker.

I am still trying to wrap my head around transfer of Imamat to dead son Ismail RhA.
Please save your brilliant explanation of that transfer.
MF,
Jitni Aql he utni hi baatein kar. Dont bite more than what you can chew.

Where in my post did you find the word "all about Imam's Life". The word I chose to write was "some clue about Imam's life"

Next, I was not referring to the Imam uz zamaan. I was referring to the life of 21st Imam Tayyeb AS post his seclusion. But I guess this was too hard for a pea-headed moron like you to have gauged.

And if you would have cared to read the Risalat I mentioned above you would have known the source-chain from where Muqaddas Syedna referred the details.

I suggest you dont break your pathetic head over the issue of Imamat of Imam Ismail AS. You might end up believing one fine morning that Mr.India lent his invisibility gadget to Gabriel while Prophet(PBUH) used some special lenses to see Gabriel since general muslims were not able to see Gabriel when he paid visits to the Prophet.

Thankfully you have remained in the outer circle of Muslims and not entered the inner circle of Mumin.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:06 am

You mean inner circle of mumin who are truly mushriks because they bow down in front of Syedna?

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:13 pm

Excerpts of an article which appeared on the net :-

Any one who sees optical illusions declares himself a Mahdi. Like Mirza Gulam Ahmed Qadiyaani, Syed Mohammed Jaunpuri, Wallace Fard Muhammad, Elijah Poole (Muhammed), Isa Abdullah (Dwight York's The Ansaarullah Cult), Abdullah Al-Harari Al-Habashi, Deviant Groups like Baha’is, etc. There are many who have called themselves Mahdi, How many Mahdivis we have had already and how many more are waiting in the wing? Allaah can only help us from these so called Mehdis, it is really becoming difficult to make a choice when we receive them left, right and centre. When someone has a personality disorder, he talks strange things and then, visualising the natural reaction of the people, automatically becomes paranoid and seeks refuge elsewhere.

Arrival of the “Promised Messiah” has not made life any easier for us. We were mendicants and we will ever remain mendicants.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:39 pm

Some quotes from the books of Shias with regard to Imam Mehdi :-

When Imaam Mehdi comes he will bring with him the real and original Quran. (Ahsan-ul-maqaal, page #336, safdar Husain najfi).

When imam Mehdi comes he will make alive Hazrat Aa'ishah from death and whip her. (Tafseer saafi, line 16, page #108).

Real Quran that is compiled by Hazrat Ali will come with imam Mehdi. (Anwar-ul-nomania, page #360).

When imam Mehdi comes he will hang Hazrat Abu Bakr and Umar at the holy grave of Hazrat Mohammad (saw). (Majma-ul-ma’arif, page #49).

“When Imam Mehdi will come out of his cave he will be naked like a newborn and the first person who shall take the oath of allegiance on his hands will be the Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.w).” (Haq-ul-Yaqeen, page 347, author Shaykh Majlisi)