Reformists Convention In Udaipur

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
udaipurresident

Reformists Convention In Udaipur

Unread post by udaipurresident » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:21 am

The recent convention in udaipur by brother reformists was quite a debacle considering the acts/speeches of the so called elite bearaucrats that were called on to grace te occassion.I would like to mention here that the one of the speaker at the convention mr Sachar had created a row after his statement on birth place of hindu god ram made during his visit to udaipur.This led to raising of alarm bells among the majority hindus & group of people had gathered at the bohra mosque where the convention was taking place.Keeping in mind our clean image, we should have restrained him from taking the centre stage at our function after his statement.Fortunately, the incident passed of peacefully without any major untowrad incident.
Another breaucrat, the member of planning commission Mr. Mungekar in his speech mentioned that the entire dawoodi bohra community equals nealy half the population of udaipur & made statements that this community has made commendable progress in comparison to other communities. Was he there to raise concern for our reformists or was he there to add feathers in the hats of the orthodox community achievements.I would also like to mention here that since we reformists have a strong base in udaipur, we should have tried to rope in some of the big political big-wigs of udaipur region & there by rope in greater political voice to our conference. We could have used the clout of our local leaders who are holding positions in the minority wings of major political parties in udaipur for this reason

Hussain_KSA

Re: Reformists Convention In Udaipur

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:40 am

Saufuddin Insaf saheb can put some light on this issue. We are also expecting the complete report of the conference for the board readers.

Thanks.

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:21 am

Dear Mr. Hussain_KSA,
Detailed report of Udaipur World Conference will be soon on this website with photographs. Kindly wait.

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:11 pm

Mr. president: YOUR above statement is a critical and somewhat biased view of the confrence. While controverseries are to be avioded, but there is nothing wrong in hearing a different point of view. You even critcized, when, according to you, one speaker praised the achievemnent of bohra community. I think, this is the stance of reform movement, that we are all dawoodi bohras, actually it says it on its homepage. I did not understand, why are you critical of bohra's achievement.

Admin

Unread post by Admin » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:32 pm

Udaipur conference reports and photos now available:
http://dawoodi-bohras.com/events/

More photos to come.

udaipurresident

Unread post by udaipurresident » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:09 am

Originally posted by accountability:
You even critcized, when, according to you, one speaker praised the achievemnent of bohra community.
But the prolific writers on this board are hell bent upon proving here that the bohras are way behind.Either they are wrong or the speaker is ill informed.

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:30 am

Brother udaipurresident,
You pretend to be reformist or sympathiser of reformist movement. I refer here most mischievous statement wrote by you that “…….one of the speaker at the convention mr Sachar had created a row after his statement on birth place of Hindu god ram made during his visit to Udaipur. This led to raising alarm bells among the majority Hindus & group of people had gathered at the Bohra mosque where the convention was taking place…….”

If you are an Udaipur resident you should know that there is no mosque near the auditorium where inaugural function of the World Conference was held and speeches were made by Justice Rajendra Suchar and others.
No such thing had ever taken place during the conference and stay of Justice Sachar in Udaipur.
I challenge you to substantiate your mischievous and provocative statement either by press reports or by police records or otherwise tender an open apology and refrain from making such mischief in future especially on public platforms like this board.

udaipurresident

Unread post by udaipurresident » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:08 am

Originally posted by S. Insaf:
Brother udaipurresident,
You pretend to be reformist or sympathiser of reformist movement. I refer here most mischievous statement wrote by you that “…….one of the speaker at the convention mr Sachar had created a row after his statement on birth place of Hindu god ram made during his visit to Udaipur. This led to raising alarm bells among the majority Hindus & group of people had gathered at the Bohra mosque where the convention was taking place…….”

If you are an Udaipur resident you should know that there is no mosque near the auditorium where inaugural function of the World Conference was held and speeches were made by Justice Rajendra Suchar and others.
No such thing had ever taken place during the conference and stay of Justice Sachar in Udaipur.
I challenge you to substantiate your mischievous and provocative statement either by press reports or by police records or otherwise tender an open apology and refrain from making such mischief in future especially on public platforms like this board.
Kindly refer to the local newspapers where the statement of sachar was made.sachar had made these statements when he was in udaipur and as far as i recall he made his statement on the day or eve of the reformists convention.Pls recall the day wherein the function was held in bohrawadi mosque & there were people accumalated outside the mosque.Its is just sheer luck that no mishap took place.

