Major Difference between SMS Clan and STF Clan

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
virtual

Major Difference between SMS Clan and STF Clan

Unread post by virtual » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:50 am

Can anyone explained the major difference between both SMS an STF ? Is Fatemi Dawat doing something better then SMS our is as same as typical clergy.

Shabab

Re: Major Difference between SMS Clan and STF Clan

Unread post by Shabab » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:09 pm

Both loves luxury. Both loves secrecy. Both wants power. Both wants money. Both supported each other for years to milk community. Both have average knowledge compare to any authentic shia or sunni scholars. Both have family first attitude. Both have no contact or idea about Imam presence.

Both are thugs and no quality of awliyah Allah.

Humsafar

Unread post by Humsafar » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:41 am

^Agreed! To put it in brief, as I've mentioned elsewhere, they are both cut from the same soiled rag.

babdeen

Unread post by babdeen » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:35 pm

Both are after the position of Dai.
Both want control of Kothar money.
Both claim only they can interpret Quran for all Bohras.

Taher is educated, Muffadal is not.
Taher has worked for a living and also started and run a business. Muffy has no such experience.
Taher is a decent guy with wife and two kids. Muffy is well known to womanize.

Ambassador_Mumbai

Unread post by Ambassador_Mumbai » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:29 am

babdeen wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:35 pm Both are after the position of Dai.
Both want control of Kothar money.
Both claim only they can interpret Quran for all Bohras.

Taher is educated, Muffadal is not.
Taher has worked for a living and also started and run a business. Muffy has no such experience.
Taher is a decent guy with wife and two kids. Muffy is well known to womanize.
Well know to womanize?

This is the first time I am hearing of this... can you please elaborate?

you do know, right? that allegations on someone's character without any proof is a major sin in Islam.

Shabab

Unread post by Shabab » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:22 am

Since ismaili got mentioned here. I thought this post will be worth reading.

DASAVATARA IN ISMAILISM - The Blasphemous Claim that ʿAlī was the Tenth Incarnation of the Hindu Lord Vishnu:

1. Before any Ismāʿīlī starts dismissing Daś āvatār (daśāvatāra), and saying it's not approved by the Ismāʿīlī Imām, it should be known that Daś āvatār was presented by Aga Khan I in the Bombay High Court as evidence of his authority over the Khojas. It was in 1866, that a group of Khojas filed a suit against Aga Khan I, claiming that the Khojas had been Sunni Muslims from the very beginning and the Aga Khan had no authority over them. The case, commonly referred to as the Aga Khan Case, was heard by Sir Joseph Arnould. The hearing lasted several weeks, and included testimony from Aga Khan I himself. He set forth the argument that Dasavatār was an Ismāʿīlī text that facilitated the conversion of the Khojas, and in doing so, confirmed a theological link between the Khojas and the Aga Khan.

After reviewing the history of the community, Justice Arnould gave a definitive and detailed judgement against the plaintiffs and in favor of Aga Khan.

Reference: Purohit, Teena. The Aga Khan Case (p. 57). Harvard University Press.

Purchase link for "The Aga Khan Case":

2. Khoja Ismāʿīlīs living in India and Africa recited in their du'ā the names of all the major and minor incarnations of Vishnu, the names of characters from the Hindu scriptures and epic tales. Here is a link for to that du'ā used in the 1950s: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WljlkRqlHY8

3. The recitation of a ginān called Daś āvatār (daśāvatāra) by an upstanding congregation, once a month on chāndrāt, used to be a ritual strictly observed in all the Ismāʿīlī Jam'ātkhānas of the world. The book of "Das Avatar" in Gujrati and English, published by the religious institutions of the Aga Khan, was sold throughout the world. Here are the links to both the gināns:

a. Dasavatār of Sayed Imām Shāh
http://ismaili.net/heritage/node/30598

b. Dasavatār of Pīr Sadardin
http://ismaili.net/heritage/node/30588

4. Until the 1960s, the verses from "Das Avatar" were invariably recited during the final moments of a dying Ismaili and thereafter at funeral ceremonies. The verses of "Das Avatar" communicate that listening to this ginān rewards the listener with eternal salvation.

5. Ismāʿīlī missionaries have taught Daś āvatār (daśāvatāra) through many sermons in Jam'ātkhānas across the world. One such speech by Al-Waez Rai Abū Aly in Toronto Jam'ātkhāna on Das Avatar is linked below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5tzmfo30jY

6. Dr. Gulshan Khakee - one of the Ismāʿīlī pioneers of Ginanic research, who graduated in teacher training in Nairobi where she taught at the Aga Khan Girls School and at the Kenya High School . She did her M.A. at Trinity College in Dublin – Ireland and her PhD at Harvard in 1972.wrote her PhD thesis “The `Das Avatara’ of Satpanthi Ismailis and Imam Shahis of Indo-Pakistan” which was submitted in 1972 to Harvard University. She writes in the introduction to her thesis that:

"The Nizārī Ismāʿīlī satpanthis of the Indo-Pakistan subcontinent are the followers of the Aga Khan, whom they consider to be the Imam, because of his direct lineal descent from Ali (the son-in-law and cousin of the prophet Muḥammad whom they regard as the tenth incarnatlon of the Hindu God Vishnu. The doctrine that Ali is the tenth incarnation of Vishnu, and. therefore the Imām (thus superimosing a Shīʿa Ismāʿīlī form of ’Islām on a Vaishnava Hindu substructure), seems to have been taught to the Satpanthis in the work entitled Dasavatara, literarly meaning the Ten Incarnations. It is this work, Dasavatara, or rather, the last portion of it, the Dasamo Avatar (or the Tenth Incarnation) that I have chosen as the text of my study."

Her thesis can be downloaded from:
https://insideismailism.wordpress.com/downloads-2/

The overwhelming evidence above establishes the blasphemous Ismāʿīlī belief that ʿAlī Radeyallāhu ′Anhu was the tenth incarnation of the Hindu Lord Vishu which has not only been preached by the Ismāʿīlī missionaries, but has been presented by Aga Khan himself in the Bombay High Court. This not only puts Ismāʿīlīsm at a distance from mainstream ’Islām, but establishes a close link between Ismāʿīlīsm and Hinduism - of which Ismāʿīlīsm is a more closely a sect of.

Ambassador_Mumbai

Unread post by Ambassador_Mumbai » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:08 pm

Shabab wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:22 am Since ismaili got mentioned here. I thought this post will be worth reading.

DASAVATARA IN ISMAILISM - The Blasphemous Claim that ʿAlī was the Tenth Incarnation of the Hindu Lord Vishnu:

1. Before any Ismāʿīlī starts dismissing Daś āvatār (daśāvatāra), and saying it's not approved by the Ismāʿīlī Imām, it should be known that Daś āvatār was presented by Aga Khan I in the Bombay High Court as evidence of his authority over the Khojas. It was in 1866, that a group of Khojas filed a suit against Aga Khan I, claiming that the Khojas had been Sunni Muslims from the very beginning and the Aga Khan had no authority over them. The case, commonly referred to as the Aga Khan Case, was heard by Sir Joseph Arnould. The hearing lasted several weeks, and included testimony from Aga Khan I himself. He set forth the argument that Dasavatār was an Ismāʿīlī text that facilitated the conversion of the Khojas, and in doing so, confirmed a theological link between the Khojas and the Aga Khan.

After reviewing the history of the community, Justice Arnould gave a definitive and detailed judgement against the plaintiffs and in favor of Aga Khan.

2. Khoja Ismāʿīlīs living in India and Africa recited in their du'ā the names of all the major and minor incarnations of Vishnu, the names of characters from the Hindu scriptures and epic tales. Here is a link for to that du'ā used in the 1950s: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WljlkRqlHY8

3. The recitation of a ginān called Daś āvatār (daśāvatāra) by an upstanding congregation, once a month on chāndrāt, used to be a ritual strictly observed in all the Ismāʿīlī Jam'ātkhānas of the world. The book of "Das Avatar" in Gujrati and English, published by the religious institutions of the Aga Khan, was sold throughout the world. Here are the links to both the gināns:

4. Until the 1960s, the verses from "Das Avatar" were invariably recited during the final moments of a dying Ismaili and thereafter at funeral ceremonies. The verses of "Das Avatar" communicate that listening to this ginān rewards the listener with eternal salvation.

5. Ismāʿīlī missionaries have taught Daś āvatār (daśāvatāra) through many sermons in Jam'ātkhānas across the world. One such speech by Al-Waez Rai Abū Aly in Toronto Jam'ātkhāna on Das Avatar is linked below:

6. Dr. Gulshan Khakee - one of the Ismāʿīlī pioneers of Ginanic research, who graduated in teacher training in Nairobi where she taught at the Aga Khan Girls School and at the Kenya High School . She did her M.A. at Trinity College in Dublin – Ireland and her PhD at Harvard in 1972.wrote her PhD thesis “The `Das Avatara’ of Satpanthi Ismailis and Imam Shahis of Indo-Pakistan” which was submitted in 1972 to Harvard University. She writes in the introduction to her thesis that:

"The Nizārī Ismāʿīlī satpanthis of the Indo-Pakistan subcontinent are the followers of the Aga Khan, whom they consider to be the Imam, because of his direct lineal descent from Ali (the son-in-law and cousin of the prophet Muḥammad whom they regard as the tenth incarnatlon of the Hindu God Vishnu. The doctrine that Ali is the tenth incarnation of Vishnu, and. therefore the Imām (thus superimosing a Shīʿa Ismāʿīlī form of ’Islām on a Vaishnava Hindu substructure), seems to have been taught to the Satpanthis in the work entitled Dasavatara, literarly meaning the Ten Incarnations. It is this work, Dasavatara, or rather, the last portion of it, the Dasamo Avatar (or the Tenth Incarnation) that I have chosen as the text of my study."

