ayyamul beez

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
irritated

ayyamul beez

Unread post by irritated » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:50 am

I am very new to this forum but I have been reading this forum since last 3 months. I have gone through almost all the topics being discussed. I am a young bohra and i have got irritated with the system which DAWOODI BOHRAS follow.
By reading this forum regularly without missing a single day I have come across things which are followed in my family but now I think its just foolishness to follow such things.
Today my question is that is doing ayyamul beez na 3 roza compulsory in Islam? Or its just Dawoodi Bohra faith.?
Just cant understand this. I asked my mom why as to do these roza so her answer was quite simple "arey kivi vaat kare che..!tane khabar nathi ki aa ayyamul beez na roza che.Moula Ali as ni vilaadat no din." I was forced to wake up in the morning for seori.
What should I do now..?

berasiawala

Re: ayyamul beez

Unread post by berasiawala » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:35 am

The Rozas of Ayyamul beez is not compulsary however its good if its done as for all compulsary or non compulsary Rozas there is a reward from Allah.
Anyway i have heard about these Rozas on the Channel Qtv and the person teiling about it was a Sunni, I was surprised to know from him that these 3 Rozas are important and should be done however not Farz. He also mentioned about the "Motiusawalaat" Roza and insisted that it should also be done.
Thus for us Shias the followers of Amirul Mumineen its better for us if we do it.
Even if you are forced to do sehori then its not for a wrong purpose so its ok.

Fateh

Unread post by Fateh » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:42 am

irritated wrote:I am very new to this forum but I have been reading this forum since last 3 months. I have gone through almost all the topics being discussed. I am a young bohra and i have got irritated with the system which DAWOODI BOHRAS follow.
By reading this forum regularly without missing a single day I have come across things which are followed in my family but now I think its just foolishness to follow such things.
Today my question is that is doing ayyamul beez na 3 roza compulsory in Islam? Or its just Dawoodi Bohra faith.?
Just cant understand this. I asked my mom why as to do these roza so her answer was quite simple "arey kivi vaat kare che..!tane khabar nathi ki aa ayyamul beez na roza che.Moula Ali as ni vilaadat no din." I was forced to wake up in the morning for seori.
What should I do now..?
You should do what your mom say. Roza of ayyamul beez may not compulsory in Islam but these roza may give you remembrance of the hardship Moula Ali(a.s.) did in his life.Live like ALI(A.S.),die like HUSEIN(A.S.).

think

Unread post by think » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:53 am

yes, these rozas and many more are not do or die. as a matter of fact even rozas in ramadan can be forgiven if you cannot keep them because of health reasons. you can do these rozas later when health permits or give alms to the poor to make up for the rozas lost due to ill health.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:33 am

I think either Br Porus or Br Aqs or Br Hussain_KSA can answer the initial questions asked by Irritated

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:48 am

No roza other than the roza in the month of ramadan are compulsory in Islam. A person who fasts unwillingly is doing nothing other than staying hungry. He is not going to earn the pleasure of Allah. Having said that, any additional fasts that you do for the sake of Allah will give you immense reward inshallah. The prophet (saw) showed us many different types of nafil (not fard) fasts. The fast of Prophet Dawood (as) is where you fast every alternate day. The ayyamal beez fasts are the ones on the 13, 14 and 15 of every month or you can fast on Mondays and Thursdays. Or any day that you might want to fast for the sake of Allah.

I do not think any of these fasts are for the sake of Mola Ali. He probably fasted these days, but it wasn't because of his viladat or virasat or jiyafat. He fasted for the sake of Allah just like we should.

I am not sure how old irritated is, but normally, parents force their children to fast to get them into the habit of fasting so that they can be prepared for the soon coming month of ramadan. I ask my 10 year old daughter to fast. She fasted a few days last year as well, but it was all willingly. I do not force her to fast. If she wants to break her fast before time, then I let her. However, if irritated is an adult, and he fasts unwillingly, then the fast is of no benefit to him.

irritated

Unread post by irritated » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:45 pm

irritated wrote:I am very new to this forum but I have been reading this forum since last 3 months. I have gone through almost all the topics being discussed. I am a young bohra and i have got irritated with the system which DAWOODI BOHRAS follow.
What should I do now..?
anajmi wrote:
No roza other than the roza in the month of ramadan are compulsory in Islam. A person who fasts unwillingly is doing nothing other than staying hungry. He is not going to earn the pleasure of Allah. Having said that, any additional fasts that you do for the sake of Allah will give you immense reward inshallah. The prophet (saw) showed us many different types of nafil (not fard) fasts. The fast of Prophet Dawood (as) is where you fast every alternate day. The ayyamal beez fasts are the ones on the 13, 14 and 15 of every month or you can fast on Mondays and Thursdays. Or any day that you might want to fast for the sake of Allah.

