One step that will change your life and bring more understanding about Islam

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
TalibBhai
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:16 am

One step that will change your life and bring more understanding about Islam

#1

Unread post by TalibBhai » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:43 am

Bismillah Al Rahman Al Rahim

Note: Admin do not merge this topic with anything else because what I am going to type is very important and deserves a separate discussion.


Dear Readers,

I dont care if you are sunni wahabi shia or Bohra and if you are Bohra you believe in present dai or not, but I understand that you are still in Islamic fold and you read kalematus shadat and believe in Allah and his messenger.

so since you are Muslim and I am sure you want to know your deen more so that you can follow it with more dedication.

So in that case my humble request is to read AL QURAN from cover to cover with translation once in your life.


once you do this you will know deen Islam about 80 percent without any more efforts and the remaining 20 percent is the life of Muhammed and panjatan to be followed to complete your way of action in real life.

this is my request in this Ramadan to read Quran with translation most preferably in your mother tongue and by next year Inshallah you will be knowing your deen much more than this year.

W.salaam

Dua maa yaad

AbdeYamani
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:08 am

Re: One step that will change your life and bring more understanding about Islam

#2

Unread post by AbdeYamani » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:09 pm

TalibBhai wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:43 am Bismillah Al Rahman Al Rahim

Note: Admin do not merge this topic with anything else because what I am going to type is very important and deserves a separate discussion.


Dear Readers,

I dont care if you are sunni wahabi shia or Bohra and if you are Bohra you believe in present dai or not, but I understand that you are still in Islamic fold and you read kalematus shadat and believe in Allah and his messenger.

so since you are Muslim and I am sure you want to know your deen more so that you can follow it with more dedication.

So in that case my humble request is to read AL QURAN from cover to cover with translation once in your life.


once you do this you will know deen Islam about 80 percent without any more efforts and the remaining 20 percent is the life of Muhammed and panjatan to be followed to complete your way of action in real life.

this is my request in this Ramadan to read Quran with translation most preferably in your mother tongue and by next year Inshallah you will be knowing your deen much more than this year.

W.salaam

Dua maa yaad
Salaamun Jameel,

Jazakallah khair for your advice, your sincerity of thought and honesty cannot be missed.

I just have few things to add.

1. Try to read comparative translations. unfortunately, translations have not escaped influence of sect and creed.

I mostly refer to Saheeh International(Quran.com) & M.H Shakir(Al-quran.info)

2. Refer to Tafseer al Mizan of Allama Tabtabai, his tafseer is considered by both Shia and Sunni as the best tafseer in last 1400 years and he has done tafseer of Quran from verses of Quran itself.


Talib bhai, I don't think you can separate life of Ahl al Bayt(as) from deen, Rasulullah & Ahl al bayt are preservers and living manifestation of guidance in Quran. I know you did not mean it in a negative way, but It is nevertheless an important point to highlighted.

Also along with Quran read and contemplate Nahjul balagha, it is nothing but explaination of Quran in Kalaam of Moula Ali(as)

TalibBhai
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:16 am

Re: One step that will change your life and bring more understanding about Islam

#3

Unread post by TalibBhai » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:38 pm

I think it is useless to fight with thugs anymore because they have accumulated lots of power now and fools will continue following them. no matter how much truth your try and explain them.

so for momeen it is best to now work on their own nafs and start preparing for akhirah.

thank you @ abde yamani

RedBox
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:41 am

Re: One step that will change your life and bring more understanding about Islam

#4

Unread post by RedBox » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:03 am

I have read complete quran twice so far.

From this ramadan I have started little sabaq format for my kids to participate where we read Quran with translation.

They are very happy and interested with this format.
.

TalibBhai
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:16 am

Re: One step that will change your life and bring more understanding about Islam

#5

Unread post by TalibBhai » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:38 am

I dont think one life is enough to undersand whole Quran, but we can try and understand its meaning as much as possible.

https://almizan.org/

above link is tafsir by Allama Tatatabai.

Al-Mizan fi Tafsir al-Quran (22 Vols) – الميزان في تفسير القرآن