views on dhadi n topi

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
charmingrose

Re: views on dhadi n topi

Unread post by charmingrose » Fri May 07, 2010 1:35 am

anajmi said :

]Actually, my day was going very well, until I started reading your utter nonsense. Now, please stop giving women a bad name. A coward like you always wants to hide behind her anatomy when confronted with reality.

----------------

if this forum is makin ur day turn to bad then why keep comin to spoil ur mood ? wht reality n on wht basis r u callin me a coward ?

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri May 07, 2010 1:41 am

charmingrose,

I came to see if profastian had responded to my question. But unfortunately, I had to go through your crap. Sometimes, you have to go through crap to get to the other end. You are that crap and on top of that, there is nothing but crap at the other end, as I am most certain profastian will not have anything of substance to offer either.

I am calling you a coward because in every other post you are complaining about being treated a certain way because you are a woman. Should people keep reading your crap and not respond because you are a woman? No one over here cares if you are a woman or an Amil pretending to be a woman. You get treated as per your posts. If your posts bring out the idiot in you, then you will be treated like an idiot.

charmingrose

Unread post by charmingrose » Fri May 07, 2010 1:54 am

anajmi said :

charmingrose,

I came to see if profastian had responded to my question. But unfortunately, I had to go through your crap. Sometimes, you have to go through crap to get to the other end. You are that crap and on top of that, there is nothing but crap at the other end, as I am most certain profastian will not have anything of substance to offer either.

I am calling you a coward because in every other post you are complaining about being treated a certain way because you are a woman. Should people keep reading your crap and not respond because you are a woman? No one over here cares if you are a woman or an Amil pretending to be a woman. You get treated as per your posts. If your posts bring out the idiot in you, then you will be treated like an idiot.

---------------

easy on the word crap.some might think u really need to take a dump.it is a fact isnt it ? tht u lack tameez to talk to woman ? i m nt askin to be treated preferentially.if tht would be the case i would say it is ok to abuse a man bt nt a woman.u dont realise the moment u start name callin is the moment u lose the argument and respect and it shows u to be a bigot on top of all.the admin here say tht abuses wont be tolerated n then u go against them and abuse members.u hv already been banned before.i hpe u change ur ways n nt get banned again.. u seem lik a frustated person in life.i hpe Allah guides u on the right path..

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Fri May 07, 2010 7:53 am

Anjami
I came to see if profastian had responded to my question
Well Anjami that makes two of us. I am still waiting for my response on another thread from P--tian regarding Fatimid Dawat imparting knowledge and not about money then why Wajebaat form has all those NAJWAS for Imam,Syedna,Mazoon and Mukasir

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Fri May 07, 2010 8:25 am

In another thread, profastian has accepted that he has sold his soul cheap, I don't expect him to respond to reason. it does not seem to work for him / her.

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Fri May 07, 2010 8:48 am

charmingrose wrote:boom said :

Your are the one who is desperate to get attention running around this forum, commenting on everything..

-----------------------

in case u missed it bt the idea of a forum is discussin n commentin on issues.nw perhaps if u r thinkin bout hw ppl with beards kiss then this is not the right forum fr u ? anyway u said u will be careful in future.best of luck with that. fool zulfikar once , shame on you.fool zulfikar twice shame on him ..
charmingrose,

Why are you so jealous of Al Zulfikar huh?? 8)
Is it because of the respect and attention he is getting, while people are ignoring and disrespecting you??

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri May 07, 2010 9:50 am

charmingrose,

Stop this nonsense. Now go look at how profastian responded to my post. That is how you respond if you want to have an intelligent discussion. Do not try to feed us this sabak and waez and "beating on a woman" crap. I've dealt with a lot of morons like you. Now, unless you can figure out how to use quotation marks, you will remain the biggest idiot on this board. And that includes men and women.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Mon May 10, 2010 10:14 am

This is interesting

One of our brothers/sisters has asked this question:

WHAT IS THE SIGNIFICANCE OF A BEARD IN ISLAM?

(There may be some grammatical and spelling errors in the above statement. The forum does not change anything from questions, comments and statements received from our readers for circulation in confidentiality.)

Answer:

What is the significance of beard in Islam?

In the name of Allah, We praise Him, seek His help and ask for His forgiveness. Whoever Allah guides none can misguide, and who-ever He allows to fall astray, none can guide them aright. We bear witness that there is no one (no idol, no person, no grave, no prophet, no imam, no dai, nobody!) worthy of worship but Allah Alone, and we bear witness that Muhammad (saws) is His slave-servant and the seal of His Messengers.

Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 20 Surah Ta Ha Ayaat 94: .. And Haroon said, "O son of my mother, do not seize me by my beard nor pull the hair of my head."