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:58 pm

Brother udaipurresident,
Please give me the name and date of newspaper you are refering. Justice Sachar and other dignatories were present in anaugral function only and had left on 1st Feb. evening. There are no mosque near the auditorium where inaugral function was held. Second and thirday sessions were held in Bohra Community Center near Rasoolpura mosque. There is a police chowki oposite to Rasulpura mosque. As Justice Sachar and others were not there in these sessions there is no question of their making any speach near the mosque and hurting any one's feeling.
I have all the newspapers in Hindi and English published in Rajasthan from 20th of Jan. to 10 of March. I have checked and rechecked all the papers but no paper has reported the story you are refering.
Please clarify.

udaipurresident

Unread post by udaipurresident » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:13 pm

Brother udaipurresident,
Please give me the name and date of newspaper you are refering. Justice Sachar and other dignatories were present in anaugral function only and had left on 1st Feb. evening. There are no mosque near the auditorium where inaugral function was held. Second and thirday sessions were held in Bohra Community Center near Rasoolpura mosque. There is a police chowki oposite to Rasulpura mosque. As Justice Sachar and others were not there in these sessions there is no question of their making any speach near the mosque and hurting any one's feeling.
I have all the newspapers in Hindi and English published in Rajasthan from 20th of Jan. to 10 of March. I have checked and rechecked all the papers but no paper has reported the story you are refering.
Please clarify.
Insaf bhai
Mr Sachar had given the controversial statement on hindu god Ram during his visit to udaipur, and this was captured in the local newspaper Dainak Bhaskar & as far as i recall that was covered in 2/3 feb edition.If u want i can try and get a copy of that and send for ypr reference.Regarding the Presence of Mr sachar at the rasul pura mosque, i have said that he did not come to our mosque, but after his controversial statement there was a group of people gathered outside our mosque but luckily no mishapp took place

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:07 am

Please scan that piece of news in Dainik Bhaskar and put it on this board as others also wants to know the truth.
From Bombay I have spoke to Justice Sachar and Mr. Maheshwari of Dainik Bhaskar. They have denied the incident and they also want to see it. So please hurry up!!

udaipurresident

Unread post by udaipurresident » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:18 am

Please scan that piece of news in Dainik Bhaskar and put it on this board as others also wants to know the truth.
From Bombay I have spoke to Justice Sachar and Mr. Maheshwari of Dainik Bhaskar. They have denied the incident and they also want to see it. So please hurry up!!
Insaf i shall do the needful shortly/

udaipurresident

Unread post by udaipurresident » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:25 am

Originally posted by udaipurresident:
Insaf i shall do the needful shortly/
Pls read as Insaf bhai i shall do the neeful shortly

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:23 pm

Brother udaipurresident,
Thank you in advance

profrog

Unread post by profrog » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:41 am

having seen the pics of the 'conference' it does not seem that the people in the pics are muslims let alone bohras from their looks

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:00 pm

Still waiting for that article from the Newspaper.
Why is it taking so long to find the article and put the link on the website.
MIGHT BE THAT ARTICLE CAN ONLY BE READ BY THE PEOPLE OF BAATINI ILM :( AS IT WAS WRITTEN IN BATINI SCRIPT

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:03 pm

Profrog
Those people you see in the picture are ENLIGHTENED BOHRAS and not the suppressed one you are used to seeing at the Majaalis. Since they have no uniform
STD, you got confused.

udaipurresident

Unread post by udaipurresident » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:41 pm

Originally posted by omabharti:
Still waiting for that article from the Newspaper.
Why is it taking so long to find the article and put the link on the website.
MIGHT BE THAT ARTICLE CAN ONLY BE READ BY THE PEOPLE OF BAATINI ILM :( AS IT WAS WRITTEN IN BATINI SCRIPT
I haev already stated above that i shall do the needful shortly.The only reason for not doing that is because im away from udaipur, i would just request you to ahve patience and i shall do the required asap.As far as link is concerned im not that net savvy/conversant, but one thing is for sure and that is it was there in the newsprint.Just allow me some time.thnx

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:04 pm

Originally posted by omabharti:
Profrog
Those people you see in the picture are ENLIGHTENED BOHRAS and not the suppressed one you are used to seeing at the Majaalis. Since they have no uniform
STD, you got confused.
bhai oma, people like profrog suffer from STD, so its but natural they are always confused...

profrog

Unread post by profrog » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:37 am

from the pics there is nothing enlightened about them,they look bored out of their heads and from the looks they all appear to be hindus

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:56 pm

looks they all appear to be hindus
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well when you do the WADHAWO to Syedna and all the Shezadas that is the Hindu custom, talk about Hypocracy

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:20 pm

in fact all the bohras in india are converts from the hindu vohra gujratis, thus our description as bohras...

in fact even the line of syednas that we have starting from syedna dawood, after the representative nominated and sent from yemen was rejected by the vohra majority in india, are also all pucca hindu gujus. all the customs we have today, cheda chedi, wadhawanu, kalasiyo, paan-supari etc are all retained from the hindu vohras.

