Bohri Reverts

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
MSS

Bohri Reverts

Unread post by MSS » Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:47 pm

AS.
I wanted to know if there is a community/connections of bohri people who have reverted to Islam. Basically people who have chosen to follow pure Islam i.e. pray five times, read and understand the Quran, follow the teachings of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).

While I am not aware of the different madhabs/sects in detail, I want to completely stop participating in unislamic things like worshipping a human being, making dua to graves, fake crying and beating chest in rhythm to get jannah, etc. Things we are forced into through social pressure. May Allah (swt) make it easy.

I want to know if there is a way to anonymously learn more, even small things like the differences in the way we pray compared to mainstream muslims. There are Islamic institutes but I thought it would be helpful to get advice from people who have been in the bohra fold. Shukran.

zinger

Re: Bohri Reverts

Unread post by zinger » Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:55 am

you can reach out to Burhan, the admin of this site https://www.islamhelpline.net/qa/0

besides that, Anjami and SBM, two of the stalwarts on this forum are also Bohras who are no longer in the fold (not 100% sure of SBM being or not being in the fold though). You can DM them too

MSS

Re: Bohri Reverts

Unread post by MSS » Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:49 am

zinger wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:55 am you can reach out to Burhan, the admin of this site https://www.islamhelpline.net/qa/0

besides that, Anjami and SBM, two of the stalwarts on this forum are also Bohras who are no longer in the fold (not 100% sure of SBM being or not being in the fold though). You can DM them too
JazakAllah Khair