Burhanpur riots.

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
ghulam muhammed

Burhanpur riots.

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:31 pm

I have heard that sometime last week a communal riot broke out in the city of Burhanpur and many shops belonging to the bohra community were systematically looted. Although nothing happened in the Bawa Hakimuddin Mola's durgah premises but bohras visiting the dargah were stranded and had to remain indoors within the dargah premises for 5 consecutive days. Can anyone throw some light on this sad incidence ?

Right

Re: Burhanpur riots.

Unread post by Right » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:57 am

Yeah it is true.

There were communal riots in Burhanpur, but it was not between Hindu & Muslim.

It was between Muslims & Dawoodi Bohra community.

I have come to know this from my friend who is from Burhanpur .

He told that because of jealousy 11 shops of bohra community were burned, and then curfew was lavied.

It is my observation that dawoodi Bohra community is targeted because of jealousy only.

Even in Hindu Muslim riots, Bohras are looted not because of religion but because of envy.

For this purpose we ourselves are only responsible.

We always have Jamans in all occassions. And also life style of bohra people especially bohra women, spending a huge amount in ridas and other accessories on all occassions, is directly coming in the eyes of other people.

laloo

Unread post by laloo » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:03 am

Right wrote: It was between Muslims & Dawoodi Bohra community.

I have come to know this from my friend who is from Burhanpur .

He told that because of jealousy 11 shops of bohra community were burned, and then curfew was lavied.

The communal tension in the town began on Dussehra (October 9) night when some people pelted stones at a religious procession passing through the Gandhi Chowk area. Nine people were killed in rioting that left more than 30 injured. Another person who was seriously injured was not able to reach the hospital during curfew on Wednesday and died.
http://www.headlinesindia.com/state-new ... -2821.html

instead of saving themselves ,muslims started attacking bohras?amazing info.please check with some more freinds over there to get the details.

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:39 pm

Bohras are sitting ducks, whatever happens. Hindu-Muslim riots or other conflagrations. It is because Bohras are visible. Khojas are similarly rich community, but they are targeted much less because they don't obviously stand out. A generation back common Bohras were like that but a gradual transformation has been imposed, to make bohras conspicuous by their dress.

So, it is obvious who is responsible for making bohras the target of the riots! I wish the community leaders were a little more far sighted.