I do not think any of these fasts are for the sake of Mola Ali. He probably fasted these days, but it wasn't because of his viladat or virasat or jiyafat. He fasted for the sake of Allah just like we should.

I am not sure how old irritated is, but normally, parents force their children to fast to get them into the habit of fasting so that they can be prepared for the soon coming month of ramadan. I ask my 10 year old daughter to fast. She fasted a few days last year as well, but it was all willingly. I do not force her to fast. If she wants to break her fast before time, then I let her. However, if irritated is an adult, and he fasts unwillingly, then the fast is of no benefit to him.
I am 16.
I have no problem for doing roza as it will surely be only for me.But I just do it unwillingly for a very simple reason that I dont know the meaning of doing so.But with such informative replies I will surely be doing it willingly.Actually there is no one who can inform me about such things. Thank you

JC

Unread post by JC » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:57 pm

The young one ......... this is your TIME, wake up and do not be afraid of asking questions, like you are doing.

Ask your parents - Why do bohras worship graves, dead and mortals?? This is NO Religion, this is taking us to Stone Age.

humble_servant_us

Unread post by humble_servant_us » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:02 pm

13th, 14th and 15th of Rajab, Shaa’-baan and Ramzan are know as “Ayyaam-e-Beez” (the days of surpassing splendour) . Imam Jaa’-far bin Muhammad As Saadiq (A.S.) had said: Whoso prays during the nights of “Ayyam Bayz”, in fact, stands at the door of superabundant favours, bounties and benefits available in these months .

It is highly desirable to observe fast on 13, 14 and 15, have a bath each day, and give alms in the way of Allah.

Every act of worship in Islam should be only to seek nearness of Allah(swt) .

irritated

Unread post by irritated » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:14 pm

JC wrote:The young one ......... this is your TIME, wake up and do not be afraid of asking questions, like you are doing.

Ask your parents - Why do bohras worship graves, dead and mortals?? This is NO Religion, this is taking us to Stone Age.
Thanks JC.
But seriously I am really tired of this system.
I am so much interested in this forum that every single thing which I have experinced in kothar or in any thing else has been discussed in this forum.
At the time of my Misaaq there was so much of partiality that the people having money in their pockets didn't faced any problem but when it was about me I was said to go through a TEST first.Only if the mulla saab permits our misaaq will be taken.I have seen people there when asked to sit in the position of takarraba they were not able to sit.
All what they want was SALAAMS SALAAMS AND MORE SALAAMS

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:56 pm

I was told by an amil that the 'ayyamul beez' rozas are observed in this month as the same were observed by a lady whose 2 sons were wrongly imprisoned during Prophet Dawood (a.s.) time and the Prophet told her that by doing so her sons will be freed and they were set free. Perhaps some other members could shed more light on this event.

Kaka Akela

Unread post by Kaka Akela » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:29 pm

Br. Ghulam Muhammed:
Your explanation requires a little clarification, the incident happened with Umme Dawood in the time of Imam Jaffer us Sadiq (SA). Her son used to go to Imam for qadambosi regularly, then he didn't show up for sometime, Imam asked Umme Dawood as to his where about and she replied the ruler of the time Abu Dawaniq has imprisoned him for something for a long time now. thats when he prescribed to her this : do the roza of 13th, 14th and 15th Rajab, and on 15th read special namaaz and recite the ten suras and then do the doa for the release of your son. Which she did, while she was still in sajda doing doa, there was knock on her door. upon opening her door she found her son standing there. This is what I remember, but then again some one else can correct me if I am wrong.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:08 pm

