Population Crisis of Dawoodi Bohra Population
1) Our population is degrading by Approx 25 to 30 Thousand per annum.
2) Approx birth rate of child per year is Approximate 18 to 20 Thousand.
3) But death rate of senior citizen per year is Approximate 45 to 50 Thousand.
4) We are approximately around 7.2 lakhs all over the world.
5) We were highest by 10 lakhs around in the year 2000.
6) Anybody can do survey ib generally in their families and in their society.
7) During 1960 - 1970. There were 3 - 4 - 5 or more than that childrens per dawoodi bohra family.
But now in last 20 years. There are only 2 or less then two children per family.
9) Rarely there are 3 or more than 3 children per family.
10) People of 1930 - 1940 - 1950 - 1960 are already old and senior citizen and or many have died.
11) In our community major proportion of people are already 45+ in age or majority of people are senior citizen.
12) And because of this shortage of population. Young Male - Gent are not getting bride ( Girls) for marriage.
13) On an average against 100 young boy there are 70 to 75 girls.
14) And with this ratio in next 10 years. Male to female ratio will further go down to 100: 60 and in next 20 years it will go down to 100 male : 50 female.
15) Already mid range Mumein boys like financially medium, look wise medium, normal economic background or not from Mumbai, Surat, Indore, Dubai are not finding ( getting) girls for marriage in our own community.
16) Because of this population crisis numbersof unmarried matured male is very high in every territory.
17) Already Mumein Boys and families are searching bride out of our community from Muslims Album of Uttar Pradesh and other region.
18) This has pose great threat in our own community.
19) Main reason of children are not born in our community is that costing of born and brought up of 1 Bohri ( Mumein) is equal to 4 to 5 other Muslim children.
Living Standard Costing
House Rate Costing
Social Culture Costing
And most importantly
House Rate Black Market rates in Dawoodi Bohra Areas, Mohallas and Building and society.
20) Due to Black Market House rates Bohras can't purchase big house and that is directly and indirectly affect our family planning.
21) If we degrow with this rate for next 10 years then we will be left with Apx Population of 5.5 to 6.0 lakhs and then in another 10 years we will be left with 4.5 to 5.0 lakhs Mumein on higher side. This is literally an alarming situation. That to on higher and positive side
22) In our community around 50%or more people are senior citizen and every one have to go to the almighty (Allah) one day.
And for any community where its 50% above population is above 50 years means we are in great threat.
23) This situation has pose really very very serious threat to our upcoming generations boys. And it will become very challenging and difficult to find bride for them in our own community.
Already male to female rate is around 100: 70-75 and if we degrow then it may go down till 100:50-55.
24) Already in our community we have started old age homes and this is live example that due to children being not given birth. Alone and single people lives in Old Age Home during their Last phase of their life. Really disturbing situation.
25) Our day to day Expense and social status is so costly that Bohras don't go to Government Hospital, Government School or any other subsidised Expense
And all that directly and directly affects our family planning.
26) If we don't over come with this situation in very near future then be prepared and ready to bring brides from other Muslim Community Albums that too UP and Bihari girl with rate of Nikah ranging from 50K to 2.5 Lakhs
Hope this option remains open or Allah knows what will happen.
27) To overcome this situation we should have centralized policy for
Low cost House Poli
And other expenses for our childrens. So that we can have proper family planning and proper growth to maintain balance in our community.