The overwhelming evidence above establishes the blasphemous Ismāʿīlī belief that ʿAlī Radeyallāhu ′Anhu was the tenth incarnation of the Hindu Lord Vishu which has not only been preached by the Ismāʿīlī missionaries, but has been presented by Aga Khan himself in the Bombay High Court. This not only puts Ismāʿīlīsm at a distance from mainstream ’Islām, but establishes a close link between Ismāʿīlīsm and Hinduism - of which Ismāʿīlīsm is a more closely a sect of.

This is all Nizari Ismailism and its attempt to reconcile Ismaili esotericism with vedic esotericism.

Taiyebi Ismaili's do not believe the same.

Shabab

Unread post by Shabab » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:19 am

There seems no much difference when it comes to akhlaaq of these people.

but thank you to mention it.

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:11 am

Let us first worry about ourselves before we criticise others.

We have so much mess and sins one wonders why we would point fingers to our cousins after all.
Shabab wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:22 am Since ismaili got mentioned here. I thought this post will be worth reading.

Ambassador_Mumbai

Unread post by Ambassador_Mumbai » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:02 am

Shabab wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:19 am There seems no much difference when it comes to akhlaaq of these people.

but thank you to mention it.
In your personal observation and in your opinion.

There is no credible evidence to suggest the same.

I have couple of Agha Khani friends, and I know that on an average, akhlaaq wise DB are doing better in terms of cherry and merry, if you know what I mean.

One thing which is similar is leader frenzy which is almost same on both side, infact DBs are little ahead in this as compared to Nizaris.

Ambassador_Mumbai

Unread post by Ambassador_Mumbai » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:05 am

Bohra spring wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:11 am Let us first worry about ourselves before we criticise others.

We have so much mess and sins one wonders why we would point fingers to our cousins after all.

So any Wahabi, Salafi, liberal, ithna ashari can come on this forum and say whatever shit comes to their mind about us... but we cannot even discuss them in context of our community.... very nice of you.

Qadir

Unread post by Qadir » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:08 am

It is not blasphemy to consider Hindu Mythology figures same as Abrahamic religious figures. It is however blasphemy to consider prophets and imams or duat as God (like hindus).
Just like how Christians have started considering Isa Nabi AS to be on same level or similar level as God, Hindus have done the same. You need to realize that names have a meaning and when they changed languages, society started calling same people with names of same meaning in their language. Hence the different names in Hinduism (Hindi), Judaism (Hebrew), and Islam (Arabic).
I don't know about the claim that Moulana Ali is the 10th avatar. But i know that Moulaya Abdullah (or maybe Moulaya Nuruddin) when came to India after gaining ilm from Imam Mustansir he stayed at a Hindu priest's house. He learned all about Hinduism from him and then corrected his ilm after that based on Islamic ilm. Focus on the word corrected, he didn't outright teach him all new things he corrected the flaws of Hinduism so that the priest entered the fold of dawat. Later on, the King and subsequently a large portion of kingdom brought dawat.

So, its very possible that Hindus were part of the Abrahamic religion but over time and due to lack of fast and reliable communication, they kind of went in the wrong direction. Think about it, Indian Civilization was one of the oldest along with Egytian, Mesopotamian and Greek. So, wouldn't atleast a couple of 124000 nabi would've belonged to India? Greece had Aristotle and Alexander, Mesopotamian and Egyptian had the main nabis we hear about, so the logical conclusion would be that India also had nabis to guide people to right direction.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:12 pm

It is not blasphemy to consider Hindu Mythology figures same as Abrahamic religious figures
Please explain this--Abrahamic faith believes in oneness of God while Hindu Mythology does NOT believe and it is blasphemy to consider Ram or Krishna to be Abrahmic God.
Just like how Christians have started considering Isa Nabi AS to be on same level or similar level as God,
No they consider him SON of God but being a follower of a DAI who says that doing TAWAF of Raudat Tahera is equivalent of doing Tawaaf of Haraam Sharif
So, its very possible that Hindus were part of the Abrahamic religion
Again according to my understanding, Hindus were part of the religion whose idols were removed from Kabbah by Ibrahim AS and as we are being told that Islam was the only religion which started from Adam and completed by Prophet Mohammed and all these went astray and created their own religions
So, wouldn't atleast a couple of 124000 nabi would've belonged to India?
And Yes, Quran has clearly mentioned that a Messenger was sent in different communities (Biradar can elaborate more on that)

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:15 pm

SBM bhai what contest SMS vs STF its so pillow fight.

Ok give them a few weeks to complete the round and let me know the victor. I will bring real leaders to compare. This SMS vs STF is so petty and amateur.

Even though I don't believe in STF. He is the more competent of the 2. I back him so we move to next round.

I will with likes of living Ayatollahs, Ulama, Syeds, non religious leaders that STF needs to base his achievements