scholarship trusts for bohra students

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
awakened

scholarship trusts for bohra students

Unread post by awakened » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:19 pm

Salaams,

Just wondering if anyone knows if there is any scholarship trusts around to assist the bohra students in India. If so can you kindly share the details. I have a couple of needy children who are seeking the help.

Thanks.

SBM

Re: scholarship trusts for bohra students

Unread post by SBM » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:50 pm

awakened wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:19 pm Salaams,

Just wondering if anyone knows if there is any scholarship trusts around to assist the bohra students in India. If so can you kindly share the details. I have a couple of needy children who are seeking the help.

Thanks.
Yes there is an Organization call "Shukre Ilahi' which does give scholarships to Bohra Students in India. Representative in USA is Sister
Farhat Biviji who is is based in Camden NJ. You can find her contact information on Google. They are very legit organizations and I donate and many College Students have benefited in India. They also a have branch in Canada as well.

http://www.nonprofitfacts.com/NJ/Shukre ... ation.html

awakened

Unread post by awakened » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:04 am

SBM wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:50 pm Yes there is an Organization call "Shukre Ilahi' which does give scholarships to Bohra Students in India. Representative in USA is Sister
Farhat Biviji who is is based in Camden NJ. You can find her contact information on Google. They are very legit organizations and I donate and many College Students have benefited in India. They also a have branch in Canada as well.

http://www.nonprofitfacts.com/NJ/Shukre ... ation.html
Thank you for the response. The needy students I know are in primary schools. Apparently the trust you mentioned and few others I came across by google search provide scholarships for higher education only.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:58 am

Salaam
Usually Primary School thru Higher School education can be free from Public School system in India. I received my School as well as College education free under EBC (economically backward class) which paid for my full tuition using private school and college
Majority of Donors they always support Higher Education which is very expensive and is not available from Governments.
If these are isolated cases, kindly PM me and let us see what can be done to help them.