How can we stop Kothar’s juggernaut?

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Sheikh_Sajjad_Husain

How can we stop Kothar’s juggernaut?

Unread post by Sheikh_Sajjad_Husain » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:11 am

Mkenya wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:53 pm I had the pleasure yesterday of participating in a Zoom discussion hosted by Shaukat Ajmeri. It was quite enlightening and insightful. I was impressed by the input from different people and realised that they in fact represent the crux of the disenchanted. I commend them in their quest to bring this topic to the attention of many.
I know 'barat'; as I have lived through that curse. Our whole family was ostracised and vilified in Jamaat discourses which propagated us being expelled from Bohra-owned clubs, 'izzans' stopped, etc.
Hi mkenya,

loved your article https://www.dawoodi-bohras.com/news/170 ... e_comment/

I wonder why did you not mention the Baraat incident in it?

or did that happen after you wrote the article?

Mkenya

Re: How can we stop Kothar’s juggernaut?

Unread post by Mkenya » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:52 pm

Salaam Sheikh_Sajjad_Husain: Baraat happened during my time in Kenya. And the simple reason I did not mention it was the wounds never healed. Outspoken that I was my reputation preceded me to Canada. My son's nikah was performed by a lowly mullah in the 'sehen' of the communal kitchen simply because my safai chitty had a footnote saying: "Bhai deen is bahot our che'. My sister's wedding was held up for hours while a confessional letter was drafted and signed under duress by me. My daughter's wedding was relegated to an alcohol-ridden party room in a large residential tower because I refused to sign a pledge to rid myself of all interest-bearing activities. I called it quits when an exhorbitant sum of $16,000 was demanded was past wajebaat, etc. I am still in Kothar's periscope. To summarise I paraphrase an urdu couplet: "Mein araam se so raha tha, na jane kisne pata bata diya".

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:56 pm

Correct: Should read 'Bhai deen SI bahot DUR che'.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:44 pm

Mkenya wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:56 pm Correct: Should read 'Bhai deen SI bahot DUR che'.
You were lucky I was told " Bhai Deen Maaj NATHEE" :D

dal-chaval-palidu

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:44 am

Mkenya wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:52 pm Salaam Sheikh_Sajjad_Husain: Baraat happened during my time in Kenya. And the simple reason I did not mention it was the wounds never healed. Outspoken that I was my reputation preceded me to Canada. My son's nikah was performed by a lowly mullah in the 'sehen' of the communal kitchen simply because my safai chitty had a footnote saying: "Bhai deen is bahot our che'. My sister's wedding was held up for hours while a confessional letter was drafted and signed under duress by me. My daughter's wedding was relegated to an alcohol-ridden party room in a large residential tower because I refused to sign a pledge to rid myself of all interest-bearing activities. I called it quits when an exhorbitant sum of $16,000 was demanded was past wajebaat, etc. I am still in Kothar's periscope. To summarise I paraphrase an urdu couplet: "Mein araam se so raha tha, na jane kisne pata bata diya".
That has to be very painful. Really sorry to hear about it. May Allah grant you and your family sukuoon (peace). And Allah will decide about what others did to you.

Stay safe.

Sheikh_Sajjad_Husain

Unread post by Sheikh_Sajjad_Husain » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:05 am

Mkenya wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:52 pm Salaam Sheikh_Sajjad_Husain: Baraat happened during my time in Kenya. And the simple reason I did not mention it was the wounds never healed. Outspoken that I was my reputation preceded me to Canada. My son's nikah was performed by a lowly mullah in the 'sehen' of the communal kitchen simply because my safai chitty had a footnote saying: "Bhai deen is bahot our che'. My sister's wedding was held up for hours while a confessional letter was drafted and signed under duress by me. My daughter's wedding was relegated to an alcohol-ridden party room in a large residential tower because I refused to sign a pledge to rid myself of all interest-bearing activities. I called it quits when an exhorbitant sum of $16,000 was demanded was past wajebaat, etc. I am still in Kothar's periscope. To summarise I paraphrase an urdu couplet: "Mein araam se so raha tha, na jane kisne pata bata diya".
Wa'alaykum Afzalus Salaam,

Sorry for bringing this up, May Allah Ta Aala heal all your wounds very soon. Ameen.