The story as related in the Quran in the same chapter from verses 83 onwards is when Moses went to speak to God and left Prophet Haroon behind with the people of Bani Israel, Samiri misled the Bani Israel into making and worshiping a god which resembled a calf and made a hollow sound. When Moses returned and saw what the Bani Israel were doing, he was extremely upset and rebuked their idol-worship and then turned to Haroon, whom he had deputised in his absense. Moses must have been so angry at this abomination, that he seized Haroon`s beard and head in disgust. This is when Haroon replied the above sentence as related in the above aayat. And that is simply what it means. Moses held Haroon responsible for the act of the Bani Israel, and Haroon was trying to give evidence saying that he was not responsible for the Bani Israel for doing the act of idol-worship.

Thus the significance of the beard in the above aayat is simply that Prophet Haroon had a beard!! And so did all the Prophets of Allah ... each and every one of them. Actually, in those days, all men used to keep beards. It was basically what all men did!!! Clean-shaven men were just not a thing that could be imagined.... it just did not happen. Clean-shaven is a fashion that took over the last couple of centuries.... before that, every man just naturally kept a beard.

Today, the beard has taken on a significance in Islam because of a hadith of Prophet Mohamed (saws), who said:

Do the opposite of what the pagans do. Lengthen your beards and cut the mustaches short.

As Muslims, we follow everything the Prophet Mohamed (saws) said or did. He had a beard. All his companions had a beard. And in the above narration, he recommended Muslims to keep a beard. Now the question arises, why should we keep a beard?

The answer is simple. Today, you might have seen youngsters copy the fashion of sport-stars, hollywood-stars or anybody else whom they love. If you notice today, many hot hollywood stars and sport stars are sporting a "goatie" beard! And true to fashion, you see a lot of people around today who keep "goatie" beards!!! As Muslim, our role model should be the Prophet (saws). We love to copy everything he did .. he had a beard and thus we keep the beard.[/color]

Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 33 Surah Ahzab verse 21: There is indeed the best model for you in the Messenger of Allah, for every such person looks forward to Allah and the Last Day, and remember Allah much.

In another narration, the Prophet of Allah said in narrating a prophecy of times to come:

There will emerge from the East some peole who will recite the Quran, but it will not exceed their throats, and who will go out of the deen of Islam as an arrow passes through the game. They will never come back to it unless the arrow comes back to the middle of the bow by itself (i.e. impossible!). The companions asked, "What will their signs be?". The Prophet (saws) said: "Their sign will be the habit of shaving off of their beards".

Thus the keeping of beards is a Sunnah of the Prophet (saws) and every muslim must strive to keep a beard, if his model is indeed the Prophet of Allah (saws). He will get his due reward from Allah, Insha Allah, if he keeps the beard to follow the Sunnah and for Allah`s pleasure.

May Allah guide you and us all to the Straight Path of Islam.

Whatever written of Truth and benefit is only due to Allah’s Assistance and Guidance, and whatever of error is of me. Allah Alone Knows Best and He is the Only Source of Strength.

Your Brother in Islam,

Burhan

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Tue May 11, 2010 6:19 pm

Burhan,
My English is not so good, but I'll try my best, to be clear.
I'm not writing brother before your name, but I do respect you and other members in this forum. My intentions are good, so please forgive me, if I say something foul about Islam or the Prophet..

Muslim First wrote: Thus the significance of the beard in the above aayat is simply that Prophet Haroon had a beard!! And so did all the Prophets of Allah ... each and every one of them. Actually, in those days, all men used to keep beards. It was basically what all men did!!! Clean-shaven men were just not a thing that could be imagined.... it just did not happen. Clean-shaven is a fashion that took over the last couple of centuries.... before that, every man just naturally kept a beard.
I believe, in those days, most men used to keep beards, because they never bothered about their looks. They were more focused on, safety, health, something to wear, food and their survival. The common man, didn't have mirror's, proper shaving blades.. Only the rich people had this pleasure of being clean shaved.
The last couple of centuries, man kind has invented better tools, like gillette shaving blades so that ever man can have this pleasure. Allah has given us aeroplane, so we can travel faster. Microwaves, so we can cook faster. Shaving blades, so we can take care of the beautiful faces he has given us.

I believe, Allah has made each and ever living thing unique in this world and that must be for a good reason. So why should we go against His will??

Muslim First wrote: Today, the beard has taken on a significance in Islam because of a hadith of Prophet Mohamed (saws), who said:

Do the opposite of what the pagans do. Lengthen your beards and cut the mustaches short.
So, if tomorrow.. the pagans start growing length beards, will you do the opposite and get a clean shave??
Muslim First wrote: As Muslims, we follow everything the Prophet Mohamed (saws) said or did. He had a beard. All his companions had a beard. And in the above narration, he recommended Muslims to keep a beard. Now the question arises, why should we keep a beard?

