Originally posted by Humsafar:
About Shaikh Ahemd Ali, Mubarak is simply beating a dead horse. Shaikh sahab for all his knowledge and scholarship, and perhaps because of it, was a conservative man, quite out of step with the times. The “shariyate mohamadi” he is talking about his nothing more than a crude blend of jamia orthodoxy, misogyny and social conservatism.
Salam alekum va Rehmatullah va Barkatahu
“Rabbe zidni ilman war zukni fihman, wa salle ala Mohammedin wa aale Mohammad”
O’ Allah give me more and more knowledge/wisdom and give me more intellegience to accept and practice that knowledge/wisdom.
Dear respected brother Mr. Humsafar,
I looked for the meaning of word “conservative” in Microsoft Word, it means – “middle of the road”, translate this in Lisan-a-Dawat it will be = “Bohra”.
People have wrong perception that “Bohra” was the name given to our community because most of its members were in some sort of businesses. Bohras means those who follow the Middle Path.
1. We neither do ‘Klu’ nor ‘Glu’.
Klu: Those who decreased Mola Ali (a.s.) in hierarchy - like Sunni.
Glu: Those who rose Mola Ali (a.s.) beyond his hierarchy - like Nuseri – who consider Ali = Allah (Mazallah).
2. We neither do grave worship like Sunni and Ithnashari Shia nor do we abandon it completely like Wahabies (mostly in Saudi Arabia).
Thus, I whole heartedly agree with you when you say that Al Alimul Jayyed Darza Awwal, Sabik Ustad, Al Mukkaddas, Al Fazil, Aali Janab Shaikh Ahmed Ali Raj was ‘conservative’ because: Conservative = follower of middle of the road = Bohra = The Only Right Sect of Islam.
I also agree when you say that Shaikh Sahib knowledge and scholarship made him conservative – Prophet Mohammed (a.s.) and the progeny of Molatina Fatima (a.s.) and whomsoever they have appointed are all rightly knowledgeable and scholar. Anyone out of the line and enemies of Progeny of Molatina Fatima (a.s.) are all ignorant and/or bear wrong knowledge though they may be Caliphs/dictators (As 2nd Calips Omar always used to say – “agar Ali na hote to Omar halak ho chukka hota”.
“…quite out of step with the time”
Shariyat-a-Mohammadi means rules and regulations as ordered by Prophet Mohammed (a.s.) and progeny of Molatina Fatima (a.s.) and their appointees. When you stereotype a strict follower of ‘Shariyat-a-Mohammadi’ as an out of steps of time then dear brother Mr. Humsafar you knowingly or unknowingly imply following:
Rules and regulations ordered for every walk of life by Prophet Mohammed (a.s.) and Molatina Fatima (a.s.) progeny were workable only in their times and now after 1400 years they have become outdated (as judged by you) and amendments must be made in ‘Shariyat-a-Mohammadi’ to keep abreast with modern time. This hypothesis is also proactively professed by Dr. Mr. Asghar Ali Engineer and his pupils. If you advocate this hypothesis then you are knowingly or unknowingly claiming:
1. Dawoodi Bohra Ismailiya Mustali Shia’s faith is: Prophet Mohammed (a.s.), his successor Mola Ali (a.s.) and the progeny of Fatima (a.s.) - Imam Tayyeb (a.s.) and till the 100th Imam and their Huzzat and Babul Abwab are all ‘Masoom’ i.e. they cannot make any errors/mistakes. If they cannot make any mistakes then they cannot order any rules and regulations (i.e. Shariyat) which will become outdated. The rules were applicable from the beginning of the era of Prophet Mohammed (a.s.) till the Imam Quaim (the 100th Imam). And if you and Dr. Mr. Asghar Ali Engineer claims that Shariyat-a-Mohammadi now has become outdated then you are claiming that Prophet Mohammed (a.s.) and the progeny of Molatine Fatima (a.s.) were not ‘masoom’ as they have given erroneous Shariyat that become outdated!
2. Prophet Mohammed (a.s.) and progeny of Fatima (a.s.) were not enough intelligent and ordered such rules and regulations (Shariyat) that will not last with time and will require amendment by man like Dr. Mr. Asghar Ali Engineer and respected brother Mr. Humsafar!
3. You are more intelligent then Prophet Mohammed (a.s.) as you are deciding that now former orders have become outdated!
Dear brother Mr. Humsafar, think deeply on your claim that the Shariyat-a-Mohammadi and their followers are out of steps with time – isn’t this implies serious religious wrongs on the above three grounds?
The school of Jamiya-tus-Saifiya was established by the 42nd Dawat-a-haq Molana, Sayyedna, Aaka, Abd-a-Ali Saifuddin (r.a.) and we as a Dawoodi Bohra Ismailiya Shia are greatly indebted to our 42nd Dawat-a-haq to establish such school which will educate mumeens. When Mola Ali (a.s.) became Caliph i.e. he became zahiri ruler of more than half of world, he ordered all his Aamils that make sure that none of the infant in your district should remain illiterate otherwise you will be considered as responsible. Thus Mola Ali (a.s.) was the first person on Earth to make the primary education compulsory. And what our Mola Sayyedna Abd-a-Ali Saifuddin did was to follow the footsteps of Mola Ali (a.s.). And what are taught in the Jamia are the true rules and regulations (i.e. Shariyat) as ordered by Prophet Mohammed (a.s.) and the progeny of Fatima (a.s.). However, now days especially after Y.N. become the rector, the Jamia is leaving the right orthodox values and shifting to self made rules of Sayyedna Burhannuddin sahib which is wrong and for which we want ‘sudhar’ essence of ‘Sudhar Wadi Andolan’, In Jamia Shariyat-a-Mohammadi must be taught in the orthodox way the way it is supposed to be taught and NOT as per the SELFISH whims and fancies of Molana Sayyedna Burhannuddin sahib!