Imam Jaffer us Sadiq (SA). Her son used to go to Imam for qadambosi regularly,
Kakaji
As
So it was only about 130 years since Hijra and Muslims started to revert to kissing feet?
PLEASE TEACH YOUNG MAN iSLAM IS ABOUT WORSHIPPING aLLAH NOT HUMAN BEING.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:21 pm

Dear irritated
Young man
AS

Please read this

Fasting
http://www.inter-islam.org/Actions/fast.htm

May Allah guide you correctly.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:26 pm

Here is the beauty of the story posted by kaka. Even though this guy was a regular for qadambosi, the Imam wasn't able to help him out. His mother had to fast and pray namaz and read the Quran before she could get him out!! If we understand these things, we would spend more time fasting and praying and reading the Quran and less time standing in line for qadambosi.

humble_servant_us

Unread post by humble_servant_us » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:12 am

Another beauty of the story is that Imam(as) guided the mother to perform the right aamal of fasting, reciting quran and praying. Surely She would have been doing all this before but Imam(as) actually channelised her ibadah in the right way.

If we understand these things, we would spend more time fasting and praying and reading the Quran the way prophet(pbuh) and his ahlul-bait(as) have taught

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:38 am

humble_servant_us wrote:Imam(as) actually channelised her ibadah in the right way.
How do you channelise your prayers now since your Imam is either gayab or hiding?
If we understand these things, we would spend more time fasting and praying and reading the Quran the way prophet(pbuh) and his ahlul-bait(as) have taught.
what makes you think believing Umma does not know how to worshipp Allah? it has been 1600 years since Prophet taught us !!

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:22 am

humble servant,

there is a common saying in gujarati and among bohras about how one touches his nose. It is more effective in person because you need to be able to show it. One can do it directly or one can go around his neck and then try to touch it. You obviously prefer going around the neck!! The prophet (saw) required no qadambosi to show you the truth. Fasting, praying and reading the Quran has been already shown to you. The Imam requires qadambosi to show you that which has been shown to you already. That means you are either blind, or foolish.

humble_servant_us

Unread post by humble_servant_us » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:50 am

Neither the prophet(pbuh) nor the Imams(as) of ahlulbait(as) require qadambosi.

Looking at the current DAI and his system, you are attributing this to the Imam(as), but the shia islam is far, far away from all this.

Indeed it was the prophet(pbuh) who showed us fasting, praying and reading quran, after him the imams(as) reflected his true sunnah.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:22 am

Neither the prophet(pbuh) nor the Imams(as) of ahlulbait(as) require qadambosi.
Read the story from Kaka.

JC

Unread post by JC » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:05 pm

Young and Irritated,

Bohraism is a CULT, not even a community so very well forget religion. The Kothar (Masters of Cult) are out there for Power and Money, thats all. Sooner you understand this, better for you. Else you will become a Slave to Kothari goons and sh**zadas ........

Religion is the great divide, however you are welcome to read and research about all the religions and non-religions. Religions were used for betterment in old days when there was less knowledge and wisdom and to keep societies in tact and under some laws, rules and regulations. Today we not necessarily require religions and even if we do, we most certainly do not require the Thaykaydars of Religions.

JC

Unread post by JC » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:04 pm

Irritated,

You have also to understand the tricks kotharis are playing ........

They claim Prophet said, 'I am leaving Quran and Ahle Bait behind me to guide you' while actually Prophet said he is leaving Quran and his Sunnah behind him to guide us.

Remember Prophet had said all human beings are equal, black, white, rich poor, Arab, non-Arab except those with Taqwa ......... did Prophet mention Ahle Bait here?? He should have, correct? As they are supposedly 'superior'..!! He did not because he had not said he was leaving Ahle Bait behind him. Secondly, if he had said so then it would make all his descendants or (Ali's) Masooms (those who cannot do any wrong or commit sin) which is not correct. Neither Prophet nor Ali wanted to give that assurance that 1,000 or 2,000 or 5,000 down the road their descendants would be on right path (Example: Aga Khan).