But, I am surprised, how come this people are able to do all this in a country like Canada, could you not have approached law enforcement agencies?

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:41 pm

Kothar's reach is long. In the instances that I related, it was me that required their services. They had my ba*ls in their grip and were probably gloating. Enough said!

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:48 pm

Review of Ajmeri's book which appeared in the magazine AWAAZ. Its editor is Dr. Zarina Patel, grand-daughter of T.M. Jeevanjee. She single-handedly fought and succeeded against Nairobi City Council from selling off a prominent piece of land owned by her grandfather. The land in question was bequeathed to the Council to be preserved as a garden. Corrupt as the Kenya government is it rezoned it to sell it to build a mega mall and condos.

https://www.awaazmagazine.com/volume-17 ... -the-faith

Ozdundee

Unread post by Ozdundee » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:51 pm

MKenya. Jambo. Pole . I am so sorry to hear your pain and experience from the horrible oppression from your local jamaat. May this help you someway.

You and I will probably never meet. I hope my comment makes you feel someone cares, and for all those affected with similar experiences.

When I championed the successful war on FGM, and I realised the community is docile and passive, scared, lack of confidence, where they talk more than walk, and thats why kothar flies under the radar undetected , you should take pleasure such incidences of any abuse or excommunication were some inputs what helped build motivation to use overwhelming force.

Your pain though, not similar to the destruction a girl child goes through emotionally and physically when mutilated which by the way is irreversible, any oppression is unacceptable. The case was a standard of what is possible if we go with commitment.

If this makes you feel good claim some solace from what I say next. The $16000 they asked you was paid as $millions the kothar wasted in legal fees.

The verbal insult they expressed to you, is the shame they faced by having their abhorrent cases headlined in almost all major global media headlines.

The kitchen floor you were forced to do a wedding done on, is the cell their henchmen faced locked up waiting trial.

Pray SMS or kothar never do anything reckless and give me a reason to resurrect and make the next issue a personal problem.

Kaka Akela

Unread post by Kaka Akela » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:57 pm

Brother Mkenya: my question to you is if you were considered bohot duur from deen then what was your intent in nikah by Aamil only????
You could have nikah done by sunni/shia qazi.
Shaadi and death are the 2 times the Mullas have upper hand to harrass adna momineen.
If your heart was not in dawoodi bohra deen why put yourself thru all these agonizing humiliations???

TalibBhai

Unread post by TalibBhai » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:39 am

Bhai, why did they felt that you are deen si dur

are you alcoholic
dont you pray
dont you keep beard or follow other sunnat

what was their trigger point

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:29 am

Not giving BIG FAT envelope and Waajebaats, not bending backward to kiss their behind. Deen has NOTHING to do with Bohra Cult. The reason I left Jamaat had nothing to do with DEEN, I was even told that I and my family was the best Jamaat can have in knowledge and Ibaddah but Aamil wanted me to disassociate myself with other Social Activities on behalf of Muslim Communities and other Inter Faith program and for me that was the Trigger Point as I did not want them to control my life and activities

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:50 pm

Ozdundee Bhai: Ahsante sana, (thank you) for your words of support and compassion. I am well aware of your vendetta against perpetrators
of FGM and eventual vindication.
I have moved on and the suffering has receded from my memory. As for your "You and I will probably never meet", I take comfort in the following Swahili phrase: "Ya mungu ni mengi" which literally means "The vastness of Allah is fathomless".

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:05 pm

Kaka Akela: Having travelled across three continents for nikah armed with a green 'chitti' with a footnote saying 'deen si bahot dur che' one is confident. Before the event I was prewarned by local families and friends that the 'Shehzada' was ruthless and he lived up to his reputation.

