Another Task for reform

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
SBM

Another Task for reform

Unread post by SBM » Sat May 14, 2016 2:37 pm

I applaud Br Oz and others for highlighting and getting results for FGM as well STF for coming out with very clear and concise FATWA for FGM.
Now I want to know what is the position of STF on the two following matters
IDDAT:
Just like FGM was a torture for young girls who were not allowed to decide for their bodies. similarly BOHRA iddat is something which in its current forum is torture for a WIDOW bohra woman who just lost her husband and by KOTHRI decree is confined to a darken room with total isolation.
Would STF consider reforming the current practice of ISOLATION of BOHRA Widow and bring it to more Islamic practice.
MAATAM
Would STF also consider bringing back the sanctity of Maatam, During the SBM and now SMS Maatam has become another joke where one does Maatam during Eid- Marriage and even to ask for long life of useless Dai like SMS.
I donot remember if STS had ever asked his followers to do purjosh Maatam at the drop of hat this practice was started by SMB and now taken to higher idiotic level.
Would STF consider stop practice of doing Maatam after every Fard Namaz and limit Maatam in its pure form during the solemn month of Muharram and for the Shudas of Karbala
Just want to hear from the supporters of STF as I know that he gets brief about posting on this forum and some of the members of this forum have been in touch with him thru intermediaries

ghulam muhammed

Re: Another Task for reform

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sat May 14, 2016 5:04 pm

Bro SBM,

All these practices are the brainchild of SMB hence, I doubt whether STF will eliminate them at one go because he knows that SMB is the biggest marketing tool to woo abdes which Muffy has used to its full potential (He even moves in Palkhi although he is not fragile and sick like SMB). He does this to constantly remind abdes of how dutifully he follows his father thereby erasing his past sins of parading the sick and ailing SMB like a mannequin at every given occasion. Its another matter that abdes digest every crap that's served to them without questioning his motives. Hence, anything thats contrary to SMB's school of thought could boomerang on STF for which he will have to tread the path very cautiously.

Ozdundee

Unread post by Ozdundee » Sun May 15, 2016 6:49 am

SBM you have done more too by champion ing the Hunting issue and fighting for FGM eradication in USA.

In order of issues that STF needs to address are
FGM, child abuse physical. The battle is not over.

Misaq, leading to extremism and psychological child abuse

Iddat, abuse of women

Money matters, crime and laundering

Removal of extended family of STS from dawaat control. Corruption and accountability

Removal of titles. not nominating position corruption and favoritism.

Equal rights for all , no class system

New

Unread post by New » Sun May 15, 2016 8:54 am

How about starting a Change.org petition to STF stressing only 3 points at this time.

1. FGM 2. Iddat and 3. Accountablity. Oz Bhai's all the points are all well taken. However, these things will take time. I wonder if STF's mother is in Iddat? This would be very good way to illustrate that STF is behind this and other reforms.