The answer is simple. Today, you might have seen youngsters copy the fashion of sport-stars, hollywood-stars or anybody else whom they love. If you notice today, many hot hollywood stars and sport stars are sporting a "goatie" beard! And true to fashion, you see a lot of people around today who keep "goatie" beards!!! As Muslim, our role model should be the Prophet (saws). We love to copy everything he did .. he had a beard and thus we keep the beard.[/color]
Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 33 Surah Ahzab verse 21: There is indeed the best model for you in the Messenger of Allah, for every such person looks forward to Allah and the Last Day, and remember Allah much.
Their are a few thing, the Prophet (saws) did in those day, that would be considered unethical today. I hope you know what I'm trying to "hint" at.
So you don't follow everything the Prophet (saw) did or you would be in prison.

Muslim First wrote:
In another narration, the Prophet of Allah said in narrating a prophecy of times to come:

There will emerge from the East some peole who will recite the Quran, but it will not exceed their throats, and who will go out of the deen of Islam as an arrow passes through the game. They will never come back to it unless the arrow comes back to the middle of the bow by itself (i.e. impossible!). The companions asked, "What will their signs be?". The Prophet (saws) said: "Their sign will be the habit of shaving off of their beards".

Thus the keeping of beards is a Sunnah of the Prophet (saws) and every muslim must strive to keep a beard, if his model is indeed the Prophet of Allah (saws). He will get his due reward from Allah, Insha Allah, if he keeps the beard to follow the Sunnah and for Allah`s pleasure.
No comment..

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue May 11, 2010 6:47 pm

boom,

A muslim is supposed to grow a beard as that is what the prophet ordered. It is a sunnah of the prophet (some even consider it as fard as the prophet explicitly ordered it). If you want to fight against the order of the prophet then you are a munfiq at best and a kafir at worst. The arguments about shaving kits and looking good are not worthy of an argument. Allah says in the Quran that the prophet does not speak from his own desire. So if he asked to keep a beard, then that is the order of Allah. If the Syedna is forcing people to grow beards, then he is not doing anything against Islam.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Tue May 11, 2010 7:14 pm

Boom

I did not write that it was written by Burhan of islamhelpline.com

ozmujaheed

Unread post by ozmujaheed » Wed May 12, 2010 8:01 am

I am surprised the same Sayedna who condons Shirk that will lead him to serious questioning during Kayamat and Sajada to himself, creates self praising monuments also strangely has respect for a second tier sunnah arund dadhi and some Abdes dare call the opponents munafiq.

Who is fooling who ?

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed May 12, 2010 8:28 am

You are fooling yourself. Munafiqs are opponents of the prophet and his sunnah and not the Syedna. And then you called me an Abde. What could be more foolish than that?

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Wed May 12, 2010 4:03 pm

anajmi wrote:boom,

A muslim is supposed to grow a beard as that is what the prophet ordered. It is a sunnah of the prophet (some even consider it as fard as the prophet explicitly ordered it). If you want to fight against the order of the prophet then you are a munfiq at best and a kafir at worst. The arguments about shaving kits and looking good are not worthy of an argument. Allah says in the Quran that the prophet does not speak from his own desire. So if he asked to keep a beard, then that is the order of Allah. If the Syedna is forcing people to grow beards, then he is not doing anything against Islam.
anajmi,

Why did Allah create, each & ever living creature unique? I'm sure if He wanted us to look alike, He would have done so from the start??

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed May 12, 2010 4:06 pm

Growing a beard doesn't make everyone look alike. Not sure what you've been looking at. You should ask yourself, why did Allah give facial hair to men instead of just keeping them clean shaven? Do animals have to shave to look different from each other?

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Wed May 12, 2010 4:29 pm

anajmi wrote:Growing a beard doesn't make everyone look alike. Not sure what you've been looking at.
It is much harder to indentify a person with beard and even more harder, in a crowd.

Isn't the whole idea in Islam, that men should look & behave like the Prophet (saw)?

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed May 12, 2010 6:25 pm

It is much harder to indentify a person with beard and even more harder, in a crowd.
Then I would get your eye sight checked before making changes to Islam.
Isn't the whole idea in Islam, that men should look & behave like the Prophet (saw)?
Now you are beginning to sound like a goat, Does that mean you are saying Baaa Baaa? I haven't had anyone come to me and tell me that he mistook me for the prophet nor have I ever mistook anyone with a beard for the prophet. Even a blind person would know better than that. Not sure which category you belong to now. A lot of my friends have beards, but I have never mistook one for another. It's funny that I have never actually heard this complaint about bearded guys before. You should seriously get yourself checked.

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Wed May 12, 2010 6:52 pm

anajmi wrote: I haven't had anyone come to me and tell me that he mistook me for the prophet.
Why should they? Everyone knows, Prophet (saw) is dead..

