Sticky: Dawoodi Bohra's Succession of Dai Case in Mumbai High Court

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
RedBox

Re: Sticky: Dawoodi Bohra's Succession of Dai Case in Mumbai High Court

Unread post by RedBox » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:00 am

Most probably Taher and Muffy both will die before the court orders.

dal-chaval-palidu

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:22 pm

bohraspy wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:17 am [Dawoodi Bohra suit] Reproductions of ongoing trials are not permitted and journalists are expected to know this: Bombay High Court
https://www.barandbench.com/news/litiga ... -plaintiff

I think the Indian court is corrupt. do you think syedna taher fakhrudin will give an apology? i think stf should do a counter case saying that its corrupt freedome of speech
I don't know what has happened here. Would like to know; Inshallah we will find out.

In my humble opinion, STF should respect the court rules (even though they may not be fair, they are what they are), tender an appropriate apology, get on with his case, not try to fight the Indian legal system - which he would almost certainly lose.

Also, I found the following statement from the judge, obvious to most non-abde bohras, interesting:

------------------------ from the article --------------------------------

He also stated that since it was the plaintiff who had approached the Court, the plaintiff was "rigidly subject to the Court's discipline, procedure and rules".

"It makes not the slightest difference who the Plaintiff is or he imagines himself to be," Justice Patel added.

------------------------ end of quote

it is interesting that the judge has to mention, "imagines himself to be" :D :)

His comment was directed to STF, but I hope that the judge thinks equally of SMS and all those who come before him for justice.

yfm

Unread post by yfm » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:02 pm

SMS has gone to Kenya for Ashura but real intent is to raise money for the court case. Now he has more ammunition to get more money out from the abdes. :twisted:

RedBox

Unread post by RedBox » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:14 pm

I dont think SMS needs any more money.

They are making alot from real state projects world wide now.

Income from mazaar rooms and setups will soon surpass all their previous income resources. Only in Ahmedabad they are making 5000 room for people visiting roza. Such projects are going on in almost all mazaarat.

yfm

Re: Sticky: Dawoodi Bohra's Succession of Dai Clase in Mumbai High Court

Unread post by yfm » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:49 pm

Then why are we pressed us to give them zakat and wajebat and salaam and ziafat money?

No body doubts that these SMS and his group are making lots of money. But they end up using it for activities like court cases and other Allah provided plagues to them. And of course the corrupt kothars in their group who keep most of it. We are only expecting that they don't loot us of what we make. But RedBox saheb, is that going to happen.

dal-chaval-palidu

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:00 pm

bohraspy wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:17 am [Dawoodi Bohra suit] Reproductions of ongoing trials are not permitted and journalists are expected to know this: Bombay High Court
https://www.barandbench.com/news/litiga ... -plaintiff

I think the Indian court is corrupt. do you think syedna taher fakhrudin will give an apology? i think stf should do a counter case saying that its corrupt freedome of speech
Does anyone have an update on this topic? Thanks in advance.

juzer esmail

Unread post by juzer esmail » Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:10 am

RedBox wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:14 pm I dont think SMS needs any more money.

They are making alot from real state projects world wide now.

Income from mazaar rooms and setups will soon surpass all their previous income resources. Only in Ahmedabad they are making 5000 room for people visiting roza. Such projects are going on in almost all mazaarat.
Is that 5000 rooms? Unbelievable!

RedBox

Unread post by RedBox » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:05 pm

Religious tourism will be next big thing in bohra world.

Room rents are already sky high and will continue to rise because people are happy to pay.