so for the syedna and his family to claim that they are descended from arab yemeni blood and so on, is all hogwash and a load of bull! this whole business of dawaat-ni-zabaan, spoken in a gujrati/urdu/hindi mix, and written in arabic is just an attempt to whitewash our hindu past. the introduction of fancy-sounding arabic words in the language used by the dawaat is designed to hoodwink and fool gullible bohras. very often those words make no sense in the context in which they are used and it makes us look like idiots when an arab hears it.

pro-frog, the biggest characteristic that we have retained from the guju vohras is our habit of negotiating like cowards, never confronting like the sher-e-khuda, ali ibne abitalib, whose followers we claim to be! witness the number of weak and impotent millions in our midst who fold meekly and submit every year during ramzan when they have to pay up their dues...

it is the reformists who are the real muslims while the abde-syedna's are achoot hindus bowing to their brahmin priests, feeding them and grovelling before them day and night, fearful of incurring their wrath!!!!!!!!

Humsafar

Unread post by Humsafar » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:49 pm

Well said Zulifiqar. Also, I might add, that this so-called quami libas (STD) is a recent invention - not more than a generation old. It was imposed on Bohras on pain of ex-communication. Before that the "Bohra" appearance was exactly what reformists look like now: lehnga/odhni salwar/kurta for women and pant/shirt of men as their secular attire. For religious occasion men would wear topi, kurta and lungi/izaar. For eid, marriage and other joyous occasions men used to and still wear Fetas which I believe are now banned by the Kothar.

In Udaipur in olden days, the Bohra men use to wear typical Mewari pagdis - an obvious influence of the society and culutre they lived. Those pagdis have almost completely disappeared and so have the gold and black burqas that women used to wear.

Judging people's faith or affiliations by appearance is a tricky thing and always a sign of a superficial mind. When profrog and company could not find anything else to pick on regarding the conference, they picked on the appearance. If they saw a picture of, let's say, the 44th Dai they would most likely disown him on the grounds of his appearance.

profrog

Unread post by profrog » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:04 am

we finally have one of the progs admitting that they are living in the past,so why call yourselves progressive when its the opposite, its us dawoodi bohras under guidance of our moula tus who are progressing in all aspects to the extent what we wear and how we look,today we have a cultural identity and are recognised by all as bohras, can you say the same for the progs?-- when you look like hindus,so what if our origin is from hindu its what we are now which counts and not what you we used to be. a good example is of hur a.s. in kerbala he was part of yazids army but when he died as part of imam hussein a.s. army all his past sins were forgiven.

anyway you progs can continue to live in the past with no hope whatsoever of the future burning with hatred while alive in your short 60-100 years life and then burn for all eternity later after your hallakki

like_minded

Unread post by like_minded » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:32 am

dawoodi bohras progressing in all aspects?????? pls mention, which aspects.

Cultural identity??? ha.ha.ha....In your quomi libaas (STD) you guys look straight from the zoo.

progs living in the past???? well, look who is talking!!!! ha..ha..ha... Morons, who beat themselves silly 365 days a year, talking of progs living in the past!!!! what a joke!!!!

Profrog, Please refrain from such posts, unless ofcourse if you want to make a monkey of your ownself.

like_minded

Unread post by like_minded » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:46 am

dawoodi bohras under guidance of our moula tus who are progressing in all aspects

Profrog

If its wealth, then let me tell you about a panwala who sells pan near my house... In the last 6-7 years he has branched out in 10 different locations, has his own house and a car to drive around.. Thats the progress he has made in less than a decade.

Talk of marwaris, gujaratis, sindhis, punjabis, keralites, do you know the progress they have made in the last 1 decade??? Unimaginable!!

Narayan Murthy (Infosys Technologies) about 15 years back started from scratch... Do you know what is his worth now??

If wealth is your yard-stick to measure the progress of an individual or community, then I can give u many more examples to shut your mouth.

Wealth wise, Bohras may have excelled, but spiritually they are bankrupt, courtesy Bhagwan Burhanuddin.

like_minded

Unread post by like_minded » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:22 am

burn for all eternity later after your hallakki

Profrog

I dont blame you for this sentence, as this is the kind of inspiration you draw from your moula!

Lanats for you guys is the order of the day, unless you utter them, you cannot digest your kharas and mithas!

like_minded

Unread post by like_minded » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:26 am

a good example is of hur a.s. in kerbala he was part of yazids army but when he died as part of imam hussein a.s. army all his past sins were forgiven

Profrog, what a stupid example!! and by the way, did you talk to Allah?? If no, how do you know his sins were forgiven???

like_minded

Unread post by like_minded » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:36 am

dawoodi bohras under guidance of our moula tus who are progressing in all aspects to the extent what we wear and how we look,today we have a cultural identity and are recognised by all as bohras

Who would fail to recognize a dawoodi bohra in this cultural costume... one can easily pick an odd man out among modern civilized men.

like_minded

Unread post by like_minded » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:48 am

In one field dawoodi bohras have surely progressed, and that is, Khidmat and chamchagiri of their masters (kothar).