I'll ask again.. Isn't the whole idea in Islam, that men should look & behave like the Prophet (saw)?

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed May 12, 2010 6:56 pm

And I will answer again

Yes, the idea is to look and behave like the prophet, but I haven't had anyone come to me and tell me that he mistook me for the prophet nor have I ever mistook anyone with a beard for the prophet. Even a blind person would know better than that. Not sure which category you belong to now. A lot of my friends have beards, but I have never mistook one for another. It's funny that I have never actually heard this complaint about bearded guys before. You should seriously get yourself checked.

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Wed May 12, 2010 7:46 pm

anajmi wrote: Yes, the idea is to look and behave like the prophet,
We can't choose looks. Because Allah, created us that way.. But behavior is something we choose our self "free will ".

Since Allah has created each & every human unique, Isn't that going against His will, trying to look the same??

Human

Unread post by Human » Wed May 12, 2010 7:55 pm

anajmi wrote:why did Allah give facial hair to men instead of just keeping them clean shaven?
Going by this logic, can I ask why did allah give that extra bit of skin if he wanted all to be circumcised?
No offence intended. Just goes exactly by the logic, that's all.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed May 12, 2010 7:57 pm

boom,

You should ask yourself this, if Allah wanted to make us unique, why did he give us all 2 legs, 2 hands, 1 nose, 1 tongue and 1 brain? Well, he did give us different IQs though!! You should shave off one of your limbs, to look different from the others, the next time you shave your beard.
Last edited by anajmi on Wed May 12, 2010 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed May 12, 2010 7:58 pm

Human,

He wanted to see how many will follow his commands and how many will end up arguing against them. We know where you stand.

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Wed May 12, 2010 8:13 pm

anajmi wrote:You should ask yourself this, if Allah wanted to make us unique, why did he give us all 2 legs, 2 hands, 1 nose, 1 tongue and 1 brain? Well, he did give us different IQs though!! You should shave off one of your limbs, to look different from the others, the next time you shave your beard.
I'll ask again.. Since Allah has created each & every human unique, Isn't that going against His will, trying to look the same??
Last edited by Conscíous on Wed May 12, 2010 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed May 12, 2010 8:13 pm

Allah created us unique, but sometimes you see that people look like each other. For eg. it is extremely common for children to look like their parents or siblings to look like each other. I am not sure where you got this idea about Allah liking us unique and hence we shouldn't grow beards!! That is like putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 7.5. Allah is the one who gave you facial hair. So do not cut it because the prophet has asked Muslims not to cut it and what the prophet said is the command of Allah. Everything else is your own argument and it doesn't hold water against the word of Allah and his prophet.

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Wed May 12, 2010 8:45 pm

anajmi wrote:Allah created us unique, but sometimes you see that people look like each other. For eg. it is extremely common for children to look like their parents or siblings to look like each other.
If someone resembles like another person or a family member, that is because of Allah's will. He choose them to look alike. They didn't have any say, before they were born.

But trying to look like someone else, is intriely a different thing.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed May 12, 2010 9:03 pm

But trying to look like someone else, is intriely a different thing.
Trying to look like the prophet of Islam is actually something that is preferred by Allah and that is why the prophet ordered us to grow a beard. The prophet is the family member of every muslim. So it is Allah's will that we look like him.

Human

Unread post by Human » Wed May 12, 2010 9:08 pm

anajmi wrote:Human,

He wanted to see how many will follow his commands and how many will end up arguing against them. We know where you stand.
Yes, I stand far far away from the extremist group. That's where I stand and we also know where you stand.
Whatever happened to the commands of not lying and helping everyone. Beard issue is a big farce. I also think each and every sunnah is not taken so seriously as people take beard, more of an agenda I guess. You just need to look around and see how many people growing long beard consume alcohol and use interest for loans and as incomes too. Lying is alright, interst is alright, sometimes consuming alcohol is alright, Mc Donalds hamburger is alright (oh damn, it had ham - god will forgive), but not keeping a beard? Damn, not following the sunnah, black mark on islam!

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed May 12, 2010 9:12 pm

Right!!! Some guy has a beard and consumes alcohol so I shouldn't grow a beard. I couldn'tve heard a better argument against growing a beard than that gem.
Lying is alright, interst is alright, sometimes consuming alcohol is alright
huh!! Did I say all that is alright? Creating straw man arguments? Running out of real arguments already?
Mc Donalds hamburger is alright
No it is not. It is haraam. I don't eat it and no one in my family does. But that guy with the beard eats it, so I shouldn't grow a beard. Great argument.

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Wed May 12, 2010 9:31 pm

anajmi wrote:
So it is Allah's will that we look like him.
If it was Allah's will, why are we not born with a beard, like cats are born with whiskers??