Why Kothar has so much emphasis on Ahle Bait? Because it is their Power Base. Consider if Ahle Bait lost their importance and significance, then why would we need Dai and his tola?? They know they cannot prove to be descendants of Ali, so they have to COME UP with 'some one' so that they can become their sole custodians. Hence today they are the so-called champions and custodians of Ahle Bait (famous words they use 'Maula Ali Na Ghar Na Jharoo Day Chay). So if they are the 'sevants' of Ahle Bait WE are their SLAVES (Note: they will never say they are Ghulams of Ahle Bait, they will always says 'Khadim'). And the name of Imam (Ahle Bait) they are Rulers..!!!

irritated

Unread post by irritated » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:13 pm

JC,
Thanks.
Will u please tell me the meaning of taqwas.?

JC

Unread post by JC » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:15 pm

Irritated,

You are welcome.

with Taqwa means those who are on Right Path, good Muslims.

irritated

Unread post by irritated » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:28 pm

I really do think that I am standing on the edge of my life to decide whether even I have to live like a DB Slave which is 100% unIslamic or must guide my way towards something which is Islamic.
I am tired of this CULT.
Everytime I see my dad getting troubled for waajebaat.Somehow he handles it.
But then again the same thing.Problems Problems and More problems.
JC u know what,as I have attented many waiez n all sumtimes at this age I do fear that talking false about aqa moula is wrong.
But then when I experience something wrong I get again confused.
If I dint got a chance for qadambosi my parents give me consolation that "niyat saaf raakh.tane pan moula bulaavse"..
Wat should I do whom should I follow..!

Ya Ali(s) Madad

Unread post by Ya Ali(s) Madad » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:01 pm

irritated wrote:JC,
Thanks.
Will u please tell me the meaning of taqwas.?
taqwa ni maanaa che "fear of Allah"

madressa nathi gayo? gayo hot to aaje aawi halat naa hoti....hajin pun kai nathi bigdu, mola no daman thami rakh and majlis waez maa hajri aapto reh, je naa samaj pade te tara bawa thi yaa maa thi puch, ane emne pun naa samajh pade to devri pur chalo jaa, ilm levu hoi to mehnat karvi padi. :wink:

JC

Unread post by JC » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:20 pm

Oh Jahil Madad ........

Learn to read between the lines, EVERYONE fears Allah, so per Islam (or per your tiny brain and tiny cult) WILL everyone go to so-called Janat ............

When Mohammad said Taqwa he meant GOOD MUSLIMS ........... the people who follow Islam in its right meaning, in letter and spirit .......... Good Muslim FEARS Allah ONLY and NOT the Dai or his Sh**zadas as you all do..!!!

And what Madrassah you are talking about??? The bora cult madrasah where kids are taught grave, idol, dead and mortal worship????? Thank God, I went there but have forgotten what crap I learnt there.

JC

Unread post by JC » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:27 pm

Irritated,

There is NOTHING whatsoever wrong about saying or doing anything against Dai. He is a mortal human being who is capable of doing some good and some bad and in the end will die like millions others. He is not capable of taking you to Janat or sending you to Jahanum. Like any other ordinary human being he can effect and impact your worldly life (like some one can teach you good things or be a gunda and beat you). He is NOT your master and you are not his slave.

Trust me, boharism is a cult and everything in this cult is wrong. They even pray for Dai and do or do not do certain things because Dai says and NOT because Allah or Prophet has said. Their basis is wrong, the foundation is wrong, and hence the whole structure and building is faulty.

Just analyze what they do, compare what they preach and practice and you will see. Put everything to test and you will realize. Maula says to keep beard so keep it, not because Prophet said, if tomorrow Maula says shave they will.

JC

Unread post by JC » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:33 pm

Irritated,

Qadambosi is just to put the idea in your head that you are SLAVE and Maula is MASTER. Why Qadambosi?? He is no master and you are no slave.

Follow the Principles of Islam (or for that matter all Good which all Religions and Good People taught us), follow the footsteps of Great People, you will get consolation. Follow your Heart and Use your Mind. Mere bowing and kissing feet of an old dying human being is not going to do any good to you. Think how a Grave is different from an Idol, think how a dead can help you, think how an equal mortal like Dai can hold your hand and take you to janat after you die, think how can he come to your grave (he even cannot go to his grave himself, at least four people will take him there :)

fearAllah

Unread post by fearAllah » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:20 pm

Ya Ali(s) Madad wrote: taqwa ni maanaa che "fear Allah"
No autographs please!! 8)