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:33 pm

Talib Bhai:
Lyricist Anand Bakhshi's verse should answer your questions:
Yaar hamari baat suno,
Aisa eik insaan chuno
Jisne paap na kiya ho
Jo papi na ho

TalibBhai

Unread post by TalibBhai » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:16 pm

SBM wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:29 am
Not giving BIG FAT envelope and Waajebaats, not bending backward to kiss their behind. Deen has NOTHING to do with Bohra Cult. The reason I left Jamaat had nothing to do with DEEN, I was even told that I and my family was the best Jamaat can have in knowledge and Ibaddah but Aamil wanted me to disassociate myself with other Social Activities on behalf of Muslim Communities and other Inter Faith program and for me that was the Trigger Point as I did not want them to control my life and activities
I don't know-how is that problem for your amil to keep Muslim friends, because I have openly told my amil that I prefer muslim friends over current bohras and my amil was okay with it, yes it looks like he is not happy with my statement but still, this is no reason for him to take any action against anyone.. also it is common to keep friends from all faiths. as long as it does not interfere with your Iman.

Kaka Akela

Unread post by Kaka Akela » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:53 pm

TalibBhai: why do you have to announce to your Aamil about your muslim friends aagal rahi ne???
None of his business.
It is like poking your finger into the snake's pit, of course he is gonna bite.

TalibBhai

Unread post by TalibBhai » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:16 am

Kaka Akela wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:53 pm TalibBhai: why do you have to announce to your Aamil about your muslim friends aagal rahi ne???
None of his business.
It is like poking your finger into the snake's pit, of course he is gonna bite.
Because he knows I am always with Muslims compared to bohras. :wink:

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:16 am

Talib Bhai
It was not about MUSLIM friends, it was about my social activities with Inter Faith Groups, I am an activist in my local community which requires me to meet with members of other Faiths, law enforcement, political as well as Media to talk about Islam and Muslims in America.
I have many Op Ed published in local newspapers (some shared nationally) as well appearances on TV and he was not very keen on that, Instead he wanted me to cut off all those activities and just concentrate on Dawat and Jamaat (read come to every Majlis and Sabaq)

TalibBhai

Unread post by TalibBhai » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:06 pm

SBM wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:16 am Talib Bhai
It was not about MUSLIM friends, it was about my social activities with Inter Faith Groups, I am an activist in my local community which requires me to meet with members of other Faiths, law enforcement, political as well as Media to talk about Islam and Muslims in America.
I have many Op Ed published in local newspapers (some shared nationally) as well appearances on TV and he was not very keen on that, Instead he wanted me to cut off all those activities and just concentrate on Dawat and Jamaat (read come to every Majlis and Sabaq)
may be it was long back that's why it got backfired, but now a days such person with good relation with other communities and media are highly sought by kothar for PR and other stuff.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:42 pm

Talib Bhai
Wow- it that inside information you have, and since you are just new to board, could you enlighten us about you, Just want to make sure we donnot have MUTATED Virus again on this forum specially in the light of your appearance and disappearance of Shabab

Qadir

Unread post by Qadir » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:12 am

SBM wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:42 pm Talib Bhai
Wow- it that inside information you have, and since you are just new to board, could you enlighten us about you, Just want to make sure we donnot have MUTATED Virus again on this forum specially in the light of your appearance and disappearance of Shabab
I agree with your concerns that the virus has mutated. However, I do second his statement that people who have ties with politicians or other faith or interfaith organizations are highly sought in jamaats. You would be surprised to see how the jamaat admin has changed over the last 7-10 years. Maybe more recently in some jamaats.

TalibBhai

Unread post by TalibBhai » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:48 am

I dont understand your question, but as far as my reply is a concern you can cross-check it with your local amil these days they need people with media influence.

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:11 am

BINGO.... BULLSEYE

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:38 am

Yes, Mummy's Boy aka Resident Virus aka Al-Bore is back under a new ID. Sad, isn't it? This is the record on how quickly he was caught this time, after being exposed as "Shabab" previously and throughly trounced and shamed. As I said, when one is possessed by female Jinni there is no option but an exorcism. Jinni will always make herself obvious. Maybe Qadir can help him. But hopefully the ghula jinni won't jump into Qadir during the exorcism!

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:04 pm

Talibbhai. Why does Kothar need people with influence and connections.

How do they use these contacts , what happens give examples

Such that they are he happy to ignore minor disciplinary things ?