Old Medicine in the New Bottle

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
New

Old Medicine in the New Bottle

Unread post by New » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:11 pm

I am a pessimist, but I do not see how anything is going to happen:

Do not expect drastic changes on either side. These bhaisaabs do not know anything but being bhaisaabs. There grand fathers, fathers, brothers, uncles, cousins all around have the same culture. Just live off and loot off the Abdes. Most of the Abdes do not know but being Abdes. Status quo is just fine.

The so called royal family, in spite of against equality rules in Islam and in democratic coutries, expects us to bend down to them. The feudal system has not gone yet. They have protected their wealth and family secrets by intermarrying. The genetic science clearly show that this not good. This might lead the tribe to be extinct in thousands of years (not in our life time, though).

There is no doubt that the SKQ camp is more liberal. However, the website (FatemiDawat.com) is all bayans and pictures so called proofs and Q&A which has no significance in this century. Lot of people do not care about the rightful Nuss now and going all the way back. SKQ has to build a community. How is he going to do that? My questions remain unanswered sent via the website. I also asked about making his wealth and zakat public. As expected no answer. The website must have an open blog and answers coming rapidly. We know that SQA is liberal about education for women. Where does he stand on the issues atrocities like female genital mutilation and Iddat?

We need updates like what happened with Misaaks in Mumbai and in the US. Let us start with a very small isolated issue. Taher Bhai(saheb) Kutbuddin lives in Bakersfield. What is his profession? How much zakat he gives? He has a house in Pokono Mountains (correct?). Would he make all his assets public? What was the source of the funds to buy the properties?

New

Re: Old Medicine in the New Bottle

Unread post by New » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:09 am

A bhaisaab is a bhaisaab is always a bhaisaab, it is in the genes and in their blood.

Why are they always clad in whites?

Nietzsche

Unread post by Nietzsche » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:45 am

KQ is not a liberal. His policies are just more liberal than MS's ultra-conservative policy. It's a Moderate Conservative and a Tea Party. He's keeping the same general beliefs, and he won't agree to any of the propositions by the Ismaili Scholars in the Manifesto published on this website. I'd put MS at very conservative and KQ at conservative. He isn't going to change much; there'll still be salaam covers, ziyafats, wajebaat, etc. His financial "Philosophy" section is quite vague as stated on his website. It's all about money and power; this feud has nothing to do with religion. These people don't even believe in what they preach anyway, they're all as godless as I am. I'd wager that most of them don't fear (or believe , more likely) in God, because if they did, they wouldn't be compelled to create a billion dollar mafia. From the little I know of Islam (and from what I've seen on this forum), they're not Muslims.

like_minded

Unread post by like_minded » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:53 am

I completely agree with you all