Intro

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
kabeer19922001

Intro

Unread post by kabeer19922001 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:58 am

I have been visiting the site for the past several years. While I understand the need for anonymity, could we at least introduce ourselves with respect to our ages, sex and profession. This will put in context our posts.

As a starter, I am a 45 year old male and a Chartered Accountant by profession. I am Pakistani working in Saudi for the past 20 years.

SBM

Re: Intro

Unread post by SBM » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:56 pm

Good idea
I am from Mumbai and Consultant living in USA

professor

Unread post by professor » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:43 pm

I am a professor of humanities in middle east.
I am 40.

professor

Unread post by professor » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:46 pm

I am a male from Bombay.

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:21 pm

I am 47, civil engineer from karachi, right now in toronto, doing business.

JC

Unread post by JC » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:24 pm

Good Idea..!!

I am 27, live in Toronto, Canada. Basically from Karachi, Pakistan and Chartered Accountant by profession. I work for KPMG.

khuzema

Unread post by khuzema » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:51 am

I am in real estate from karachi, now in US

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:53 pm

I am in Mumbai since last 40 years. I was General Manager with Godrej & Boyce Co. for 30 years and now retired. I am 63 years of age but not going to die without seeing the Kothar's down fall.
I was very close to late Mukasir Saheb and his son Quresh bhai saheb.
I had long discussions with Sayedna Taher Saifuddin and Sayedna Burhanuddin and found that Sayedna Taher Saifuddin was intelligent, cunning but Sayedna Burhanuddin a total buffoon.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:11 am

Br. S. Insaf,

I am happy to say that I admire you the most on this board. You have conducted yourself in a way that I wish I could. I have a lot to learn from you.

Fruits

Unread post by Fruits » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:39 am

Originally posted by S. Insaf:
I am 63 years of age but not going to die without seeing the Kothar's down fall.
Then may be reformists have to pray for long life mr insaf. ......
also u claim that the late mukasir was very shrewd, adamnt & so on. if you were VERY CLOSE to him then were you a part of all his activities,network...?bahi agar team mein ho then everyone gets a share toplay their own role...

Fruits

Unread post by Fruits » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:39 am

I am 63 years of age but not going to die without seeing the Kothar's down fall.
Then may be reformists have to pray for long life mr insaf. ......
also u claim that the late mukasir was very shrewd, adamnt & so on. if you were VERY CLOSE to him then were you a part of all his activities,network...?bahi agar team mein ho then everyone gets a share toplay their own role...

Fruits

Unread post by Fruits » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:47 am

I had long discussions with Sayedna Taher Saifuddin and Sayedna Burhanuddin and found that Sayedna Taher Saifuddin was intelligent, cunning but Sayedna Burhanuddin a total buffoon.
Mr insaf on one hand u call current Dai as syedna saheb & on the other hand u use words such as baffooon.what is this , one side u give the man respect at the same time u dont not refrain from using such abusive words.

bohraji

Unread post by bohraji » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:42 am

I very much agree with anajmi.I admire Mr. Insaf's first hand knowledge abou the insides of the Kothar.I would like to know from Mr. Insaf ,if he was still close to the late Mukasir and his son,even after joinibg the reform movement.It intrigues me as to why he left the main fold after having such close proximity to the Kothar.Did the Kothar not try to convince him to join back to the mainstream?
He surely must be a well of information regarding the royal family.
Mr.Insaf,please comment.

tahir

Unread post by tahir » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:59 am

Reverend Fruits,

Thanks for being so observant. Can you point out where did Mr. Insaf claim the following:

the late mukasir was very shrewd, adamnt & so on.

I read his post many times over but couldn't find this. May be there is a cryptic (baatin) language that you understand while the rest of us don't. If a phook nu pani can make the difference kindly let us know.

tahir

Unread post by tahir » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:08 am

I am shocked that you couldn't appreciate the curtsey of someone who gives repect to even baffoons.

pro_pig

Unread post by pro_pig » Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:11 pm

hi, my name is asgarali engg,from mumbai.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:52 pm

As usual KOTHARIS are LIERS and always stay in PURDA

Fruits

Unread post by Fruits » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:14 pm

Originally posted by bohraji:
It intrigues me as to why he left the main fold after having such close proximity to the Kothar.Did the Kothar not try to convince him to join back to the mainstream?
He surely must be a well of information regarding the royal family.
Mr.Insaf,please comment.
may be mr insaf was not getting his share of pie,this might have forced to raise the voice of REBELLION.

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:20 pm

Fruit, pro pig and co. this thread was for just introduction only. why dont you guys post your cv, so we could know your back ground. which will help us understand the rubbish you post.

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:21 pm

hey anajmi ;) your currucullam vitae please.

