Mojiza

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Ambassador_Mumbai

Mojiza

Unread post by Ambassador_Mumbai » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:05 am

Can the learned members on the forum @Kseeker @Biradar @Adam @James etc.. with reference to primary sources from Fatimi Literature,
define what event or action qualifies to be termed as Mojiza/Miracle?

Coz, currently as per regular followers every move or action that Syedna does is a "Moula no mojizo chey!"

Kaka Akela

Re: Mojiza

Unread post by Kaka Akela » Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:55 pm

[quote=malgudidays post_id=182336 time=1612533957 user_id=25912]
Can the learned members on the forum @Kseeker @Biradar @Adam @James etc.. with reference to primary sources from Fatimi Literature,

Coz, currently as per regular followers every move or action that Syedna does is a "Moula no mojizo chey!"
[/quote]

I am sorry for answering your question because you did not include me in those learned people and I don't want to pre-empt their response but now I have the time to respond, so I am doing it.

The word mojiza is derived from the word Aajiz which means helpless. Anything that a human is aajis in doing, and some awliya accomplish that, that is called mojiza.
Now coming to the current times, The last 3 dai(s) had so many ears and eyes in public who will snitch on you, if you expressed your true thoughts. so, people have learned to fake. if you ask anyone, how are you?. they don't reply Alhamdolillah, Khuda na fazal si mein maza ma chu. but their reply is mola ndoa che. Similarly if something they were helpless to do, and Allah provided for them then they say Mola nu mojizo che. if they didn't do that, they fear some one will snitch to aamilsaheb/bhaisaheb and their chitti will turn its color from green to red or yellow. These days fear reigns iamong Dawoodi Bohras.

kseeker

Re: Mojiza

Unread post by kseeker » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:46 am

malgudidays wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:05 am Can the learned members on the forum @Kseeker @Biradar @Adam @James etc.. with reference to primary sources from Fatimi Literature,

I don't and neither would ever think of myself as learned.. but thank you for the compliment..
I can only shed personal understanding of what they are as there is no actual Islamic text I know of explaining this concept..

In my opinion, every story of a mojiza, is to elevate the value of a being.. most are figurative and very few might actually be 'real'... also, one must understand that a mojiza is a matter of perspective.. imagine you were living in the year 600 AD.. and suddenly a man tells you about a large chunk of metal being able to drift in the air at incredible speeds and has the ability to carry a 1000 men... you would think that man has gone bonkers...if you would then actually see it, it would be a mojiza.. a miracle in it's truest sense... however today, we see that object almost every day.. it is called an aeroplane...

A very simple answer would be that a mojiza is something one man can do which another cannot even fathom.. he can do it because he has more knowledge than the other...that's it..

If a person has divine knowledge, doing 'Mojizas' should not be difficult... do you get me?

Now, there are two sources of Mojizas... the Quran and Hadith/historical books...

A lot of our taweel bayaans have explained that many of the mojizas in the quran are not actually what they seem but normal events written in a specific glorified way.. similar to how a poetry would..
for example... the story of Ibrahim sacrificing Ismael but at the last moment Ismael gets replaced with a ram... our bayaans have explained that this simply means that Allah asked Ibrahim to give prophethood to Ishaq and conceal Ismail and his true worth...

Then you have the story of Lail-atul-Mairaj when Rasulallah travelled on Buraq, the white horse, to the heavens...I believe it was on the relay bayaan of SMB on the previous Imam-uz-zamaan milad that this entire episode was explained and the taweel was revealed.. (I must say though that TF doing decent bayaans has pushed/forced the MS group to also release some decent content to the public...)

My point being that a lot of the Mojizas in the Quran have alternate meanings..

Now coming to the Mojizas of historical nature, I would say 99% of them belong to Ali (AS)...as per our books, he was a being above and beyond anything.... and I believe that as well.. therefore I will take them for face value and not dare to try and explain him or his position...as he is aptly described.. "Ali Imaamon na Imaam che"....

Nevertheless, it would be safe to assume that whatever he showed or did was not to gloat but make the people of this time, especially those who were to carry forward the message of Allah know who he was and increase and deepen their faith in Allah....

I am not sure if I have been able to answer anything at all here...

I don't really want to talk about MS's mojizas...if there is one Mojiza of his which I will accept it is that he has been able to trance millions of Dawoodi bohras...

May Allah grant us refuge and guide us on the true path before we die...