Fruits

Unread post by Fruits » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:38 pm

im an engr., working as a consultant in the middle east

tahir

Unread post by tahir » Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:01 pm

Fruits,
You still didn't tell where did you get this from:
the late mukasir was very shrewd, adamnt & so on
:roll:
and thanks for admitting that there indeed is a 'pie'.

tahir

Unread post by tahir » Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:27 pm

Actually fruits I just realised that you are the wrong person to be asked such a question. Afterall you are a dawoodi bohra. You would never be able to come up with the source of your words and deeds the way your trickster religious head runs his arse away whenever being asked about the source of his Nass - the legitimacy of his office. All he does is twist and spin. Standing on thin ice as your cult is.

Fruits

Unread post by Fruits » Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:39 pm

Originally posted by tahir:
thanks for admitting that there indeed is a 'pie'.[/QB]
Im not in the main fold of bohras, be it reformists or the ortodox. but i would like to know how that "pie" tastes. can mr insaf throw some light on this!!!

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:53 pm

Friends,
When I was schooling at Saboo Siddique technical school, Byculla Bombay and was at Pydhooni I often used to help people in Bohri Mohalla and used take them to one Dr. Qasim Divanji. Once I recieved an Edd card from him which was full of praises of late Sayedna Taher Saifuddin Saheb. Nothing wrong. But where Dr. Divanji wrote that it is because of Him...." Or Throughout the world He is respected....." etc the capital "H" was written which is used only for 'Allah'. So I went to him to get a clarification. He admitted that Sayedna Taher Saifuddin is not less than God in any matter. He is in fact God on earth in human form. I was shocked as this statement was made by a qualified Bohra doctor. I went to him for 3 days after my school and discussed the matter in the light of Quran, Daimul-Islam and Nohzal-Balaga.
After week late Sayedna Saheb's driver Baqir came to my resident with car at 2 pm and took me to Saifee Mahal, where Sayedna Saheb started telling me about Rasoolullah, Molana Ali, Imams and earlier Dais. This continued for 20 days where in his latter talk he very aptly started taking about Bohras who tried to oppose Dai of their time and met a disastrous end. This is how I can closer to various people in Kothar.
It is because of this association of mine with Sayedna Taher Saifuddin I found that he was a knowledgeable, intelligent but cunning and scheming. He had perhaps found the seeds of rebellion in me but his method to make me submit to his authority was quite different.
After I first time recited a poem from a reformist platform two Bohras in traditional dress with golden turban came to me and took me in their car telling lie that we would take some refreshment at Badshahi Restaurant at Crawford Market. But they straight took me Dari Mahal and made me sit in front of Mazoon Burhanuddin Saheb. He was sitting like a dummy and other Kotharis were asking questions kicking me hard every time in the presence of Mazoon Saheb. Mazoon Saheb did not open his mouth even once. He did not reply any of my questions. His men were insisting that “how dare you ask a question to Mazoon Saheb? You have no faith in Dai.â€

tahir

Unread post by tahir » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:31 pm

Originally posted by Fruits:
Im not in the main fold of bohras, be it reformists or the ortodox. but i would like to know how that "pie" tastes. can mr insaf throw some light on this!!!
See fruits didn't I tell you that you would never be able to come up with where did you get this from:

the late "mukasir" was very shrewd, adamnt & so on.

Isn't it the same source from where you derive your Insaf-pie link? Kothari dyslexia...

And please don't pretend to be a middle hanger/fence sitter/ ball sqeezed between two legs. Kotharis are bad at camouflaging their 'noor'. We'd appreciate if you come across as what you are. You'll atleast sound less funny then.

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:22 pm

Brother Fruit you have asked:
Mr insaf on one hand u call current Dai as syedna saheb & on the other hand u use words such as baffooon. what is this , one side u give the man respect at the same time u dont not refrain from using such abusive words.

Janab Mohammad Burhanuddin is right now occupying the high office of Dai and hence using the word 'Sayedna Saheb' is respect to that high office. Beside this I always address even my "enemy" with due respect.
Sayedna Taher Saifuddin was one who built a vast financial empire with his shrewd policies for his family and hence he could ruled with strong hands. Janab Mohammad Burhanuddin compromised with his father after his mother's unfortunate death where as the members of his mother's family departed from Sayedna Taher Saifuddin. So he has always remained a "puppet" in the hands of other members of Taher Saifuddin Saheb's family. So the word wich I haved for him is my opion about that perticular person and not for a Dai.

bohraji

Unread post by bohraji » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:40 am

Mr. Insaf,now and again we hear rumours of a certain maternal uncle of sayedna ,having switched sides,Is that the person you are talking about? or are there more from the dai's family that have left them.
Since you had mentioned abour Quresh BS ,we have been told that even he was ex communicated and that too by his own father.However even his own father had jewish wife who never converted and who is no more now.
Can you throw some light on the above?

shabir

Unread post by shabir » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:44 am

let the introduction continue and with real names and not proffesions.yes we are impressed by the proffesions but still if real names are given than that enviroment of hypocracy will leave.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:43 pm

shabir,

Great idea. My name is Salim Dahodwala. What is yours?